Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War (2853 Views)

Did Jesus Come To Bring Peace Or Not? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / The Real Prophet Or Man Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War by therationa(m): 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2008
How did the gentle, meek and mild character of Jesus enter into the contemporary psyche when he implicates himself in some of the most vividly cruel and barbaric pronouncements of the NT. Take for instance Matthew 10: 32 - 37.

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Luke 14: 25-27
25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

What sort of message are the above passages calculated to send?
Re: Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War by MCUsman(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2008
Jesus was forever a man of peace and humility.
Re: Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War by therationa(m): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2008
MC Usman:

Jesus was forever a man of peace and humility.

Can you square this up with his own statement, viz "I came not to send peace, but a sword".
Re: Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War by oluomok(m): 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2008
It depends
I will tell u, for the children of God it is a man of peace, in the book of Mtw Jesus was introduce as the lame of Peace, that is Y her said i standing and knoking in the doors or our heart any man who will open he will enter but note satan does not knok he break in that is Y we call him thief.

But in the live of the Enemies of Zion "children of God" Jesus is a man of war that is why we can say Jesus the lion of the Tribe of Juda. it depend on how we are position to him if u are God's enemy i tell u he will show u that he's aman of war, that is y we Xtain we pray with authority and call fire upon the works of the enemies.

So we can it depend on how we accept him, it is a matter of choice like a lamp of Lion but i belive lamp is good to dwell with coz lion is dengerious in nature.

Than u all may God bless u all
Re: Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War by 4Him(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2008
therationa:

Can you square this up with his own statement, viz "I came not to send peace, but a sword".

Your basic problem is you never understood what was meant there as a sword. Why are christians not going about carrying swords? Ever asked urself that fundamental question?
Re: Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War by TheIkoro(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
therationa:
How did the gentle, meek and mild character of Jesus enter into the contemporary psyche when he implicates himself in some of the most vividly cruel and barbaric pronouncements of the NT. Take for instance Matthew 10: 32 - 37.

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Luke 14: 25-27
25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

What sort of message are the above passages calculated to send?

Every path to GOD can be found only by a man that has been stricken for the transgression of those to
whom his is to become their path. Such a man has to (in the words of King Sunny Ade) "die before he dies," and
even then still die. When a sacrifice as ultimate as that has been paid to carve out such a path, those opposed to the salvation
thereby made possible can be no other than those by whose hands the death came about - even when not in deed; in
word, or heart, or mind. Thus the hands ever free of the stain of righteous blood by such men - that had not only
Mohammed know Issa as truly and indeed a prophet; but that had also Jesus say unto his followers, "The
scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; SO PRACTISE AND OBSERVE WHATEVER THEY TELL YOU, but not what they do; for they
preach, but do not practise." And the voice of the righteous blood crying out unto The LORD from the ground can be appeased only by
GOD hearkening unto that cry, "Avenge me of mine adversary."

Jesus was not a man of war; despite all that may have been written, despite all that may have been said.
Yet, even Jesus sought the vengeance that Mohammed continues striving to obtain until this very day - as can be gleaned from
the conclusion he arrived at, after having given his parable of the wicked tenants: " 'When therefore the owner of the vineyard comes,
what will he do to those tenants?' They said to him, 'HE WILL PUT THOSE WRETCHES TO A MISERABLE DEATH....' "

For "The LORD is a man of war;
The LORD is His Name."

The only difference between the Jesus that Christian apologists always strive to portray as being of
no other but love, and the Mohammed that those same apologists ever would be seen as no more than
a murderous "terrorist;" is that, where the one would the vengeance be by the hand of GOD, the other wields it by his own hands.
Neither means is any more admirable than the other; for even David, father of
Jesus - a man of whom The LORD spoke as being "after His own heart" - sang of the vengeance
GOD had him wield by his hands, with words such as,

"I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
and did not turn back till they were
consumed.
I thrust them through, so that they were not
able to rise;
they fell under my feet."

However, that which has Christian apologists believe they can be ever justified by giving the impression the words,
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword;"
that due to which they have been able to convince quite a number of the gullible
and the fool that those words were not a call to arms, is the remorse that not only had the
King of Nin'eveh say unto his people, "Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; let them not feed, or drink water, but let man and beast be covered with sackcloth,
and let them cry mightily to God; yea, LET EVERY ONE TURN FROM HIS EVIL WAY and from the violence
which is in his hands. Who knows, God may yet repent and turn from His fierce anger,
so that we perish not?" The remorse that brought forth not just those words, but that also had they only that
I know as such of whom The Christ will not deny before The Father in Heaven, rejoice "that
they were counted worthy to suffer dishonour for The Name;" and enjoin all else to go forth to
Jesus outside the camp, outside the gate, AND BEAR THE ABUSE HE ENDURED. That remorse only it is that was able to pacify the blood of the righteous
Jesus crying out unto The LORD from the ground, and to appease the wrath of
The Most High that was to have descended on that most adulterous generation of which he saith,
"This generation will not pass away till all has taken place."

Two thousand years have passed away, and all has not taken place; because, yesterday, it was Jesus The
Christ. Today, it is Adedotun The Ikoro.

Ni aiye, ni orun, ni abe ile;
mi o gba
ebe.

And my spirit will definitely not rest in peace: until The Pride of
Machismo Renaissance, imbued with the faith of Masculinism, has gone from victory onto triumph; and
I am Lord indeed. For this truly and in all its entirety indeed be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may
be fulfilled. Amen.

- Ikoro Iyineleda.

(1) (Reply)

The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me / Why The Bible Was Deliberately Mistranslated / Can God Be Proven From A Blank Sheet Of Paper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.