Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Migrating To Seychelle - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrating To Seychelle (7247 Views)

These are White Europeans Migrating To Africa. / Migrating To Chile From Nigeria / Migrating To Australia, Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migrating To Seychelle by Vixtajic(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Please i need help from nairalanders out there,nigerians in seychelle on how i can relocate to seychelle..thanks
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by sonyvaio(f): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Why would you want to migrate to Seychelles?

1 Like

Re: Migrating To Seychelle by Vixtajic(m): 10:42am On Jan 06, 2013
I wish to live and work there pls
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by 19naia(m): 6:34am On Jan 07, 2013
Irrespective of the nationality of the visitor and his or her family members, there are NO VISA requirements to enter Seychelles. However, the following documents must be shown in order to obtain immigration clearance at the Seychelles International Airport:

1) A passport valid on the date of entry to and exit from Seychelles
2) Return or onward ticket
3) Proof of accommodation; including contact details
4) Sufficient funds for the duration of the stay

Holders of a "Kinderausweis" issued to German minors (up to and including 15 years of age) may enter Seychelles provided that this travel document contains a photo of the minor concerned.

Presentation of all of the above documents will grant you a Visitor’s Permit that will be issued upon arrival by the Seychelles Department of Immigration.

The Visitor’s Permit is initially valid for the period of visit of up to one month. It can be extended for a period of up to three months from the date of issue and capable of further extensions for successive periods not exceeding three months at a time to a maximum period of twelve months, provided that the person still meets the criteria of a bona fide visitor.

The visitor's permit is issued free of charge for the first three months after which there is a fee of SCR1,000 for extension covering each period of three months or any part thereof.

For all visa exemptions and extensions and other enquiries regarding immigration issues please contact:

Department of Immigration
Independence House
PO Box 430, Victoria
Mahé, Seychelles
Tel: +248 4 29 36 36
Fax: +248 4 22 50 35
Email: info@immigration.gov.sc
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by 19naia(m): 6:36am On Jan 07, 2013
ah i am glad someone asked so now i have seen its easy to enter...my friend told me she ate food from there when seychelles visitor to USA cooked for my friend,,she said it was so good and she never forgot it...ah i beg o,i want to go there also to visit...small island place with not much there and maybe french they speak there
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by Vixtajic(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
Thanks a million 19naia..never knew i wont be needing a visa but i will like to go there to work and i have been hearing different views..some say i will need to apply for GOP(gainful occupational permit) and not a tourist visa..seems you know about this island..more info about this please..thank you
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by 19naia(m): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
yes its true that an ordinary entry to a country is one criteria field..To work and be a resident is another story always requireing more effort to earn a status in the country other than a visitor who must leave after 1 year.......i dont know about seychelles so much as i have not been there..i travel the world a lot and meet people from all over earth to learn about their countries..also i use the VISA REQUIREMENTS web sites to get official reports on immigration policies for alomost every nation......Going to seychelles is not easy for me because the air fare from USA is between $4000.oo and 11000.oo round trip and i can better afford only destinations with airfare of $2000.oo or less for round trip....from africa you will be lucky and find it cheaper...good luck
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by alfablondy: 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ op if I may ask what is your profession? and what do you intend to do in Seychelles. May be I can give you some info regarding your profession and job prospect in Seychelles on this forum.
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by Vixtajic(m): 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
Thanks.I have a B.sc in marine biology, a certificate in boat driving&repairs..
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by Vixtajic(m): 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
Thanks.I have a B.sc in marine biology and a certificate in boat driving&repairs.pls kindly help out
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by keystone123(m): 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Vixtajic: Thanks.I have a B.sc in marine biology and a certificate in boat driving&repairs.pls kindly help out

You have good cerficate. They may need you there but my advice is try and look for job online in seychelles first while in Nigeria before embarking on the journey. According to their immigration rules you must get GOP before you can enter seychelles and take any job. Their law is very strtict and the place is a tourist country very expensive. Therefore it is not advisable to go as a tourist thinking you can convert to work visa. I rest my point.
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 10, 2013
Learning french first
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by 19naia(m): 1:33am On Jan 10, 2013
its true what was posted above about secureing a specific visa before going to a foriegn country...in my experience traveling and researching visa policies,many countries will allow you in on a specific visa such as visitor or student or worker;but in the event you want to change your status there,you must leave the country and apply any new type of visa outside the country..only extensions for existing visas can be granted in the country and only up to a fixed limit of extendability....seychelles may be different but its better to be prepared under common policies that limit visa switching while still resideing on existing visa.........seychelles is not very expensive compared to south africa or europe and USA...i read a report saying that salaries are low in seychelles when compared to cost of living..the seychelles ruppee is 13ruppes to 1 USdollar and its about 50ruppees to eat out at modest restuarant and about $500 to rent a nice but simple small house...these are stories from foreigners like americans,so maybe the locals there are able to find cheaper living for basic survival..

1 Like

Re: Migrating To Seychelle by macrichie(m): 3:55am On Jan 10, 2013
What is the economy like in seychelle?
And what is the cost of flight from lagos?
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by Vixtajic(m): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2013
Thanks y'all...so pls how do i apply for GOP? What are the requirements for getting a GOP?..anybody pls
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by alfablondy: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
@ op your prospective employer apply for gainful occupation permit on your behalf, that is private company or institution. If employed by the Seychelles government you will get exemption on arrival to cover the duration of your contract with the government. I dont really know much about marine biology but will ask someone who presently work with their transport corporation, he was in the marine industry before changing job.
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by Vixtajic(m): 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
@ alfablondy...thanks for the info..so that means i cant apply for the GOP myself unless i have an employer..will be waiting for the reply from your friend..gracias
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by keystone123(m): 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
19naia: its true what was posted above about secureing a specific visa before going to a foriegn country...in my experience traveling and researching visa policies,many countries will allow you in on a specific visa such as visitor or student or worker;but in the event you want to change your status there,you must leave the country and apply any new type of visa outside the country..only extensions for existing visas can be granted in the country and only up to a fixed limit of extendability....seychelles may be different but its better to be prepared under common policies that limit visa switching while still
resideing on existing visa.........seychelles is not very expensive compared to south africa or europe and USA...i read a report saying that salaries are low in seychelles when compared to cost of living..the seychelles ruppee is 13ruppes to 1 USdollar and its about 50ruppees to eat out at modest restuarant and about $500 to rent a nice but simple small house...these are stories from foreigners like americans,so maybe the locals there are able to find cheaper living for basic survival..

Well, mr 19naia. I know you have travel far and near. But I am very sure on want I am saying about what I said in my previous post that seychelles is expensive. take a look at how much they charge for their so call work permit or GOP or something. Is on the higher side compare to other countries. Also take a look at being living there for years or married their citizen they will not give that person their citizenship or issue out their citizen to anyone on that regards. Not like other countries.that what make me to say they are have a very strict law.
Once again mr 19naia you are welcome on board. You are once comment on my mexico post. I still expect more comment from you. Thanks
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by alfablondy: 7:10am On Jan 11, 2013
keystone123:

Well, mr 19naia. I know you have travel far and near. But I am very sure on want I am saying about what I said in my previous post that seychelles is expensive. take a look at how much they charge for their so call work permit or GOP or something. Is on the higher side compare to other countries. Also take a look at being living there for years or married their citizen they will not give that person their citizenship or issue out their citizen to anyone on that regards. Not like other countries.that what make me to say they are have a very strict law.
Once again mr 19naia you are welcome on board. You are once comment on my mexico post. I still expect more comment from you. Thanks

@ keystone you are right. Seychelles have a very strict immigration law regarding permanent residence or citizenship.Getting married to them is not a guarantee irrespective of no of years you stay there. It depends on several factor top among them are your contribution to the country in terms of service you render as a professional, your contribution to the economy as regards investment and 'connections'

@ op Yes to the best of my knowledge employer applied for GOP on your behalf.
You do nt really need to speak or understand french to work and reside in Seychelles. If you do it will be to your advantage you will easily understand the creole language.
Re: Migrating To Seychelle by WestAfrican: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2013
Few years back a friend of mine was deport from Seychelle. Not just himself, along side 15 other (Nigerians).
He was lucky to have found an Immigration who asked him to marry her so she could get him papers to re-enter Seychelle. He did just so and later couldn't bear with her violent attitude. He managed to contain himself until his passport was out. Now he is in UK.
The good thing is; you can get a 90days entry in UK but then, you need an invitation from a Seychelles local to get in.

(1) (Reply)

Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? / How Do I Get To Amuwo Odofin From Berger? / Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.