Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences (25673 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by liljboy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
Am a die hard fan of james hadley chase & i can beat my chest hard and tell you he is one of d best (if not d best) novel writers i've read his works.

His a master in what he does, best of the best. Use to see one of his novels in my dad's shelf (MY LAUGH COMES LAST), so i started off with it, and guess what

"I BECAME AN ADDICT"

If you are a fan, share with us what u think about him, or his novels you've read.
my list of chase novels i'v read

JAMES HADLEY CHASE fan boy
_____
his novels I've read
_____
1.my laugh comes last
2.mission to venice
3.make the corpse walk
4.one bright summer morning
5.safer dead
6.the soft center
7.come easy go easy
8.a lotus for miss quon
9.cade
10.lay her among the lillies
11.mission to siena
12.the world in my pocket
13.believe this you'll
believe anything
14.goldfish have no hiding
place
15.tiger by the tail
16.trusted like the fox
17.do me a favor drop dead
18.we'll share a double funeral
19.miss shumway waves a
wand
20.a coffin from hong kong
21.i'll bury my dead
22.consider yourself dead
23.the things men do
24.the way the cookie crumbles
25.you can say that again
26. THE VULTURE IS A
PATIENT BIRD
27. knock! knock!! who's there?
28. You never know with women
29. Twelve Chinks and a Woman (The Doll's Bad News)
30. Like a hole in the head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
This may be unbelievable buh i read THE DOLL'S BAD NEWS when i was primary school..i can remember d story faintly... read anoda one afterwards, i think Golden fish or something....i knw he is a gud writer nd my dad's a fan...im more of JOHN GRISHAM..

1 Like

Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Meklex(m): 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
I've read things men do....its been long, funny enough I must say that my Dad contributed alot to my love for literary works, He had a shelf, full of books,you can imagine, actually I read things men do under a week in one of my scavenging tours to my dad's shelf and I must say its worth the time,, Chase had both romance thrills, suspence etc at his beck and call, but I must say no one does it better than Dan brown
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by liljboy(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
.Hmmmmm... Can u mention some his novels?... There's no writer like chase, try and read BELIEVE THIS, U'LL BELIEVE ANYTHING..
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by liljboy(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
Bolushalom: ... read anoda one afterwards, i think Golden fish or something....

GOLDEN FISH HAS NO HIDING PLACE... Hv read that one as well. Intriguing
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by ositadima1(m): 10:06am On Jan 06, 2013
Hi guys, I read somany when I was home awaiting my jamb results. Too bad I hardly have time now.

By the way, there are about 82 novels in total under his name. If anyone is interested I can give u a link where u can download them all, in pdf format. I stumbled on it some years back. What about the Nick Carter series?

1 Like

Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by liljboy(m): 11:08am On Jan 06, 2013
I need d link oh... Bt i had he got 88 novels he wrote?
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by ositadima1(m): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2013
lil jboy: I need d link oh... Bt i had he got 88 novels he wrote?

U are right, its all here: http:www.jhchase..com/search/label/JHC?m=0
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by opo22: 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
i can say i had read over 80 percent of JHS books, but the interestng thing about chase was that i outgrown his books. There is one of the books that we had to do a conference reading of it, 4 of us all night. In those days we blow guy with books unlike today where boys think only of violence. Has anyone read THE FAST BUCK by JHS. If u a looking 4 suspence read more books, Ludlum, H.Robins, I. wallace, S.sheldon, J. susan, L.Uris, J.Collins, C.Achebe, U. wationgo. w. Shoyinka. Of allmy all time best is THE BOURNE Identity.

1 Like

Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by ositadima1(m): 8:34am On Jan 07, 2013
The bourne Identity is a good book, but the movie is something else, bourne triology are a set of movies to own men!!!

1 Like

Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by liljboy(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2013
opo22: i can say i had read over 80 percent of JHS books, but the interestng thing about chase was that i outgrown his books. There is one of the books that we had to do a conference reading of it, 4 of us all night. In those days we blow guy with books unlike today where boys think only of violence. Has anyone read THE FAST BUCK by JHS. If u a looking 4 suspence read more books, Ludlum, H.Robins, I. wallace, S.sheldon, J. susan, L.Uris, J.Collins, C.Achebe, U. wationgo. w. Shoyinka. Of allmy all time best is THE BOURNE Identity.
these are authors right? Gimmie there novel titles. Hv read wationgo's WEEP NOT CHILD... Pretty 9c
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by liljboy(m): 10:02am On Jan 07, 2013
ositadima1:

U are right, its all here: http:www.jhchase..com/search/label/JHC?m=0
thanks homie
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by megareal: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2013
Bolushalom: This may be unbelievable buh i read THE DOLL'S BAD NEWS when i was primary school..i can remember d story faintly... read anoda one afterwards, i think Golden fish or something....i knw he is a gud writer nd my dad's a fan...im more of JOHN GRISHAM..
Its not unbelievable. I read Hadley Chase when I was in primary too. Got it from my coz. I'D read all his works before I finished JSS. I remember my principal caught me one day and told me I was going to be a very bad girl if I kept reading Chase. I've grown up and read other books, and I'd say Chase isn't among my best authors anymore. Grisham is.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
megareal:
Its not unbelievable. I read Hadley Chase when I was in primary too. Got it from my coz. I'D read all his works before I finished JSS. I remember my principal caught me one day and told me I was going to be a very bad girl if I kept reading Chase. I've grown up and read other books, and I'd say Chase isn't among my best authors anymore. Grisham is.
guess we av a lot in common. lol
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Am not a fan but i've read a bit of his work. He's a good writer though, His books neeed mordern re-print of something like that. If i need to read crime, then John Grisham comes to mind. His a very good writer.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by ositadima1(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
megareal:

U read all d series before u finished ur jsss, dat is impressive. Did u understand it, at dat age? The stories are short but intricate, wow
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by opo22: 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
lil jboy: these are authors right? Gimmie there novel titles. Hv read wationgo's WEEP NOT CHILD... Pretty 9c

Each of those authors, some had written more than dozen books. Depending on ur taste, if u like romantic thrillers with serious epsonage i seriouslypp recommend Robert Ludlum, The Matarase Circle, Bourne Identity. Historical fictio, read Exodus, Milan 18 or QB IIV by Leon Uris, extensive romances, intrigue, suspense, i recommend Lonely Lady by Siney Sheldon, The Plot, The Word, The Fan Club, The Seven Siren all by Irvin Wallace. The Firm, The Last Jury by John Grisham.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
opo22:

Each of those authors, some had written more than dozen books. Depending on ur taste, if u like romantic thrillers with serious epsonage i seriouslypp recommend Robert Ludlum, The Matarase Circle, Bourne Identity. Historical fictio, read Exodus, Milan 18 or QB IIV by Leon Uris, extensive romances, intrigue, suspense, i recommend Lonely Lady by Siney Sheldon, The Plot, The Word, The Fan Club, The Seven Siren all by Irvin Wallace. The Firm, The Last Jury by John Grisham.

The Testament by John Grisham won't be odd on your list too.

1 Like

Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by uceee(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
ositadima1: What about the Nick Carter series?
Did James Hardley Chase write the Nick Carter series too? I haven't been able to find another of it since around 2005.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by ositadima1(m): 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
uceee: Did James Hardley Chase write the Nick Carter series too? I haven't been able to find another of it since around 2005.

No, it's a different author
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by liljboy(m): 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
This john Grisham guy must b fun oh! Abeg someone should gimme a list of his books, bt not romance abeg... Stil nursing a heart break, biko.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
lil jboy: This john Grisham guy must b fun oh! Abeg someone should gimme a list of his books, bt not romance abeg... Stil nursing a heart break, biko.

Those that I've read and i can recommend.

1. The Client.
2. The Confession.
3. The Firm.
4. Last Juror.
5. A Painted house.
6. The Partner.
7. Pelican Brief.
8. Playing for pizza.
9. Rainwater.
10. Runway Jury.
11. The Testament.
12. A time to kill.

The man stole a whole lot of my time last year, i enjoyed every bit of his work though. My target was to read every bit of his work, but i couldn't lay my hand on the remaining ones.

1 Like

Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
lil jboy: This john Grisham guy must b fun oh! Abeg someone should gimme a list of his books, bt not romance abeg... Stil nursing a heart break, biko.
The runaway jury, The firm, The pelican brief, The client, The last juror, A time to kill, The painted house, The broker, The chamber, The rainmaker etc like him on facebook to know his latest books
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Aafulenu(f): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
maybe its just me but grisham is kinda becoming stale/boring to me. am no longer finding his books interesting. unlike archer and sheldon

on the topic JHC too is kinda stale to me, i guess ave outgrown it.
i read my very first novel in jss1 will never forget it.
the other side of midnight - sidney sheldon (i rem taking it from my dads collection and neva returning it)

1 Like

Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Aafulenu(f): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
adeaugustus:

Those that I've read and i can recommend.

1. The Client.
2. The Confession.
3. The Firm.
4. Last Juror.
5. A Painted house.
6. The Partner.
7. Pelican Brief.
8. Playing for pizza.
9. Rainwater.
10. Runway Jury.
11. The Testament.
12. A time to kill.

The man stole a whole lot of my time last year, i enjoyed every bit of his work though. My target was to read every bit of his work, but i couldn't lay my hand on the remaining ones.

out of ur list the only one i havent read/seen is the confession, please do u have it as an ebook? if u do can i have it?

if any one needs this books he listed, i have them in pdf format. if u need it just say and i will upload.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
Aafulenu: maybe its just me but grisham is kinda becoming stale/boring to me. am no longer finding his books interesting. unlike archer and sheldon

on the topic JHC too is kinda stale to me, i guess ave outgrown it.
i read my very first novel in jss1 will never forget it.
the other side of midnight - sidney sheldon (i rem taking it from my dads collection and neva returning it)

About Grisham, I find his work interesting from the inception, but after reading a dozen of his book. I kind of noticed a template for his work. My best novel so far is Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. (Am a medical guy, so non medical people might find it boring)
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Aafulenu:

out of ur list the only one i havent read/seen is the confession, please do u have it as an ebook? if u do can i have it?

if any one needs this books he listed, i have them in pdf format. if u need it just say and i will upload.

sorry but they're Not ebook. They are all in my collection, building a library.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by megareal: 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
ositadima1:

U read all d series before u finished ur jsss, dat is impressive. Did u understand it, at dat age? The stories are short but intricate, wow
Funny enough I did. I was a voracious reader and had been exposed to lots of books by then, somehow I understood the plots. I started writing after him in Jss 2. Sadly I never published any.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by megareal: 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bolushalom:
guess we av a lot in common. lol
Guess so too.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by ositadima1(m): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Guys what about Anne Rice, she's got good supernatural fiction. Mayfair witches triology and her Lestat vampire series are quite good.
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by ositadima1(m): 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
Old books but really nice, like her vampire personalities, full of drama and intrigue
Re: All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences by ositadima1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
lol, off point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls / Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? / As You Lay Your Bed, So You Lie On It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.