Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Of Contact Lenses And Fake Lashes. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Of Contact Lenses And Fake Lashes. (1506 Views)

Drop Your Fake Lashes, Grow Your Lashes Longer / Coloured Fashion Contact Lenses For Beautiful Eyes / Would You Use Contact Lenses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Of Contact Lenses And Fake Lashes. by MissDebisi(f): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
Culled from my blog: craymistress.
Vivian cannot do without her Eyelashes extending and her Contact lenses. According to her, they add to her beauty and as such she does not deem her look complete without them. In fact, she added, "I look like I am sick without my fake lashes because my natural lashes are so short". Many ladies today are like Vivian and cannot do without the aforementioned items. The eyelashes extension can be made from different materials ranging from synthetic to natural and can come in different shades of colours... think Goldie. They can also come in different lengths, as short as my natural lashes or as long as Nicki's. Whichever way, the bearer usually has a reason for choosing a colour or length. Some extensions are detachable, that is you can apply and remove them whenever you want while some are permanent; once they are fixed they are there till you are tired of them. Contact lenses on their part can come in different colours- blue, green, brown, grey; Grey being the favoured colour among Naija Babes. They can also be recommended or Fashionable.
However, these two fashion items are grossly abused by Naija babes. As I said earlier, grey is the favoured colour of contact lens among Naija babes. Babes of different complexions use them which is very wrong. One should choose a contact lens that would blend nicely with one's complexion, for example, grey contacts would do nicely on a light-complexioned babe and brown on a Chocolate-complexioned one. It would not be nice if a babe's eyes send an intending suitor packing. It is also of immense importance that your contacts are well taken care of; endeavo to disinfect them from time to time. The good thing is that most contact lenses come with their own disinfectant. Be very careful in applying your contact tens, I don't know how true this is, but a lady's contact lens allegedly melted while she was trying to put off her gas cooker. Be extremely careful.
Contact Lenses are abused but more abused is the Eyelashes Extensions, I see it on every babe I come across whether it looks good on them or not. The sad part is that most of these babes do not go to professionals to have their extensions applied, apart from the part that it is safer, it looks better and would only cost you a few Naira more. Some of these quack-stylists apply the extensions in such a way that the adhesive used is visible. This is unsightly as it is distasteful. Your extensions should blend in with your natural lashes and compliment it. Another issue is that of length. Some ladies in their bid to rival Lady Gaga fix ridiculously long lashes. What they do not know is that the Lady Gagas and the Goldies are only trying to carve a niche for themselves as entertainers. Fix your extensions moderately. Your appearance tells a lot about you. Guys of nowadays are on the prowl for natural ladies. Your attachment if overused would only make you look vain. In addition, be careful when applying your extensions. There is an adhesive called "peppered" and another "pepperless". The peppered is said to make your extensions last longer but whichever one you opt for, tell your stylist to be careful with your eyes. They are the light of your body. Eyes have been lost to these adhesives and even to the extensions. Be careful.
Contact lenses and eyelashes are supposed to compliment your natural look and not kill it. Modesty is the Word.
Re: Of Contact Lenses And Fake Lashes. by ogepure: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Wat is all dis crazy fashions all abt? To an extent dat one will lose her eye on d process. Men are not worth all these stresses. Make up in a moderate way and look fine. Some gals look like masqurade after fixing d lens. My fellow ladies, pls wise up.
Re: Of Contact Lenses And Fake Lashes. by MissDebisi(f): 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
Tell dem oh my sister.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Where Can I Buy A Good Sewing Machine / Mary Kay Products / Make-up Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.