Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. (4748 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
While I have no intention of taking my opinion too serious nor to duplicate threads, I wish the subject of "head" "hair" "veil" "covering" be cleared out. Especially in the light of my little pragmatic reasoning/logic.

My last post (as re-posted below) from webfocus' thread (https://www.nairaland.com/1120261/why-christian-men-remove-cap ) is the bases for this thread. Tell us if men in your church and even yourself do have hat/cap on all through your worship service in your church

With much respect to you all, please, do justice to it.

Thanks smiley

I choose to believe(note that it is my own
opinion) many men (even the liberty professing
pentecostals) subconsciously have issues with
the "head" "hair" "covering" thing from 1 Cor if
not, as they say their ladies are free to use no
scarf/hat, they also should be free to put on caps and hats but they rarely do if not never sef.
Waiting to see the "big big" pastors and bishops
dem from Christ Embassy, Living faith, COZA, C3, Daystar and from even your own church(you NLder that says bible no talk am). Let's see them on TV and let them choose to do so regularly to church if their conscience really is clear to what they profess.
They just can't stand for the doctrine nor able to
convince women since they see "no covering" as
liberty so they chose to say it is.
It is happening already---2 Tim 4:3 and 2 Pet
2:19(in any bible translation you like)
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Joagbaje(m): 7:44am On Jan 06, 2013
Appearance is A matter of choice . Cap or scarf. People say men remove cap for reverence but the bible didn't say so. Pope and bishops wear cap. It's just costumes.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
Appearance is A matter of choice but covering has always been a matter of doctrine debate.

"...but the bible didn't say so."--this is still subject to debate among we christians.

I just want to know if you put on hat/cap in church during service and if men in your church do (including the pastor).

Pope
and bishops wear cap. It's just costumes.--A religious costume that they will not by choice come on the altar without--no,not by choice. They'll always have something on their head.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Image123(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
hahahaha this must go for a rhetoric question, I'd be highly favoured by God and other gods to see answers here.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Jezuspoa: 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
I dont have power to type and i dont have details if you wanna know the subject fully visit wikipedia, it gave an unbiased view of covering of hair during prayer
but covering of hair was an order from Paul to the corith church because of their tradition..very christian women stopping tieing their hair because they felt that being born again gave them the liberty to do what they like and this didn't ogur well for the men who say hear tieing as submission to authority (men were considered superior).it was causing comotion, hence paul gave that instruction, so he can restore oderliness to the corith church. also research on the acient corith tradition to get a clearer view
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
anukulapo: @jesuzpoa and jo--no need for scriptural reference and back-up NOR history from wikipedia.

Just tell us about yourself and what's obtainable in your church.

Justify your scriptural claim by your action. I just want to know if you practice what you preach.

@image123: now I don't see these guys to comment. Did you scare them off? LOL.

@Mod: please promote this thread. I think it will bring subject to a true end.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2013
Men are not allowed to wear anything except their hair and it must be really short...a man who keeps long hair,braided or dreadlocks is a disgrace among us

As for us woman we can do as we please to our hair grin grin

Just saying
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Men are not allowed to wear anything except their hair and it must be really short...a man who keeps long hair,braided or dreadlocks is a disgrace among us

As for us woman we can do as we please to our hair grin grin

Just saying
how come i get this funny feeling that Jesus paintings in catholic churches has a very long hair..is it due to the fact that He is a nazarene?
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bidam: how come i get this funny feeling that Jesus paintings in catholic churches has a very long hair..is it due to the fact that He is a nazarene?
Maybe I don't know but m not a catholic so...
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by deebrain(m): 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
Jesus was from Nazareth ( He was known as Jesus the Nazarene ie a person from the village of nazareth). Jesus WAS NOT A NAZARITE (people with a covenant and an oath not to cut their hair). Samson was a Nazarite.

1 Like

Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2013
Okay, my sister. I have come to honour your thread today. First, there may be argument about this issue of 'head' covering or not whatever. Even many teachers of God's word doesn't agree on this subject because of interpretation. My understanding is that, Apostle Paul is not giving a law for a man to wear hat or not neither the woman but using the analogy of head and hair to illustrate his teaching.

The 'key' to understanding that Apostle Paul is not laying down a law for the Corinthian church, and apparently the universal church is found in verse 3 of 1 Corinthians 11 and verse 16. You can put that into perspective and try read those scriptures again.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2013
Thanks bro Goshen for honouring my thread.

I didn't want you to explain the scriptures anymore. I just wanted a straight answers to these question

1) Do you wear hat/cap during your church worship service?

2) Do your pastor(s) wear hat/cap during your church worship service?

3) Are women asked to always use scarf/veil in your church during service always?

4) Are women free to participate in worship service with/without scarf/veil in your church (as they will)?

Thanks. I anticipate your response
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
anukulapo: Thanks bro Goshen for honouring my thread.

I didn't want you to explain the scriptures anymore. I just wanted a straight answers to these question

1) Do you wear hat/cap during your church worship service?

I do not wear hat/cap but if I do, it won't mean a sin nor anything against scriptures. Paul wasn't talking about to wear or not to wear. I attend worship gathering by invitation where men wear hat/cap in worship gathering. As long as you still see church as the building, there will be further confusion. We're the church, not the building where we gather to worship.

anukulapo:

2) Do your pastor(s) wear hat/cap during your church worship service?

Yes, my pastor had worn hat/cap in the past and can wear anytime but he doesn't make law out of it to wear or not to wear every time we gather to worship.

anukulapo:

3) Are women asked to always use scarf/veil in your church during service always?

It is not a law as the church or the Apostles DO NOT HAVE SUCH TRADITIONS (1 Cor. 11:16). Some women wear scarf and some don't. Some wear female hat by design and some don't. There is no law against such neither is there tradition in God's church towards that.

anukulapo:

4) Are women free to participate in worship service with/without scarf/veil in your church (as they will)?

Where do you have such in scripture? That women must wear or not wear scarf in order to participate in worship service? Again, neither we, the Apostles or the church of God have such traditions.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
HEAD COVERING IS SYMBOLIC NOT PHYSICAL. THE HEAD OF EVERY MAN IS CHRIST. CHRIST IS MANS HEAD COVERING. THE HEAD OF EVERY WOMAN IS HER HUSBAND. HER HUSBAND IS HER HEAD COVERING. SO WHEN IT SAYS MEN YOU HAVE TO UNCOVER YOUR HEAD IN CHURCH, IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO BE ATTENTIVE AND VERY RECEPTIVE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST WHICH IS THE MESSAGE IN THE BIBLE. AND WHEN IT SAYS WOMEN COVER YOUR HEAD, IT MEANS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD ONLY LEARN FROM HER HUSBAND AND NO OTHER MEN.

1 CORINTHIANS 14 VS 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is inappropriate for a woman to speak out in church..
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
Goshen360:

I do not wear hat/cap but if I do,

Yes, my pastor had worn hat/cap in the past and can wear anytime but he doesn't make law out of it to wear or not to wear every time we gather to worship.

From your statement above, I can deduce that;
1) You have never worn a cap/hat during worship service. Even if you dressed with a hat/cap, you removed it before you entered into the church.
2) If your pastor did, during and all through a worship service (praying and prophecying) it might be just once but I wonder what purpose it served.

I will accept your stand on the "covering" "veil" "Hat" "Cap" issue if you put on an attire that a cap/hat will be fitting to and have it on all through the service for atleast 6 times in a year--and that, if your pastor does that also.

if you don't do(present continous tense) this, I will conclude that you are teaching what you can't practice.
Matt 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall DO AND TEACH them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

@Obadiah
Please,answer the questions too without quoting scriptures. I'm sure you will read my response to bro Goshen.

Thanks.

I am still yet to see any male pentecostal pastor put on a cap/hat all through the service;and that, as a regular way of doing.
Till then,I reserve my comment.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
I am still yet to see any male pentecostal pastor put on a cap/hat all through the service;and that, as a regular way of doing.
Till then,I reserve my comment.[/quote]
lies..lies.. late Archbishop Benson Idahosa always wears a cap while preaching..used to watch him on TV....u can confirm it from others... grin grin grin
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
anukulapo:

From your statement above, I can deduce that;
1) You have never worn a cap/hat during worship service. Even if you dressed with a hat/cap, you removed it before you entered into the church.

First, I thank God I came in this generation. I answered you on a purpose and you fell flat in your response. The truth is, if I want to wear a hat/cap, I do and it has nothing with scripture and I will prove that to you in a moment. Besides, have you seen me before and how do you know I remove cap/hat when entering a church - I told you earlier that I/we are the church, not the building so what church are you talking about?. You don't have to elevate the building more that what bible calls the church itself.

anukulapo:

2) If your pastor did, during and all through a worship service (praying and prophecying) it might be just once but I wonder what purpose it served.

Okay, now you're asking what purpose it served? The same way wearing or not wearing doesn't mean anything against scriptures - Paul said, the Apostles or the church of God, that is, we do not have such tradition or custom. My Pastor puts on hat/cap anytime if feels. Again, you are emphasing PRAYING and PROPHECYING right? and I told you the passage wasn't talking about wearing or not wearing; it was talking about honouring your head and submission but because you are reading the religious mind into that scripture you didn't see it as it is. Okay, that's not an issue here now because even many scholars don't agree on this subject. Okay.

Now, my question is, since you are saying that scripture is talking about wearing a hat/cap when PRAYING or PROPHECYING, does anyone who is listening to message/preaching, standing as usher, singing praise/worship etc aside of PRAYING/PROPHECYING (since it says praying or prophecying as you mentioned when I'm entering the church earlier) wearing a hat/cap commit anything against scriptures or does such person sin?

Kindly answer the above question.

anukulapo:

I will accept your stand on the "covering" "veil" "Hat" "Cap" issue if you put on an attire that a cap/hat will be fitting to and have it on all through the service for atleast 6 times in a year--and that, if your pastor does that also.

This is NOT scripture but your own tradition(s) or assertion. I don't see where it is said in scripture that I can only do such ONLY IF my Pastor does such and IF I only wear an attire that fits what I'm wearing. I can wear an English hat/cap on my English dressing. Don't tell me very soon, you people will say someone cannot wear (dark) eye glass to worship places.... cool. You are giving a law for certain period it can be done which is never such in scriptures.

anukulapo:

if you don't do(present continous tense) this, I will conclude that you are teaching what you can't practice.
Matt 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall DO AND TEACH them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I am still yet to see any male pentecostal pastor put on a cap/hat all through the service;and that, as a regular way of doing. Till then,I reserve my comment.

This is your own conclusion. It's okay to think as you wish but don't read tradition into scriptures. Thank God Bidam responded to you already - meaning, your assertion is WRONG; it is traditional and sentimental. Again, that scripture isn't talking about to wear or not to wear but honouring and submission to your head, not your physical head but to Christ, man/husband and God respectively. That being said, lemme leave you with the words of a wise man. He said, "Christianity started in Israel in SPIRIT And TRUTH. When Christianity entered Rome, it became RELIGION. When it entered America, it became BUSINESS. When it entered Africa (Nigeria), it became TRADITION And CUSTOM".

The letter killeth but the Spirit gives Life!. Apostle Paul said, If anyone want to argue this, the church of God doesn't have such tradition neither does the Apostles.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
Bidam:
lies..lies.. late Archbishop Benson Idahosa always wears a cap while preaching..used to watch him on TV....u can confirm it from others... grin grin grin

Happy you played into this side. Now to the fashion of my question, If the father of pentecostalism as he is called ALWAYS (from your post) wears a cap(like the ranks of catholic bishops and cardinals), then does he do it as a matter of choice or as in the was of the catholic bishops or the Aaron's priesthood?

I wonder if it was the scripture that told him to ALWAYS put it on(I don't think he ALWAYS put it on anyways but if he does,then...) or it was a tradition he learnt/developed himself.

Ask yourself why other pentecostal pastors (alive) have not been seen in such attire. Bishop Oyedepo is a son-in-faith to him (you can tell me if he has ever worn such).Waiting for the likes of Pst Adeboye, Pst Oritsejafor, Pst Okotie, Pst Oyakilomhe, Pst
Adefarasin, Pst S. Adeyemi...to put it on just for once (and eventually you)
There are some other things you don't know about Bishop Idahosa's appearance--you should find out.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 12:14am On Jan 13, 2013
Goshen360:

The truth is, if I want to wear a hat/cap, I do and it has nothing with scripture and I will prove that to you in a moment. Besides, have you seen me before and how do you know I remove cap/hat when entering a church - I told you earlier that I/we are the church, not the building so what church are you talking about?. You don't have to elevate the building more that what bible calls the church itself.

Sir,I wasn't reading you post upside down. Did you not say "I do not wear hat/cap but if I do,..."

And I never said you should do it because your pastor does (and I never said it was in the scriptures either). My point? If you say the scripture is not talking about a literal hat, why don't you dress (english or native) in a way that a cap/hat will fit so that you'll go to church like that consistently? Afterward you can post and say "I practise what I preach-- we are the church, not the building. Simple practical approach.

True, I don't know you so I have never seen you taken off your hat before going into the church. I expect that you just simply say "No,I always put on my hat to church and all through the service when ever I am dressed with a hat--and so do all the male in the church(assembly) I worship"
That would be a straight answer and not the "ever debate-able" scripture references.

Saying you should wear it up to 6 times is like saying you should forgive 70x70 time.

It's easy to explain scriptures you know--just practise it and tell us that you did.

...wearing a hat/cap commit anything against scriptures or does such person sin?--Same question image123 asked you but you didn't answer him--so I won't answer you either. Sorry though.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 13, 2013
anukulapo:

Happy you played into this side. Now to the fashion of my question, If the father of pentecostalism as he is called ALWAYS (from your post) wears a cap(like the ranks of catholic bishops and cardinals), then does he do it as a matter of choice or as in the was of the catholic bishops or the Aaron's priest[/b]hood?

I wonder if it was the scripture that told him to ALWAYS put it on(I don't think he ALWAYS put it on anyways but if he does,then...) or it was a tradition he learnt/developed himself.

[b]Ask yourself why other pentecostal pastors (alive) have not been seen in such attire. Bishop Oyedepo is a son-in-faith to him (you can tell me if he has ever worn such).Waiting for the likes of Pst Adeboye, Pst Oritsejafor, Pst Okotie, Pst Oyakilomhe, Pst
Adefarasin, Pst S. Adeyemi...to put it on just for once (and eventually you)
There are some other things you don't know about Bishop Idahosa's appearance--you should find out.
@ the emboldened i don't know and i really don't care anyway..i just pointed out a fact you missed that i saw him on tv...if u see him when you die don't hesitate to ask him sha..why bother us with such frivolities grin...other Pentecostal ministers have alot to do which is feed the sheep than bother on trivial appearances..as for me not putting a cap..does it matter? what matters is CHRIST in me the hope of GLORY.... In fact what is THIS PHOBIA you have about cap issue anywayz MAY THE good LORD open your eyes...lets forget about this attire issue and let me show you the kind of church that Christ desire upon the face of the EARTH...Take a good look @ this CHURCH:

The purpose of gathering
Churches are based upon [b]koinonia [/b]and devoted to mutual edification – not worship
performances, not warfare, not entertainment, not evangelism, not leadership, not
authenticating some apostolic ministry and certainly not to have a visible presence in the
town. [Most historic churches were at their most effective when the authorities couldn’t
find them.] Now good churches will be evangelistic, will worship, will have good leaders
and so on, but they are structured in order to equip the saints and for every member to
participate in some meaningful way. This means that churches are not huge, are not front
led, are encouraging places to be, have no imposing liturgical practices (like a dominant
band on a stage), are informal, organic and family based places where people submit to one
another in love. They are places where people get to know each other and build trusting
relationships; where visitors can feel welcome and accepted, where Biblical norms (like
breaking bread) are always practised. Indeed, the Lord’s Supper is the principal reason
given in the NT for gathering together. This is a Biblical church.

Instead, Charismatic gatherings are usually for a strategic purpose THE QUESTION IS: IS THE FORMER YOUR KIND OF CHURCH? OR THE LATTER? FOOD FOR THOT MY BRODA.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
Bidam: [/b]@ the emboldened i don't know and i really don't care anyway..i just pointed out a fact you missed that i saw him on tv...if u see him when you die don't hesitate to ask him sha..why bother us with such frivolities grin...other Pentecostal ministers have alot to do which is feed the sheep than bother on trivial appearances..as for me not putting a cap..does it matter? what matters is CHRIST in me the hope of GLORY.... In fact what is THIS PHOBIA you have about cap issue anywayz MAY THE good LORD open your eyes...lets forget about this attire issue and let me show you the kind of church that Christ desire upon the face of the EARTH...Take a good look @ this CHURCH:

The purpose of gathering
Churches are based upon [b]koinonia [/b]and devoted to mutual edification – not worship
performances, not warfare, not entertainment, not evangelism, not leadership, not
authenticating some apostolic ministry and certainly not to have a visible presence in the
town. [Most historic churches were at their most effective when the authorities couldn’t
find them.] Now good churches will be evangelistic, will worship, will have good leaders
and so on, but they are structured in order to equip the saints and for every member to
participate in some meaningful way. This means that churches are not huge, are not front
led, are encouraging places to be, have no imposing liturgical practices (like a dominant
band on a stage), are informal, organic and family based places where people submit to one
another in love. They are places where people get to know each other and build trusting
relationships; where visitors can feel welcome and accepted, where Biblical norms (like
breaking bread) are always practised. Indeed, the Lord’s Supper is the principal reason
given in the NT for gathering together. This is a Biblical church.

Instead, Charismatic gatherings are usually for a strategic purpose THE QUESTION IS: IS THE FORMER YOUR KIND OF CHURCH? OR THE LATTER? FOOD FOR THOT MY BRODA.

Good to read from you sooner than i thought. I'll commend you because if I were you your shoes too and don't know what to say to the questions I am being asked, i'll play smart and bring up another topic of an ideal situation to just divert the subject of discussion.

@ text in red: I hope when the ideal church you described above starts a debate about homosexuals + abortion + other evil appearances in the "church" you won't say they are frivolity issues. (even sisters with so many seductive dresses in the congregation. I hope you won't tell me that God is looking at their hearts and not their dressing because we humans can see their body and such leads to...)

@ text in green; Yeah,some are busy feeding the sheeps with junks. Helping them to build with straw. They'll be lucky to have christ in their foundation when their works suffer loss.

@text in blue: I am happy you indicated that there is "a kind" of church that christ desires. Not according to your pattern--anything goes,God care less. I thought Moses had to build according to the pattern shown to him--not just anyhow--there's a pattern (don't trip here cos I am not talking about the law but about God having a pattern). And yes,we (You and I) can forget about this attire issue seeing that you cannot answer the question without diversion. I make it a win-win for us but readers are allowed to make their judgement of your personal dessociation from the practice of what you preach.

We that believe the bible says men should not have cap,we don't put it on while you that says otherwise have not been putting it on--so why do you think we are wrong? You don't practice what you preach so...
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
anukulapo:
We that believe the bible says men should not have cap,we don't put it on while you that says otherwise have not been putting it on--so why do you think we are wrong? You don't practice what you preach so...

Okay, should a woman put scarf on or not....to cover her hair?
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Image123(m): 11:12am On Jan 14, 2013
let's form a big circle, like your mother's cooking pot.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 11:38am On Jan 14, 2013
"Tell us if men in your church and even yourself do have hat/cap on all through your worship service in your church."

If you have answered the question above from my original post (by simply typing YES / NO / MAJORITY or FEW DO), then you would have justified all the explaination and claims that you may be trying to make. Hence,there won't be need to re-explain the 1 cor 11 scripture or any other related scripture. By your deeds, we would have known your true stand on the matter (and the interpretation of the scripture)

We C1 (concervatives) and you C2 (liberals)

I must commend you at least for coming forth to say "I do not wear hat/cap..." because atleast now, we can seperate what you do from what you teach unlike my other brothers (obadiah, deebrain, joagbaje, jezuspoa, bidam). I have not gotten the position of brother frosbel on this issue and I know he is still active on nairaland as seen on other threads.

I do not wear hat/cap but if I do, it won't mean a sin nor anything against scriptures.

If it is right not to wear a cap/hat and wrong to wear it, then it would be a sin (it may not be a sin leading to death). If you agree with the fact that all unrighteousness is sin and it surely would be against the scriptures.

It is not a law as the church or the Apostles DO NOT HAVE SUCH TRADITIONS (1 Cor. 11:16).
The above statement sir justifies both C1 and C2 so you have no special claim to it until preceeding verses have been cleared out.

Since it is obtainable in C2 that in every of your gathering "Some women wear scarf and some don't", I was expecting the same to hold for the men too---that in every of your gathering "some men wear hat/cap and some don't" but it seem not so (if it is so,please correct me)

A direct answer to your question as pasted above is YES!, a woman should put scarf on (as you and see evidently in all the C1 churches around you.)

Now, you may also wish to follow my example and answer these questions again.

1) Do all women in your church have scarfs/veils/hat on all through your worship service in your church? By that i mean is it an obtainable general standard in your church?

2) Do all men in your church have hat/cap on all through your worship service in your church? By that i mean is it an obtainable general standard in your church?

3) Do you, Bro Goshen (as a man) always have hat/cap on all through your worship service in your church."

** If your answer to question 3 is NO, please answer question 3b**

3b) Do you sometimes have cap/hat on during and all through the worship service in your church--maybe by a reason of the attire you have on.

Sir, please, try giving direct answers and don't bother explaining what the scripture says anymore--that is what we are trying to establish (by what we both practice not what we say the scripture says)

Thanks.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
anukulapo:

A direct answer to your question as pasted above is [size=20pt]YES![/size], a woman should put scarf on (as you and see evidently in all the C1 churches around you.)

Is this your FINAL ANSWER or you want to call a friend (In this case, your friend Image123 but we are all friends, brothers and sisters in Christ anyway but Image123 knows I'm never afraid calling his I.D anytime, even bold it, that's the reason I'm being specific about your friend in this case... cheesy); you want to ask the audience; you want to use the lifelines or you want to use your 50/50 chance which is still available for you to re-think your answer. FINAL ANSWER or you want do any of the above

I will attend the rest of your questions after you make your choice on the above.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
Dear Bro Goshen,
I hope i am quoting you right. if yes, Please allow me to answer you in your way of response from this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1155998/restitution-christs-teaching-church-old/2

Answer the question I asked you and stop being sentimental playing pranks about the issue.

Regards.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Image123(m): 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
hahahahaha oya goshen wear those pants now. it's one thing to be caught pants down, it's another thing to stay pants down. You're getting old, lolololol. And don't call my name any kain how, you hear my friend.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Image123: hahahahaha oya goshen wear those pants now. it's one thing to be caught pants down, it's another thing to stay pants down. You're getting old, lolololol. And don't call my name any kain how, you hear my friend.

Okay, me pants dey down shey....so what? You wan look ni..... shocked. There's nothing down in my pants bro. You and anukulapo are on the same page that's why you're both acting up. I don't have problem with that - at least we are in fellowship with one another.

anukulapo: Dear Bro Goshen,
I hope i am quoting you right. if yes, Please allow me to answer you in your way of response from this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1155998/restitution-christs-teaching-church-old/2

Answer the question I asked you and stop being sentimental playing pranks about the issue.

Regards.

I don't understand pranks playing here as there is none. You have answered my question BUT I'm giving you a second chance to CONFIRM your answers before I say what I want to say, that's all and I advised if you wish to call your friend for help to confirm your answers or use other available options. That isn't pranks playing, just say if that's your final answer to my question in which you said a woman still have to wear or put on scarf or not to cover her hair. That's all.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 11:07am On Jan 15, 2013
Maintain the honour you have on NL sir. I think you should just go ahead and answer the question. I am sure many people are waiting on you so as to learn as usual.
If you continue with this beating around the bush approach, then I cannot but agree with image that you are loosing form.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by AugustRush1: 11:44am On Jan 15, 2013
anukulapo: Maintain the honour you have on NL sir. I think you should just go ahead and answer the question. I am sure many people are waiting on you so as to learn as usual.
If you continue with this beating around the bush approach, then I cannot but agree with image that you are loosing form.
Ok now what's the essence of this thread? In my opinion I sense you are a Christian wwith pride and you also feel you know too much. Do better things with your time,ok? Go and win souls. Why don't you talk about the love of Christ, how God so loved the world that He sent Him to die for sinners for us all. What's the essence of this thread anyway. You are just too religious. You just want to gain an upper hand.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
August_Rush :

Ok now what's the essence of this thread? In my opinion I sense you are a Christian wwith pride and you also feel you know too much. Do better things with your time,ok? Go and win souls. Why don't you talk about the love of Christ, how God so loved the world that He sent Him to die for sinners for us all. What's the essence of this thread anyway. You are just too religious. You just want to gain an upper hand.

First, I thank you for such wise words.

Second, as much as I see some good points you have said, let us also take as we are trashing out some issues of our faith perhaps we can expose somethings hidden.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Proof Of Evolution: Early Human Fossils / Do You Know There Is No Single Evidence For Creation? / Speaking In Tongues: Is It Real Language Or Garrulous Babble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.