Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? (16458 Views)

Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / Igbo: A Tribe Or A Nation? / Do African Americans Have A Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
[quote author=KidStranglehold]

Bantu is JUST a language group. Just like Afro-Asiatic is just a language group. Bantu speakers are diverse just like Afro-Asiatic speakers.

Some 'Bantu' people look like this:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-a2ifEXP9hao/URBehBcKWBI/AAAAAAAAAmc/v44gop4qYqU/s1600/kagame.jpg[/img]

While some Afro-Asiatic speakers could look like this:

The 1st pic is President of Rwanda, Mr. Kgame. He might be a Bantu speaker but ethnically he is Tutsi, more closely related to the pastoral Nilotes. You are right when you say that it is wrong to base everything on language, however in Africa, it so happens that in most cases, the people who speak langauges of the same family are from closer related ethnic groups.

But...There is no evidence that E1b1a has mutated.

but there are certainly many other genetic markers other than E1b1a right?
isnt the phenotype also a result of the genotype? how else do you explain the differences, apart from external factors?

as for the E1b1a it has mutated which is why there are so many varied sub-haplogroups.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Bantu are both....
My 2 kobos I'm out...
Tho pagan keep giving me long notifications grin
Lol

sorry bro. I know its annoying. Just imagine , I keep receiving useless notifications from that Onila. tongue
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

sorry bro. I know its annoying. Just imagine , I keep receiving useless notifications from that Onila. tongue

It is all right bro, I enjoy reading you...tho this topic doesn't interest me that much.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

It is all right bro, I enjoy reading you...tho this topic doesn't interest me that much.

it doesnt interest me as well. just putting forth some points of note.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Ok i get you know. I realised you are not 1 of those "black-centric" Afro-Centric racists.

No I just try to back up my claims with facts. My whole argument was never meant to claim the Ancient Egyptians or say they are black...My point was that they indigenous Africans no different from their neighboring Africans like Nile Saharan speakers and Afro-Asiatic speakers. Trust me I have debated with Afrocentrics like Clyde Winters, when he was claiming the Ancient Chinese were black. When I say genetically African, it does not MEAN I am saying they are black. 'Black' is just a made up social term. Look there are people of SouthEast Asian called the Negritos who look no different than your stereotypical African, yet they carry no African genes at all. This is why I said we DO NOT use terms such as black or Negroid when addressing genetics. Because its flawed. Skin color is color. Fulani peopke are genetically African yet I heard many of their African neighbors consider them white. S.O.Y. Keita touches base on what I am saying and about African diversity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4sbLY6rxxg&list=FLOi5yL1B9aLEWSTjyIwcWLw

PAGAN 9JA:

I confused you with that racist Solloqyofchaos.

i just checked your previous posts and its seems you did try to avoid the issue of skin-colour.

I agree with you on the climate and environment bit.
Correct I did. I only said "Would the Ancient Egyptians be considered black by todays standard?" Which was me just speculating. Yes environment does play an effect, Notice how people of the temperate zone are usually lighter toned like the Khosian people. Africa is the only continent which has two temperate zones.

PAGAN 9JA:

Why I brought up Chimpanzees is that, these Genetic markers, E1B1 are like parent markers. Over time, they get more complex and mutate as populations naturally isolate to form newer Ethnic Groups, which is what happened in Africa and the world over.

All Im saying is that, using this marker as proof if no way of justifying the clubbing together of diverse Tribal and Ethnic Groups of Africa Together. We have become separate distinct groups , with different characteristcs and mentality. ad this must be respected.

I hate it when AAs come here and try to club us all together as African, and using this single markers is just not justified.

ok I checked out Queen Qahalta, her mode of dress might be borrowed since they happened to rule the entire Nile. Yes that confirms the cross-cultural exchange.

I was just pointing out that King Ramses III carried an African clade. I agree that some Africans split a part and some Africans are more related to others compared to others. But all Africans(minus the non indigenous Africans) are all binded together via pn2clade and all Africans have a more recent ancestor.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
^ Correct. well and good.

Its not as recent as you talk but otherwise you are on point.

I apologise for the insults.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^ Correct. well and good.

Its not as recent as you talk but otherwise you are on point.

I apologise for the insults.

No problem. smiley

I was being a dickhead too.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 1:08am On Apr 20, 2013
afro asiatic is a language

jews and arabs speak afroasiatic language
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 20, 2013
somalia9: afro asiatic is a language

jews and arabs speak afroasiatic language

You you please post the most deadliest and successful Somali warriors in this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1263616/deadliest-black-african-warriors

Thanks. smiley
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 1:16am On Apr 20, 2013
KidStranglehold:

You you please post the most deadliest and successful Somali warriors in this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1263616/deadliest-black-african-warriors

Thanks. smiley

change the thread to african warriors and take out black
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 20, 2013
somalia9:

change the thread to african warriors and take out black

I put 'African/Black'...
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 1:28am On Apr 20, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I put 'African/Black'...

ok
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 2:19am On Apr 20, 2013
You are truly amazing kidstranglehold. Alot of the arguments you made are very similiar to what i would have said. You even managed to calm both the raging pagan and the somalian dunce down. Truly remarkable feat.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 2:23am On Apr 20, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: You are truly amazing kidstranglehold. Alot of the arguments you made are very similiar to what i would have said. You even managed to calm both the raging pagan and the somalian dunce down. Truly remarkable feat.

why are u talking to urself? i know this is ur other username...i saw it when u were complaining to the mods that your post was hidden

also its SOMALI not somalian.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 2:27am On Apr 20, 2013
You lack basic reading comprehension if you did not notice that I had used kidstranglehold's name in my post. If you did not know, I will educate you. When you put someone's name in your post, it means that you are addressing them either directly or indirectly. Specifically the context I used, which stated "you are truly amazing" provided more than enough for even the most simple minded person to comprehend that I was speaking to him. Do you now understand? I am not frustrated with you, it just seems that you need education. Do not feel bad.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 20, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: You are truly amazing kidstranglehold. Alot of the arguments you made are very similiar to what i would have said. You even managed to calm both the raging pagan and the somalian dunce down. Truly remarkable feat.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 3:01am On Apr 20, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Thanks. smiley

dude everyone knows ur talking to urself
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 20, 2013
somalia9:

dude everyone knows ur talking to urself

Not really.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 3:20am On Apr 20, 2013
I thought you were being kiddish and said it like "stop talking to yourself". But you actually meant me and kid are the same person? How embarrassing for you
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by member3(m): 2:31am On Sep 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

please SHUT UP and dont talk like a st.upid MUMU.

THERE IS ARAB BLOOD. THe Pure Arabs are Todays Bedu Tribal Arabs, mostly found in Central, Eastern , Southern Saudi Arabia, The Persian Gulf Arab States, and Yemen/Oman.

These are PURE ARABS and belong to different tribes like Shammar, Mutair, Bani Yas, Otaibah, Al Bu Shams, Rashidi, Banu Yam, Saar, Himyar,Bani Rifaeen (Yafa), Bani Kaab, Harith, etc.

Rashidi Tribesman

Tribesmen from Asir

[img]http://multimedia.thenational.ae/ssp_director/p.php?a=KyEhIyE7IShaWCU5PSopJT56YW4%2FJDoqOSQzICA9JCInJSM8NyIkOCkmKT0lID05PyAiJyQ9NQ%3D%3D&m=1362126178[/img]
members of the Bani Yas Tribal Confderation

Omani Tribesmen, possibly from the Duru Tribe.

Rashaida Tribe

fake africans
[img] http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/04/11/world/11saudi.xlarge1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://mgpscrazyschoolinagoodway.files./2013/02/bushman.jpg[/img]

Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by jantavanta(m): 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
There was no Arab 2,000 years ago. Arabic & Hebrew are dialects of Ancient Egyptian. Arabic script is evolved Ancient Egyptian Demotic script.

The White Arabs are actually Turkish people who expanded during the years of Turkish Ottoman Empire.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
^we are not talking of the levants a.k.a 'white blue eyed arabs'. The pure Arabs lie in the Gulf states stretching down to Yemen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija History / Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! / Yoruba People And insults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.