Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,974 members, 7,799,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? (4101 Views)

Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag / Catholic Church Blasts Lagos Lawmakers Over Cremation Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
girl king:
Do you not understand that scripture? 'unto earth thou shalt return'. No conditions, no exceptions. Every one must return to earth. Every man Christain, pagan or atheist. And as u know every one is buried. Right? So it therefore means he is talking about burials! Somebori punch this guy !!!
Returning to earth there is symbolic. Just like when the bible mentioned a land flowing with milk and honey didn't mean the rivers were made of milk and the fountains of honey .
Guy It dosen't matter if u have your corpse dissolved in acid! U are S̤̥̈̊†̥̥ȋ̝̊̅̄ℓℓ dead and have "returned to the earth". Chikena

Man was formed from the earth and earth shall man returns, it's literal nothing symbolic there!
Cremation is a pagan act of burying the dead, it cant be supported by the Scripture.
The Old Testament has a few references to the disposal by burning in fire.
Some verses describe executions by Philistines or Babylonians. Burning of bodies and objects in ancient Israel were mostly reserved for idols, criminals or enemies:

Genesis 38:24: Judah initially ordered his pregnant daughter-in-law to be burned to death because she was guilty of prostitution. This action would have caused the death of the woman and her twin fetuses.

Leviticus 20:14: If a man marries both a woman and her mother, then all three "must be burned in the fire".

The passage is ambiguous: it is not known whether they would be stoned to death first, and their bodies burned later.

Leviticus 21:9: If the daughter of a priest becomes a prostitute, then she "must be burned in the fire."

Numbers 16:35: God exterminated Korah and 250 Israelite men with fire because they opposed Moses.

Judges 15:6: The Philistines burned Samson's wife and father-in-law to death.

In the book of Amos 2, God proclaimed a death curse on Moab because he had reduced the bones of the king of Edom to lime through burning.

Amos 2:1 This is what the LORD says: "For three sins of Moab, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath]. Because he burned, as if to lime, the bones of Edom's king,

We read in the bible that Righteous figures were buried. I will produce scriptures as soon as i can.
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville: I withnessed a friend Husband burial, The man was an athiest, He was sick for many years before He finally gave up.
When He died, His family and wife took His body to the Cathedral for prayers before cremation.
The dead man gave the instruction that His body should be burn.

My surprise is, i didn't know the Church does accept praying for dead atheists, and even doing the cremation too. shocked shocked

Its my first time to see such in the church. So please, if you have anything to share on this, kindly do.
Thank you.

what do you think is wrong with that?

If you put the body in the ground it will still rut to dust but will occupy space for a reasonable period of time, if you burn it it will not occupy space and turn to dust instantly, which is batter?

Ok, i may consent that we will miss the oil that will have form fossil fuel thats all.

aside that what else?
cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville:

Yes no salvation after death so why should the church bury an athiest body? The wife is not even a memeber of that church, she is not a serious believer
She doesn't go to church, but she will tell you she believe in God, case close ... grin grin grin

maybe the pay was good.
You know this experience business centers they can smell a good money from miles away.
cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville:

The earth no complain for you na plenty of space dey boku!!

Genesis 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being

Dust shall we return... grin grin grin

minus the burnt up fossil fuel what else do you really think will me lost by cremation?
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: then again I don't know where cremation comes from...and in the bible we hear a lot about the tombs that will give out the dead wen Jesus Christ comes back so ummmmm!

Changed ma mind I wanna be buried still ME.

where was Adam befor he was brought to life?

What will God take from your remains to enable him create you back?

Why will God need your rotten out none existing dust to be able to bring you back?

Are you bigger then the planet earth that he brought out from nothing?

Ye of little faith.

I thought "with God nothing is impossible"

cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville:

Ah ok, These churches accept burial in such manner not minding if the deceased was a believer or not. This is strange! shocked

I saw a passage in the OT, it made me believe that the cremation method will not please God.This passgae made it plain that God intended for dead bodies to be buried.
I think the cremation of the bodies of the dead is contradictory to that which was established in the Church from the very beginning.

The burial of the dead should be based on Scripture, due to the belief that the death of a man is a fulfillment of the judgment passed by God onto (Adam):

"Earth thou art, and unto earth thou shalt return" (Genesis 3:19).

is that ^^^ all?

Will the dust hang on the air?

cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2013
girl king:
Are u kidding me? shocked like seriously? Dis answer is soooooo silly. So what about the people that died in plane crashes? They aren't retuning to the dust? " so what if I asked for ℳα ashes to be scatterd on the ground, does that now qualify as "returning to the dust" do u really think God cares how your corpse is buried? Do u? shocked God didn't even say u should "Bury" ur corpse, its just you reading meanings into a simple statement!

Religion has controled ur life from when u were little till your death. And yet, you will S̤̥̈̊†̥̥ȋ̝̊̅̄ℓℓ have it enslave your remains. Sad. Very very sad cry

according to my sis Plappvile, those "righteouse" that die in plane crash will not be resurrected.

cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
braine:

The place where bodies were cremated then was known has Gehenna, aka hell.

This is what I could find online:

Gehenna (Greek γέεννα), Gehinnom (Rabbinical Hebrew: גהנום/גהנם ) and Yiddish Gehinnam, are terms derived from a place outside ancient Jerusalem known in the Hebrew Bible as the Valley of the Son of Hinnom; one of the two principal valleys surrounding the Old City.

In the Hebrew Bible, the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6).

In both Jewish and Christian writing, Gehenna was a destination of the wicked. This is different from the more neutral Sheol/Hades, the abode of the dead, though the King James version of the Bible traditionally translates both with the Anglo-Saxon word Hell.

A tradition commonly reported in older Christian commentaries that in Roman times fires were kept burning and the valley became the garbage dump of the city, where the dead bodies of criminals, and the carcasses of animals were thrown.

You can find more on Wikipedia if you're interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

those things you just said are not correct, try again. Good effort though.
Thank you.
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville:

The people that died sudden/unexpected death did not seek to die in such manner, But the victim here told His family to burn him and add His ashes to His parents own.
Its two different cases, What you want is different from what came unexpectedly.

"Earth thou art, and unto earth thou shalt return" (Genesis 3:19)

what difference does it make?

Are we the once that tell God to resurrect us or not to resurrect us?

So, what with the telling or not telling?
cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
girl king:
Do you not understand that scripture? 'unto earth thou shalt return'. No conditions, no exceptions. Every one must return to earth. Every man Christain, pagan or atheist. And as u know every one is buried. Right? So it therefore means he is talking about burials! Somebori punch this guy !!!
Returning to earth there is symbolic. Just like when the bible mentioned a land flowing with milk and honey didn't mean the rivers were made of milk and the fountains of honey .
Guy It dosen't matter if u have your corpse dissolved in acid! U are S̤̥̈̊†̥̥ȋ̝̊̅̄ℓℓ dead and have "returned to the earth". Chikena

yea! You are right, to some people, if a righteouse man is dissolved in acid he will not resurrect again

Plappvile over to you.

cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville:

2 Chronicles 28:3 He burned sacrifices in the Valley of Ben Hinnom and sacrificed his sons in the fire, following the detestable ways of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites.

The Scriptures are not really talking about burning of the dead body (Cremation). The burning they did was different from the thread.
They did sacrificed thier Children to a god. This provoked the anger of Yahweh.

It shows "cremation of this type" will never be a thing pleasant to God. I do not think any true Christian will do such!

2and go out to the Valley of Ben Hinnom, near the entrance of the Potsherd Gate. There proclaim the words I tell you, 3and say, ‘Hear the word of the Lord, O kings of Judah and people of Jerusalem. This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Listen! I am going to bring a disaster on this place that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle. 4For they have forsaken me and made this a place of foreign gods; they have burned sacrifices in it to gods that neither they nor their fathers nor the kings of Judah ever knew, and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent. 5They have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as offerings to Baal—something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind. 6So beware, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when people will no longer call this place Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter.

Judge Plappvile, please dont sentence me yet.

That place was talking about life persons being thrown into that valley of hinnom for sacrificing reasons.

And later it was used as refused dump.

Later dead bodies were wested there.

"For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the LORD: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it, and they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart." (Jeremiah 7:30,31)
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville:

Man was formed from the earth and earth shall man returns, it's literal nothing symbolic there!
Cremation is a pagan act of burying the dead, it cant be supported by the Scripture.
Some verses describe executions by Philistines or Babylonians. Burning of bodies and objects in ancient Israel were mostly reserved for idols, criminals or enemies:

Genesis 38:24: Judah initially ordered his pregnant daughter-in-law to be burned to death because she was guilty of prostitution. This action would have caused the death of the woman and her twin fetuses.

Leviticus 20:14: If a man marries both a woman and her mother, then all three "must be burned in the fire".

The passage is ambiguous: it is not known whether they would be stoned to death first, and their bodies burned later.

Leviticus 21:9: If the daughter of a priest becomes a prostitute, then she "must be burned in the fire."

Numbers 16:35: God exterminated Korah and 250 Israelite men with fire because they opposed Moses.

In the book of Amos 2, God proclaimed a death curse on Moab because he had reduced the bones of the king of Edom to lime through burning.

Amos 2:1 This is what the LORD says: "For three sins of Moab, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath]. Because he burned, as if to lime, the bones of Edom's king,

did those scriptures say that the dust/ashes of the burnt is not going to the ground?

Infact how do you prevent their ashes from going to the ground if i may ask?

Even if it is acid will the acid not be poured to the ground?

Ok, lets say or assumed that if somebody does not get to the ground he will not be resurrected and there was a desolveed body in an acid Jar and God wish to resurrect that person, cant God break the jar?

Just asking though.
cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
truthislight:

where was Adam befor he was brought to life?

What will God take from your remains to enable him create you back?

Why will God need your rotten out none existing dust to be able to bring you back?

Are you bigger then the planet earth that he brought out from nothing?

Ye of little faith.

I thought "with God nothing is impossible"

cool
ur being judgemental
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
lol, ma sis pp.

Dont mind me o.

I really am considering it.
Cremation i mean.

If you still think i should not let me know..

But really the dead are uncontiouse of nothing the bible says.

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten, also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 9:6).

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10)

Seriously i dont mind being cremated.

Why do you think i should not?
Peace
cool
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
truthislight:

did those scriptures say that the dust/ashes of the burnt is not going to the ground?

Infact how do you prevent their ashes from going to the ground if i may ask?

Even if it is acid will the acid not be poured to the ground?

Ok, lets say or assumed that if somebody does not get to the ground he will not be resurrected and there was a desolveed body in an acid Jar and God wish to resurrect that person, cant God break the jar?

Just asking though.
cool

I no fit answer your questions oooo, maybe we fit check the scripture to know how righteous figures are buried... grin
Genesis 25:8-10 :Abraham
Genesis 23: 1-4: Sarah
Genesis 35:19-20: Rachel
Genesis 35:29: Isaac,
Genesis 49:33 and 50:1-13: Jacob
Genesis 50:26: Joseph (The Israelites went to great effort to bury his body in the Promised Land; they retained it for over 300 years in Egypt and after the Exodus during 40 years of wanderings before burying it.)

8 Then Abraham breathed his last and died at a good old age, an old man and full of years; and he was gathered to his people. 9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite, 10 the field Abraham had bought from the Hittites. There Abraham was buried with his wife Sarah

I tought we are to follow these people? anyway, will get back when am less busy... cheesy
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
truthislight: lol, ma sis pp.

Dont mind me o.

I really am considering it.
Cremation i mean.

If you still think i should not let me know..

But really the dead are uncontiouse of nothing the bible says.

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten, also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 9:6).

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10)

Seriously i dont mind being cemented.

Why do you think i should not?
Peace
cool

Don't tell me you are? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by girlking(f): 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
plappville:

We read in the bible that Righteous figures were buried. I will produce scriptures as soon as i can.
Nothing in any of this scriptures you quoted states that they were already dead before they were burned. It talks about burning a living person(in my opinion) Do u need your bible to tell you that it is wrong to burn a living person to ashes?

Give me a scripture that clearly says(implidely or explicitly) burning a dead body is wrong. Then we can analyse it. But please give me a clear scriptre not an ambiguous one. We are trying to explan a scripture with ambiguous meanings("returning to the dust"wink you are doing us no gσσδ by quoting more ambiquous scriptures

1 Like

Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 10:37am On Jan 17, 2013
plappville:

I no fit answer your questions oooo, maybe we fit check the scripture to know how righteous figures are buried... grin
Genesis 25:8-10 :Abraham
Genesis 23: 1-4: Sarah
Genesis 35:19-20: Rachel
Genesis 35:29: Isaac,
Genesis 49:33 and 50:1-13: Jacob
Genesis 50:26: Joseph (The Israelites went to great effort to bury his body in the Promised Land; they retained it for over 300 years in Egypt and after the Exodus during 40 years of wanderings before burying it.)

8 Then Abraham breathed his last and died at a good old age, an old man and full of years; and he was gathered to his people. 9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite, 10 the field Abraham had bought from the Hittites. There Abraham was buried with his wife Sarah

I tought we are to follow these people? anyway, will get back when am less busy... cheesy

the Jews attached too much importance to burial, when one of his apostles requested to go bury his father, but christ told him let the dead bury their dead.

Showing that what you pointed out has less significance.

Can you shade more light on what christ meant when he said "let the dead bury their dead"?

1 Like

Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 10:38am On Jan 17, 2013
plappville:

Don't tell me you are? shocked shocked shocked

why not?
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by Zikkyy(m): 10:50am On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:
If you put the body in the ground it will still rut to dust but will occupy space for a reasonable period of time, if you burn it it will not occupy space and turn to dust instantly, which is batter?

Ok, i may consent that we will miss the oil that will have form fossil fuel thats all.

Lol! grin

truthislight: lol, ma sis pp.
Seriously i dont mind being cemented.

cemented ke shocked
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by truthislight: 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

Lol! grin

cemented ke shocked

ma bros, my hand held device if i type and post and did not cross checked, sometimes, since it is on dictionary word support it changes it to some other words for me o!

You should know i meant cremated. Lol at cemented.
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by Zikkyy(m): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

ma bros, my hand held device if i type and post and did not cross checked, sometimes, since it is on dictionary word support it changes it to some other words for me o!

You should know i meant cremated. Lol at cemented.

You better disposed off that your device, i think it's possessed (demonic spirit grin). Anyways i knew you meant cremated. needed a good laugh grin if you do prefer 'cemented', i have friends at Dangote cement. As your good friend, i go supply the required quantity of cement for free grin
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
plappville:

Ah ok, These churches accept burial in such manner not minding if the deceased was a believer or not. This is strange! shocked

I saw a passage in the OT, it made me believe that the cremation method will not please God.This passgae made it plain that God intended for dead bodies to be buried.
I think the cremation of the bodies of the dead is contradictory to that which was established in the Church from the very beginning.

The burial of the dead should be based on Scripture, due to the belief that the death of a man is a fulfillment of the judgment passed by God onto (Adam):

just a point or two, catholics do not bury or cremate non believers and in early xtian history d xtians forbade cremation becos it was used by does wu said "there was no resurrection of d dead". In recent times those law were turned, though burial is stil d preferable xtian practice, any xtian wu wishes to be cremated may do so inasmuch as he fully believes in d resurrection of d dead. At least from d perspective of a catholic.
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
plappville:

just a point or two, catholics do not bury or cremate non believers and in early xtian history d xtians forbade cremation becos it was used by does wu said "there was no resurrection of d dead". In recent times those law were turned, though burial is stil d preferable xtian practice, any xtian wu wishes to be cremated may do so inasmuch as he fully believes in d resurrection of d dead. At least from d perspective of a catholic.
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

what do you think is wrong with that?

aside that what else?
cool

Put to the ground is better, and idea... grin And I don't dream of doing cremation, i will follow the way Gods servants were buried.
I have not concluded it is wrong, i am just saying that, if Gods prophets were not burn and if we truely claim to follow thier method, then we should not indulge in Cremation, That's all. But everyone has a choice so i cannot condemn it. It was strange for me to withnessed such live.
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

maybe the pay was good.
You know this experience business centers they can smell a good money from miles away.
cool

Funny, i don't think they did that for money!
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

what difference does it make?

Are we the once that tell God to resurrect us or not to resurrect us?

So, what with the telling or not telling?
cool

You don start ooo..//..// well, i go take am easy with you.......but i stand my point hahahah.. grin grin
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

yea! You are right, to some people, if a righteouse man is dissolved in acid he will not resurrect again

Plappvile over to you.

cool

That was not even my point for this thread, i was talking of the method of the Bible, i didn't thought of resurrection on this matter honestly...You are the one pointing it out hahaha.. grin
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

Judge Plappvile, please dont sentence me yet.

That place was talking about life persons being thrown into that valley of hinnom for sacrificing reasons.

And later it was used as refused dump.

Later dead bodies were wested there.

"For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the LORD: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it, and they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart." (Jeremiah 7:30,31)

This was not for you na..abi you don dey join Buzugee dey take that Him drug??hahahaha
It was for @braine: Scroll back again... grin
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
girl king:
Nothing in any of this scriptures you quoted states that they were already dead before they were burned. It talks about burning a living person(in my opinion) Do u need your bible to tell you that it is wrong to burn a living person to ashes?

Give me a scripture that clearly says(implidely or explicitly) burning a dead body is wrong. Then we can analyse it. But please give me a clear scriptre not an ambiguous one. We are trying to explan a scripture with ambiguous meanings("returning to the dust"wink you are doing us no gσσδ by quoting more ambiquous scriptures

These Scripture were not to prove dead bodies were buried, it was to prove that burning of human. You should look at it again.

plappville:

[size=14pt]The Old Testament has a few references to the disposal by burning in fire.
Some verses describe executions by Philistines or Babylonians. Burning of bodies and objects in ancient Israel were mostly reserved for idols, criminals or enemies:[/size]

I don't think there is such scripture, if i already know it is scriptural to do cremation, i wouldn't creat this thread by asking ppl opinion of others.
But i will try and fine some info on this.
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

the Jews attached too much importance to burial, when one of his apostles requested to go bury his father, but christ told him let the dead bury their dead.

Showing that what you pointed out has less significance.

Can you shade more light on what christ meant when he said "let the dead bury their dead"?

It may be less significant, i think you are one that also follow Biblical example, but i can see it is only for certain matter. As for your question.
I think what Jesus meant was that, let people who are not interested in My work, and who are “dead in sin” bury (take care) of the dead.
Your duty is now to follow Me. I believe/understand that Jesus is to come first in any situation we are facing.
Re: Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? by plappville(f): 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

why not?

Bro..its a thing of chioce to you, i am not to judge you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African / The Holy Quran Converted Me (an Imam) To A Christian. / Is Eternal Security Biblical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.