Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing (16189 Views)

Photos Of Super Eagles Players Training Ahead Of Match Against Egypt On Tuesday / Super Eagles On A Team Walk In Swaziland Ahead Of Match Today (Photos) / Super Eagles Players Train In Port-Harcourt Ahead Of Match Against Niger (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by midetinz(m): 8:58am On Jan 06, 2013
FIFA Accuses Nigeria Of Match-Fixing •We Are Unaware —NFF

The Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) says it believes 2010 World Cup warm-up match between Nigeria and North Korea in June 2010 could have been pre-arranged.

The match was played on June 6 at the Makhulong Stadium in Tembisa, outside Johannesburg, and Nigeria won the game 3-1.

In a report on behalf of FIFA security team, Terry Steans alleged that the match officials led by Niger referee Ibrahim Chaibou were chosen by convicted Singaporean match-fixer Wilson Perumal and his Football 4U organisation.

Perumal is believed by both FIFA and Interpol of fixing matches in several countries, standing to make hundreds of thousands of dollars in illegal profits.

The match-fixing report, which was handed to South Africa Football Association (SAFA), said the Niger referee gave a harsh penalty against North Korea even when it seemed that the Korean defender did not commit an offence.

Obinna Nsofor stepped forward to score the resulting penalty in the 62nd minute and double the Eagles’ lead after Yakubu Aiyegbeni had put Nigeria in front.

Interestingly, Chaibou was also at the centre in another Eagles’ friendly which has also been listed by FIFA as “suspicious.”

Nigeria beat Argentina 4-1 in June 2011 in Abuja with several questionable calls by the Niger referee.

However, spokesman for the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Ademola Olajire, told MTNFootball.com they are unaware of this allegation and have yet to be communicated on it.

“We have not been communicated by FIFA on such, so until we get that, we cannot comment about any allegations,” Olajire said.

In South Africa, the South Africa Football Association (SAFA) leadership led by president Kirsten Nematandani has been reinstated while a probe into match-fixing allegations continues.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/sports/item/2481-fifa-accuses-nigeria-of-match-fixing-%E2%80%A2we-are-unaware-%E2%80%94nff
Source: (http:///Us16jc)
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Emokatic: 9:55am On Jan 06, 2013
Ok naa
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by seyiaro1: 9:56am On Jan 06, 2013
Naija for match fixing.... Fifa na wah for una o
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by lat4real: 9:57am On Jan 06, 2013
Joke of the century....Fourth
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by strangest(m): 9:57am On Jan 06, 2013
since 2010?? and you guys just noticed in 2013.. ok nah

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Parnassuss(m): 10:01am On Jan 06, 2013
I no believe. Especially that Argentina one, every Eyinmba for trash craze comot that squad way dem carry come
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Davijunson: 10:04am On Jan 06, 2013
Na wa o....so, Naija no fit win matches again abi?....sometimes i wonder wat d work of d so called FIFA is.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by NoContract(m): 10:06am On Jan 06, 2013
Before nko?

Abeg mama nkiruka serve me beans and pepper soup mixed with kunu. add two kpomo + kernel stew,and some spaghetti. Then add small dogoyaro. No time

*flushes it down with small stout then continues playing ludo*

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Gombs(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2013
FIFA no wise o!...if them dey find match fixing,make dem ask yakubu aiyegbeni against Greece abi na which country sef in d world cup n Sani Kaita for dat stupid act in d world cup

Also,mk dem ask Alex Ferguson n him Refs

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by NoContract(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2013
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Afam4eva(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2013
This may not be a lie because i wonder why Nigeria was not able to beat the same North Korea in the world cup proper.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Gombs(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2013
NoContract: Before nko?

Abeg mama nkiruka serve me beans and pepper soup mixed with kunu. add two kpomo + carnel stew,and some spaghetti. Then add small dogoyaro. No time

*flushes it down with small stout then continues playing ludo*

Behave urself na?...BTW Kernel not Carnel #No vex o
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by yyb14: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2013
This space is for sale
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Gombs(m): 10:11am On Jan 06, 2013
NoContract: *

Nxt time use d Modify button.

Tnx
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva: This may not be a lie because i wonder why Nigeria was not able to beat the same North Korea in the world cup proper.
hope no be back of tv you been watch o! grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by ROCKJ1(m): 10:20am On Jan 06, 2013
Match fixing... E no fit naija at all. If its corruption I for gree. But match fixing na lie.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Decapo: 10:21am On Jan 06, 2013
Are they just waking from thier slumber? Since 3 years ago
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by NoContract(m): 10:22am On Jan 06, 2013
Gombs:

Nxt time use d Modify button.

Tnx

Why your fixation on мє? Anyway I don change am.

Thank U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva: This may not be a lie because i wonder why Nigeria was not able to beat the same North Korea in the world cup proper.
na south korea we play at the world cup
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2013
careytommy:
hope no be back of tv you been watch o! grin
hahahahahahaha lol I think so, some piple no de check facts b4 posting
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Afam4eva(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2013
Ucheosefoh: na south korea we play at the world cup
ohhhh..my bad.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by jmoore(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2013
FIFA is to be blamed. International friendlies between countries must be monitored by FIFA. FIFA should be the only body to appoint referees for International friendlies.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Gombs(m): 10:33am On Jan 06, 2013
NoContract:

Why your fixation on мє? Anyway I don change am.

Thank U̶̲̥̅̊.

Sorry abt d seemingly Fixation thing....tnx for understanding tho
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by knockturnal(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2013
donigspain: Today is 6th and am also 6th on the row... It's gonna be a great year.

Or if you use ur 6th sense,u wud see u av been marked. SMH.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by midetinz(m): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2013
Sure it will be a great year! I made front page on my 8th post! I think it's a record on NL. No yab me ooooo
* smiling in spanish*
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 06, 2013

Bia afam kpachara anya gi there,u hear me so?which kind yeye statement be dat?are you not same person who wants to break world record in 100m..you de misfire for your posts when it comes to sports...from nigeria basketball olympic team,nigerias age group football,womens football,chelsea and now super eagles...
Guy stop commenting on sports.its your type that locks himself away in his room reading 24/7..even when nigeria is playing a very important match but will be the first to post analysis about bad officiating from the ref.

You are hereby banned from posting anything on sports esp.if nigeria is involved...pls try and comply with the above order.

Fifa is a huge joke..nig vs cameroun nations cup finals were also fixed..nig vs argentina from 94,2002,2010 were also fixed...

RRRUUUBBBBBBIIISSSHHHH.

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by lain: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2013
Fifa and their imperial mentality.. So because nigeria won n.korea and argentina its now match fixing ... Thats y it would take africa hundreds or thousands of years to win the world cup because these europe controlled fifa wont allow it happen

1 Like

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 06, 2013
Na wash .....no levo 4 fifa...because say naija win e dey pain dem...mehn dat na fool talk o
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by daryoor(m): 11:32am On Jan 06, 2013
compromised refree can never save congo from brazil, greece from spain. Any day that congo beats brazil just know that they had the will,resolve,luck....... Working for them that day.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by damoobaba: 11:42am On Jan 06, 2013
This topic is for sale

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Gernot Rohr Continue As Super Eagles Coach? / Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.