Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle (16819 Views)

Bale Allays Fears Over Ankle Injury / Arsenal Fans Have Faith! Super Eagles Did It After 19years! / Jack Wilshere Has Successful Surgery On Ankle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by eastaines(m): 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2008
Eduardo's gotten his ankle broken and is gon be down for baw a season or two. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

GRAPHIC!!!

Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by justkunmi(m): 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2008
Who the Bleep is this? Wat is this nonsense? Creating a thread to talk about a fucking injury! Is Eduardo dead?
Wait a minute. . . Do you know how many professional footballers are injured as we speak? Imagine wat would happen if a thread is opened for everyone of them!

Oh, so I shoulda opened a thread each for Neville, Silvestre, Park, Scholes, Saha, . . . So stupid.

Infact, i was starting to feel sorry for Arsenal for losing a player at this critical time, but this has totally taken the shine away from the whole injury issue.

Loyika, debo. Where at thou?
You have another one on rampage!
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by RDynamite(f): 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2008
This is not a common injury. http://youtube.com/watch?v=HbzAKOu3Wsw

I weep for the dude mehn! sad
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by T2(m): 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2008
justkunmi:

Oh, so I shoulda opened a thread each for Neville, Silvestre, Park, Scholes, Saha, . . . So stupid.

Dude, take a chill pill, this injury was a horrible one, his bone tore through the socks, did you see that? When was the last time Neville, Silvestre, park etc got injured, got oxygen, treated on the field for 7 + minutes and skysport refused to replay the injury?

Rora!
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by mystikal(m): 12:06am On Feb 25, 2008
@ justkunmi
maybe u need to see the incident again, then u'd understand tht such injury could mean the end of playing football. It was a shocking sight!
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by RDynamite(f): 1:57am On Feb 25, 2008
He has been advised not to ever play football. I heard it on CNN y/day.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by akinalabi(m): 2:05am On Feb 25, 2008
I'm with justkunmi on this one.

Alan Smith's injury at Anfield in the FA Cup was as
bad as this. Cisse's injury in a friendly for France was
not milder in anyway.

There was no "earthquake" then so I'm surprised
there is one now.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by debosky(m): 2:09am On Feb 25, 2008
There is no need for the thread I agree. . .but this CANNOT be compared to Cisse breaking his leg on his own. This was as a result of a violent tackle - part of the rubbish 'kick Arsenal so they can't play' mantra. It is not excusable in any shape or form, for such a tackle to be made. There is no need for the thread, but allow AFC fans to express their emotions in the way they deem fit.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by akinalabi(m): 2:13am On Feb 25, 2008
debosky:

It is not excusable in any shape or form, for such a tackle to be made.

Very true.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by DisGuy: 5:41am On Feb 25, 2008
If an arsenal player had made that tackle England will be in flames by now angry angry
i hope he recovers quick and plays football again
he should speak with J.Cisse;
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by eastaines(m): 7:06am On Feb 25, 2008
@ justkunmi   I think you are just being a d**k.Can't you see the dude's leg plus this thread is not for haterz.So you can piss the f**k off.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by odada(m): 8:15am On Feb 25, 2008
horrific stuff mate cry cry cry he only just turned 25! lets pray its not the end to a growing ,blossoming career? though i may agree on this thread being started but the very intent of the taclke and the injury sustained is worth talking about and disciplinary actions taken to avoid any such future occurence which is inevitable?so wheres the gist here

Get well soon Edwardo Da Silva . . .no sentiments(to all my[b] MANUTD [/b] faithfuls cool)
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by debosky(m): 11:28am On Feb 25, 2008
To all saying this injury was 'no different', expert opinion was that if not for prompt medical attention he could have LOST HIS FOOT! shocked angry

Now I don't remember there being many injuries in which players could lose a foot, just as your career is lifting off and a few hours shy of your 25th birthday. Our hearts go out to Dudu. . .maybe Taylor was not malicious, but this really hurts. cry
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by Chacal: 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Debosky,

I am pretty sure y'all GAYnners are going to blame Eduardo's injury for another TROPHYLESS season.
Martin Taylor had no intention of breaking Eduardo's leg . . . The tackle wasn't malicious.
It was just unfortunate Eduardo had to suffer the horrific injury but hey, thats football.

Djibril Cisse broke his shin without being kicked at all . . .
If a defender had touched Cisse that night, we would all have labelled him a murderer . . .DUDU could have broken his leg on his own too.
Cisse could have lost his foot too . . . .I can remember he had to thank the paramedics that attended to him for a doing a good job.

Taylor's tackle is not different from Owen's high kick on Vidic or Bendtner's stinker on a Tottenham player in January.
I dunno why Arsenal fans are screaming over this issue as if Eduardo died.
GAYnners should cowboy the Bleep UP and get on with it before they implode.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by tosinadeda: 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2008
Sum peeps are just fools!
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by chuckdee4(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2008
Chacal we're screaming becos it taylor was an Arsenal player we would never hear the last of it.
Fine we've got dirty tackler(s) in Eboue but at least he's never broken anyone's leg b4
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by Chacal: 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

Martin Taylor is not that kinda player.
His records have been checked and he doesn't do dirty tricks.
At least . . . .Taylor went for a genuine tackle. . . . How would u describe Gallas' tackle on Nani? MALICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by chuckdee4(m): 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2008
Malicious aint the word for Gallas's tackle, heck Nani would not have broken a single bone sweat from that tackle.
I would say it was more of fustration and yes the intent was there but it was nothing more than a heel clip, don't exaggerate it, it was still wrong all the same.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by Chacal: 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

Gallas kicked Nani on his blind side.
Nani didn't see the kick coming . . . It wasn't only a wicked act, it was cowardly.
In my opinion, Gallas was worse than Martin Taylor.

Martin Taylor's tackle was horrific but i have seen dirtier ones from Arsenal.
Have u forgotten Bendtner's horrendous tackle on Andy Johnson at Goodison park that led to his RED CARD?
Taylor's tackle shouldn't have been RED . . . It wasn't until the referee saw the extent of the damage that he showed Taylor the red card.

Arsenal fans should stop all these US against the world bullshit.
Your players are the dirtiest in the country . . . The game at OT was a testament to that theory.
Eboue, Gallas, Fabregas, Flamini and even Eduardo are all scumbags.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by chuckdee4(m): 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2008
Oh don't start that nonsense talk, no one has said that Arsenal players are saints, the intent wasn't there from taylor but u must admit that certain teams in the premiership with little or no skill set out to kick about skillful teams and players, heck u lot did it to Reyes, yes we got our own nasty players but for eff's sake let these northerners calm down, the intent wasn't there but the physicality is what caused the damage
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by Chacal: 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

This is ENGLISH FOOTBALL.
Fans wanna see crunchy tackles . . .they wanna see passion, they are paying to see such without malice and cruel intentions.
Just listen to the crowd when a player from the home team makes a crunchy tackle on his opponent . . . Its greeted with cheers and applause.
Thats the way things roll in this part of the world.

A commentator was saying he was shocked there was only one booking in the Manchester derby at Old Trafford. grin grin grin
What does that tell u? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
English fans love em tackles and foreigners have to live with that fact . . . This is not ballerina or salsa . . .this is war!!!!!!
Football is a contact sports but Arsenal players sometimes do theirs extremely . . . .Look at the way u lots jumped Van Nistelrooy at OT!!!
I feel sorry for DUDU . . .I'd have have preferred someone like Gallas, Eboue and Fab4 to be on that kinda receiving end. wink wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by chuckdee4(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2008
For sure what is football without the crunchy tackles, thats the way the game was meant to be played, what i'm going on about is bully boys in the game, the likes of Terry (go to the sky sports forum and see how much pple were happy Eboue put him to bed) n co, make a crunchy tackle if u must but these players should know where to draw the line before they end up amputating someone, the reason i am going on about this is cos i feel Arsenal have been on the recieving end of most of these cynical challenges, remember RVP's concusion at the hands of Blackburn or Diaby broken ankle.

There's a big difference between a player who makes a bad challenge every now and then (Taylor, Fab, Gallas) and a player who does it as often as he can (Savage, the entire Bolton team, the entire Blackburn team)

As for Ruud at OT, the cheat deserved what he got for conning the ref into sending Vieira off (those were not tackles by the way, just after match specials)
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by McOmo(m): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2008
always negative . . . thats what u are Mr Chacal  embarassed

show some respect, Eduardo might have played his last competive game for some time now, and u come ranting about how u would have liked it to have been someone else  undecided

for anyone that remembers how football lost Van Basten the then best striker on the planet . . U SURE WOULD AGREE WITH ME, ITS NOTHING TO CHEER ABOUT THAT EDUARDO GOT HACKED MERCILESSLY !!!  cry

FANS WANT TO SEE CRUNCHY TACKLES ABI ? NOT TO WORRY . . . THERE WILL BE A LOT TO CRY OR CHEER ABOUT AT OLD THRASHFORD   cool
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by Chacal: 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ MC Omo,

Who gives A FLYING Bleep if football lost the best striker on the planet to injury?
Blimey . . . .for every Van Basten that was lost, the planet produced Luiz Ronaldo, Ruud, Messi, Henry, Raul, Romario and Davor Suker!!!!!
Accident happens . . .  .I should stop boarding an airline because plane sometimes crash?  Are u this moronic?
Show some respect to Eduardo?  Is he dead?
Did any GAYnner show any respect to Smithy when he lost his ankle? What about Wazza when he broke his metatarsal?
Y'all gays are having a laugh!!!!!

@ Chuckdee4,

Ruud deserved to be jumped because he conned the Ref? Did u see Vieira's intention?
Vieira lashed out and Ruud jumped away out of his sharp reflexes and u gays think he conned the referee? Y'all GAYnners are pathetic!!!

Martin Taylor is not a bad player . . . . .He was just unlucky Eduardo was too quick for him.
I still don't believe he set out to break Eduardo's ankle in the 3rd minute.

Wenger is a Arrow for even suggesting the guy should be banned for life . . . .
I didn't hear the hypocritical gay make such suggestions when Eboue drop-kicked Evra at Old Trafford.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by McOmo(m): 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2008
is it only dead players that get to be respected ? shocked

Chacal, get off this weed naw ? grin

Eduardo was unlucky to have been hacked by UR SO-MUCH TOUTED GENTLEMAN MARTIN TAYLOR cool

who hacked Smith and Rooney undecided

even at that, no gunner came here shouting Halleluyah when that happened . . . . cool

when Solskajear retired, we gave him his due respect whereas some idiotic scummies said [i]HE WAS A WASTE AND THAT IT WAS TOO LONG IN COMIN[/i]G . . .have u forgotten so soon ? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by loyika(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2008
If Wenger is a Arrow, then your gaffer is a fool for reporting the case of a "Laser beam" being pointed at C Ronaldo (What utter stupidity), or for saying that Lille should be punished for protesting Ryan Gigg's free kick.

Wenger said something in the heat of the moment, and retracted it back, at least he was man enough about coming back to say he over reacted, WHEN LAST DID FERGIE COME BACK TO CORRECT HIMSELF

Stop being biased all the time mate embarassed

As for the tackle, bad as it was, THESE THINGS HAPPEN IN FOOTIE!! Kolo got injured blocking a shot Dida got injured on the flipping bench Owen got injured on his own

Tackles are part of the game, sometimes players ride them and dust themselves off, sometimes they don't. THATS THE ENGLISH GAME FOR YOU! undecided

If this was Spain, Taylor would have been banned for a long time, or if that tackle were on Rooney or C Ronaldo (Imagine the fit SAF would have thrown) or someone like Gerrard, the English media would have gone haywire.

But shyte happens, WE ALL WISH DUDU THE BEST!! Hope it doesn't affect him, as the mental scars will not be erased.

The team have to forget this and play on, hope RVP and Rozzi are back soonest, so we can win this trophy for DUDU!! cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by Chacal: 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ MC Omo,

Martin Taylor is a gentleman. . . . .He has no bad history.
If the culprit was Robbie Savage, Reo-Coker, Mikel Obi or Eboue then it would have been a different matter entirely.

U must be suffering from selective amnesia if u tell me GAYnners weren;t rejoicing when Wazza broke his metatarsal against Reading. . .
There was jubilation everywhere and many idiots even said United might relegate cos winning the community shield is a CURSE.

Solskjaer is a legend . . . . .Eduardo is no legend.
I feel sorry for him but RESPECT? U are taking the piss, mate!!!!

@ Loyika,

Stop spewing via ur ass.
Laser beam was flashed at Ronaldo's eyes when he was through on goal and he got distracted. . . .Is that fair-play?
Every manager will report that. . . . .Afterall, Wenger reported to the FA that United fans called him a French Pedo 2 seasons ago. grin grin grin

Ferguson does not need to retract his statements cos he uses his head when interviewed.
I didn't hear him say Eboue should be BANNED FOR LIFE for drop-kicking Patrice Evra. . . .
Wenger must learn to be a gentleman and keep an eye on his cock-sucking lips . . .This was the same manager that wanted to box Pardew. grin

Are u not surprised Wenger keeps producing thugs and hoodlumz?
Vieira, Eboue, Flamini, Fabregas, Lauren, Keown, etc. . . . They are all buncha street urchins.
72 RED CARDS under the French gaffer tells a lot about their disciplinary record. . . .
Can u explain Gallas' reaction on saturday? Kicking the advertising board and leaving stud marks.
For Bleep's sake. . . . .there were kids at St. Andrews on the day . . . When will the FA make an example of animals like BILLY THE KID?
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by loyika(m): 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2008
Gallas kicked an ad board, Cantona kung fu kicked a footie supporter

Rooney stamped on someones balls, Becks kicked out at an Argie at the WC (Nothing wrong with kicking the Argies though grin).

And i guess dirty players like Roy Keane, Paul Scholes and co, were also bred by Arsene

GO FIGURE!!

GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by Chacal: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Loyika,

U are getting it wrong. . . .

Gallas kicked Nani. . . . . .Eboue drop-kicked Evra. . . . .Eboue broke Terry's legs. . . . .Kolo Toure elbowed Shearer . . .Fab4 took out Ashley Cole's legs.
Wenger punched Pardew(pathetic)!!!!!!
72 RED CARDS UNDER ARSENE WENGER . . . . .Arsenal FC must be a dumpsite of KILLERS and MISCREANTS. grin grin
GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by U1(m): 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2008
Ewwwwww. Look at that! That must have been really painful I think. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by Paul7285(m): 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2008
You reckon? With an injury like that, Eduardo would be looking at 9 months out, easy.

Yes, it is a really nasty injury, never pleasant to watch (Djibril Cisse has had that done to both his legs while playing football - poor guy), and people are talking like it is the end of his career. I don't necessarily think this is the case. Those of you may know that Henrik Larsson had a similar break while playing for Celtic. Larson recovered, and incredibly, was playing again 6 months after the injury.
Re: Arsenal Fans: Eduardo's Broken Ankle by 4Him(m): 11:02pm On Feb 25, 2008
Crunchy tackles, English grit . . . no wonder the English never win anything. They'd rather break another's leg than play the football.

Is it any wonder that most of these horrific leg breaks occur in the British isles. you'd think the Italians and Spanish play with iron cast legs or maybe its because defenders there know that defending is not about trying to kick the opponent off the park.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Chelsea Manager Avram Grant Accused Of Sexual Harassment / UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw At 11am / 10 Barcelona Players Facing Drug Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.