Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:01 PM

Wedding Reception Order Of Programme - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding Reception Order Of Programme (74081 Views)

11-Year-Old Boy Maltreated By Stepmum: See The Highest Order Of Child Abuse / A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss / A Nairalander's Court Wedding Reception Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by FunkyDele: 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2008
please could you people suggest the best order of programme for a wedding reception? I would appreciate any contributions made, Thanks

1 Like

Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by adetunrayo(f): 4:10pm On May 22, 2008
Check the programme booklet you are given at weddings.You will find enough.
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by ayomifull(f): 7:35pm On May 22, 2008
Plus or minus as follows:

1. Guests are sitted

2. All kinds of food and drinks flowing around

3. The MC welcomes all and invites people to the high table

4. The bridal train dances to their sits while guests are on stand

5. MC invites someone for opening prayer

6. Chairman gives a word of advise to new couple, others

6. MC invites cake designer to talk about the making of the cake

7. Couple invited to cut the wedding cake and feed each other with it

8. Couples returns to their sits

9. MC invites Mr- I -know- it- all to tell guests how the couple met

10. Couple are invited to show their dancing steps and joined by others to (ops! no more spraying)

11. Gift are presented to the couple and received by the best man/lady

12. The new husband thanks all

13. Mc invites someone for closing prayer

14. The husband holds the wife by the hand and lead her not into temptation but into new life in their house lol

I think i miss something, i'll add it when i remember.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by coolier(f): 8:15pm On May 22, 2008
Funky-Dele:

please could you people suggest the best order of programme for a wedding reception? I would appreciate any contributions made, Thanks

Do I hear wedding bells?
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by banni: 8:52pm On May 22, 2008
ayomifull:

Plus or minus as follows:

6. MC invites cake designer to talk about the making of the cake

Tell me this is a joke?I have never seen this before.
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by enque(f): 8:11am On May 23, 2008
banni:

Tell me this is a joke?I have never seen this before.

its true o! av seen it in a coupl o' weddings av bn to.
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by liquid7: 11:49am On May 23, 2008
enque:

its true o! av seen it in a coupl o' weddings av bn to.

This is the kind of thing that has turned Nigerian weddings to nothing more then a circus to feed and get drunk 100s of people who you hardly know .
Come on who on their right mind wants to know the baking procedure of a cake?!?!
Whenever you hear anything outrageous or stupid about a wedding majority of the time a Nigerian is involved.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/01/07/cake.irpt/
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by chika98: 8:46pm On May 24, 2008
See drama! What the hell do you need all that for? Calling her to talk about the cake? maka y? We make things hard on ourselves I swear!
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by liquid7: 9:15pm On May 24, 2008
chika98:

See drama! What the hell do you need all that for? Calling her to talk about the cake? maka y? We make things hard on ourselves I swear!
This is just the problem some Nigerians have.Then they start screaming that Nigerians have gone to pick foriegn wives.
If you go to a Nigerian wedding and a non Nigerian wedding the first thing that strikes you is not the size but how impersonal Nigerian weddings are.
The Nigerian wedding is a show case with hired master of ceremony(i told a non Nigerian friend this and he laughed that you will use someone who does not know you to do this at a wedding),someone to come talk about the bloody cake ,heavy 12 ft speakers booming etc etc.
So impersonal so wasteful and loads of artifical smiles from people you don't know and likely from the groom side for wasting their money for 3 hours reception.
Na wa.
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by chika98: 10:47pm On May 24, 2008
liquid7:

This is just the problem some Nigerians have.Then they start screaming that Nigerians have gone to pick foriegn wives.
If you go to a Nigerian wedding and a non Nigerian wedding the first thing that strikes you is not the size but how impersonal Nigerian weddings are.
The Nigerian wedding is a show case with hired master of ceremony(i told a non Nigerian friend this and he laughed that you will use someone who does not know you to do this at a wedding),someone to come talk about the bloody cake ,heavy 12 ft speakers booming etc etc.
So impersonal so wasteful and loads of artifical smiles from people you don't know and likely from the groom side for wasting their money for 3 hours reception.
Na wa.
I hear you! So non intimate. I mean I just don't get it. There's nothing wrong with having an MC but then his duties should be limited. If i wanna listen to a comedian i would go to a comedy club. We really need to reinvent our weddings. Don't even get me started on the guest list. Some people invite everyone they've ever talked to , na wa ooooooo
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by liquid7: 4:32am On May 25, 2008
Problem is we keep adopting the white man's way and rather then improve it or make it better we twist it into something laughable.
Re: Wedding Reception Order Of Programme by buchibrand(m): 3:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
Please am in dear need of advice concerning this topic. I have been giving the assignment of being the MC of a wedding next month. So I need someone to advice me on what to do, from beginning to the ending, because most of the things am reading online seem to be different from what is obtainable here in naija.
I have not seen anywhere it is writing that there will be a presentation of Kola in a wedding, but it is part of the program for the wedding.

Please advice me, including suitable jokes for the wedding.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) / Man Caught Sleeping With Married Woman In Kaduna South, Beaten To Stupor / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.