Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? (1063 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / God & Satan The Same? / Is God Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
In my private moments,when I choose to get off Nairaland and other social media and networking sites.I continue my research into the Bible,the Qur'an,God and scrupulosity.And often times one can't help but wonder if God is actually the bad guy and Satan is just the fall guy.The guy that got framed!I'm not a Satan worshiper neither am I holding brief for him.I believe he can plead his own case if need be.I'm just stating the issues as dispassionately as I can

Let us start with the name 'Jehovah'.“The LORD is a man of war: the JEHOVAH is his name.” ~ Bible, Exodus 15:3
In Hebrew, Je or Jeh or Jah means Lord or God [ref].
The suffix “hovah” has the meaning of “ruin, mischief.” (No. 1943 in Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary)
It is another form of ‘havvah’, which is translated “calamity, iniquity, mischief, mischievous (thing), naughtiness, naughty, noisome, perverse thing, substance, very wickedness.” (No. 1942)
Put the two (Je + hovah) together and you get “God of ruin, mischief, calamity, perversion, and wickedness”. And don’t forget ‘noisome‘ – which means it stinks! From the foregoing,one is bound to ask; is Jehovah The God of Evil or Good?

The Wrathful God

“Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.” (Psalms 18:7-11)
Let us consider that these verses describe an angry (wroth) being, spouting smoke and fire, whose secret place consisted of darkness. This devilish entity sounds like a description of Satan, but believe it or not, actually comes from the Bible as describing God.

God rejoices over death

“And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.” (Deuteronomy 28:63)

If the religious mind believes that God represents a loving God, then one must wonder about God, as described in the Bible, who would rejoice to destroy.God appears completely devoid of any wit or humor; a mental state that psychologists have observed in many schizophrenics.

I'm always befuddled at how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-Gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16)Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. (& Psalms 137:9)Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. Wow!Even reading this now makes my blood curdle.Believe me,this is God speaking.
You can add the story of Job here for good measure.

In conclusion,it is safe to assume reading through the Old Testament appears to affirm the observation that God and Satan, if not one and the same, at least work as a team.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by project8(m): 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
cold: In my private moments,when I choose to get off Nairaland and other social media and networking sites.I continue my research into the Bible,the Qur'an,God and scrupulosity.And often times one can't help but wonder if God is actually the bad guy and Satan is just the fall guy.The guy that got framed!I'm not a Satan worshiper neither am I holding brief for him.I believe he can plead his own case if need be.I'm just stating the issues as dispassionately as I can

Let us start with the name 'Jehovah'.“The LORD is a man of war: the JEHOVAH is his name.” ~ Bible, Exodus 15:3
In Hebrew, Je or Jeh or Jah means Lord or God [ref].
The suffix “hovah” has the meaning of “ruin, mischief.” (No. 1943 in Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary)
It is another form of ‘havvah’, which is translated “calamity, iniquity, mischief, mischievous (thing), naughtiness, naughty, noisome, perverse thing, substance, very wickedness.” (No. 1942)
Put the two (Je + hovah) together and you get “God of ruin, mischief, calamity, perversion, and wickedness”. And don’t forget ‘noisome‘ – which means it stinks! From the foregoing,one is bound to ask; is Jehovah The God of Evil or Good?

The Wrathful God

“Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.” (Psalms 18:7-11)
Let us consider that these verses describe an angry (wroth) being, spouting smoke and fire, whose secret place consisted of darkness. This devilish entity sounds like a description of Satan, but believe it or not, actually comes from the Bible as describing God.

God rejoices over death

“And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.” (Deuteronomy 28:63)

If the religious mind believes that God represents a loving God, then one must wonder about God, as described in the Bible, who would rejoice to destroy.God appears completely devoid of any wit or humor; a mental state that psychologists have observed in many schizophrenics.

I'm always befuddled at how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-Gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16)Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. (& Psalms 137:9)Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. Wow!Even reading this now makes my blood curdle.Believe me,this is God speaking.
You can add the story of Job here for good measure.

In conclusion,it is safe to assume reading through the Old Testament appears to affirm the observation that God and Satan, if not one and the same, at least work as a team.
bros u beta repent cos u jus declare a war with God.I dnt care wat u said abt the bible cos u wil account for ur statement sumday bt to conclude that God almighty teams with satan is outrageous blasphemy and indeed an open declaration to rebellion with ur creator.I rest my case
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
project8: bros u beta repent cos u jus declare a war with God.I dnt care wat u said abt the bible cos u wil account for ur statement sumday bt to conclude that God almighty teams with satan is outrageous blasphemy and indeed an open declaration to rebellion with ur creator.I rest my case
You don't care what I said about the Bible because you've chosen to shut out the truth and believe what you want to believe is the truth.And this is exactly how a lot of religious people feel about their beliefs.They choose to believe what they're told and not what they know is right.
Blasphemy is victimless crime anyways.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 26, 2013
Great thread, you need to modify the title though.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 6:11am On Jan 26, 2013
inurmind: Great thread, you need to modify the title though.
Yeah,I reckon.It's so direct
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by clnzo: 6:57am On Apr 20, 2013
U must be drunk
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by shdemidemi(m): 9:35am On Apr 20, 2013
Probably if you read and understand the reason why God made man in the first place,you would understand why He can do as He will without emotions.
He chooses who to have compassion or mercy for. He chose to have mercy on the Jews at a certain point and now he has chosen anyone who believes in Christ for eternal bliss.
You are right that the God uses the devil to carry out His will just as He did with Job.
Being out of Gods jurisdiction qualifies you to be a victim of his wrath.
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2013
^^A God that creates evil & uses the Devil to drive home a point & validate his existence is simply not all he is cracked up to be
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by shdemidemi(m): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2013
What is he cracked up to be,If i may ask.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
You all give the impression of an omnipotent,omniscient omni what else God. Who created the world and everything therein. Thus knows everything and decides everything. Well it appears that is not the case. Since he needs the devil to execute some of his plans.
Or could it just be a case of God suffering from a case of double personality? One minute he is God & the other he is Satan. Seems plausible.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
cold: You all give the impression of an omnipotent,omniscient omni what else God. Who created the world and everything therein. Thus knows everything and decides everything. Well it appears that is not the case. Since he needs the devil to execute some of his plans.
Or could it just be a case of God suffering from a case of double personality? One minute he is God & the other he is Satan. Seems plausible.

Not Plausible, FACT
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by shdemidemi(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2013
He is all you said He is and more. The reason you know killing as bad is because God made it known to you as bad through law and conscience.
He is not bound by conscience or emotions or laws of man.
Example, if the government decide to make buying bread against the law today, it automatically becomes bad when its done. But God made the laws and man as a whole, He isn't bound by laws.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
shdemidemi: He is all you said He is and more. The reason you know killing as bad is because God made it known to you as bad through law and conscience.
Example, if the government decide to make buying bread against the law today, it automatically becomes bad when its done. But God made the laws and man as a whole, He isn't bound by laws.

Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 3:45pm On Apr 20, 2013
shdemidemi: He is all you said He is and more. The reason you know killing as bad is because God made it known to you as bad through law and conscience.
Like seriously?So without your God you wouldn't have known killing was bad?Oma se o!Can you please stop subjecting yourself & this God of yours to further ridicule

Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by shdemidemi(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
cold:
Like seriously?So without your God you wouldn't have known killing was bad?Oma se o!Can you please stop subjecting yourself & this God of yours to further ridicule

Remember the world did not start with you in it n there were people without laws at some point in time.
Human race started with innocence then to conscience to human govt to promise before the law.
God was there before all these times and He is still here now and you think your ego is enough to challenge His authority.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
^^Indulging in tomfoolery is not my stock in trade.Since you insist there was God since time immemorial I'm compelled to ask which God exactly are you on about? I can hazard a guess and say you're referring to the Christian God sold to you by the British which only exists in your head.This brings us back to the argument of consistent regression.If God had been there from day one,then we'd have to ask who created God?& who created who created God.And so on and so forth.So bro stop deluding yourself with all these fascinating stories fit only for toddlers.
Besides,I can't fathom why people try to foist down this whole God story down our throats.This God can't speak,prove or defend himself in any way.It's always some overzealous bigot trying really hard to do his bidding.They're either killing,threatening people with hell fire or cajoling you with heaven which so far there's not a shred of evidence such a place exist in the first place
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by shdemidemi(m): 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
There is nothing special in what you are doing, you won't be the first neither the last that wont believe in God.
When the time is right no zealous bigot would spoon feed you with this fictitious story anymore.
Most Christians went through your path to eventually realise how empty the world really is without God.
Goodluck.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
Lool..talking about Christianity. I was a devout Christian for over 30 years. Paying my tithe faithfully,praying fervently and abstaining from all forms of evil vices. I was in one of those trance like prayer moods when i suddenly discovered i'd been talking to myself all these years. The demise of my dad also contributed in no small measure to my present stance. After months of serious no holds barred prayers. The old man still passed away. All this time this God was laughing hysterically at me. Gosh! What a fool i've been

Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by shdemidemi(m): 4:53am On Apr 21, 2013
cold: Lool..talking about Christianity. I was a devout Christian for over 30 years. Paying my tithe faithfully,praying fervently and abstaining from all forms of evil vices. I was in one of those trance like prayer moods when i suddenly discovered i'd been talking to myself all these years. The demise of my dad also contributed in no small measure to my present stance. After months of serious no holds barred prayers. The old man still passed away. All this time this God was laughing hysterically at me. Gosh! What a fool i've been

That must have been a sad experience cos I lost my dad about 10 years ago as well although, in a relatively different circumstance.
I assume I know a bit abt how you must have felt after your dads death. May The souls of our beloved rest in peace.
But the negative impact of His death is a direct result of false doctrine. There are things you would never know or learn If your father did not leave when He left.
Our religious teachers never teach the reality of being a Christian. being a Christian does not make us immune to natural sufferings of this world, in fact being a
Christian makes you suffer more but unlike the unbeliever we can rejoice in our sufferings because it breaks us and this brokenness only makes us hope in the
Gospel of Christ that says BELIEVE that Christ died and rose and He would be back to take you to a blissful place where problems and sufferings will seize.
Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2013
^^You're trying really hard. Nonetheless,your argument isn't weighty enough to persuade me. It rings hollow and doesn't stand up to scrutiny. The truth is God does not & has never answered prayers! For the simple reason that he isn't there. It's all in the mind. People worship rocks,make a request and have their request granted. They return and make supplications to the rock. Same with the Muslim Allah,Shiva,Ogun,Arochukwu,Buddha and even your own Jesus Christ. Again i reiterate, It's a thing of the mind.

Re: Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? by cold(m): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2013
Try convincing them their god ain't real.

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Sex Should Wait Till Marriage / Strange Pictures Appear On The Wall Of A Mosque In Ikorodu / Is It Normal For Pastors To Use A High Life Music Quotes/line While Preaching?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.