Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,000 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family (46469 Views)

Girl Invited Me Over For The Night.. / He Has Changed After His Family Bought A Car / Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Go Down)

He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
The "bed guy" I have been talking about here has invited me to spend a weekend at his family house (with his folks)
Lord!
I'm so excited!
And I'm so scared! One minute I'm on top of the world, the next my tommy churns.
What if they are snobs? What if I do or say the wrong things?
What kind of clothes should I even take along with me?
Oh well, at the end I guess I'll just have to settle for being confident in myself.

1 Like

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Dyt(f): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2013
@ topic
Yes I hav
Jst b ursef and don't go wit all dose show me ur boobi n waist clothes
Dress swt n responsible
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by EzePromoe: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sweetlemon and her Bed guy season 3 cool

11 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by xynerise: 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dont eat too much when u get there

5 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by EzePromoe: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
Just be careful and be yourself. Something tells me the boy is a lil bit serious by inviting you to his family house. More comments are still coming that you wouldn't find impressive please just swallow it and don't make the thread turn to a warzone. Thanks, beauty!

1 Like

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by IZUKWU(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
SMDH

11 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe: Just be careful and be yourself. Something tells me the boy is a lil bit serious by inviting you to his family house. More comments are still coming that you wouldn't find impressive please just swallow it and don't make the thread turn to a warzone. Thanks, beauty!
Lol! I don adjust to NL craze!
I'm only going to answer people like you who have something encouraging to say.
kiss thanks!
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dyt: @ topic
Yes I hav
Jst b ursef and don't go wit all dose show me ur boobi n waist clothes
Dress swt n responsible
Lol!
Thank you my sister. How was your own experience? How long did you spend there? Were they nice to you? Did the mother tell you to cook for them or join her in the kitchen?
What scares me the most is that I will be spending a full weekend! I wish it started with a day's visit but one full weekend? lord help me! I'm so nervous!
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by EzePromoe: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
You're welcome, dearie kiss
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by EzePromoe: 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Lol!
Thank you my sister. How was your own experience? How long did you spend there? Were they nice to you? Did the mother tell you to cook for them or join her in the kitchen?
What scares me the most is that I will be spending a full week! I wish it started with a day's visit but one full weekend? lord help me! I'm so nervous!
Is the guy ready for marriage?
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Is the guy ready for marriage?

He hasn't formally proposed to me.
He's been more loving and caring each time we are together.
No sex yet. He still says he wants to buy a bed first (And that's why I'm so crazy about him)
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Dyt(f): 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
I cooked
We talked
Started frm a day visit
Afta dat she calls me 2 come play wit her
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
smh
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Lol!
What scares me the most is that I will be spending a full week! I wish it started with a day's visit but one full weekend? lord help me! I'm so nervous!

Its normal to get butterflies but I'd just give little tips.

* help out with whatever u can

* don't oversleep. Its not ur home so learn to wake before D real owners

* be nice

* never overdo things. If you know
for real you won't be running around doing this n that. Just be moderate so they wud know ur limits and won't be surprised if u change.

* light make up will do d trick

* be polite in addressing other member of d family even to the youngest.

* lastly and most importantly : be yourself.

I hope this helpsgrin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yeah! I remember the bed guy. He sounds awesome to me.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
candygosh:

Its normal to get butterflies but I'd just give little tips.

* help out with whatever u can

* don't oversleep. Its not ur home so learn to wake before D real owners

* be nice

* never overdo things. If you know
for real you won't be running around doing this n that. Just be moderate so they wud know ur limits and won't be surprised if u change.

* light make up will do d trick

* be polite in addressing other member of d family even to the youngest.

* lastly and most importantly : be yourself.

I hope this helpsgrin grin grin
#big hug
How early should I get up? I can sleep o! Kai! *shivers

1 Like

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sweetlemon:
#big hug
How early should I get up? I can sleep o! Kai! *shivers

Well, didn't saay u shouldn't sleep but be early enough to say your good mornings.

1 Like

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by AZeD1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
Be in charge of the tv remote
Wear short skirts and bum shorts
Eat like the "food prefect"

grin grin grin grin

29 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
A-ZeD:
Be in charge of the tv remote
Wear short skirts and bum shorts
Eat like the "food prefect"

grin grin grin grin

Lol!
E se gan! Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by EzePromoe: 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sweetlemon:

He hasn't formally proposed to me.
He's been more loving and caring each time we are together.
No sex yet. He still says he wants to buy a bed first (And that's why I'm so crazy about him)
If he lives with his parents then try to know the kind of people his parents are whether they're God-fearing. And again don't behave yourself cheaply before his parents, they might have planned it with their son to bring his GF to see whether she's a wifey material. And pleeeeaaase, zip up. Thanks!
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Okontami: 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
Lemon wey sweet..My Sister, please try hold body for his house o. By the time you go loose guard and he nack your toto akpako now, he could be a bit resentful.

Please I beg you my sister.

2 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by cigaricon(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
They are likely to ask u questions about ur ambition and how u are planning for ur future (with their son lol tongue), just be free and and show them u gat dreams and goals to achieve as they would not want their son to marry a lady who'se got none (that is if him go propose oh).

By the way, enjoy ur stay and no forget to bring garri for us when u come back oh cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by dopeJemi: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
ooooh! I hate commenting Late oh

Don't act Like its d first time u seeing dem

Don't wait 4 sum1 2 greet u b4 u greet d person

Be joviaL and LiveLy

ALways smiLe

Since u staying 4 d weekend, don't wake up Late

Try and heLp out wiv d chores

If he has sisters, pLay wiv dem n try 2 cook wiv dem

Don't taLk 2 much oh

Be confident, cuz dey r not going 2 eat u

Thank Me Later
wink

3 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
Okontami: Lemon wey sweet..My Sister, please try hold body for his house o. By the time you go loose guard and he nack your toto akpako now, he could be a bit resentful.

Please I beg you my sister.
Lol! I don buy strong padlock and zip put for that place!
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by chronique(m): 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe: Sweetlemon and her Bed guy season 3 cool

Coming soon to a store near you. Grab ur copy nowwwww!!!!....*(in an alaba marketer's thick igbotic voice)*

2 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
dopeJemi: ooooh! I hate commenting Late oh

Don't act Like its d first time u seeing dem

Don't wait 4 sum1 2 greet u b4 u greet d person

Be joviaL and LiveLy

ALways smiLe

Since u staying 4 d weekend, don't wake up Late

Try and heLp out wiv d chores

If he has sisters, pLay wiv dem n try 2 cook wiv dem

Don't taLk 2 much oh

Be confident, cuz dey r not going 2 eat u

Thank Me Later
wink
kiss
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by lolaluv1(f): 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
First impression is the lasting one. Smile pleasantly as you enter the house and be graceful and courteous.

The time when the mum is in the kitchen (if she cooks) is the time you could go offer to help her. She will probably refuse your help and instead involve you in a little tete-a-tete to know you better!

Get a seperate bedroom from his own (even though some cultures advocate that intending couples spend the night together).

Ask him to tell you about his family before you embark on the trip. Also talking about his experiences as a child with his parents and siblings, will go a long way in telling you the type of people they are and the kind of person he is!

Don't just hang with him alone. Sit with the family when they're seeing a movie, when having dinner, etc.

Be yourself.

2 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by AZeD1(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Lol!
E se gan! Thank you very much

On a more serious note, Just be yourself. Things my mother looks for in a girl
1)Respect/up bringing
2)Hygiene.
I think those are the two most important factors. Anything else would bother on trivial things like tribe, religion, denomination, e.t.c

If you pretend and they like you for what you are not you would have a problem in the long run.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by dopeJemi: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sweetlemon:
kiss

*Faints*

LoLa just do season 2 of my story
grin grin grin
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
I just have a strong feeling this visit will determine my final destination with him that's why I'm so nervous!
But why didn't he just start with a day's visit? Why a full weekend?? I'm happy about it but meeeen! It's so scary!
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
lola.luv:
First impression is the lasting one. Smile pleasantly as you enter the house and be graceful and courteous.

The time when the mum is in the kitchen (if she cooks) is the time you could go offer to help her. She will probably refuse your help and instead involve you in a little tete-a-tete to know you better!

Get a seperate bedroom from his own (even though some cultures advocate that intending couples spend the night together).

Ask him to tell you about his family before you embark on the trip. Also talking about his experiences as a child with his parents and siblings, will go a long way in telling you the type of people they are and the kind of person he is!

Don't just hang with him alone. Sit with the family when they're seeing a movie, when having dinner, etc.

Be yourself.
Should I insist on helping with the cooking if they turn down my offer? They have maids who do the housework. If I try to help out with the work will it look like I'm trying too hard?
He's said some nice stuff about his family. But who doesn't say nice things about their family?? *sighs
As for sharing the same room with him, that wouldn't happen because we haven't even had sex yet.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
make sure u sleep with his dad and brother when u get there

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41)

We've Broken Up, But He Still shows concern. / I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends / My Fiancee's Anger Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.