Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? (9654 Views)

“nigerians Spend N1.8 Billion Daily On Sports Betting” – Analyst / How Much Does Gtbank Exchange Naira For Dollar Using Naira Master Card Online? / Does Fuel Subsidy Benefit The Average Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by logix4me: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
Here is how the money flows out of your pocket yearly. This small calculation would help you know how good or bad you are doing financially. Note that some of these expenses don’t recur every month, but once a year…Do the maths, and minus the total of all your expenses from the total amount of income you made last year. How did you fare? Anyways, the bottom-line is, what will you cut or leave when making a smarter expense list for 2013. The goal is to make you more financially smarter. Get your calculator out.

PS: Dont forget that whatever re-occurs monthly, you multiply by 12.

[b]1. Rent or Property Taxes:
2. Other taxes (income, etc)
3. Utilities (electricity, gass, water, etc):
4. Household repairs and maintenance:
5. Food (indoor/outdoor):
6. Clothing/Shoes and laundry:
7. Educational expenses ( books, tuition, etc)
8: Child/Family Care:
9: Automobile expenses (gas, repairs, etc.):
10: Other transportation expenses:
11: Entertainment and dining of friends/guests:
12: Major home improvements and furnishings:
13: Professional services (health, dental, insurance, etc):
14: Charitable contributions (church, mosques, family, etc):
15: Other and miscellaneous expenses (Saloon, Pedicure, Manicure, toothpaste, etc):

So….If your expense is more than 50% of your annual income, then you have a “Negative cash-flow”.

If you saved about 50% of your income after spending 50%, You passed, and You have achieved something called “Steady Cash-flow”.

If you saved more than 50% of your earnings, then you definitely have something called a “Positive Cash-Flow”

Im still stuck in the “steady cash-flow”, where did you find yourself?

Source: http://inspired.com.ng/?p=541[/b]

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by 9icest: 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
Im sooo Negative sad
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yay!! I am stable cheesy cool

mod, please move this to frontpage! This is good stuff wink
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by abiL(f): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2013
Ain't nobody got time for this!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by NoiseMaker1: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2013
@OP How much na? How much do you spend?
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by dridowu: 9:36am On Jan 09, 2013
$1b
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 09, 2013
na 9ja we dey,most of dos expenses dont count
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Geomac: 9:47am On Jan 09, 2013
Mine fluctuates between Negative cash-flow and Steady cash-flow.
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 09, 2013
Hmm thanks op. I will transfer this to excel to really get the picture. I had to let go somethings that was dragging me to poverty such as paying for biz shop that is not getting me no returns and selling all to raise my stability soonest. Thanks
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Palchukwy: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2013
Well my thought are willin but my actions ar weak. and i need an advice on how or where i can sell my 4 tracks of music demo off completetly cos am based in owerri where pop and R&B is not lucrative i mean d market is not here. My contact is 07057665683 thank u
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by SELFWORTH: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2013
OP also missed out the most important expense :

Tithe

Its the best way to move out of up and down cash flow. Many people miss their blessing by holding back their tithe or reducing it. But it's actually a condition of God that "whatever you give He will return it to you in good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over ( Luke 6:38).

Mathematically :

If you give 0. Gods blessing multiplied by your zero is zero.

If you give 10.00 naira . Gods blessing multiplied by your 10 naira is ten times Gods blessings.... And so on and so forth.

Lets not forget that God will ALSO keep the cankerworms away from your finances.

My advice is to ignore all the sentiments about Jet setting pastors and those who waste/steal church funds and obey Gods instructions.

If you obey God, His favour and divine blessings (including finance) will overwhelm you. Amen

3 Likes

Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 09, 2013
abiL: Ain't nobody got time for this!
nobody does this maths. At best, very rough estimates will appear.
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2013
............ Million Naira...
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by dplordx(m): 10:00am On Jan 09, 2013
1. Rent: 200k yearly
2. income tax monthly = hustler
3. Utilities (electricity, gass, water, etc): 4k monthly x 12 = 48k
5. Food (indoor/outdoor): rough estimate = 30k x 12 monthly = 360k
6. Clothing/Shoes and laundry: 10k monthly x 12 = 120k
7. Educational expenses ( books, tuition, etc): none
8: Child/Family Care: Baby Mama = 20k x 12 = 240k
9: Automobile expenses (gas, repairs, etc.): 20k monthly x 12 = 240
10: Other transportation expenses: 5k monthly x 12 = 60k
11: Entertainment and dining of friends/guests: 10k monthly x 12 = 120k
12: Major home improvements and furnishings: not sure
13: Professional services (health, dental, insurance, etc): 30k yearly
14: Charitable contributions (church, mosques, family, etc): church 20k monthly x12 = 120k
15: Other and miscellaneous expenses (Saloon, Pedicure, Manicure, toothpaste, etc): 5k monthly x 12 = 60k

1,598,000.00 Man, this maths wan give me heart attack!!! cheesy shocked
Thanks OP love that ur site inspired.com.ng ...good stuff there sha wink

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by dplordx(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2013
Eeemm, i think Im in the "steady cash-flow" but boy, my baby mama needs to go angry
And im done with that church grin
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2013
mehn, i just calculated mine, i think we nigerians are really rich, our poverty dwells more in our mind.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by SELFWORTH: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2013
dplordx: Eeemm, i think Im in the "steady cash-flow" but boy, my baby mama needs to go angry

This is not the best way to start the new year!

Think again. Some decisions may change the whole course of your life but when we make it , it's all done in a rush .

Yet the consequences are far more than what we can ever imagine. Then the regrets will follow soon after.
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by etalker: 10:11am On Jan 09, 2013
dplordx: Eeemm, i think Im in the "steady cash-flow" but boy, my baby mama needs to go angry
grin
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by etalker: 10:12am On Jan 09, 2013
I just mine and I discovered I live far above my salary, where I got the excess I no know

1 Like

Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Leadn(m): 10:13am On Jan 09, 2013

some do... I do...!
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 09, 2013
If you are so busy making money, you wont bother about how much you spend.
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 09, 2013
okpara ugo: If you are so busy making money, you wont bother about how much you spend.

Duh. Small small, na him person dey poor. Small small, na him person dey rich....And na small small money dey finish, and na small small e dey plenty

@OP, thank...But seriously, why is the cost of living soooooo crazy in Nigeria!!! I bet GEJ caused this. Its sad to see im spending over 240k on fuel.
But seriously, there is money flowing around in this economy....All I just need to do is provide one of these following to Nigerians, and they can make me soooo rich....

1. Rent or Property Taxes:
3. Utilities (electricity, gass, water, etc):
5. Food (indoor/outdoor):
6. Clothing/Shoes and laundry:
7. Educational expenses ( books, tuition, etc)
8: Child/Family Care:
9: Automobile expenses (gas, repairs, etc.):
10: Other transportation expenses:
11: Entertainment and dining of friends/guests:
12: Major home improvements and furnishings:
13: Professional services (health, dental, insurance, etc):
14: Charitable contributions (church, mosques, family, etc):
15: Other and miscellaneous expenses (Saloon, Pedicure, Manicure, toothpaste, etc):
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by aweleokolo: 10:18am On Jan 09, 2013
Positive cash flow wink #BossLady #makiItCount
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Clemzy16(m): 10:28am On Jan 09, 2013
So nobody sabi maths for this thread?!
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Horlawoomey(m): 10:43am On Jan 09, 2013
What of recharge cards, BIS subscription e't.c
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by smsgold: 10:43am On Jan 09, 2013
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by daryoor(m): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2013
no do long calculation check our poverty ratio and u'll see that naija na poor country.
Hence, average nigerian na poor man, collect salary........buy food.......school fees.....nepa bill.....recharge card.....clothes and other expences.......accout go even enter debt way don dey chop from next month salary. Na oyinbo book you dey read o.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by dplordx(m): 10:50am On Jan 09, 2013
Horlawoomey: What of recharge cards, BIS subscription e't.c

utility
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 09, 2013
If the average Nigerian earn less than one dollar a day, u can as well assume the yearly expenditure of the average Nigerian cannot be more than $365.

And I say that because Nigeria is not a credit society, most businesses deal with cash. The chance of spending more than u earn is a lil low

1 Like

Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by GentleNaaz(m): 11:07am On Jan 09, 2013
Shud i include d money i used in smokn igboo,gave 2 my girls n buyn con.dom
Re: How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? by Areaboy2(m): 11:40am On Jan 09, 2013

HAHAHA grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Silly Mistakes You Must Avoid/Correct If You Must Earn Money Online / Tony Elumelu Wins Award In Abidjan. Pics / Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.