Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? (22581 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / List Of Sins That Will Lead You To Hell / Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by UjSizzle(f): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sinners who confess their sins and ask for forgiveness often talk about the scriptural passage that says "Old things have passed away and behold all things have become new" and most often than not translate this to having a clean slate n being punishment free.

Now there are some who say for every sin there's a punishment, whether u ask forgiveness or not. There's the case of David and Uriah in the book of Kings and the verse where God says he will avenge.

What's your view on this, does forgiveness of sins free one from every punishment?
Back up with scriptural citations if you can.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by ayobase(m): 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
For some sins...yeah, you are forgiven, but u cant excape the punishment.

Like that David committed!
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 07, 2013
Hmmm.. Were you silently following my chat with Reyginus on the Lb-anony meeting 2 thread : www.nairaland.com/1134332/logicboy-meets-anony-again-philosophy/9

Subscribing to this thread anyway... Hopefully I may learn more about this forgiveness and sins buSINess..
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:29am On Jan 07, 2013
ayobase: For some sins...yeah, you are forgiven, but u cant excape the punishment.

Like that David committed!
David lived before Christ that's y he had to pay for his sins

We sin everyday...

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fallen shrt of glory of God

But Romans 6:23 for the wages of sin is death ( I.e the case of David) but the gift of God is eternal lif in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This means that all our sins will be forgiven when we ask for it enerstly and seeking God.
If our sins would be our punishment then I doubt if Jesus Christ would have been send down here to die for us

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jan 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: David lived before Christ that's y he had to pay for his sins

We sin everyday...

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fallen shrt of glory of God

But Romans 6:23 for the wages of sin is death ( I.e the case of David) but the gift of God is eternal lif in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This means that all our sins will be forgiven when we ask for it enerstly and seeking God.
If our sins would be our punishment then I doubt if Jesus Christ would have been send down here to die for us

the answer to the above question is very simple. Yes God forgives us of our sins completely. However some sins do have physical consequences.

For example - If you are caught stealing... God can forgive you all well and good but the prosecutor is still going to haul you into jail. If you impregnate your neighbour, you will be forgiven if you ask for it, but the pregnancy is not going to disappear overnight and you will still be the father...

2 Likes

Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Redmosquito(m): 1:45am On Jan 07, 2013
for every action, a reaction, opposite but not always equal in magnitude, simple
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by tchaik(m): 6:57am On Jan 07, 2013
Redmosquito: for every action, a reaction, opposite but not always equal in magnitude, simple

Yes ooooo

Science calls it Cause and Effect; but I call it KARMA!

Karma knows everybody's address, and she is a B*tch too
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:57am On Jan 07, 2013
davidylan:

the answer to the above question is very simple. Yes God forgives us of our sins completely. However some sins do have physical consequences.

For example - If you are caught stealing... God can forgive you all well and good but the prosecutor is still going to haul you into jail. If you impregnate your neighbour, you will be forgiven if you ask for it, but the pregnancy is not going to disappear overnight and you will still be the father...
u can go to jail for stealing humans will punish jy 4 it but we know God has already pardened that sin
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:59am On Jan 07, 2013
Redmosquito: for every action, a reaction, opposite but not always equal in magnitude, simple
u still readin ur bible upside down?
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: u still readin ur bible upside down?

How, we reap what we sow.. The Bible supports this 100%, you are forgiven but must pay for your actions. you cannot escape it
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by mnwankwo(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
uj_sizzle: Sinners who confess their sins and ask for forgiveness often talk about the scriptural passage that says "Old things have passed away and behold all things have become new" and most often than not translate this to having a clean slate n being punishment free.

Now there are some who say for every sin there's a punishment, whether u ask forgiveness or not. There's the case of David and Uriah in the book of Kings and the verse where God says he will avenge.

What's your view on this, does forgiveness of sins free one from every punishment?
Back up with scriptural citations if you can.

Sin can be "defined" as disobedience to the laws of God. It can also be "defined" as activities that runs counter to the will of God. Every sin whether small or big imprints itself on any of the cloaks that envelop our spirit. To wash away these imprints or to remove them so that it appears that they were never there in the first place is forgiveness. The only way to wash away these imprints or sins is reformation, that is, to live in the sense of the will of God. Without genuine repentance, reformation and the subsequent transformation, forgiveness of sins is impossible. God does not punish anyone, rather the adamantine laws of God return to each one the fruits of the seeds one has consciously or unconsciously sowed. If the the seeds sown are good seeds, men call it blessing or grace and if the they are bad seeds, the harvest is referred to as punishment. Forgiveness can be instantaneous or a process depending on several factors including the nature of the sin, whether others have be harmed in their physical or soul bodies because of the sin, the depth of inner change in one that has repented, intercession, etc. Genuine repentance sets in motion counter currents to the ones that emanates from the sin. The counter currents, a volition from the repented one because of its purity is strengthened by the power of God such that it has a cleaning effect on the sins or imprint. Like a detergent cleans a dirty cloth of dirt, this volition for genuine repentance strengthened by the power of God washes away the sins until the sins are completely removed or falls off. The process of this washing or cleaning of our soiled garments in many cases is not a tea party but involves some painful experiencing, experiences that will enable the spirit to learn the necessary lessons such that it will be able to resist sin in future should opportunity for sin present itself.

Therefore, contrary to common views, the consequences of our sins are not magically removed from us once we genuinely repent of them, rather the consequences are placed on our paths so that we confront them. If we trust in Gods omnipotence, Gods power will be with the repented one such that one will have all the necessary spiritual support that will enable him overcome the battle with his sins and emerge as a new creature. Genuine repentance is the road to forgiveness but it is not the end in itself. It is a first but indispensable step. A lazy student who suddenly realizes that he has been failing exams because he has not been studying will not suddenly become a good student just because he has the firm volition to be serious with his studies. If he wants to score top marks, he must read his books, and be subjected to evaluation during exams. This crude analogy of a student reflects faintly the path open to the repented one as he embarks on the road to forgiveness. It may be psychologically rewarding for people to believe that their sins are forgiven because they have confessed, but in reality their sins are still their if the confession is not followed by genuine repentance, reformation and transformation. Sin is like a cancerous growth on the various cloaks enveloping the spirit and it has to be removed or else the real man (spirit) will die with it.

The love of God is always ready to help any sinner who genuinely desires to be liberated from the shackles of sin. But believers must recognize that an intrinsic part of forgiveness of our sins is confrontation with the sins itself. Often this confrontation is not rosy but painful. But if our faith in Gods omnipotence is genuine and firm, we will emerge from the confrontation as new creature with our soul garments as white as snow and our path as a beautiful as the smile of a baby. Best Wishes

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Redmosquito(m): 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nwankwo! Wat da hell! See as ur tory long! I have other things to read na! Oya summarize in two lines.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by mnwankwo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
Redmosquito: Nwankwo! Wat da hell! See as ur tory long! I have other things to read na! Oya summarize in two lines.

Hi Redmosquito. I am sorry I cannot summarize in two lines. Stay blessed.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Redmosquito: Nwankwo! Wat da hell! See as ur tory long! I have other things to read na! Oya summarize in two lines.
Hehee.. Lol.. You've never met m_nwankwo. He's one of the 'ever-present' sniper regulars we have here cheesy..

@ oga m_nwankwo: happy new year Sir
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by DeepSight(m): 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2013

Well let me help you with a summary. If your Father tells you not to jump up, and that if you jump up you will fall down.

Let's say you disobey him and you jump up. That disobedience is sin.

Now haven jumped up, you confess your disobedience to him and ask for forgiveness.

He forgives you.

Will you still fall down or not?

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by mnwankwo(m): 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Hehee.. Lol.. You've never met m_nwankwo. He's one of the 'ever-present' sniper regulars we have here cheesy..

@ oga m_nwankwo: happy new year Sir

Hi musKeeto. Happy new year to you too. How bodi? I am confident you are doing fine. Stay blessed.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by mnwankwo(m): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
Deep Sight:

Well let me help you with a summary. If your Father tells you not to jump up, and that if you jump up you will fall down.

Now haven jumped up, you confess your disobedience to him and ask for forgiveness.

He forgives you.

Beautiful DeepSight. Thanks a million! Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Basically, the reason Jesus had to die for our sins was so that we could be forgiven and go to be with the Lord. Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9) and only God can satisfy the Law requirements of a perfect life and perfect sacrifice that cleanses us of our sins.
All people have sinned against God. But, God is infinitely holy and righteous. He must punish the sinner, the Law breaker. If He didn't, then His law is not law for there is no law that is a law without a punishment. The punishment for breaking the Law is death, separation from God. Therefore, we sinners need a way to escape the righteous judgment of God. Since we are stained by sin and cannot keep the Law of God, then the only one who could do what we cannot is God Himself. That is why Jesus is God in flesh. He is both divine and human. He was made under the Law (Gal. 4:5-6) and He fulfilled it perfectly. Therefore, His sacrifice to God the Father on our behalf is of infinite value and is sufficient to cleanse all people from their sins and undo the offense to God.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
~vicky~:
Basically, the reason Jesus had to die for our sins was so that we could be forgiven and go to be with the Lord. Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9) and only God can satisfy the Law requirements of a perfect life and perfect sacrifice that cleanses us of our sins.
All people have sinned against God. But, God is infinitely holy and righteous. He must punish the sinner, the Law breaker. If He didn't, then His law is not law for there is no law that is a law without a punishment. The punishment for breaking the Law is death, separation from God. Therefore, we sinners need a way to escape the righteous judgment of God. Since we are stained by sin and cannot keep the Law of God, then the only one who could do what we cannot is God Himself. That is why Jesus is God in flesh. He is both divine and human. He was made under the Law (Gal. 4:5-6) and He fulfilled it perfectly. Therefore, His sacrifice to God the Father on our behalf is of infinite value and is sufficient to cleanse all people from their sins and undo the offense to God.

You mean we are no under the law.. remind me to say a prayer when i am close to death and i see a grim reaper.. grin
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

You mean we are no under the law.. remind me to say a prayer when i am close to death and i see a grim reaper.. grin
No comment
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Lovethywilbedon: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Deep Sight:

He forgives you.

Will you still fall downr not?
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Lovethywilbedon: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
Deep Sight:

He forgives you.

No! You won't fall again, but you still have to bear the bruises of your first fall which you loving father can help to heal by applying HidrogenperOxide and Iodine.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by DeepSight(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: No! You won't fall again, but you still have to bear the bruises of your first fall which you loving father can help to heal by applying HidrogenperOxide and Iodine.

Lol. Of course you will fall down. The laws of God are not his mere fancies - they are the adamantine laws of creation which could not but be: in this instance, gravity. The iodine you mention still falls within those laws. That is called grace.

But if after you jump up, he comes and catches you mid air so you do not fall down, that is called Divine Intervention - which is a hugely debatable precept when discussing a perfect God.

A human father may do it - on account of his imperfection. Indeed, some human fathers will not do it - on account of wisdom - they will let you fall and learn your own lesson.

A perfect God, hmmmmm, i think, will allow his perfect laws to play. Indeed, being perfect, he would have no other option.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by plaetton: 3:29am On Jan 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

Lol. Of course you will fall down. The laws of God are not his mere fancies - they are the adamantine laws of creation which could not but be: in this instance, gravity. The iodine you mention still falls within those laws. That is called grace.

But if after you jump up, he comes and catches you mid air so you do not fall down, that is called Divine Intervention - which is a hugely debatable precept when discussing a perfect God.

A human father may do it - on account of his imperfection. Indeed, some human fathers will not do it - on account of wisdom - they will let you fall and learn your own lesson.

A perfect God, hmmmmm, i think, will allow his perfect laws to play. Indeed, being perfect, he would have no other option.

If the laws of creation are immutable, then the concept of forgiveness is just a human fantasy. It makes no sense in the grand scheme of the universe.
If we cannot petition gravity to spare us from falling, how is it possible to ask and expect our sins against god and his universe to be erased and forgiven?.
Since human life is dynamic, how many times can one expect to be forgiven of one's sins in course of one's life?
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by mnwankwo(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2013
plaetton:

If the laws of creation are immutable, then the concept of forgiveness is just a human fantasy. It makes no sense in the grand scheme of the universe.
If we cannot petition gravity to spare us from falling, how is it possible to ask and expect our sins against god and his universe to be erased and forgiven?.
Since human life is dynamic, how many times can one expect to be forgiven of one's sins in course of one's life?

Hi Plaetton. I do not see why forgiveness cannot be reconciled with the immutable laws of creation. In my earlier post on this thread I clearly stated that sin, a disobedience to the laws of God, imprint itself on the various cloaks that envelops the spirit and that the washing or removal of these imprints is what forgiveness is. Petition in the sense of the laws of God simply means adjusting your entire being to be in sync with the laws, to flow with the will of God and not to oppose it. Sin came into existence as a result of opposition to the will of God and thus can be cleansed by living according to the will of God. Petition to God does not lay in endless confession of sins that is not inwardly felt deep with the spirit, but in genuine recognition of ones failing, followed by adjustment of ones life such that it swings in the will of GOD. Anyone who follows this path will receive the spiritual power to always live according to the will of GOD. When a man is in sync with the will of God, he will be bathed in the power of GOD, the experiencing of the power of GOD transforms the seeker to a new man, such a man is born again. We can dig our own graves by wrong or misapplication of the laws of God but we can also redeem ourselves by obedience to the laws of GOD. You can not sow yam and expect to reap banana but the laws of GOD have the possibility that you can harvest banana if you sow banana. Every stirring of the soul adds new threads to our tapestry of fate which then changes the overall color, sound and radiation of those threads. Imagine every sin to be a black thread and imagine every act that is in accordance with the will of God to be white thread. Imagine a man who is predominantly evil and thus his tapestry of fate is made of mostly black threads. Now this man for some reason is fed up with his evil ways and embarks on the road of reformation. Slowly but surely more white threads are now added such that in time the tapestry of fate becomes predominantly white. But there is even much more to the process. Because the remaining black threads do not receive anymore nourishment from him, they wither and fall off his tapestry of fate. Now, this mans tapestry of fate is now completely white. The adamantine laws of GOD prevents a magical conversion of black threads to white threads but it does allow the black threads to wither as I explained and the addition of white threads.

Yes, there can be divine intervention but this intervention is a fulfillment of the cosmic laws, not a negation of it as is often assumed. A man may have inwardly changed so much that a returning evil reciprocal action will no longer penetrate to him because of lack of homogeneity but is dissipated or mitigated by the pure non-earthly environment that surrounds him. In this case a bullet from an assassin that would have killed him may just glance off his hair or the assassin gun may be jammed. A car accident that would have seen a man get crushed by a trailer may end up in him just helping to drop a stranded passenger. The mitigation of a harmful heavy karma through a harmless activity as I illustrated above is called symbolic redemption. Several servants of GOD in non-physical spheres often guide the repented one to acts of symbolic redemption although the individual may think that the suggestions or thoughts came from himself. Now the same process also happens in good threads of fate that have ripened for us in the workshop of creation. Unbelievable spiritual guidance bring us to circumstances and events where these good fruits drop to our laps and because we cannot consciously survey the origin of the good seeds whose fruits dropped to our laps we call it providence. Grace, providence and forgiveness are merely the outworking of Divine Will. There is nothing arbitrary about them even though they may appear so to many a man because of their inability to survey the entire happening. As the Igbos say, "If a man who is not around when a corpse was buried is asked to exhume the corpse, he will start digging from the location of the knee"

As an aside, I have not forgotten your topic on Consciousness. Hopefully I will muster the urge to make an input. Stay blessed.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
M_Nwankwo. You are deep oh! God bless you for your contributions...do excuse me while I go and read them again.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by mnwankwo(m): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
parisienne: M_Nwankwo. You are deep oh! God bless you for your contributions...do excuse me while I go and read them again.

Hi parisienne.Thank you for the prayer and kindwords. Stay blessed.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by plaetton: 2:34am On Jan 09, 2013
m_nwankwo:

Hi Plaetton. I do not see why forgiveness cannot be reconciled with the immutable laws of creation. In my earlier post on this thread I clearly stated that sin, a disobedience to the laws of God, imprint itself on the various cloaks that envelops the spirit and that the washing or removal of these imprints is what forgiveness is. Petition in the sense of the laws of God simply means adjusting your entire being to be in sync with the laws, to flow with the will of God and not to oppose it. Sin came into existence as a result of opposition to the will of God and thus can be cleansed by living according to the will of God. Petition to God does not lay in endless confession of sins that is not inwardly felt deep with the spirit, but in genuine recognition of ones failing, followed by adjustment of ones life such that it swings in the will of GOD. Anyone who follows this path will receive the spiritual power to always live according to the will of GOD. When a man is in sync with the will of God, he will be bathed in the power of GOD, the experiencing of the power of GOD transforms the seeker to a new man, such a man is born again. We can dig our own graves by wrong or misapplication of the laws of God but we can also redeem ourselves by obedience to the laws of GOD. You can not sow yam and expect to reap banana but the laws of GOD have the possibility that you can harvest banana if you sow banana. Every stirring of the soul adds new threads to our tapestry of fate which then changes the overall color, sound and radiation of those threads. Imagine every sin to be a black thread and imagine every act that is in accordance with the will of God to be white thread. Imagine a man who is predominantly evil and thus his tapestry of fate is made of mostly black threads. Now this man for some reason is fed up with his evil ways and embarks on the road of reformation. Slowly but surely more white threads are now added such that in time the tapestry of fate becomes predominantly white. But there is even much more to the process. Because the remaining black threads do not receive anymore nourishment from him, they wither and fall off his tapestry of fate. Now, this mans tapestry of fate is now completely white. The adamantine laws of GOD prevents a magical conversion of black threads to white threads but it does allow the black threads to wither as I explained and the addition of white threads.

Yes, there can be divine intervention but this intervention is a fulfillment of the cosmic laws, not a negation of it as is often assumed. A man may have inwardly changed so much that a returning evil reciprocal action will no longer penetrate to him because of lack of homogeneity but is dissipated or mitigated by the pure non-earthly environment that surrounds him. In this case a bullet from an assassin that would have killed him may just glance off his hair or the assassin gun may be jammed. A car accident that would have seen a man get crushed by a trailer may end up in him just helping to drop a stranded passenger. The mitigation of a harmful heavy karma through a harmless activity as I illustrated above is called symbolic redemption. Several servants of GOD in non-physical spheres often guide the repented one to acts of symbolic redemption although the individual may think that the suggestions or thoughts came from himself. Now the same process also happens in good threads of fate that have ripened for us in the workshop of creation. Unbelievable spiritual guidance bring us to circumstances and events where these good fruits drop to our laps and because we cannot consciously survey the origin of the good seeds whose fruits dropped to our laps we call it providence. Grace, providence and forgiveness are merely the outworking of Divine Will. There is nothing arbitrary about them even though they may appear so to many a man because of their inability to survey the entire happening. As the Igbos say, "If a man who is not around when a corpse was buried is asked to exhume the corpse, he will start digging from the location of the knee"

As an aside, I have not forgotten your topic on Consciousness. Hopefully I will muster the urge to make an input. Stay blessed.

Always a great pleasure. Thank you.

Insightful and very true. However, most of us understand the concept of forgiveness from a purely religious point of view, as it is touted and marketed by the popular religions of our day. Infact, it a great marketing tool to win new converts.
It goes somewhat like this:

" Are you a sinner, a robber, a murderer, an adulterer, a liar? No problems. You are ok. Come, god will forgive you of all your sins and inequities."

In this way, the concept of forgiveness becomes a free get-out-of -jail card that is supposed to absolve one of personal responsibility and penance. This idea of forgiveness, itself, is a negation of the concept of justice.
You can see that this twisted but very popular concept of forgiveness becomes a bigger problem for the soul, because, rather than serve as a means towards regeneration, this forgiveness lulls one into a false sense of security,apathy and indolence, thereby inhibiting the ultimate growth of the spirit.

That is why I find it contradictory and dangerous, not only to the social order, but to the spirit as well.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 09, 2013
plaetton:

Insightful and very true. However, most of us understand the concept of forgiveness from a purely religious point of view, as it is touted and marketed by the popular religions of our day. Infact, it a great marketing tool to win new converts.

" Are you a sinner, a robber, a murderer, an adulterer, a liar? No problems. You are ok. Come, god will forgive you of all your sins and inequities."

Its not a "marketing tool", that is the raw gospel of Christ. Remember the woman caught in adultery? Remember the thief on the cross?

plaetton:
In this way, the concept of forgiveness becomes a free get-out-of -jail card that is supposed to absolve one of personal responsibility and penance. This idea of forgiveness, itself, is a negation of the concept of justice.

this isnt true at all. This forgiveness is not really free... it was PAID FOR by the death and suffering of Christ on the cross.

plaetton:
You can see that this twisted but very popular concept of forgiveness becomes a bigger problem for the soul, because, rather than serve as a means towards regeneration, this forgiveness lulls one into a false sense of security,apathy and indolence, thereby inhibiting the ultimate growth of the spirit.

I think this is a concept that is largely in your head. Genuine born again christians cherish the gift of forgiveness for what it is... an undeserved extension of God's mercy that needs to be guarded with their very lives. The apostles of old put their very lives on the line for this gift... certainly not the actions of those "lulled into a false sense of security".

plaetton:
That is why I find it contradictory and dangerous, not only to the social order, but to the spirit as well.

Actually the problem is that you stand the facts of the bible on its head. You are unimaginably confused.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by mnwankwo(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2013
plaetton:

Hi plaetton. Thanks for your kind words. What is important and decisive for the spiritual evolution of each soul is how she or he have lived in sync or opposition to the will of GOD. What others believe even when they are in the majority should not concern one who is truly in tune with the will of GOD. GOD imbued each of us with freewill and we are absolutely free to use it which ever way we so choose. The choice is indeed free but one is bound to the consequences of his or her choice. You are free to sow corn but you are bound to harvest corn. No amount of prayer or supplication will magically change corn to mango. As it is in earthly things, so is it in the non-physical things including the spiritual. Often most people think that the laws of God are a set of rules or admonition. In reality, the laws of GOD are the intrinsic abilities inherent in formed and unformed radiations (emanations)of GOD. Because these abilities and talents are intrinsic in each specie of creation, they are inseparable from the specie concerned. It is for this reason that these abilities are immutable. Admonitions and guides by different prophets of GOD and his son, Jesus Christ were meant to awaken these abilities.True prophets of GOD are aware of these abilities and by their words as well as by the power granted to them by GOD, they provide nourishment for theses inherent talents, allowing them to germinate, grow and transform into abilities. These abilities know of nothing else except the will of GOD. Just like a diamond, these abilities only radiate light, love, justice and purity. But just like the luster and brilliant brightness of a diamond can be soiled by mud or filth, the luminosity and purity of the spirit can be soiled and blocked by sin. Just like a diamond can be cleansed of the filth that covers is, the the spirit that is man can be washed of the sins that darkens it as I have previously explained.

There is no forgiveness without justice and love. The will of GOD manifests in the irrevocable march of events. If one takes a deep look at events in his or her own life, that of his neighbors, and indeed the whole world, I am confident that he or she will have some glimpse of what forgiveness is. You cannot be a surgeon without going through the medical school, evaluated and certified. You cannot enter the kingdom of GOD without love, purity, justice, intuitive insight, etc being an intrinsic part of ones spirit. The process of Forgiveness as I have explained is a grace of GOD that permits these aforementioned abilities to blossom by giving the sinner the opportunity not only to repent from his evil ways but to learn the necessary lessons from them so that he will not again succumb to the same failing when opportunity for temptation presents itself. A gem cannot be polished without friction and forgiveness cannot be granted without cleansing of the garments of the spirit. As I said this process of cleansing is not a tea party and can be painful. As always stay blessed.
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by peterugoobi(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
As a catholic, l understand that once you confess your sin, there are forgiven, but if you still have toughts you can go a step further an embrace the message of "divine mercy" which according to maria fustina, a venerable nun, jesus said that "no matter your sin, that he has already pleaded to the father on your behalf, all you have to do is trust in his mercy. L hope this helps
Re: Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? by peterugoobi(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
As a catholic, l understand that once you confess your sin, there are forgiven, but if you still have toughts you can go a step further an embrace the message of "divine mercy" which according to maria fustina, a venerable nun, jesus said that "no matter your sin, that he has already pleaded to the father on your behalf, all you have to do is trust in his mercy. I hope this helps

(1) (2) (Reply)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Pastors Conduct Deliverance On Members By Flogging Them With Leather Belts / Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.