Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,616 members, 7,801,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? (769 Views)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by tomakint: 1:34am On Jan 07, 2013
A sage once said, "To marry once is a duty, twice is folly and thrice is madness"! In the religious cycles and few cultures, marriage is considered a sacred institution that is meant to be for life but considering our contemporary times one can almost conclude that all those sacredness attached to marriage have mostly been dumped in the trash can of history! As for me I believe marriage should be for life between two enduring partners, what is your take on this?
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:53am On Jan 07, 2013
Truely, marriage is meant to be till death seperate the couples.
To marry once is a duty, twice is foolishness and thrice is madness. To have children for diff people without a vital cause is total irresponsibility.
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 07, 2013
Marriage is eternal. There is life after death and what is bound on earth shall be bound in Heaven too.
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by greatgod2012(f): 4:54am On Jan 07, 2013
Yes.
That is what ....."till death do us part" means.
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by ihedioramma: 5:01am On Jan 07, 2013
IS IN YOUR BIBLE , ONE MAN ONE WIFE . AND YOU DONT NEED TO REMARRY IF YOUR HUSBAND OR WIFE IS ALIVE .
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 07, 2013
As long as its peaceful and a truly happy marrage devoid of violence ,threat to life,emotions,esteem or psychological torture yes,but if it is filled with one form of ugly dramas,violence and adultery,then no.it is better to be alive and have your sanity than sitting in a dead or turbulent marriage

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by Pysam(m): 8:41am On Jan 07, 2013
No
Marry that last long for what
Two weeks is ok
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
Pysam: No
Marry that last long for what
Two weeks is ok

That's called a fling.
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by Gambrosia: 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
So it is supposed to be. . . BUT, anyone should feel free to JUMP BAIL. . .AND GET OUT OF JAIL. . .if it is not working! kiss
Sometimes partners can be h-enemies of progress!
KICK 'EM OUT! kiss

Drop the ZERO and get a HERO! cool
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by bjcole(m): 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
kulyie: As long as its peaceful and a truly happy marrage devoid of violence ,threat to life,emotions,esteem or psychological torture yes,but if it is filled with one form of ugly dramas,violence and adultery,then no.it is better to be alive and have your sanity than sitting in a dead or turbulent marriage
you are obviously not ready 4 marriage. As long as u r married, there surely must be drama, whether gud or bad.
Re: Do You Believe Marriage Is Meant To Be For Life? by bjcole(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
Marriage is forever, death is d only acceptable option 4 seperation, @op, i like d choice of ur word "enduring spirit" anybody that does not ve d enduring spirit is not fit to be married, if u cannot forbear or tolerate & accept ur spouse' differences, u have a longway to go. If u want 2 ve less headache in ur marriage, choose right, time of courtship is not 4 sleeping around, shine ur eyes, dont be carried away by infatuation, invlove God in d process. Happy & blissful married life 2 my Nl folks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help Urgently. / Funny Nicknames / My Best Moments As A Kid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.