Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

The Winning Business Attitude For 2013 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Winning Business Attitude For 2013 (529 Views)

Bc / 15 Fastest Growing Small Business OPPORTUNITIES and IDEAS In Nigeria For 2013 / 13 Business Ideas For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Winning Business Attitude For 2013 by stolenstone: 6:55am On Jan 07, 2013
The Holy Book says in Proverbs 22:29 that seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
I have no doubt that if you are to surpass what you achieved in 2012, one aspect of your relationship that must not falter is you working relationship. You probably have seen the axiom, "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go." For a vast portion of the workforce, that's the best reason they can muster for going to the job each day. According to one poll, only 43% of American office workers are satisfied with their jobs. In Japan, the figure dips to 17%, I wonder what the figures are in your own part of the world. The apostle Paul admonishes 1 Corinthians 14:40 (KJV) “Let all things be done decently and in order”, including your Job. Allow me point out to you nine attitudes that you must watch out for and avoid on your job.
1. NMJ--not my job: have you ever noticed people that will never pick up a piece of trash on the floor and put it in the waste basket simply because it is not their Job. If you must become indispensible at your workplace you must learn to pitch in a solve problems even though it’s not on your job description.
2. NMM--Need more money: do not develop a reputation for being the one that always needs more funds to complete a task. The more creative and innovative you become the less finance you expend. Sometimes go out of your way and complete the task before asking for funds. It builds a trustworthy reputation.
3. WCT--Wastes company time: develop a healthy sense of respect for your organisations time; find ways of getting the task done on time and meeting deadlines. Avoid an eye servicing mentality. Sometimes bosses are guiltier of this offense, since the buck stops at their table and one can fire them they develop the erroneous believe that they can waste time simply because they are the boss. Outstanding leaders see themselves also as employees of the organisation and not just the owner.
4. PPP--Promises, promises, promises: never become the staff that is full of promises and never delivering on the projects. People start losing faith in you and your words lose value and authority especially if you are the boss or team leader.
5. NMH--Needs more help: you must learn fast on your job or task and develop competence that people can trust you to deliver on projects without always needing help of supervision. If you create a reputation of always needing help or supervision you become more of a liability than an asset.
6. ACD--Always complaining and disagreeable: develop rational and constructive ways to communicate you differences and opinions, it is true that you sometimes would have varying ideas but it is untrue that you always will have varying ideas and opinion. Do not become an ACD (always complaining and disagreeable) your retard the momentum of your organisation.
7. CWS--Clock watcher's syndrome: this is a dangerous syndrome to develop, the clock watcher is the one that comes and goes on the dot of time, not a minute less not a minute more, the one that begins to twitch as soon as the meeting exceeds the closing time by one second. Never goes the extra mile, never willing to put in some extra time to get the job done. You may think this is been disciplined with time but it develops a reputation that you cannot be counted upon when the team has to give more.
8. TTM--The trouble maker: do not become the one that always starts a trouble.
9. SRM--Supports rumour mill: don’t become the organisations rumour mill, if a story has to be spread do not become the broadcast station. You will soon develop a reputation for not being able to handle confidential matters. Beloved, remember that a diligent man stands before kings not mean men.
Source: Wisdom4Winning, Ed Bayeibo.
Those are some nice attitudinal tips we should be on the look out for, but I'm sure there are alot more, so your contributions please...
Re: The Winning Business Attitude For 2013 by jeak123(m): 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
Thars a good one. I am in with u on d 'Need More Money' cos u cannot use ur money 2 d company's job. If its not approved, please don't try doing it. I have seen a situation where an MD challenged an employee 4 spending his own money and even refused reimbursing d employee. @op all d same, good stuff.

(1) (Reply)

25 Secrets In Salesmanship / AGO Seller Required Urgently - Serious Buyers Available / How Do I Access N1million Loan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.