Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,403 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:54 PM

An Interesting Conversation Combination On/from Nairalander In Diaspora - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Interesting Conversation Combination On/from Nairalander In Diaspora (534 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Interesting Conversation Combination On/from Nairalander In Diaspora by dotcomnamename: 7:45am On Jan 07, 2013
BOSK: friend, how are you?

DON: Fine, how are you

BOSK: I’m fine o

DON: You don’t come online these days what happen?

BOSK: Infarct I don’t want to talk b4 but I’ll talk now

DON: Tell me what’s the problem?

BOSK: Why do people back home think money grows on trees abroad?

DON: Why do u said that?

BOSK: It always baffles me when Families and friends in Nigeria always call those of us living abroad for ridiculous amount of money as if money goes on trees. They don't even consider what you’re going through. What some people have left after paying for all the tax bills is not even enough to survive until the next check comes.

DON: Hmm, true talk, don't mind those yeye ingrates here in 9ja jor. What do they even know about hardship and suffering? They act as if laptops, phones, trainers, etc grow on trees in abroad..

BOSK: My friends and I always talk about this. And it’s very irritating when dey flash and flash from morning till night. My take is this, u need something? u better go and buy credit and talk. Why should I use my money to buy phone card to call u so u can ask for some insignificant things.

DON: Look, let me tell you the truth, the truth is some people comes to 9ja after saving all their money to bragado at a party, and if they return to abroad they can't pay their bills. Those are idiots.

BOSK: But what about we that are not doing so that truly tell u that it is not easy and u say we love saying ‘it’s not easy’’, you say we are stingy/selfish. A lot of people that goes to 9ja and flash money like no others are known to be doing 419 and credit card frauds. If u work hard for your money it will be very difficult to waste it like that.

DON: You see, atimes you can’t blame some of us here in 9ja, I think it’s because, I think people in abroad make people in 9ja thinks that money grows on tree in abroad by giving and giving and giving at all their needs, you invite stress for yourself by giving and giving at all their needs.

BOSK: But I keeping telling some friends the truth, for instance if a friend ask u for money or material, u told him the truth, but he didn’t believe you, and in his mind you became a bad friend, what would you do?

DON: Hmm, well, I wont blame the people back home here in 9a, i will blame some of you that lives Abroad, some will comes here in 9ja and live like they are the richest man of where they resides in Abroad, some will go clubbing and buying drinks for everyone, some will make ridiculous promises and so sad that sometimes, even going back to the abroad where they lived with promises that they will help them to move there as well.
When you give impression that you are all that and more, what do you expect?.
However, i do understand that there are some that no matter how much you tell them the truth, they won’t believe you, but would be nice to tell them the truth and free your mind and let the rest of the palava be on their head. Ignore such friend or whoever and let your mind free from God, and God knows your hearth. By the time such friend or family member realize he was wrong, he would come back and apology to you, only it might be too late for you to forgive him or start a new friendship or relationship with such person.So there are 2 sides to all coins.

BOSK: I totally understand that some dejo pretend instead of telling the truth aoutt how things really are here in abroad. But I don't think it’s fair to only blame some idiots here who goes to 9ja to blow fraud money and drugs money. People back home in 9ja have long throat period! Just because lagbaja and tamedo comes home with flashy car and shower money like no man's business that doesn't mean that life is like that. Don't judge me because Mr A says life is good in Europe. If I tell u that I can't afford to send u anything, just take it as that and believe me. Just because your neighbour’s sister's son's wife's daughter-in-law say life is good in Europe (well life might be good for her/him, however u want to interpret that) that doesn't mean that I have 100o pounds or Euros or Dollars or laptops or mobile phone to send u. People have wives and children to cater for, if u don't pay your bills and tax here, u will be homeless. Here is not like in Naija were people hide when they see landlords coming. You will come home with your stuff outside on the curb while your neighbours start packing your valuables. So our immediate family (husband, wife and kids) comes first, then we can later worry about people back home in 9ja.

DON: You’re very RIGHT and CORRECT, I agree with you, that is how some of us think here in 9ja o. Anyway, do what I asked you to do. Stop sending them money or anything out of inconvenience. If you don’t have tell them, if they don’t believe you, ignore them and delete them on your facebook. Don’t even pick their calls anymore. Simple.

BOSK: ok

DON: My younger brother and my mum use to tell me how hard it is over there, so I’m not surprised the way some people thinks here. You know my mum has been there for over 25 years and so I know how things go over there. As for me, so far am not crazy, I can’t be asking anyone in abroad for money or materials when I don’t know what he’s going through. Even my mum and brothers there I hardly ask them anything, I don’t ask them anything before they send me any stuffs and that’s when they feel like which is cool.
If I’m in abroad like you, I will have a principal, and my principle is. I can invest in people like contribute towards setting them up in life. But before I do that I will ascertain that they have acquired the skill. Or send them some items to sell and share the profit with them.
But I will never send people feeding money. na na no way. If not they will play an oliver twist by keep asking for more and more. Some will even tell you lies upon lies in other to demand money from you.

BOSK: Those in 9ja forget that we in abroad also have obligations that cannot afford to miss, like house rent, car insurance/travel expenses, phone bills, gas bill, tv license, water rate, on top of this we have food and clothings to consider. If we are married with children, they should consider child minder’s payment too, you, u sit down in 9ja as a lazy man/woman expecting we your slave to wire money to you or cargo stuffs to you? Never. If you think we in abroad are stingy, I pray God will help you to get a visa to MOVE abroad now as soon as possible and come and see for your self.

DON: Anyway, you are the main cause of your problems. The solution is to let those of us here in 9ja know how it is over there. 1. Reduce your calls. 2.Reduce chatting with them on facebook. 3. Reduce chatting with them on Yahoo Messenger. 4.Reduce chatting with them on MSN. 5.Reduce chatting with them on WatsApp, 6.Reduce chatting with them on BBM, 7.Stop using skype video with them. 8.Stop using yahoo webcam with them. 9.Stop sending them pictures. 10.Reduce or temporary stop uploading pictures on your facebook. 11.Stop sending them money or reduce it. 12. If they ask for anything, don’t pretend that you will send it when you cannot afford it, but because you want to satisfied them , u end up promising them. These are what you really need to work ot. Be frown with them and let your YES be YES, Let Your No be No. If you say you can’t afford it, if any of them want to ignore you or unfriend you, don’t give a Bleep. When its time, he/she will come back and apology to you by the time hhe/she himself/herself travel abroad. Simple.

BOSK: Ok, thank you so much, you’re a good friend. May God continue to shower his blessing upon you. God will not kill you for me. Whenever I chat with you you always make my day and make me happy. My mum always ask of you. Anyway, I just want to let you know that since you stood by me for 10 years since I left home, you always tell me the truth and you’ve never demand a dime from me, neither do I send you a kobo., and upon all these, you keep communicating with me, always visit my families in 9ja. Well, I don’t know how to tell you this, but I just have to tell you. I just want to inform you that I have just bought 3 plots of land in Lagos. Each of the plot is 1.5 million naira each. I bought two on my name, and I bought the third one on your name. All the documents including C of O are with me. I will send your documents to you tomorrow for the plot on your name. Pls don’t thank me for anything. That is how I want to do my thing and my mum, dad, brothers and sisters and my wife support it.

DON: BOSK, HEY, HMM.LMH,AMM DON’T KNOW WHATS HAPPENING, BOSK, BOSK, ARE YOU THERE, HEYY, I DON DIE OO, HEYY, WHAT A MIRACLE, BOSK. WHAT HAPPEN, WHY? GOD, GOD, GODDDD…
Re: An Interesting Conversation Combination On/from Nairalander In Diaspora by Enoquin(f): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2013
cheesy Fiction right? Especially, the last two conversation

(1) (Reply)

Dana Air Did Not Insure Any Of Their Crew Members And Therefore Not Eligible For / Travelling Requrement For Qatar / Planing To Travel Home With Family This Coming Xmas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.