Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Do You Believe In Marrying Young? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Marrying Young? (12453 Views)

10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young / Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by steveldm: 3:19am On Jan 08, 2013
the age of abraham has nothing to do with the wisdom of solomon. I agree you must understand yourself very well, emotionally stable and wise.remember you may continue to grow old and still stay immature.its not the age, but the maturity.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by sweetgala(m): 3:21am On Jan 08, 2013
donphilopus: I know-of a woman whose age difference mathematically is (eighteen) from her elder daugther and she lost her first son the marriage was 44years when she los+ her hosband der was no case of disorce b4 her hosband death althogh he married 7wifes b4 his death i'm in support of early marriage because of d state of Hocus-pocus,Razzle-dazzle and
Razzmatazz

He married 7 wives before he kicked it and you claim all is well. Do you know the state of affairs in that home. Ile olorogun as Yoruba will say.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by sweetgala(m): 3:28am On Jan 08, 2013
byvan: Marry when you find the "one".Marriage doesn't guarantee you anything,not even the most sought after"children".Marry because you find that special person whose heart is in sync with yours and thAt you are ready to be with only that person 4 the rest of your life.It is great when you find love young.I did it young and am glad I did.Each time I look my self in the mirror,I can hardly believe that the kids yelling mummy in the background actually came from me.Do you know the feeling when you walk into a bank ,looking like a regular cool 20sumtin years old with your kids tagging along and " mummying"you all over?Chai!!!!the look of dissappointment in the eyes of the young men,Oh!! the envious eyes of the ladies when you ve got kids and your abs are still tight.

Don't get me started on the benefits of marrying a young man,that will require a thread of its own .Abeg,if u must marry,try do am eArlyooo,with the one that makes your heart dance Alingo!!!

You don't lie, if I see kids running after you small vex will develop in me as to why a young man can just use style to steal beautiful fish from the river.
I personally see no reason to marry young, I see my married friends or ones with kids and I don't envy the added responsibility that comes at the age when one needs to enjoy to the fullest without limitations.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Emperor5c(m): 3:29am On Jan 08, 2013
Dis z 03:29am..una no dey sleep??
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Vansnickers: 3:33am On Jan 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by ibnquasale(m): 4:16am On Jan 08, 2013
in demography class those days, we were made to understand that any marriage after the age of 21 for ladies is a late marriage!

Source: World Health Organisation
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Originalsly: 5:46am On Jan 08, 2013
I do believe people should marry....and have children when young. Guys normally mature later than girls so I guess marrying young for a guy would be around age 25 and a girl 21.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by whitecaleb2010: 6:18am On Jan 08, 2013
Wow, matured minds still flows here. Generalising the opinions here shows that early marriage is prefered most. Mehh lets follow the vanguard for early marriage..
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by whitecaleb2010: 6:24am On Jan 08, 2013
Pls, i need a matured answer to this question. Does same age ( guy 28yrs and girl 28yrs) really counts in marriage?
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Apex051(m): 6:25am On Jan 08, 2013
Marriage has noting to do wt age but Maturity of mind, I married early and till today am happy I do that, for the past eight years nw nobody has ever help settle misunderstandin in our house but that doesn't means we dnt disagree but will settle it within and with ease even after marriage is when I learn how to control my emotion better and save better not because of any other thin than my sense of responsibility keep on developin than when am still single thinking on meriment and enjoyment of life, wich mak me live a carefree and dangerous life but nw me never can I live such life again even am plan to be an ambassador of early marriage to my God given, lovely children

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Shevmaen(m): 6:34am On Jan 08, 2013
Early marriage makes sense when You know it that you're capable of tackling whatever that comes your way by God's grace not by your Power. Marrying at 49 doesn't mean there won't be issues. It's only God that can help
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Trottle: 6:40am On Jan 08, 2013
SimonAndal: NO!!! I don't even believe in marriage, so the age, or lack thereof, shouldn't even come into question. SAY NO TO MARRIAGE! SAVE YOUR DAUGHTERS' VIRGINITY!!

this message is brought to you by the federal ministry of islamic affairs.
_

another jobless anti-social animal who told u that islam does not support marriage................. Its senseless talking to u sef mtchewww................................ angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Florena(f): 7:53am On Jan 08, 2013
my bf was lik tellin me one day dat he went 2 d bank and there is dis man standin behind him, he said d man is friendly, playin wit everyone, then d man said 2 him, re u married?, (he said he was surprised because he was just 23 then) he replied d man NO. Then d man started preachin, dat d earlier d better, he just ignore d conversation and he moved on. My main point is dat nw hes 30, he is nw regrettin it, he nw see d advantages of early marraige.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 8:15am On Jan 08, 2013
yea i do, my dad married 21 and gave birth to my elder bro at 23. me,my dad and my bro all look like fwends and pple are always tripping alot abt our relationship....am finking of getting married b4 am 25 at most so help me GOD....
NW my take on d topic gangan i think it gud to marry young and forget d age barrier issh.most old men in my area are lovely xmaple of early marriage dey play like best fwends and their grandkids are even grown up.i think early marriage help couples to understand each other well and gives rum 4 longterm plans.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Pvictor10(m): 8:23am On Jan 08, 2013
cantell:
Age is not just a number when it comes to marriage. Marriage is for mature minds and age has a lot to do with maturity.
A man should be at least 28yrs old(minimum) before he can think of marriage. For a woman, as long as she's passed the teen age stage, she's good to go.
Pastor Adeboye married at 25, the marriage is still a testimony. It depends on your mind maturity, not your body.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by jennysmart: 8:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Marrying young or old depends on d mindset of the individual.if u think u r matured enough then its no big deal.As for me am still single but I wish to marry @ 23 or 24 den my hubby should v atleast attained d Age of 30.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by mkoabiola: 8:30am On Jan 08, 2013
casket: Like this right ? lipsrsealed
Woooow, ds shud b 1 of d. Youngest couple?
How ar dey?
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by MissOpe(f): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2013
Brand_new:
I'm not really against marrying at a young age so long as the individuals involved are matured and emotionally stable enough to embark on such a lifetime journey.

Like you rightly said, age is just a number.

If Age is just a number can u marry @ 55 or 60? Just asking
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 08, 2013
ifyalways: Must everyone marry?

Marry @ 20 divorce @ 40 or marry @ 40 divorce @ 60, love is when and where you find it.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by F00028: 9:17am On Jan 08, 2013
djeezy: By young I mean under 25. Someone I know asserted that it is a bad idea and that young marriages do not last and hence contributes immensely to 60% divorce rate....

98% of people just manufacture statistics on the spot. wink

what I know is that my parent's generation al married young. fathers in their twenties, mothers, early teens. 30 - 40 years later they are still together.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 08, 2013
whitecaleb2010: Pls, i need a matured answer to this question. Does same age ( guy 28yrs and girl 28yrs) really counts in marriage?
guy make u no try am o, u go weep tire all the days of ur life, apart from that, its a very fastidious recipe for high BP cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Truckpusher(m): 9:26am On Jan 08, 2013
Omogbhollahorn: yea i do, my dad married 21 and gave birth to my elder bro at 23. me,my dad and my bro all look like fwends and pple are always tripping alot abt our relationship....am finking of getting married b4 am 25 at most so help me GOD....
NW my take on d topic gangan i think it gud to marry young and forget d age barrier issh.most old men in my area are lovely xmaple of early marriage dey play like best fwends and their grandkids are even grown up.i think early marriage help couples to understand each other well and gives rum 4 longterm plans.
well said and I hereby declare you and Tonto Dike man and wife till death do you part.....
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 08, 2013
Yeah, I do...and by "young" I mean early twenties, for ladies..
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by afroxyz: 9:55am On Jan 08, 2013
nomsochris: My folks want me to marry by 25/26. Didnt really buy the idea till my dad sat me down nd talked to me...stating reasons i find true nd reasonable. They say i can choose whom so ever i please so long she understands nd speaks my language nd i dnt have to spend a dime on the wedding. All i have to do is just choose the lady nd show up on the d day... i get a little bit nervous whenever i think of this, trying to take my time tho.
So if she does not speak ur language, you would not choose her?
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Fadelex(m): 10:25am On Jan 08, 2013
marrying early is a good thing especially when you have basic things...like good job or potentials, a ride, able to pay your rent, able to feed 4 people(takin visitors into consideration), then if u'r physically, emotionally and spiritually matured... For man i wil say 26-27 for ladies 22-24 is okay... It could be disastrous if u choose wrongly cuz to marry wrongly is to start life wrongly....
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by abdulkayus(m): 10:26am On Jan 08, 2013
Wen u are financially and emotionally ok, its good to marry early. Bt 9ja situation make ppl to marry late esp us in d south. I intend to marry at 25 or 26 years, bt here am i, almost 26, graduate, jobless, and babeless. I hav nw shift my plan to atleast 28 years.
Sincerely, i wish to marry early, cos of d kids. U will be able to train dem wel. U will still be young wen dey wil be finishing their uni.
CIAO

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Saintsquare(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2013
Its good to marry early,but economic situation in Nigeria is not helping matter.Their must be commitment,understanding and love,in order for an early marriage to work.The fear of God should be the bedrock and foundation of the marriage,and if the guy is financially buoyant,then sky is their limit.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 08, 2013
sweet_gala:

You don't lie, if I see kids running after you small vex will develop in me as to why a young man can just use style to steal beautiful fish from the river.
I personally see no reason to marry young, I see my married friends or ones with kids and I don't envy the added responsibility that comes at the age when one needs to enjoy to the fullest without limitations.

Who said we flex with limitationswell, may be the kids hinder us a little but omo most singles no flex pass usooooo!!!!.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by jice(m): 11:47am On Jan 08, 2013
It is good if both parties are matured
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by danny301: 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
djeezy: By young I mean under 25. Someone I know asserted that it is a bad idea and that young marriages do not last and hence contributes immensely to 60% divorce rate. Howbeit I am yet to ascertain the veracity of his claim and on the other hand, many people say age is just a number. So what's your opinion? Mature responses please.

Marriage is for matured people however maturity is not the same as old-age. There are some 23 years old men that are more matured than some 40 years old men. Again in talking about early marriage, what is early marriage to somebody may not be early marriage to another person.... some people meet up early in life whereas others meet up quite late, a factor may also determine how early a man marries......On the whole let me say it's not too early for a man marry at 25 if that can help him to stay focus to his goals in life neither is it too late for another man to marry at 35 if that will allow him be positioned well in life.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by lordkpakpando: 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
cigar icon: Ya I so much blieve in marrying young cos 1 u would be able to train all ur children in school before getting old hence not subjecting the eldest one under the responsibility of struggling to pay sibling's school fees and also fending for his family.
I knw of a man who married in his early ywenties, say 22 or 23 but am certain his wife is just a year younger and they have lived hapily up till their late 30s and there was no case of divorce or the husband abusing the wife, their son will be twenty one by this year and at evenings u see the man and nis son playing badminton. U will need someone who knows that family very well to convince u that one is the father of the other, u will likely mistake them for old skull buddies who are catching fun.
Talking about age and all that, there are some couples who got married in their thirties and still divorced, why ddnt their age come to play? I'm not saying. That marrying in your thirties or early fourties is bad, all I'm tryna say is that ur age is just the number of yrs u have existed on earth and doesn't determine ur level of maturity, maturity of the body is diff frm maturity of the mind so if u think u can hold a family in ur twenties fine and if u feel in ur thirties, good for u and if I want it in ur fourties, its ur choice, what matters is ur ability to hold a family.

My five shekels wink
correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex During Fasting For Christians (RCCG) / Surrogacy Services Now Available In Nigeria For Intending Parents / Advise : My Wife Is Pregnat For A Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.