Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff (10750 Views)

Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / EU Condemns Katsina Gov Call For Opponents To Be Killed And Crushed. / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by olillywales(m): 9:28am On Jan 07, 2013
Wife of Katsina State governor, Hajiya Fatima Ibrahim Shema, has ordered the sack of the supervisory councillor for water and sanitation in Matazu local government area of the state, Hajiya
Hadiza Ibrahim.

Mrs Shema reportedly gave the directive to sack
Hajiya Hadiza Ibrahim, the only female councillor at
the Matazu local government transition management committee through a letter of “termination of appointment” dated 27th December, 2012. Part of the Letter which was signed by Bala Lawal Yaro, a staff
officer at Matazu local government reads

“I am directed by the Office of Her Excellency, Hajiya Dr Fatima Ibrahim Shehu Shema, to issue you this Letter of termination in view of your unkindly like misconduct and behaviour.”
LEADERSHIP reports that the sacked councillor and
the wife of Matazu local government council transition management committee chairman had
recently engaged each other in a free-for-all scuffle at the council secretariat.

It was gathered that squabble ensued between the
duo when the chairman’s wife allegedly slapped the
sacked councillor at the office of the LG’s director of
administration during a meeting to resolve some
grievances. Some local government staff in the state who spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity faulted the councilor’s sack insisting that there was procedural error since the directive emanated from the first lady.

When contacted, the chief press secretary to the first lady, Mallam Abdulazeez confirmed that the directive to sack the councillor emanated from the first lady noting “yes the letter emanated from the first lady’s office.”

SOURCE-www.informationnaija.com/katsina-govs-wife-orders-sack-of-lg-staff/

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 07, 2013
What do you expect from Vagabonds In Power ? From turai to patience to Fatima,I don't blame them,I blame the Nigeria political system that placed authority on never-do-well.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by vizboy(m): 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
What gave her such right

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Slyr0x: 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Sattie: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
Is there anything like Office of the First Lady in the Nigerian Constitution? Aboki won't stop disgracing Nigeria. All these LAMAS should be packed together & be given a name (Country). They need to live afar from us. Am fed up with them. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Denn(m): 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
technical foul

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
Am not surprised,it shows that our leader are power drunk,I wonder the constitutional right she has to do that.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Businesstools(m): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
vizboy: What gave her such right
I wonder o.
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by 2million1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
na dis small tin una d shout so?. Na Naija we dey so ooo, una neva see anytin

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Sattie: Is there anything like Office of the First Lady in the Nigerian Constitution? Aboki won't stop disgracing Nigeria. All these LAMAS should be packed together & be given a name (Country). They need to live afar from us. Am fed up with them. Lol.

Yes its aboki that is disgracin Nigeria. Hmmm
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
I use to get annoyed towards our politicians,until i won election in my school as the honourable speaker student union representatives,then i understood power is sweet,mehn if you taste power eh u go do worst.

7 Likes

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by ocelot2006(m): 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
The first lady has absolutely no power to fire a civil servant. this is totally wrong.
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by rasputinn(m): 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
Office of the first lady
One very serious misnomer
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by mu2sa2: 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
"Office of the first lady" - from which constitution did they get "first lady" and "office" for "her excellency". This grand scam is one of the incongruities in nigeria responsible for the country's underdevelopment. The official who wrote the letter did a good job, anyway, by naming/shaming the devil instead of using the usual faceless phrase " I am directed to inform that your services are no longer required...".
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by YoursGEJ(m): 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
impunity
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by stagger: 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
Easy case to win in court on a legal technicality. There is nowhere in the Nigerian constitution where the First Lady sacks a councillor. That woman had better cross over to Kaduna state and ask Mrs Yakowa whether she had an inkling that she would be First Lady on a Saturday, and wake up on Sunday an ex-First Lady.

Of course, she can cross over to Kano and ask Hajia Maryam Abacha how far. The house where her husband died is still under guard here in ABJ.

People never learn.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Makzylopez: 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
she really needs to be called to order.
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
And mind you this is probably just one of the many wives
How can a governors wife fire an elected official?
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Okijajuju1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
.POWER!!!

This is that point where he is to sue the entire state for gross misconduct and claim damages..
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Dee60: 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ran ka dei dei Hajiya! The feofles of this state suffort your goperment! carry on, in pact the feofles want you in Pederal gopment as pirst lady in twenty pipteen!

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by atikubaba(m): 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
speechless.what a lawless country.shioooo.
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by reechest: 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Emzybrown: I use to get annoyed towards our politicians,until i won election in my school as the honourable speaker student union representatives,then i understood power is sweet,mehn if you taste power eh u go do worst.
i can see u r obviously high on steroid if not mentally retarded....wen u wia speaker,did u have a wife hu terminated d position of SRC members in ur punny school...? Did u create such office... U definitly cant rule a community cos u've already nutured it in ur heart to marry such wife....naija will neva get beta so far as people like u stilw exist...nonsense....mtscheeeeew...
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by mu2sa2: 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
stagger: Easy case to win in court on a legal technicality. There is nowhere in the Nigerian constitution where the First Lady sacks a councillor. That woman had better cross over to Kaduna state and ask Mrs Yakowa whether she had an inkling that she would be First Lady on a Saturday, and wake up on Sunday an ex-First Lady.

Of course, she can cross over to Kano and ask Hajia Maryam Abacha how far. The house where her husband died is still under guard here in ABJ.

People never learn.
The courts are in the pockets of the governors - so u never know. Besides, the case simple as it seems can last 10 years befor judgement at best, but can also get stucked without a final decision - sadly, this is the situation in naija judiciary today.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by T9ksy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by ismhab(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dee60: Ran ka dei dei Hajiya! The feofles of this state suffort your goperment! carry on, in pact the feofles want you in Pederal gopment as pirst lady in twenty pipteen!
you must be an igbo man, igbo cannot write a good english, they are ewu.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by reechest: 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
ismhab: you must be an igbo man, igbo cannot write a good english, they are ewu.
dont start wot u cant finish.....E be like say ur brain dey shake cos u cudnt have tot of such a useless idea from an average brain....where r u from self?
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by reechest: 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
ismhab: you must be an igbo man, igbo cannot write a good english, they are ewu.
dont start wot u cant finish.....E be like say ur brain dey shake cos u cudnt have tot of such a useless idea from an average brain....where r u from sef?
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
If nigerians had sense to think well they will not just sit and be pouring insults on the web while this kind of things happen.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by abdul23(m): 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
Do they want us to start votin in first ladies or wat?misplaced priority.mtwwww....rubbish
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by aribisala0(m): 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
reechest: i can see u r obviously high on steroid if not mentally retarded....wen u wia speaker,did u have a wife hu terminated d position of SRC members in ur punny school...? Did u create such office... U definitly cant rule a community cos u've already nutured it in ur heart to marry such wife....naija will neva get beta so far as people like u stilw exist...nonsense....mtscheeeeew...
I tink he hap a gialpren who can slap and unslap any ferson or fersons who is rude to the pirst gial
Re: Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
reechest: i can see u r obviously high on steroid if not mentally retarded....wen u wia speaker,did u have a wife hu terminated d position of SRC members in ur punny school...? Did u create such office... U definitly cant rule a community cos u've already nutured it in ur heart to marry such wife....naija will neva get beta so far as people like u stilw exist...nonsense....mtscheeeeew...

why not engage somebody in a constructive arguement rather than talk like a mad man,for info i didnt support the action of the honourable first lady...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan, Kufuor Set For Obasanjo’s Reception. / I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh / "President Buhari's Appointments Not Lopsided" - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.