Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Issues With Golf 4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issues With Golf 4 (6990 Views)

Pls. Help,with Golf 4 / What Are The Issues With Golf 4 / Toyota Corolla Dx Or Golf 4-pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With Golf 4 by boazic: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2013
The rate at which so many Golf 4 owners place "For Sale" on their cars makes me question the reliabiliity of this car unlike it's Golf 3 counterpart. Please can any one in the house shed more light on the issues with this sweet ride. (Golf 4).
Re: Issues With Golf 4 by instinctg(m): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2013
well it may be due to its demand rather than its issues
Re: Issues With Golf 4 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/353213/information-volkswagen-bora

A golf 4 is basically a Bora without a boot.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Golf 4 by manshyne(m): 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
I'll get back to you soon.
Re: Issues With Golf 4 by manshyne(m): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hmmmmm....
Golf MkIV a.k.a Golf 4 is the fourth generation of volkwagen renowned golf series. And it has lots of electronic components, to the advanced world a blessing and to us in Nigeria, a curse.
You ask why?
Here's the reason: we are still in the colonial Era of Automobile repairs, servicing and maintenance.
A simple check engine light that can be checked using a 'VAS' is not readily available, so the rest is guess work, and if you ask the mechanics, all they will say is ''na electrical fault, carry am go meet rewire'' imagine!
The world has moved pass the trial and error method, there's no room for guess work.
So in simple words, the Golf IV is more complex to our mechanic than the sister, Golf III. That is why U see lots of Golf III on our roads than Golf IV.
I hope this helps?
CHEERS!

7 Likes

Re: Issues With Golf 4 by ziccoit: 7:08am On Jun 19, 2013
Those that own and drive this car should come here to relate their experience.
Re: Issues With Golf 4 by deathwing(m): 11:56am On Apr 21, 2015
Yes please. GOlf 4 owners we need your thoughts and experience. I am really thinking of buying one soon as my first car. Thanks!
Re: Issues With Golf 4 by kendy22(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
that car is not advisable to use at all,i had 1 bought direct from germany 1.6 engine manual to be precise,had some issues with the clutch,i changed bot the plate,disc infact evrytin dat has to do with clutch but no way,the car wont move smoothly under a hot weather, i didnt evn use the car for up to 2 months i placed it for sale. such a bad 1 for me

1 Like

Re: Issues With Golf 4 by DECOtech(m): 4:23am On Apr 29, 2015
kendy22:
that car is not advisable to use at all,i had 1 bought direct from germany 1.6 engine manual to be precise,had some issues with the clutch,i changed bot the plate,disc infact evrytin dat has to do with clutch but no way,the car wont move smoothly under a hot weather, i didnt evn use the car for up to 2 months i placed it for sale. such a bad 1 for me

Did you get to scan the car? I'm sure your warning lights on the dash are all on.
Re: Issues With Golf 4 by oluomad(m): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
? Someone help on this topic
Re: Issues With Golf 4 by francbadoo: 11:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
oluomad:
? Someone help on this topic
. Pls do u know of a good place that I can get mine scaned
Re: Issues With Golf 4 by mayor2013: 2:49am On Oct 05, 2015
francbadoo:
. Pls do u know of a good place that I can get mine scaned

If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522

(1) (Reply)

What Happens To The Petrol In Your Car With Mechanics? / Android 7.1 Car DVD System / Android Headrest For Any Car (tell Us Your Car) / BMW Mechanic Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.