Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,100 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? (1343 Views)

Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag / How Do You Feel When A Stranger Pastor Tells You Vision About You And Its True? / Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by pastormustwacc: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
One day, i took a stroll to the blood bank and did a free voluntary blood donation (as an attempt to screen myself for viral illnesses for free). And i have seen relatives of sick patients refuse to donate blood for no plausible reason - almost as if it was a taboo.

So, i am asking each and everyone of you, can you donate your blood for free or for a relative or for a friend? As a way of promoting voluntary donation.

Obadiah and the other christian leaders, i know you go soon start to dey quote bible stuffs now, like - in blood is the life of a creature.

And Jehovah witnesses, please i will advise you not to comment on this thread, well, on second thoughts you might. . .
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
Why not? To save a life!

But for Jehovah Witnesses and other occultic christians, they will use their supertitions and foolish dogma to say no.

The black community in the UK is seriously suffering from their own religious nonsense. More whites donate blood and register themselves for organ donation to help others. Religion is killing blacks.
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by OmoAlata(f): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

The black community in the UK is seriously suffering from their own religious nonsense.

I doubt it's due to religion. We just can't be bothered.
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
Sure I can do dat
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
Omo Alata:

I doubt it's due to religion. We just can't be bothered.

Blacks and Whites are the same. The only difference is where a person is brought up and the religion he follows. Blacks are simply more religious.

Further than religion, we have Yoruba/igbo/traditional ninjas like yourself that have this fear of babalawo and blood due to some superstition. Azzholes that wont donate anything based on some traditional superstition
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by CrazyMan(m): 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Why not...after all christ donated his blood to us. cheesy

Matthew 26:27-28. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

If christ can donate his blood freely to us for the remission of our sins, who am I to deny a fellow human my blood if he needs it to survive.
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by OmoAlata(f): 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Blacks and Whites are the same. The only difference is where a person is brought up and the religion he follows. Blacks are simply more religious.

Further than religion, we have Yoruba/igbo/traditional ninjas like yourself that have this fear of babalawo and blood due to some superstition. Azzholes that wont donate anything based on some traditional superstition

Why do you need to insult? Is your vocabulary that limited? I was brought up in London fyi and I'm still saying that blacks in the UK don't NOT give blood due to religion but simply because we can't be bovvered. Same reason why most of us don't vote. You see, you can get your point across without insults wink
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
Omo Alata:

Why do you need to insult? Is your vocabulary that limited? I was brought up in London fyi and I'm still saying that blacks in the UK don't NOT give blood due to religion but simply because we can't be bovvered. Same reason why most of us don't vote. You see, you can get your point across without insults wink

angry angry angry angry angry

Sorry. I just know that you are one of those people who dont donate shytt and it pisses me off angry
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by OmoAlata(f): 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

angry angry angry angry angry

Sorry. I just know that you are one of those people who dont donate shytt and it pisses me off angry

Go boil your head lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
Omo Alata:

Go boil your head lipsrsealed

cheesy
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
i will sell my blood to anyone who wants to buy it. also my right kidney.
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
i will sell my blood to anyone who wants to buy it. also my right kidney.

What does your religion say about donating blood and organs?
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

What does your religion say about donating blood and organs?

doesnt say anything. i doubt they even donated body parts back then. . undecided

anyways why would my religion say anything about this matter it is a religion. only spiritual stuffs. these material things hardly matter.
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

doesnt say anything. i doubt they even donated body parts back then. . undecided

anyways why would my religion say anything about this matter it is a religion. only spiritual stuffs. these material things hardly matter.

Sorry, I'm used to christianity. A religion that doesnt mind its business- it wants to rule your sex life, yor body, your mind, your organs etc

1 Like

Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sorry, I'm used to christianity. A religion that doesnt mind its business- it wants to rule your sex life, yor body, your mind, your organs etc

hhhhhhhhh what business does a religion have with all these rules, regulations, morals, laws, guidelines, etc. . i dont understand. christianity is a very hollow religion. it revolves mainly around these material things and playing with peoples emotions.

A REligion must only have Spirituality. this includes ritual,etc. .

1 Like

Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

hhhhhhhhh what business does a religion have with all these rules, regulations, morals, laws, guidelines, etc. . i dont understand. christianity is a very hollow religion. it revolves mainly around these material things and playing with peoples emotions.

A REligion must only have Spirituality. this includes ritual,etc. .

A real black spiritual woman destroying an evangelical christian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGq_si3rYq4
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

A real black spiritual woman destroying an evangelical christian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGq_si3rYq4

hmm not bad, eh?

many of her views are exactly mine.
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

hmm not bad, eh?

many of her views are exactly mine.

I just wish more blacks were more spiritual than religious.
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Yooguyz: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
pastormustwacc: One day, i took a stroll to the blood bank and did a free voluntary blood donation (as an attempt to screen myself for viral illnesses for free). And i have seen relatives of sick patients refuse to donate blood for no plausible reason - almost as if it was a taboo.

So, i am asking each and everyone of you, can you donate your blood for free or for a relative or for a friend? As a way of promoting voluntary donation.

Obadiah and the other christian leaders, i know you go soon start to dey quote bible stuffs now, like - in blood is the life of a creature.

And Jehovah witnesses, please i will advise you not to comment on this thread, well, on second thoughts you might. . .
manmustwacc what is this doing in the religious section if i may ask? I think the title should be modified to suit this section
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
I've done it before and I'd do it again. And I've only ever done it to help people, not to get a free HIV and Hep B screening. The only thing I'm religious about is using condoms so I know I dont have HIV.

Lots of people are going to come on this thread and claim that they'll happily donate. But when their neighbour gets hit by a danfo bus and needs blood, they'll start stammering and giving excuses. If you're such a good Christian/Muslim how come you've never strolled down to the nearest general hospital to donate blood?

There's too many hypocrites among the religious people. All talk and no action.

1 Like

Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by pastormustwacc: 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yooguyz: manmustwacc what is this doing in the religious section if i may ask? I think the title should be modified to suit this section
Ordinarily, this should not be in religious section. And i intentionally did not put any bible anything, because this cuts across all religions and non-religions. But in Nigeria, blood is very tied to occult and religion too.

Okay, let us make the thread more religious, christians from different denominations, muslims too, what does your church/mosque doctrines say about blood donations?
Only the Jehovah witnesses one seem clear to me, others are neither here nor there.
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

I just wish more blacks were more spiritual than religious.

Religion is supposed to be Spiriuality! do you know that
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Religion is supposed to be Spiriuality! do you know that

How would I know that? I am ex-christian atheist from a dogmatic religion
Re: Can You Donate Blood For A Stranger? by benodic: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
My religion teaches me to give love and service to all life and this of course includes donating my blood to save life. Which i have done when the occassion called for it and i was available.

(1) (Reply)

Leave Adam And Eve Alone! / Satan / Can You Explain This? (Bible Scholars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.