Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS (1829 Views)

Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail / Richest State In Nigeria 2013 Is Lagos; Sokoto Is The Poorest-see Lists. / Bayelsa State Is The Richest State, Oyo state Is The Poorest State In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by Enegod(m): 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Information obtained on the
National Bureau of Statistics
(NBS) website
reveals that Sokoto is the poorest
state in Nigeia.
According to reports, the
northern state has 81.2 per cent
poverty rate. Next on the list is
Katsina with 74.5 per cent;
Adamawa, 74.2 per cent; Gombe,
74.2 per cent; Jigawa, 74.1 per
cent; Plateau, 74.1 per cent;
Ebonyi, 73.6 per cent; Bauchi, 73
per cent; Kebbi, 72 per cent and
Zamfara, 70.8 per cent.
The record showed that poverty
was more prevalent in the North
as states with the lowest poverty
rate was Niger with 33.8 per
cent, followed by Osun with 37.9
per cent and Ondo with 45.7 per
cent.
Bayelsa State with 47 per cent
and Lagos State, 48.6 per cent.
The average poverty rate of the
states in the North-west
geopolitical zone remained the
highest at 71.4 per cent followed
by North-east 69.1 per cent and
North-central, 60.7 per cent.
The South-west was less hit with
poverty with an average of 49.8
per cent, followed by South-
south, 55.5 per cent and South-
east, 59.5 per cent.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by fkaz(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin
South west lead, others follow,
You want to know the secret?

Education
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by Enegod(m): 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
fkaz: grin grin grin grin

Education
I think how safe the place is, is the main factor here.because it attracts investors unlike the north that isn't safe
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by geeez: 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
The west is where the money is. Everywhere else is a waste grin
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by babapupa: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
But our resident chest beaters are always beating their chests and telling us that their villages have the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria, but they actually have the highest numbers in Nigeria.

Smh....
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by Enegod(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
geeez: The west is where the money is. Everywhere else is a waste grin
because you haven't travelled out from there...it is possible you are a waste

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by juman(m): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
One nigeria is drawing the country back.

One nigeria is the country biggest problem.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by Enegod(m): 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
juman: One nigeria is drawing the country back.

One nigeria is the country biggest problem.
i think it's bad governace

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by ektbear: 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
Poverty rate != wealth, right?
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by FreeGlobe(f): 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
The original thread here, https://www.nairaland.com/1152887/sokoto-katsina-top-list-poor

why are the bigots running from it grin grin

This thread should be locked
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by OsunOriginal: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
Enegod: I think how safe the place is, is the main factor here.because it attracts investors unlike the north that isn't safe

And in the east/SS the fear of kidnapping is chasing investors away as well.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by ikeyman00(m): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
@@@

eyaoo

but we keep asking oga fash and his agberos in nl where does all the money go
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by Enegod(m): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
ekt_bear: Poverty rate != wealth, right?
ekt_bear's formula..
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by lagcity(m): 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
SW offers the best in safety and return on investment. Even US govt warned its citizens not to go to Northern and Eastern Nigeria. Some weeks ago, I said I was bullish on the SW, esp with the set of governors in the region. I was right!
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by abouzaid: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
fkaz: grin grin grin grin

Education
the secret is the foreign investment u stole during the indigenization degree by awolowo besides, do you really believe this stats? It looks like what u get from a country locked in over 30yrs of civil war. I did my service in niger state last yr and i found it difficult to believe that a state with so much beggars, almajiri and mud living subsistent farmers with out electricity have the least poverty rate. The elections took me to places that none of you would recognise as nigeria. Poverty is too visible there for me to believe they are the least poverty stricken. Forget education cos they have none. Ask the coppers that taught at their poly, coe and uni. Forget the secondary schools.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by Arsenate(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2013
U need to see the living condition of ordinary lagosians...very terrible. Queuing up under the sun for hours waiting for BRT, family of 10 living in a room apartment cos rents are damnn expensive. Only few people are actually enjoying lagos and these statistics is definitely misleading. U are better off with Ten thousand naira in most states of the federation than thirty thousand naira in lagos. The ordinary poor lagosian has the worst quality of life in the country, imho. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by lagcity(m): 12:57am On Jan 08, 2013
abouzaid: the secret is the foreign investment u stole during the indigenization degree by awolowo besides, do you really believe this stats? It looks like what u get from a country locked in over 30yrs of civil war. I did my service in niger state last yr and i found it difficult to believe that a state with so much beggars, almajiri and mud living subsistent farmers with out electricity have the least poverty rate. The elections took me to places that none of you would recognise as nigeria. Poverty is too visible there for me to believe they are the least poverty stricken. Forget education cos they have none. Ask the coppers that taught at their poly, coe and uni. Forget the secondary schools.

there is no excuse for your failure. The foreign investments were paid for by Yorubas and other wealthy Nigerians, not stolen. Do you really think any Nigerian, including the great Awo, can steal or take over British companies and send them packing? don't be pathetic!
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by abouzaid: 1:21am On Jan 08, 2013
lagcity:

there is no excuse for your failure. The foreign investments were paid for by Yorubas and other wealthy Nigerians, not stolen. Do you really think any Nigerian, including the great Awo, can steal or take over British companies and send them packing? don't be pathetic!
if it makes u sleep better then believe it. Besides, the fact that u ignored the main body of my post to only put all ur energy into answering what is clearly a joking jab shows ur just another nigerian with an IQ of 69 or less. The main point is that the stats is completely wrong and does not reflect the reality we experience. Which tribe is least poor does not put food on my table. We are all poor and abused in this country regardless of tribe. The stat does reflect reality just as the last census result does not reflect the reality.@ arsenate, the poverty is pervasive in the entire nation. In the north, i saw little girls as young as 6yrs trekking nearly 2km with firewood on their head to sell in the market. If they are lucky, they make #200 and trek home, if not they trek home with the firewood on their head. Besides, i blame both the gov and the masses equally for the poverty, after all we deserve the government we have.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by babapupa: 1:23am On Jan 08, 2013
abouzaid: the secret is the foreign investment u stole during the indigenization degree by awolowo besides, do you really believe this stats? It looks like what u get from a country locked in over 30yrs of civil war. I did my service in niger state last yr and i found it difficult to believe that a state with so much beggars, almajiri and mud living subsistent farmers with out electricity have the least poverty rate. The elections took me to places that none of you would recognise as nigeria. Poverty is too visible there for me to believe they are the least poverty stricken. Forgeet education cos they have none. Ask the coppers that taught at their poly, coe and uni. Forget the secondary schools.

You people say all the time that you're the smartest, you are the brain box, you're Jews, you're Japanese, you're industrious, you own the whole of Nigeria, but you are not only admiting here that you people failed, you're are blaming your failure and incompetence as a society on some 40 year old tales, you're are basically saying you are incapacitated and unable to progress 40 years after the fact. So where is the brain box? So which is wish?

lol @ industrious people without industries.....smh
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by babapupa: 1:33am On Jan 08, 2013
lagcity:

Are you minding them. They were busy doing boy boy for hausa people and carrying on with there hatred and tribalism ow when Awo the smart sage saw the future and built till today the largest industrial estates in Nigeria and west Africa, now they are crying about industries and making silly excuses. In fact, these industries were built way before independence.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by abouzaid: 1:45am On Jan 08, 2013
As usual the thread have been hijacked by unemployed,lazy and low IQ nigerians. The point is that no country at peace deserves those stats, nor do they reflect the experienced the reality. The awo comment was a friendly jab, face the issues.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by babapupa: 2:16am On Jan 08, 2013
abouzaid: As usual the thread have been hijacked by unemployed,lazy and low IQ nigerians. The point is that no country at peace deserves those stats, nor do they reflect the experienced the reality. The awo comment was a friendly jab, face the issues.

Call it what you want, ours is to state truth and dispel rubbish.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by dayokanu(m): 2:21am On Jan 08, 2013
SW is progressing some are hating
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by juman(m): 2:34am On Jan 08, 2013
Enegod: i think it's bad governace

nigeria problem is more than that.

We are still talking about bad governance after 52 years of independence!!!!!!

We are not meant to be together at all. We are not compatible.

One nigeria is just nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by abouzaid: 5:55am On Jan 08, 2013
juman:

nigeria problem is more than that.

We are still talking about bad governance after 52 years of independence!!!!!!

We are not meant to be together at all. We are not compatible.

One nigeria is just nonsense.

one thing that awolowo,tafa balewa,gowon etc all agreed together on is that nigeria have no basis for unity and to be honest with u, i don't see any leader in nigeria capable of uniting and progressing the country together. We are worse than hopeless. All the leaders engage in nefarious activities cos they know that nigeria can break up within a few yrs. Thus it's a bad idea for them to reject looting in a sinking ship.
babapupa:

Call it what you want, ours is to state truth and dispel rubbish.
and yet, u could not contribute meaningfully to the issues. The indigenization degree was evil and counter productive. We are now complaining of low direct foreign investment while we fail to accept the genesis of our failure.
dayokanu: SW is progressing some are hating
the sw have a poverty rate of 50% and u call it progress? Mumu the poverty rate have tripled nationwide since 2004, reason with ur head for once and not ur anus.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by toyecoach(m): 7:50am On Jan 08, 2013
Lagos the richest and southwest most developed...No wonder the PDP wants to capture it by all means while CPC needed to consolidate on Sokoto/northeast.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by Olaolufred(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@

eyaoo

but we keep asking oga fash and his agberos in nl where does all the money go

They go into continous effort of Govt at making Lagos a place to be, even though Ekenedilichukwu,PMT, Cross country are still bringing new people to increase the existing 18 million population.
Remember also that this same Lagos is having almost same population as:
(Akwa Ibom+Rivers+bayelsa).
You know this I presume.
Re: Lagos Is Nigeria’s Richest State, While Sokoto Is The Poorest – NBS by OAM4J: 10:26am On Jan 08, 2013

(1)

RAPE: Why We Defile Small Girls – Pentecostal Pastor Reveals / BREAKING: Ex Militants Back GEJ For Second Term, Say Oil Theft Must Continue / 2015-the Prophecy Is Coming True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.