Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics (18212 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Photos From Rehearsals For The Inauguration Ceremony On Friday / Did You Watch Tinubu At The Lagos Apc Presidential Rally Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by watchinglagos: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
Lagos is setting the pace
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by ypzilanti: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
sarutobie: Lol...chaii..nigerians..wasn't it on this same site that pictures(which I have seen with my own eyes) of monorail construction in portharcourt were called a 'white elephant project'??..because it is from SS region? *spits* the hypocrisy on these site stinks to high heavens sometimes..these SW goons on NL..if I didn't know better,one would think all southwesterners are 'two tongued'..fortunately not all of them are.....

The project in Lagos is far advanced. The project in PH is not.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by watchinglagos: 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
Train bridge

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by slimfit1(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
sarutobie: Lol...chaii..nigerians..wasn't it on this same site that pictures(which I have seen with my own eyes) of monorail construction in portharcourt were called a 'white elephant project'??..because it is from SS region? *spits* the hypocrisy on these site stinks to high heavens sometimes..these SW goons on NL..if I didn't know better,one would think all southwesterners are 'two tongued'..fortunately not all of them are.....

They put their pictures there, you too put yours now or you need a photographer again in 2013. Seeing is beliving even if it is photoshop put it we will believe shekana.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
Parddie: I hold the opinion that most people do not read nor get a hang of the issue before commenting on this forum. There is nothing absolutely wrong with this design and the rail tracks covered the whole of Lagos. I think most people still have their okada mentality, where they expect even a train to take them to their door step or they are still mistaking train coaches for cars, since they most likely haven't seen one before. For my over bloated ego V.I people, you will take the green line and change to the red line coaches at the terminus at marina for your final trip to your ldear and lovely warehouses called airports where you will board your life threatening flights in your ill maintained aircrafts. Tell me as planned as Abuja is, is there anything close to what this man is doing? This man is transforming one of the most densely populated and unplanned land mass in the world. This is the most difficult job for even the best urban town planner in the world, yet this is being done in a world class fashion and and as a model for even the developed world, give credit to what is right and to who ever deserves it. Tell me any government in Nigeria, including the federal government, that provides world class 21st century solution to a century old accumulated challenges like the Lagos state government. This guy solves problem the way it will be solved in newyork,moscow, Beijing, carlifornia or hong kong. This should be an educative and informative forum, where facts are discussed and not an avenue for emotional outburst or expression. Rest my case .

God bless you.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by najoke: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
This kind news dey give all these internet mongrels sleepless night. Eko oni ba je cool

Viewing this topic: [s]achmed02, PupetMasta(m), feyiona(m), spymaster(m), KnowAll(m), TrebleChamp, geeez, cydophobia, miredia(m), Projectors(m), Hardfact, contact lenz(f), Phems(m), olakmarshall, AjCityOne, will.i.am, Arogba, slim fit , na_joke,[/s] Sincere 9gerian

as at 1pm the dude is still viewing,we are on 3rd page and STILL NO COMMENT shocked, guy u fall my hand.....Big time
Shame unto bad people grin grin grin grin

The fear of BRF is the beginning of wisdom for the pro RETARDEENS
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by stupor(m): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Lastly !

By the time this presidential tenure is over,I can bet that Nigeria's Treasury would have gotten so debt-ridden that we might have to beg from international Credit Clubs and offcourse the World bank.

And on top of all the Debt,nothing would be clearly pin-pointed as useful spending !

If Electricity,Power and Gas can be so Herculean,how can National InSecurity as that of Boko Haram not be a Godzillian task,not to mention others as Sound Educational system,Good Transpoort sytem,Social infrastructures and amenities,Good and clean envirOnment nor a gainful job creation Programme.

If someone is emplóoyed for Four years by an employer to fix Ad-hoc matters and after fôur years,he has not even shown his or her blueprints to achieving the tasks,what do yòu think the emplòyer would do ? Re-employ him ? Pat him on the back ? Or try his or her companions again ?

Absolutely no !

My candid advise to Nigerians is never to be afraid to say no !

PDP and their cohorts will Only rip Nigeria apart ! For how long should we keep being stupid !

No electricity and not even its blueprint and GEJ is already talking 2015,when we've just started 2013,isn't that crazy !

Much props tó Jagaban and the entire A.C.No team and family,Uncle Bola started this rail project thing way back in his very first campaign slogan 'IMAGINE' where graphic pictures of London type buses were depicted and shown as his plans,I believe today, we have boarded the BRT bus today or someone
You know has,same thing goes to this Rail !

It was never a vision 5050 that we'll never see !

Uncle Bola Tinubu said it has his campaign slogan'IMAGINE' where 3d graphics displaying 21st Century underground and Fast moving Trains Prototypes,and its all coming into Physical reality as Proposed and now Uncle Fashola is doing Justice to it.

It clearly shows that they meant business and are never sooth-sayers nor like 'Hagar the Witch'.

So if we Nigerians are not gullible why are we clamouring for failed governments like the present one again ! Isn't that meticulous and sarcastic !

ELectrical Power and gas has been airlined severally as high impo' way before GEJ promised himself and till now not even a signal of it,it shows that they are not meant to be there to do the job.

so why must we give a Govt.a Fifth chance for its only a second chance that I know exists in literary terms.

So as a Priviledged Nigerian who can read,write and think,can you please help spread this issues to those who cannot undestand the detriment of what we have been through in the hands of these wrong governments (PDP) and why the clamour for their re-existence must be totally Discouraged !

To fix electricity issues is like findind a cure to HIV-AIDS by this GEJ Govt and its PDP predecessors,the task looks so plague and forbidden to tOhem,more reason they can never fix it,even if given a lifetime tenure !

Uncle Bola Tinubu is a fine Politician with no alter-egos so also is Uncle Fashola ! And that's exactly what Good governance is all about.

Propose Project,Embark on it, Execute it and Divide it (share it as dividend) ! Simple and straightforward !

Much props to Fashola,his Team,his agents and everyone who supports the real Nigerian dream and not PIPE.DREAM.PROJECTS.(PDP) !

4 Likes

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by ogoebube(f): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
ba7man: I still can't see what fashola is doin in Lagos, the pictures are likely photoshoped. SMH for ACN propaganda. He should pay a visit to Delta state and see the great works the Governor is doin there.
Which Delta , the one in your dreams, don't be decieved, nothing is happening in Delta.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Hardfact: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hmm! Just hope not with the stone age kind of train in mind?
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by najoke: 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
ogoebube: Which Delta , the one in your dreams, don't be decieved, nothing is happening in Delta.

cool down, read the post very well and u will see the sarcasm, he is actually yabbing them and praising BRF
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
I can see the ACN goons are popping champagne over "commencement" of laying of rail tracks 6yrs into the 8yr regime of Fashola. Is this not the same project that would have been completed by Jakande in the mid 80's if not for the coup by Buhari and his gang?
Anyway, I send my felicitations too. It is better late than never
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by ogoebube(f): 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
na_joke:

cool down, read the post very well and u will see the sarcasm, he is actually yabbing them and praising BRF
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by hercules07: 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I can see the ACN goons are popping champagne over "commencement" of laying of rail tracks 6yrs into the 8yr regime of Fashola. Is this not the same project that would have been completed by Jakande in the mid 80's if not for the coup by Buhari and his gang?
Anyway, I send my fecilitations too. It is better late than never

Please go and read up on the Jakande project and you will see the issue started from the Shagari government, by the time Buhari came in, Nigeria was too broke to build the damn thing, can your GEJ please give us something like this as well, we just ask for a modern system say between Delta and PH.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by geeez: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
This is nothing compared to Enugu monorail which is completed and we are waiting for the governor to commission the project when he returns. The rail lines have been built and the trains running as you can see

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by najoke: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I can see the ACN goons are popping champagne over "commencement" of laying of rail tracks 6yrs into the 8yr regime of Fashola. Is this not the same project that would have been completed by Jakande in the mid 80's if not for the coup by Buhari and his gang?
Anyway, I send my fecilitations too. It is better late than never

knew u will not fall our hand......mmmmmm....RETARDEEN'S THEORY on my mind
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
geeez: This is nothing compared to Enugu monorail which is completed and we are waiting for the governor to commission the project when he returns. The rail lines have been built and the trains running as you can see

LMAO. Guy, you are too funny. On a serious note, this is impressive.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by TonySpike: 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2013

Jakande Administration - Proposed metro railway services. This is a much more expensive rapid transit project as it involves the execution of underground shafts and tunnels, about 200 feet and above, below the earth surface. It never passed feasibility stage, I think.

Tinubu and then, Fashola Administration - Proposed and flagged off the surface rapid transit project. The first phase is ongoing at the moment. It may have been inspired by the initial metro-rail idea proposed by Jakande's administration.

There is a huge difference between these two railway systems, although they are both rapid transit systems. So far, only two African countries have some form of underground rail services, Cairo metro (Egypt) and GAUTRAIN (South Africa). Underground railway system is heavily dependent on stable power supply, which is a big luxury in today's Nigeria. Hence, it isn't a candidate for mass transit in today's Nigeria grin grin grin.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by uchevalen1(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
world Bank Western African Project. Lagosian should understand that.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by stupor(m): 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
geeez: This is nothing compared to Enugu monorail which is completed and we are waiting for the governor to commission the project when he returns. The rail lines have been built and the trains running as you can see

Nice but Amateurish !

You'll dò well as a Scam and not a professional graphic Artist !

What is Lagòs's keke Marwa Tricycle doing in your Picture ?

Oh sorry ! I forgot,you were the one that drove it down tò Enugu !

You should be given an award for driving a keke Marwa of Lagos to Enugu and not for this your evil-geniuse and brilliant Photo-Tricks !

Jesus ! (Geez) you are Funny !

2 Likes

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Guk: 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
geeez: This is nothing compared to [b]Enugu monorail which is completed and we are waiting for the governor to commission the project when he returns. The rail lines have been built and the trains running as you can see [/b]

Bros, the Enugu Monorail is 3 years plus away from completion. The contractor, Transglobim Nigeria Limited & Globim Corporation, Canada only just advertised Tenders for construction in April 2012 (http://tenders.nigeriang.com/construction-tenders-in-nigeria/construction-of-phase-1-of-the-enugu-monorail-transit-system-at-transglobim-nigeria-limited-globim-corporation-canada/6704/)
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sarcasm seems to elude a lot of people on here shocked
Jakende was such a visionary whatever happened to Lagos after him that made d city such a mess?
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by geeez: 2:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
Guk:

Bros, the Enugu Monorail is 3 years plus away from completion. The contractor, Transglobim Nigeria Limited & Globim Corporation, Canada only just advertised Tenders for construction in April 2012 (http://tenders.nigeriang.com/construction-tenders-in-nigeria/construction-of-phase-1-of-the-enugu-monorail-transit-system-at-transglobim-nigeria-limited-globim-corporation-canada/6704/)

I am typing this from inside the train in Enugu now. How can you say it's far from completion when it moves 3m passengers per day? Nna be very careful
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by naptu2: 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sarcasm = a joke in which you say one thing, but mean the opposite.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Guk: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
geeez:

I am typing this from inside the train in Enugu now. How can you say it's far from completion when it moves 3m passengers per day? Nna be very careful

Great news! Fantastic! That must be a miracle considering tenders were just bn sent out 9months ago Can we have the pictures pls?
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Guk: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
geeez:

I am typing this from inside the train in Enugu now. How can you say it's far from completion when it moves [b]3m passengers per day? Nna be very careful[/b]

[b]3m passengers per day
You must be competing wt London Underground that moves 3.6m/weekdays! Where are the 3m all heading to by the way?? & how dare you ride on the train that has not bn commissioned by our Governor??

1 Like

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by topazjosh(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
ba7man: I still can't see what fashola is doin in Lagos, the pictures are likely photoshoped. SMH for ACN propaganda. He should pay a visit to Delta state and see the great works the Governor is doin there.
you may be right that fasola is not trying when the allocation is bn consider but are you sure you know what photoshop is?don't you know difference btw real pics and photoshop smh.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Guk: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
topazjosh: you may be right that fasola is not trying when the allocation is bn consider but are you sure you know what photoshop is?don't you know difference btw real pics and photoshop smh.

Bros, which allocation are you refering to? If you want to know how much Lagos state receives and how they spend it, please go to: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by sesanrota(m): 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2013

This statement av finally confirmed that u are indeed a paid goon only to discredit ACN achievements, well either 8 yrs or fifty yrs, that fact remains that, it will soon be operational and ur are most welcome to ride on it then......

1 Like

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by naptu2: 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
Josh090: Sarcasm seems to elude a lot of people on here shocked
Jakende was such a visionary whatever happened to Lagos after him that made d city such a mess?

(I'll start with the issue that annoys me the most)

1) Military governments completely violated town planning (particularly zoning) laws (approving commercial developments in residential areas, etc). Reason = corruption.

2) The LSTC (which had air-conditioned buses, free scholars buses for school kids, etc) was run aground by corrupt officials (coaster buses that were in perfect working condition were listed as being beyond repair, etc). Again. . .corruption.

3) Influx of people into Lagos which overstretched infrastructure.

4) The Federal Government owned/own properties/infrastructure in Lagos, but drastically reduced spending on these facilities after 1991.

5) The extreme unitary system that is implemented during military rule.

And a host of other reasons.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by aribisala0(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
edoyad: ba7man was trying to be sarcastic but to be honest the manner he expressed it could easily pass as criticism. Sarcasm usually contains a tinge of humour or the ridiculous, which were evidently absent from his post. Some Nairalanders here are known for condemning any projects executed in other states.

What he said is quite clear to any intelligent person who knows Nigeria. Those reacting show the level of widespread unintelligence and poor schooling among our youth. Funnily most will claim to be graduates. I wonder what the non-graduates are like. I bet you very few of these people have EVER read ONE serious book from cover to cover.Shior !!
To me, even bothering to explain it is sarcasm is a waste of time.Allow them to display their ignorance and to make a permanent record of it on Nairaland
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by geeez: 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
Guk:

[b]3m passengers per day
You must be competing wt London Underground that moves 3.6m/weekdays! Where are the 3m all heading to by the way?? & how dare you ride on the train that has not bn commissioned by our Governor??

I travel three times a day on these trains. I have friends that travel up to five times. How is 3m not feasible? We lead in the SE, others follow. Onitsha rail is also completed and its the fastest in Africa at 200miles an hour. It runs on a 50km suspension bridge and three underground lines totaling 88km. Where else in Nigeria does that happen? Yoruba people answer me
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
naptu2:

(I'll start with the issue that annoys me the most)

1) Military governments completely violated town planning (particularly zoning) laws (approving commercial developments in residential areas, etc). Reason = corruption.

2) The LSTC (which had air-conditioned buses, free scholars buses for school kids, etc) was run aground by corrupt officials (coaster buses that were in perfect working condition were listed as being beyond repair, etc). Again. . .corruption.

3) Influx of people into Lagos which overstretched infrastructure.

4) The Federal Government owned/own properties/infrastructure in Lagos, but drastically reduced spending on these facilities after 1991.

5) The extreme unitary system that is implemented during military rule.

And a host of other reasons.
I guess you're right, but one wonders if the military guys are anti-development or were they just mentally inadequate to do anything good?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Resolves Controversy On Successor In Event Of Death / Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps / Who Was Ezego Of Ihiala? The Truth About How He Made His Money!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.