Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,473 members, 7,801,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers (8093 Views)

Sylva Mocks Oshiomhole: What You Can’t Achieve, A Military Man Did / Yero Left Only N228m, Not N8bn In Kaduna Treasury – El Rufai / Yero Left Only N228m, Not N8bn —el-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by onomeasike: 3:51am On Jan 08, 2013
LAGOS—BAYELSA State Governor, Seriake Dickson, yesterday, said he inherited N4,451 from his predecessor, Timipre Sylva, in February 2012 and gave a graphic account of how his administration grew the paltry sum to over N16 billion.

The Governor, who spoke before proceeding on a two-week break, said the N50 billion Bond his embattled predecessor secured was also posing a challenge to his administration, lamenting that the figure would hit N104 billion in 2017.

Dickson made this disclosure while presenting his administration’s financial scorecard for December 2012, yesterday in Abuja. He said his state’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) would hit the N2 billion monthly mark by the end of the year, up from about N300 million when he assumed office. Dickson, who was represented by his Commissioner for Finance, Duate Iyabi, said 2013 has been dedicated to consolidating the achievements of the preceding year.

I didn’t handover to Dickson – Sylva

Countering Dickson’s claim yesterday, Sylva said the governor was not in a position to know how much he left in the state’s coffers because Dickson did not take over from him.

Sylva’s Spokesman, Dofie Ola said Dickson could not have inherited anything from the former governor because Sylva did not hand over to him

He said after the Supreme Court judgment, Sylva handed over to the former Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr. Nestor Binabo. “We did not hand over to Dickson, there was an acting governor who took over from us and so the question should go to him (Binabo),” Ola said yesterday.

The former governor is currently facing corruption charges with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, which last week sealed 48 choice property in Abuja allegedly belonging to him, although Sylva has insisted that he did not have more than three property in Abuja.

We will complete on-going projects – Dickson

However, despite funds constraints, Dickson assured that ongoing projects would be completed.

From the state’s savings, disclosed Iyabi, N1.5 billion was drawn to assist persons displaced by the recent flooding disaster. The flooding notwithstanding, he said Bayelsa was able to implement 85 per cent of capital expenditure for 2012.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/bayelsa-govt-shocker-sylva-left-only-n4451-in-state-purse/
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
I see
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by manny4life(m): 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
What difference does it make - whether u handed down to him or not, state account should reflect money at all times. Unless if the money is in you account. Although the N4,451 story is very untrue.

4 Likes

Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by wellmax(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by antontech(m): 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
When will corruption stop in Nigeria.We steal to enrich ourselves but we can't live in 2 houses at a time,we can't drive 2 cars at a time.this money has being around b4 we were born and will still be here when we leave.May God intervene in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by nairalady(f): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
what?? grin grin grin
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by aglomar: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
What else will Dickson say? Ever since Sylva fell out with Jonathan and PDP at large they have been looking for ways to destroy him. He (Sylva)definitely wasn't a saint but is Dickson better?

2 Likes

Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by dominique(f): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
I don't even know what to say anymore. It will be well with this country.
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
This sylva guy has done nothing others never did, he is just wayward with gej, hence this rubbish about him.

1 Like

Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Koolking(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sensational journalism. I don't blame the reporter/and or Seriake Dickson for this epic character smear, I only blame the incurable corrupt tendencies of our pseudo-leaders who make themselves gods and goddesses once they rigged themselves into the corridors of power. I also blame the naivety and docility of most Nigerians who even when they are priviledged to speak against the evils of these so-called politicians, they would rather play to the gallery and become lost in self-absorption.

I day of reckoning will soon come.

***spit on them***

1 Like

Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
#4000?! What the hell?! Dat lie is so wack..dammit! A common lg won't even be dat poor. Four toursun...!!! shocked undecided angry
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
Big lie, just to bring him down
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by yertyr(m): 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
Both are lying.
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
N4,451? Politics is really a game of the dead.
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by iamswizz(m): 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ok
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by lovabouy(m): 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
angry angry u self u 4 no talk

grin just carry dat 1 wey remain drink ogogoro

but if dem catch u my hand no dey o grin grin
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Okijajuju1(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
lies//////
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by siddiq202(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
JOKE OF THE CENTURY grin grin
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
What about the governors that left nothing but debt for their successors?
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by boladez(m): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
................ha, na lie, I don't like the corrupt Sylvia based in the CNN interview where he was showcasing his Governor's lodge in the midst of so much squalor. However it is a cheap lie to say Bayelsa had less than =N=5k at any point.

Did he arrive at the figure by adding the cash and liabilities? Maybe he just wanted the sensationalism or he read the wrong thing from his speech or he is too dumb to think on his feet like his godfather!

$k in a whole Bayelsa state account even a dickhead or dickseen will not believe that!
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by rexfada(m): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
Will corruption ever stop in this country? When a little few loot billions while the major population is living in abject poverty. Graduates are roaming the streets with their certificates looking for job, and they end up joini a bad hang cos of frustration. #Itire4ThisCountry
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by dederocs(m): 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
onomeasike:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/bayelsa-govt-shocker-sylva-left-only-n4451-in-state-purse/
this sylvia is so dumb,i wonder how they nominated him.
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by TableLeg(m): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
shocked shocked shocked Chai
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by 1025: 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
how much did jonathan leave in bayelsa account when he left? how many projects can u link to the jonathan's administration in bayelsa? did anyone listen to what the presiding catholic bishop told jonathan and dickson at the burial ceremony of azazi?
they are all the same.
did anyone hear what ben bruce said about the bayelsa selection that brought dick to power? he said it was a coronation.
shame to mr. this and that. kettle calling pot black. same line of criminal blood running in one and all of them.
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Hardfact: 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
This is MI - Most Incredible! Is it not same oil-rich Bayelsa I used to know? Someone tell me it's a joke.
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by drlaykay(m): 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Why is evryone here calling Dickson a liar.I guess u guys don't know how to detect lies.as a matter of fact,sylva did not counter the accusation against the figure.he only said he was not responsible.sylva knew the truth but he is only trying to defend himsef.maybe he(sylva) left N15,000 and the former speaker who took over the post stole the N10,549 leaving N4,451.don't trust any Nigeria politician,dey are all thieves.
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Leofric(m): 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Politics they say can be defined as the act of lies and denial....
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
GOD will punish you. LAIR
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by dridowu: 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
We will get there
Re: Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers by amlydave: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
It goes to say the state accountant was handed over more than the said amount. He better say something before a wrong impression is established.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South-west Has Largest Cannabis Farms – NDLEA / First Picture From IPOB Protest March In Onitsha.15min Ago / Stay Away From Zahra, You Can't Marry Her Buhari Sternly Warns Gov Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.