Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:01 AM

Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? (11133 Views)

Tension In Kano As Seized N315b Textile Materials Await Burning / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / Has Atm Fraud Stopped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by ambrosini593(m): 6:17am On Jan 08, 2013
Share the ugly experience you went through in retrieving it
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2013
ambrosini593: Share the ugly experience you went through in retrieving it
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by YuzedoII: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
^^^^^^ Modafocka, they said CARD not Money! Amam na ibu onye Ibo! grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
pleass edit your title. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
YuzedoII: ^^^^^^ Modafocka, they said CARD not Money! Amam na ibu onye Ibo! grin grin grin
Lol
Everybody dey tok where e holl am

2 Likes

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by djeezy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
For me, no it has not. I can only imagine how frustrating and irksome it could be when you're relying on the money you want to withdraw for transport fare.lol
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mine happened on a friday evening at about 5pm after the bank had closed and i was in a strange town. I had no money on me at all. I simply walked up to the security guard and told him i had to go in the bank and get my card. before he could say a word, i screamed "I'm stranded!!!". He took me inside through the back door to the lady @ the customer care section. She was about to say "Come back next week" when i screamed again 'YOUNG LADY, I AM STRANDED'.. She burst into laughter and called a male staff who sorted it out for me. Boy how lucky i was smiley
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by zangiff(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
yea...just report the matter officially stating the time and location, the money will be refunded withing 48hrs
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yes. I complained to the customer care of that bank & my card was given back to me.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Redmosquito(m): 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
One midnight! Coming back from library! Went to ATM to check for small cash!
Slotted Card in!
**Sorry! Insufficient funds**
Oya vomit my card na! O boy! the ATM no gree ooooo! shocked
I no gree leave the ATM sef! I pressed all the buttons, I hit the screen! I even used my JUJU and Incantations!
After about an hour of cursing and praying to Sango! KEEEKK!!
My Card just flew out!
But by then, Mosquitoes don finish my life! Everything wey I read sef don commot with frustration!

13 Likes

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by gen2briz(m): 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
WHY E GO SEIZE MY CARD undecided
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by slimyem: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
It has o...and na two hundred naira remain for my hand that day and i never even chop breakfast.
I went into the bank 2 complain only to have them say they'd send it to my bank's nearest branch after two working days and i couldn't even risk going to the nearest branch to withdraw over the counter with the small change wey dey my hand.
Suffer wire me small that day!grin

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
ATM don show me pepper,infact if I narrate it,I will start crying.
*sobbing*
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by jobaskia(m): 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
Just on the 29th december at a bank i was trying to use their ATM . i inserted my pin , check the balance and before i know i was debited for withdrawing 20k which never came out of the machine. It was annoying i was broke all through the weekend sucking
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by valdubem(m): 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nigeria ATMs dont cease cards, they cease monies!
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yes once and the security man told me to be patient that some bank staff will soon be there.

After waiting for about 10 mins they came with more money to put into the machine. I approached one of them and explained myself to him.

He simply went behind, retrieved some cards, asked my name and gave me my card.

That was several years ago on OAU Campus..
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Mrkolawole: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
Redmosquito: One midnight! Coming back from library! Went to ATM to check for small cash!
Slotted Card in!
I no gree leave the ATM sef! I pressed all the buttons, I hit the screen! I even used my JUJU and Incantations!
My Card just flew out!
But by then, Mosquitoes don finish my life! Everything wey I read sef don commot with frustration!

when i read this your post am laughing.. This your na joke ooooo God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by dridowu: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nope, so am out
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by denitro(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
undecided
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by surveycash(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yes. So?
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by lolaluv1(f): 6:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yes o.
Couldn't retrieve it because the atm card belonged to another bank.
They were tellimg me stories so I forgot about the card!
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by asala1: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
val_dubem: Nigeria ATMs dont cease cards, they cease monies!

Guy they do both o!

@OP My ATM card was retained by a machine once. It was back then in 2007 in Jos. I guess I tried to change my pin but was not successful, so both the old and the new pin didn't work on the card and it was retained. I got the card immediately from the bank but had to wait for 2weeks to get another pin.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by harlos: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
Redmosquito: One midnight! Coming back from library! Went to ATM to check for small cash!
Slotted Card in!
My Card just flew out!
very funny grin but you are lucky o

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by ochukoccna: 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yes and it wasnt funny cos it was on a friday evening
Had given my main squeeze to help get some ca$h for weekend spending but she entered the wrong PIN twice,it got siezed, so I had to lay low till Monday morning when I went in to the banking hall,confirmed my identity,collected it back&changed my PIN as I left the premises.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by bblacky(f): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Slotted Card in!
My Card just flew out!

Y u no include minion and him bros na.....

I laf die ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by LblaqueHaven(m): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
My ATM card has been seized before, it was an ordeal experience.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by anitank(f): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
2 times and i was dead broke those days
.....and the fact that it was UBA ATM machine made it a whole new story all together

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yesso. And it was so tiring enh. Twas on one of my lag escapades all d way from ido ekiti. Went to buy suya at allen jxn and used the atm on my way back to General hospital, ikeja. Twas after i got back to GH that i realised my ATM card wasnt on me n dat was around 10pm. Dammn - i knew i had left in the ATM as i took a bike from the bank straight to my friends' place(in GH). There was no customer waiting in line after me when i used it so i guess the atm just swallowed it when nobody was removing the card from its slot. so i went back to the bank n complained to the security guards who really werent much help. Twas on a saturday night and i had to leave lag for work in ekiti the next day. I eventually returned to the bank after like a month and retrieved the atm from customer care. Whew
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by presegsADESIDA(m): 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Not for once.

I get luck i i i i o o o o o o o o o o o o o.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
Just remembered, my card is still holed up in the belly of the beast. Gotta go get it tomorrow. Thanks op!
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
presegsADESIDA: Not for once.

I get luck i i i i o o o o o o o o o o o o o.

Here's why: grin

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Tunby(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
Slotted Card in!
My Card just flew out!
I don laugh tire.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. / IMF says eNaira and other CBDCs are better than Bitcoin, altcoins / Naira Appreciates After DSS And EFCC Raid Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.