Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market (3832 Views)

APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News / Bomb Explosion Destroys Ohanaeze Secretariat In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by olillywales(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2013
Twenty shops were razed yesterday at a
popular market at Ifeleye in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital. Goods worth several millions of Naira were also lost in the fire, which is the second in six months.

Director of the Oyo State Fire Service Mr.
Olukunle Gafaru confirmed the incident.
It was learnt that fire fighters were not
contacted early, but they put out the fire when they arrived. It was gathered that the fire started from a room in the market around 9:30am. Chairman of the Electrical Electronics Union, Feleye Market, Christian Umechukuwu said
the fire was caused by “human mistake” and urged the government to assist them.

Mrs. Benard Egwuatu said two of her shops were burnt. Mr. Lukman Owolomose said: “I just saw smoke in my shop and ran out to see what was happening. I saw people shouting. Before I knew it my store had been engulfed by fire.”

He said the fire started from the room of one of the landlord’s sons called Waheed. According to the traders, Waheed (a.k.a Labour) is mentally unstable. One of them said: “Waheed took to his heels immediately the fire started. We found out sometimes ago that he was cooking in his bedroom with firewood and bought him a stove”

Officials of the State Emergency Management Agency and the police were on the scene.

SOURCE-www.informationnaija.com/fire-destroyed-20-shops-in-ibadan-market/
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by melodyirish(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Azonto dance for me. Again?
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by ajayi147(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Mak una sorry oo
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by brotherlyn(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2013
Prayers are needed like never before this year 2013.

It is not theory ooooo! Prophecies have been spoken concerning it and i don't care
what anybody says about it.

Please, pRAY, Pray, PRAY!!!

God bless us.

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by mycoldsweat: 11:29am On Jan 08, 2013
very sad, my heart goes out to all those that lost their properties
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by melodyirish(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2013
cry cry wetin dis January carry come
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by nairalady(f): 11:31am On Jan 08, 2013
eyaa..sorry oo embarassed
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by born2boink(m): 11:31am On Jan 08, 2013
Wahidi ti Jo ile shocked
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by ajayi147(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2013
I don com second now,na first I dey go now
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by gbadexy(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2013
Cooking with firewood in a room?
Dats a new one.
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by bluestreak(m): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
melodyirish: Azonto dance for me. Again?
...but seriosly some people should be given life ban on nairaland. We're talking of tragedy and disaster here that has rendered some homes into penury and hunger in d new year and here u come dancing one nonsense azonto..because u commented first abi?...Jst prepare for law of Karma. Some1 else is also waiting to dance etigi...

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by bodejohn(m): 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mrs. Benard Egwuatu? I hope the popular satellite item shop owner has not list his livelihood.
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Which one is popular ifeleye market I live in Ib-city(ibadan) and i've never heard of it
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by calebrita(m): 1:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
olillywales: Twenty shops were razed yesterday at a
popular market at Ifeleye in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital. Goods worth several millions of Naira were also lost in the fire, which is the second in six months.

Director of the Oyo State Fire Service Mr.
Olukunle Gafaru
[size=12pt][/size] confirmed the incident.
It was learnt that fire fighters were not
contacted early, but they put out the fire when they arrived. It was gathered that the fire started from a room in the market around 9:30am. Chairman of the Electrical Electronics Union, Feleye Market, Christian Umechukuwu said
the fire was caused by “human mistake” and urged the government to assist them.

Mrs. Benard Egwuatu said two of her shops were burnt. Mr. Lukman Owolomose said: “I just saw smoke in my shop and ran out to see what was happening. I saw people shouting. Before I knew it my store had been engulfed by fire.

He said the fire started from the room of one of the landlord’s sons called Waheed. According to the traders, Waheed (a.k.a Labour) is mentally unstable. One of them said: “Waheed took to his heels immediately the fire started. We found out sometimes ago that he was cooking in his bedroom with firewood and bought him a stove”

Officials of the State Emergency Management Agency and the police were on the scene.

SOURCE-www.informationnaija.com/fire-destroyed-20-shops-in-ibadan-market/

THE NAME OF THE DIRECTOR OF OYO STATE FIRE SERVICE IS NOT OLAKUNLE GAFARU BUT O.J. KAREEM
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by Bolarge1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
calebrita:

THE NAME OF THE DIRECTOR OF OYO STATE FIRE SERVICE IS NOT OLAKUNLE GAFARU BUT O.J. KAREEM

NO! NO BE KAREEM NA WAHEED

Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by south4sure(m): 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Too bad. O
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by calebrita(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
calebrita:

I AM SORRY I HAVE JUST COMFIRMED IT IS OLAKUNLE GAFAR KAREEM.
SORRY NAIRALANDERS
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by calebrita(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
calebrita:

THE NAME OF THE DIRECTOR OF OYO STATE FIRE SERVICE IS NOT OLAKUNLE GAFARU BUT O.G. KAREEM

I AM SORRY I HAVE JUST COMFIRMED IT IS OLAKUNLE GAFAR KAREEM.
SORRY NAIRALANDERS
Re: Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market by lanrei(m): 9:31am On Jan 09, 2013
you guys are just funny why debating on the name when the havoc is done already, men ride on with deliberations, sha but i dont think those goods burnt was up to millions that much worth,because trust those guy men them as the fire was burning you can still see thier view in the burning furnace doing the rescue mission of thier goods, about 55 mins' after the start of the fire outbreak the bravado OYO State Fire FIGHTRES enourmously arrive in thier Red poetic truck.... they a quick professional job in containing the fire within minutes under the tutelage of ifeleye touts or guy men

(1) (Reply)

House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria / Arrests of Suspected Boko Haramites in the South and the Hypocrisy of Yorubas / Advantage Of Investing In Benin Republic. money Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.