Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

What Causes Menstrual Pains??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Causes Menstrual Pains??? (1424 Views)

What Causes Menstrual Pain? / Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. / How To Get Rid Of Menstrual Pains Fast, With This 5 Simple Steps.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
My question is really simple and I hope there won't be any mentally ill answers here

Some girls have pain free periods while others even have to be admitted to hospitals just because they are on their monthly periods.

What is the cause of these PAINS?
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
talk to your doctor!
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
Humble, the medical term for menstrual pain is dysmenorrhoea. The severity of the pain in people vary mainly due to differences in hormone secretion (prostagladin in particular) and also whether it's organic or non organic cause.

There are two types of menstrual pain:

*primary type

this has no organic cause. Its basically an exaggeration of normal physiology. The mechanism of how it occurs is too technical and unnecessary here.

This type occurs in young females when they start menstruation. However it lessens with age and most time disappear later on(usually after giving birth). And its treated when the sufferer perceives it as too disturbing or when it interfers with her usually activities.

*secondary type

this one has an organic cause. Its commoner in older people. The possible causes include infection(esp PID), fibriod of the womb, endometriosis, adenomyosis, cervical stenosis. These are medical terms,its left for the medical doctor treating the patient to explain further. Treating these conditions relieves the person of the pain.
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2013
centje: Humble, the medical term for menstrual pain is dysmenorrhoea. The severity of the pain in people vary mainly due to differences in hormone secretion (prostagladin in particular) and also whether it's organic or non organic cause.

There are two types of menstrual pain:

*primary type

this has no organic cause. Its basically an exaggeration of normal physiology. The mechanism of how it occurs is too technical and unnecessary here.

This type occurs in young females when they start menstruation. However it lessens with age and most time disappear later on(usually after giving birth). And its treated when the sufferer perceives it as too disturbing or when it interfers with her usually activities.

*secondary type

this one has an organic cause. Its commoner in older people. The possible causes include infection(esp PID), fibriod of the womb, endometriosis, adenomyosis, cervical stenosis. These are medical terms,its left for the medical doctor treating the patient to explain further. Treating these conditions relieves the person of the pain.
Thanks for the insights tho in ma case the pains didn't stop it just got worse
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks for the insights tho in ma case the pains didn't stop it just got worse
the age at which you first experienced it is a very important factor in arriving at the possible cause. If you're older and the pain is a recent development then you need to see a gynaecologist. You cant get treatment here until you're properly examined and necessary investigations carried out.
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2013
centje: the age at which you first experienced it is a very important factor in arriving at the possible cause. If you're older and the pain is a recent development then you need to see a gynaecologist. You cant get treatment here until you're properly examined and necessary investigations carried out.
u mean the age I started menstruating?

I was eleven
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: u mean the age I started menstruating?

I was eleven
no. I mean the pain.
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2013
centje: no. I mean the pain.
from that age but due to the fact that I lived in the village I neva told ma grams bwt the pain cz it was kinda forbidden.We were made to feel bad about our periods so that we kept it a secret
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: from that age but due to the fact that I lived in the village I neva told ma grams bwt the pain cz it was kinda forbidden.We were made to feel bad about our periods so that we kept it a secret
ok. It may be the primary type. But if its so disturbing you should visit a gynaecologist. Its subjective and it all depends on how you perceive the pain. There're drugs for it and never feel shy about it. Its a common complaint in clinics,so dont feel the doctor will think of you're wierd or something.
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
centje: ok. It may be the primary type. But if its so disturbing you should visit a gynaecologist. Its subjective and it all depends on how you perceive the pain. There're drugs for it and never feel shy about it. Its a common complaint in clinics,so dont feel the doctor will think of you're wierd or something.
I will before the next cycle thanks again

I know who I can rely on wen m troubled
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I will before the next cycle thanks again

I know who I can rely on wen m troubled
its ok. Sorry about the pains.
Re: What Causes Menstrual Pains??? by oluomad(m): 1:30am On Mar 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: My question is really simple and I hope there won't be any mentally ill answers here

Some girls have pain free periods while others even have to be admitted to hospitals just because they are on their monthly periods.

What is the cause of these PAINS?

Happybirthday sweetie!! We share †ђξ same birthday!!

(1) (Reply)

Doctors On High Alert: Mosquito Tests Positive For Chikungunya In Harris County / I Lost Mother Due To The Non-challant Attitudes Of Doctors / New Gym @ Palmgrove Estate.... Monthly Membership Just 5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.