Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) (3321 Views)

Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) / Searching For Fashola's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by hischoice(m): 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
Governor of Lagos State was at Orile, the terminus One of the Lagos-Badagry expressway to oversee the ceremony marking the commencement of the rail track construction.

Fashola didn't take his Chinko given fanta
But this...
The scramble for Fashola's left-overs

The Governor stayed less than 20 minutes amidst tight security.

Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by redsun(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Adults bahaving like toddlers just a drink that can destroy them.Sugared drink.

Chinese conquerers.I wonder what is stake for that construction.One thng for sure,a people dont develop by relying on foreigners to do their high tech home works.

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
redsun: Adults bahaving like toddlers just a drink that can destroy them.Sugared drink.

Chinese conquerers.I wonder what is stake for that construction.One thng for sure,a people dont develop by relying on foreigners to do their high tech home works.

I think they normally bid lower when it comes to pricing,and they dont have evil intentions like others ,who want you to continue to tell them to come back and do the same road many times over just to create a living from that project.e,g the Lebanese are milking Nigeria,they need to be chased away.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by abrat: 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
What a shame!!!
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by geeez: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
So?
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by ba7man(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
grin grin grin I can bet there are some Nairalanders amongst those people scrambling for Fanta.

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by redsun(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
olas2u:

I think they normally bid lower when it comes to pricing,and they dont have evil intentions like others ,who want you to continue to tell them to come back and do the same road many times over just to create a living from that project.e,g the Lebanese are milking Nigeria,they need to be chased away.

Yeah,it is a case of the devil and the deep blue sea.Maybe our generation will never see true redemption,but it could be a stepping stone for a better future for coming generations that might miraculously learn to take destinies into their own hands.

Whatever be the case,if the work is done and maintained,lagos will never be the same again.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
redsun:

Yeah,it is a case of the devil and the deep blue sea.Maybe our generation will never see true redemption,but it could be a stepping stone for a better future for coming generations that might miraculously learn to take destinies into their own hands.

Whatever be the case,if the work is done and maitained,lagos will never be the same again.

Positive thinking from you,I just hope they could one day set up vocational education centers that could teach what does lebanses do in Nigeria,because does guy just 2 year diplomas and come to Nigeria and become bigmen.And maybe Nigerians firms will merge to form a big construction firm that could also go global oneday
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by slimming: 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
Poverty on the go.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by redsun(m): 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
There is no global african company in the world.Why is that?because africans are not technical,nothing to offer.And why?i dont know.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
redsun: There is no global african company in the world.Why is that?because africans are not technical,nothing to offer.And why?i dont know.
po

I think the education is faulty,so many engineers cannot do anything ,construction is by foreigners,oil and gas exploration foreigners,telecoms, indians,Power supply ,Nigerians they that one,but no light.etc
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by feelamong(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
Chai! so the ushers were even brought in from China??

Naija!!
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by redsun(m): 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
olas2u: po

I think the education is faulty,so many engineers cannot do anything ,construction is by foreigners,oil and gas exploration foreigners,telecoms, indians,Power supply ,Nigerians they that one,but no light.etc

It is zombie education bruv.That is why the rogue leaders who themselves zombily educated,gets away with mass murders.

Common sense is the key to good education.All the creatures on earth have and that is why they able to pass on their genes to their young and survive.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by babapupa: 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
Abeg scramble and drink fanta, na happy and joyous occasion.

Eko o ni baje o
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by lagcity(m): 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
redsun: There is no global african company in the world.Why is that?because africans are not technical,nothing to offer.And why?i dont know.

I think in Africa, we really don't have that kind of marriage between engineering and finance (business). In America, J.P Morgan's finance married Westin's Technology to create General Electric. In S. Korea, Hyundai Shipbuilding resulted from the same kind of marriage. In Africa, a few people like Innoson do well in both fields but most Africans excel in either tech or business, not both. Also, the funding environment is not encouraging at all. If I develop a new technology in naija right now, I have no idea how to fund the startup and product launch. There are probably other good reasons too but this is what I can come up with.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
lagcity:

I think in Africa, we really don't have that kind of marriage between engineering and finance (business). In America, J.P Morgan's finance married Westin's Technology to create General Electric. In S. Korea, Hyundai Shipbuilding resulted from the same kind of marriage. In Africa, a few people like Innoson do well in both fields but most Africans excel in either tech or business, not both. Also, the funding environment is not encouraging at all. If I develop a new technology in naija right now, I have no idea how to fund the startup and product launch. There are probably other good reasons too but this is what I can come up with.

Technical education is missing.Iran does exploration refining and they ship the oil ith iranian ships.Nigeria exploration is done for us,shipping is done for us with foreign ships and then we buy refined crude into Nigeria and some people get subsidy for importing it.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by oremisussan: 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
How does one bottle of coke solve their hunger and thirst pass 30 minutes. Guess the drinks are not even cold.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mon-keys
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by goldfish80(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
See †ђξm struggling ƒoя drinks like orphans...Mtcheeew
#Ekoonibaje
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimming: Poverty on the go.

What poverty? It's not any poverty. It's just a grasping, ''I must get my share of the cake'' mentality on display. For any of those 'commoners' to have even BEEN THERE around the governor should tell you that a bottle of fanta is not something that would ordinarily dent their pockets.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by babapupa: 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
This is what you get when people don't know the difference between poverty and awoof...
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by lagcity(m): 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
olas2u:

Technical education is missing.Iran does exploration refining and they ship the oil ith iranian ships.Nigeria exploration is done for us,shipping is done for us with foreign ships and then we buy refined crude into Nigeria and some people get subsidy for importing it.

Technical education is the key. Surely the University system needs serious upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
lagcity:

Technical education is the key. Surely the University system needs serious upgrade.

Technical education is not respected ,so many people are not intrested.All those area boys need atleast one skill to function and help society.By the time e ticking will start or mobile ticketing for transportation does area guys will become a burden
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by babapupa: 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
There are vocational ed schools for Areaboys and 17 skills acquisition centers all over the state with thousands of graduate business owners. The problem is overpopulation and excessive pressure on available infrastructure and resources, the state simply can not keep up with demand. We need serious decongestion and population control.

Lagos state doesn't have the resources to cater to Nigeria's failure and folks from all over other Nigerian states affected by this failure. Even tax paying lagosians are not getting their moneys worth because of overstretching of available meager resources.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
babapupa: There are vocational ed schools for Areaboys and 17 skills acquisition centers all over the state with thousands of graduate business owners. The problem is overpopulation and excessive pressure on available infrastructure and resources, the state simply can not keep up with demand. We need serious decongestion and population control.

Lagos state doesn't have the resources to cater to Nigeria's failure and folks from all over other Nigerian states affected by this failure. Even tax paying lagosians are not getting their moneys worth because of overstretching of available meager resources.

Are you talking of tree plantin,atleast we thank God that one is done by Nigerians
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by babapupa: 11:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
olas2u:

Are you talking of tree plantin,atleast we thank God that one is done by Nigerians

Not every discussion is for trolls and clowns to participate in.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Collins93304: 12:06am On Jan 09, 2013
Hehe yoruba civilization on display, EKO NI NON BAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 09, 2013
babapupa:

Not every discussion is for trolls and clowns to participate in.

its obvious you were not following our discussion before you dropped your comments,you dont have the monopoly of words.The vocational school you spoke about cannot be compared to vocational schools in Asia where the people that have come to construct railway lines came from.I know the type of vocational school you think we are talking about,it goes beyond that type.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by mapet: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2013
I had once posited on the LG-Coscharis vocational school discussion that the essense of these skill acquisition institution is beyond the immediate-term jobs skills they provide for the jobless, but for the long term institution and larger scales of home-grown heavy-weight infrastructure companies we stand the chance to create in the future. What we see of the Chinese companies today were actually incubated in the 70s; it did not just materialize. Funily enough they even "imported" 2 key American professors to teach them the "practicalities" in operations management in factories, effeciencies in mass production and many stuffs.

One of my lecturers in Bskul always alludes the reason for the birth of clone vehicles like "Jinbeigh" brands to misadventure of great companies like Toyota to China. The locals had the basic skill pool, mass human capital and will to replicate virtually anything the top companies in the world could do.

China has
1. Launched Satelites into space
2. Built commercial aeroplanes....the latest works from Boeing has body parts of aeroplanes built in China
3. China (and India) have built their fighter jet planes
4. China have refurbised an Ukrain/Russian aircraft career and are currently building theirs from the scratch
5. Chinese have factories that covers virtually every sector..........

For all you know the workers in most of these accompanishment have not gone to any conventional University
olas2u:

its obvious you were not following our discussion before you dropped your comments,you dont have the monopoly of words.The vocational school you spoke about cannot be compared to vocational schools in Asia where the people that have come to construct railway lines came from.I know the type of vocational school you think we are talking about,it goes beyond that type.
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 09, 2013
mapet: I had once posited on the LG-Coscharis vocational school discussion that the essense of these skill acquisition institution is beyond the immediate-term jobs skills they provide for the jobless, but for the long term institution and larger scales of home-grown heavy-weight infrastructure companies we stand the chance to create in the future. What we see of the Chinese companies today were actually incubated in the 70s; it did not just materialize. Funily enough they even "imported" 2 key American professors to teach them the "practicalities" in operations management in factories, effeciencies in mass production and many stuffs.

One of my lecturers in Bskul always alludes the reason for the birth of clone vehicles like "Jinbeigh" brands to misadventure of great companies like Toyota to China. The locals had the basic skill pool, mass human capital and will to replicate virtually anything the top companies in the world could do.

China has
1. Launched Satelites into space
2. Built commercial aeroplanes....the latest works from Boeing has body parts of aeroplanes built in China

3. China (and India) have built their fighter jet planes
4. China have refurbised an Ukrain/Russian aircraft career and are currently building theirs from the scratch
5. Chinese have factories that covers virtually every sector..........

For all you know the workers in most of these accompanishment have not gone to any conventional University

That is the type of vocational school we re talking about,not tree planting vocational education and Aso oke weaving
Re: Lagosians Scramble For Fashola's Fanta as Gov Leaves Rail Track Ceremony (PICS) by Pharoh: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
Funily enough they even "imported" 2 key American professors to teach them the "practicalities" in operations management in factories, effeciencies in mass production and many stuffs.

Could you be talking about Japan here or it also happened to china as well?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft / ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ / Compare And Contrast Two African Leaders At UN Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.