Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? (2653 Views)

Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by deola1(m): 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2008
I know say oyinbo people no like am, but nigerian women is copying them, i no blame them sha, ur view
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by holythug(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2008
dem no want make dia breast fall. . .i tink research finds dat they risk cancer
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by almondjoy(f): 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2008
A matter of choice. It is not all about the woman wanting to stay "pretty".  Some babies do not even like to breast feed and prefer the formula.  Some mothers have difficulty producing breast milk.  Others have the babies getting sick from poor hygiene from the mother's milk.  Others do not gain enough calories to maintain adequate weight gain status necessary for mental and physical development. So what do you do? undecided

Bill Gates did not breast feed, and I don't think he act like a cow either.

Yes, there are lots of benefits from nursing.  But if it is not working, no need to sweat it. It works for some and does not work for others.  No need to sweat it a say!  You can only do your best for your baby.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by holythug(m): 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2008
i did
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by deola1(m): 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2008
almondjoy i think thats the point "Bill Gate didn't", one thing can u teach me how to insert quote, its not working for me.
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by Dreloaded(f): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2008
Not sure why any mother wouldnt, fastest way to lose the baby weight. well some of it anyway

Lol there was an episode of DH where this woman was breastfeeding her 4 yr old cos it helped her figure, Lmao cheesy
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by almondjoy(f): 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2008
deola1:

almondjoy i[b] think thats the point "Bill Gate didn't", [/b] one thing can u teach me how to insert quote, its not working for me.

Once you hit your reply button, you can insert whose post you want to quote by clicking on the "insert quote" section under the date and time of the post you want to quote. It is located on the upper right hand corner as soon as you hit your reply button.

You can do this before or after you write your own post.  Practice and if you do not like what you see--just delete all and try again.  It gets a little complicated when you want to quote others from another thread.  Maybe someone can go through that cutting and pasting. It took me a while to learn too.  I think there is a help section somewhere in the "Nairaland" section.  It was no help to me.  I had to learn on my own.  Just keep practising. kiss
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by ifyalways(f): 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2008
. . . .whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by almondjoy(f): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

Not sure why any mother wouldnt, fastest way to lose the baby weight. well some of it anyway

Lol there was an episode of DH where this woman was breastfeeding her 4 yr old because it helped her figure, Lmao cheesy

Please that is incest! cheesy
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by TheSly: 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2008
So that their Husbys would be able to enjoy them '' wink sts wink forever and ever

And to prevent it from early saggin. . init cheesy
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:24am On Feb 26, 2008
almondjoy:

at this rate . . . . i'll have no ribs left from all this lafter grin grin grin
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by Nobody: 3:45am On Feb 26, 2008
for the boobious ones, it prevents their breasts from being engorged.good to let out d flow, xcept dier husbies would offer to suck it all out.
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by deola1(m): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2008
better
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by deola1(m): 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2008
Good One
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by Horus(m): 11:28pm On Aug 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by Kanwulia: 5:09am On Aug 12, 2013
All about choice!
To breazzztfeed na by force?
Na woman get the breaazzzts. . .HER CHOICE! kiss
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by Kanwulia: 5:12am On Aug 12, 2013
almondjoy: A matter of choice. It is not all about the woman wanting to stay "pretty".  Some babies do not even like to breast feed and prefer the formula.  Some mothers have difficulty producing breast milk.  Others have the babies getting sick from poor hygiene from the mother's milk.  Others do not gain enough calories to maintain adequate weight gain status necessary for mental and physical development. So what do you do? undecided

Yes, there are lots of benefits from nursing.  But if it is not working, no need to sweat it. It works for some and does not work for others.  No need to sweat it a say!  You can only do your best for your baby.

You toooooooooooo mussssssssh!
ALWAYS AS CONSTANT AS THE NORTHERN STAR!
Say it again darling. . . . cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 12, 2013
Breestfeed for 3 months, stopped , as baby wanted to kill me. Suck too much and always waking up every 2 hrs.

Pumping didn't work either...my neck just dey long..hehehe
Menh, I had to stop and over to formula! cheesy

As I dey see the papa dey enjoy sleep, with formula....father also share in the bonding.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by bintudon(f): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
I breastfeed my babies for 2yrs
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by lilmax(m): 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
Foolishness
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by ladygogo: 3:53am On Dec 18, 2014
almondjoy:
A matter of choice. It is not all about the woman wanting to stay "pretty".  Some babies do not even like to breast feed and prefer the formula.  Some mothers have difficulty producing breast milk.  Others have the babies getting sick from poor hygiene from the mother's milk.  Others do not gain enough calories to maintain adequate weight gain status necessary for mental and physical development. So what do you do? undecided

Well said!
Re: Why Would Women Avoid Breastfeeding Their Kids? by ladygogo: 3:56am On Dec 18, 2014
Kanwulia:
All about choice!
To breazzztfeed na by force?
Na woman get the breaazzzts. . .HER CHOICE! kiss

Tell 'em hunty! Na she get her boobiez o . grin

(1) (Reply)

Which Tribes In Nigeria You Won't Allow Your Children To Marry? / Detailed Accounts Of Cops Killing Blacks In The United States / Seyi Adebayo Family Story ....part1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.