Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,311 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? (4874 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / I Beg You's To Join Me in Praising and thanking God / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Abujafood: 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
Just wondering if you were stranded and you are well dressed will you beg for money? What other situation could ever make you beg for money?
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Gambrosia: 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nothing,
I don pass that stage!
I will go on WELFARE f-O-rst!

God BLESS H-AMERICA GYARE! cool

Push come to shove. . . I go sell poohsie to one IMPOTENT NIGERIAN POLITICIAN! kiss
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Abujafood: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Gambrosia: Nothing,
I don pass that stage!
I will go on WELFARE f-O-rst!

God BLESS H-AMERICA GYARE! cool

Push come to shove. . . I go sell poohsie to one IMPOTENT NIGERIAN POLITICIAN! kiss

Remember Peter told Jesus he'll rather die than deny him, sometimes we think we'll never do something until when faced with an actual situation do we realize we're going to eat our words.

5 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by NnamdiN: 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
When it's any of my family members that need it.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Gambrosia: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
Abujafood:

Remember Peter told Jesus he'll rather die than deny him, sometimes we think we'll never do something until when faced with an actual situation do we realize we're going to eat our words.

Till then! kiss
If at all. . . NEVER FROM A NIGERIAN! OR AN AFRICAN!!! kiss

Lady 'Gamby' does NOT beg ANYONE for money or honey! Please, diarra 36 GOVERNORS-LOOTERS in Nigeria. . . .no need to beg for money. They pay $10,000USD PER/HELLO DARLING! kiss

Gba be! cool
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by greatgod2012(f): 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Abujafood:

did this happen to you?
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by slimyem: 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
Beg as in BEG?
God forbid i find myself in such desperate situation as to BEG for money or anything whatsoever!!
Never have...never will!
I'll take a loan instead!
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Only if my kids are involved , I will beg big time embarassed ,..,.. I can live drinking water for weeks on my own..... Baba God have mercy o! It is not my portion IJN!
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by greatgod2012(f): 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: Beg as in BEG?
God forbid i find myself in such desperate situation as to BEG for money or anything whatsoever!!
Never have...never will!
I'll take a loan instead!

thank you my sister............beg.......no!
I will rather borrow! Not beg!
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
As far as I'm concerned , Begging is the only option when all other avenue is exhausted .... only a socially inept person will settle for Begging when there are other open/endless options.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by slimchi2k2(m): 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
never u say never,depend the situation the place u are and the reasoning of ur begging,i have come across a lot of black guy well dress ask me for money
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Abujafood: 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
greatgod2012:

did this happen to you?

No but I m only bing hypothetical!
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimchi2k2: never u say never,depend the situation the place u are and the reasoning of ur begging,i have come across a lot of black guy well dress ask me for money

Well I'm not speaking for those shameless dressed up Nigerians with no priority....

I'm talking bout this bolded ;

Abujafood:
Just wondering if you were stranded and you are well dressed will you beg for money? What other situation could ever make you beg for money?

Part of OP 's question.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
I have taken loans from banks to go to school,buy a car,buy a house
Is that not begging for money? grin grin
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Mrsmansson(f): 11:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
It depends on hw much you are talking about.I have actually begged for money before and I was so well dressed.is not as if I didn't have money but I just needde 20 naira note.it happened when I was stiLl in school.I actually went shopping and I can remember so well I went out with notes comprising of 1000 naira note and I took some change for taxi.I just can't explain how it happened that when I was finally through with my shopping the last change with me is what took me to my school gate.I needed to take a shuttle to my hostel which was 20 naira.I searched and searched all I could see was 500 and 1000 note .i was so confused.I couldn't just treK and before anyone boards the bus you make a payment.when it got to my turn,i was trying to explain that I had 500 naira,the kind of embarrasment I received was horrible.the driver sent me out of his bus immediately.i stood for about 15 minutes.I couldnt spot any of my friends or room mate.I approached a guy and begged for 20 naira with proper explaination.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Abujafood: 10:22am On Jan 09, 2013
babyosisi: I have taken loans from banks to go to school,buy a car,buy a house
Is that not begging for money? grin grin

That's not begging for money you're paying back the loans are not free gifts.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by CrazyMan(m): 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
Abujafood:
Funny enough, I've never experienced such situation. I guess God loves me so much.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by greatgod2012(f): 3:14am On Jan 10, 2013
Mrs mansson: It depends on hw much you are talking about.I have actually begged for money before and I was so well dressed.is not as if I didn't have money but I just needde 20 naira note.it happened when I was stiLl in school.I actually went shopping and I can remember so well I went out with notes comprising of 1000 naira note and I took some change for taxi.I just can't explain how it happened that when I was finally through with my shopping the last change with me is what took me to my school gate.I needed to take a shuttle to my hostel which was 20 naira.I searched and searched all I could see was 500 and 1000 note .i was so confused.I couldn't just treK and before anyone boards the bus you make a payment.when it got to my turn,i was trying to explain that I had 500 naira,the kind of embarrasment I received was horrible.the driver sent me out of his bus immediately.i stood for about 15 minutes.I couldnt spot any of my friends or room mate.I approached a guy and begged for 20 naira with proper explaination.

this is exceptional!

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 10, 2013
I pray I will never have to beg.Borrowing is even a big issue for me.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by glimpse(f): 11:04am On Jan 10, 2013
On my way from work in sept 2009, i had boarded a bus. When it was time to pay,i checked my bag for my wallet, i couldn't find it there. So i beg the man sitting next to me for N50 to pay. He gave me N100 and asked me to use the balance incase i was going farther. I explained to him that all i needed was N50,he insisted that i should keep the balance. I thanked him. When i got to work the next day, my wallet was on my table.

I couldn't have walked that distance because it was very far. First Artillery bustop to St Johns bustop in Port Harcourt. Whenever i remember this, i always ask God to bless that man.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
shit happens sometimes and i bet it can happen to anyone

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by COvo(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
greatgod2012:

thank you my sister............beg.......no!
I will rather borrow! Not beg!
To borrow you must first tell the person say"abeg you fit loan me....". Just sayin.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
[b]There are many situations that should I find myself in, I will beg for not just money sef, a ride, food, shelter and even water... However, I pray I never find myself in one especially in Nigeria, as many scam artist have exploited the helpless stranger play too much.

One day, I was parked on the street corner waiting for my mum to come out of the shop where she was when this well dressed man walks up to me and begs for money. He narrated this sad tale of how he came into town for a job interview, how he ran out of money for XYZ reasons, how he was dead hungry, how he was stranded and needed money... I glanced at him and he was well dressed, so I pulled out 2000 Naira and gave it to him.
I drove off, dropped my mum off at home, picked up my car and for some reason I had to go back to that exact shop to buy some more items. To my utter shock and disbelieve, as I came out of the shop and was dropping off my bags in my trunk, GUSS WHO WALKS UP TO ME AGAIN?!!! YESSSS!! Same dude... He didnt even remember my face.. He repeated the same story again as if he was on cue. I was so shocked I actually turned shook my head and drove off..

Since that day, doing charity has been tougher for me. I once saw a well dressed man in traffic begging in Lagos. The man walked up to the car I was in, placed a paper flat against the glass and basically what it read was that there was someone in the hospital (LUTH) that needed about 5'k for drugs or something like that... (I cant fully remember). The paper was dated the day before (which was a friday) and carried LUTH stamp on it. I hesistated a bit, but this man didnt look like he was destitute at all.. He even had tears in his eyes and was kneeling on the road to beg. I pulled out 5'k and gave him.. This guy stood up, said thank you, flew across the road and boarded a keke Napep in the direction of LUTH.. I pray he was genuine because if I should find out he isnt, I doubt I will be able to help anyone who isnt in a 'HOME' ever again. [/b]
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by YuzedoII: 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
If Beyonce says she is sharing punny, N50,000 for one round, offer valid while stock lasts.... Ha! I will borrow money sharply o! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Chanchit: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
jidegirl12: As far as I'm concerned , Begging is the only option when all other avenue is exhausted .... only a socially inept person will settle for Begging when there are other open/endless options.

Thank u for understanding what the Op is trying to ask, some people commenting here think the OP is asking them to just go on the street and start begging, an average human being has pride, what will make me come and beg u for something when I knw u might go and tell everybody I asked you for a favour..? If not desperation.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
well dressed doesn't mean anything OP.
Not all poor folks are dressed in rags. wink

but to answer you question,
i can't say how, if or when. just know that i would have to be really desperate though. undecided
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Clemzy16(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2013
"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going." I don't mind begging for money if my family is in dear need of it.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by pyyxxaro: 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
IF ALICIA KEYS AND SHAKIRA AGREE TO GIVE 2SOME et BJ grin grin cry grin
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
I lost my wallet at Obalande and was so ashamed of begging, I ended up trekking through third mainland bridge till Iyana-oworo. I'm just that kind of person that can't beg.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Burger01(m): 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
God forbid and I reject that for me, my family and nairalanders....
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
Was once stranded in ikeja and i had to beg the conductor for a subsidised fare to sango ota.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
Burger01: God forbid and I reject that for me, my family and nairalanders....

Abeg drex with the religous bullshiit jor... angry angry angry angry angry

Talking as if anybody prays to be poor or to beg for assistance.. angry

I can bet you didnt read the OPs question or if you did, you didnt understand him..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Is There Any Remmitance That Still Send Naira To Nigeria Bank Account? / Ghanaian In UK Kills Wife For Flirting With A Nigerian [PICTURED] / Please Help!!! I Am Married, But I Only Have Sex 15 Times In A Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.