Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! (16593 Views)

Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. / Are U Obsessed Or Addicted With INDOMIE / BIZARRE! Meet Brian Taylor, A 45-Year-old Man Addicted To Drinking PETROL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Thereishel: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
This is what is killing people in America. The results are diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and heart disease. Please stop or reduce it soonest
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by odume10: 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
@ op, what u are addicted to is CAFFEINE not d coke itself, a friend of mine whose mum died of diabetes was in ur condition for so many years but he checks his blood sugar regularly. why he stopped was when he started having different kinds of problems in his system that are not even related to sugar then he decided to minimize it.
It has even been affecting his MINISTERIAL activity and we call him '1 star General' lol....
will power is d thing here , just try it!
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by vanstanzy(m): 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
U make it sound as though its a bad thing.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by trublu(m): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
please drink coke,i make a living from selling it.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by akino(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
movmentish:
After fear of not drinking coke,na fear of injection follow oh!!!!
Wat am I to do
u guys are just saying what u dont know probably u this thread is sponsored to rubbish coke and favour its competitors.
Yes cocacola contains sugar as one of d ingredients.its also contains caramel,phosphoric acid and caffeine.check d crown to confirm this. Health wise, if u consume 6bottles per day without lauch,there no issue at all.but if u d ur 3meal are purely starch take 2daily.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by akino(m): 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
odume10: @ op, what u are addicted to is CAFFEINE not d coke itself, a friend of mine whose mum died of diabetes was in ur condition for so many years but he checks his blood sugar regularly. why he stopped was when he started having different kinds of problems in his system that are not even related to sugar then he decided to minimize it.
It has even been affecting his MINISTERIAL activity and we call him '1 star General' lol....
will power is d thing here , just try it!
The caffeine content is low.far from what u get in coffee. Its content is very mild even on empty stomach.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by gulfer: 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
Try pepsi grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
Well i've been taking a bottle of 50cl per day for the past 16yrs and I think its time I stopped i too. Even when I was in the labor room when the nurses advised me to take something warm,I coerced my hubby to buy me 2 chilled bottles of 50cl coca cola and pour inside my flask to deceive the nurses. And my case is even worse that I don't eat at all,a bottle of coke per day makes my day. It became so scary recently and this weekend I made up my mind to do away with the habit/addiction. I went to the market,bought Zobo ingredients,boiled,packed and kept it inside the freezer. When I was leaving home this morning,rather than take my usual bottle of coke,I took a bottle of Zobo,but when I was coming back this evening,I felt the urge to take a bottle of coca cola and bought one eventually. But I believe with time,I'll overcome the addiction.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by akino(m): 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
Thereishel: This is what is killing people in America. The results are diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and heart disease. Please stop or reduce it soonest
Oh u ve been paid.Let me educate u.Diabetics is extremely close to whoever consumes rice with stew as breakfast,fufu and stew as launch and eba with stew at night.The quantity of suger(glucose) realised is greater than what d body needs.So consumption of all this without protein is dangerous.So what is d role coke is playing.In America,they eat junks(pasteries) and this has been responsible for obesity.what is more the glucose present in alcohol is 90% more than coke but some dude will beer is not sweet so there is no sugar in it.my dear,ur yam,garri,fufu,amala,rice infact alll starchy food contains sugar.prove wrong.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by CGKing(m): 7:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
I will tell u want to do. First of all, coke can never be good for u. So u need to find out what really makes u like coke so much. There r two things I think. The chill: meaning u wont like coke if it isn't chilled. The fizzy feeling n tiny poppings in your mouth as it makes contact with ur inside. The fizz is caused because coke is a carbonated drink.

Look for an alternative that is carbonated with less sugar or no sugar, chill it well and u will still have the same coke satisfaction.

While u r at that, u may want to get yoyo bitters. If u crack up and drink ur normal dose of cole, just down a considerable ammount of yoyo buyers to flush ur system. Anytime I get careless n tale cake n soft drinks., I make sure I go for yoyo. When yoyo comes in contact with sugar, shitt happens.

It really feels good drinking coke right. But when u get diabetic and u have to inject urself with syringes, you would think back and wished u weren't so stupid. It's a horrible life. Among so many other troubles, wounds of diabetics hardly ever heal. So a little cut or scratch from any object mistakenly can become a massive wound and sometimes can lead to death.

So wisen up now and start hating coke. Get yoyo bitters while u are at it. Don't be ur own enemy.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Michky: 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
martyns303:
lack of insuline cause diabetis and not sugar. SA folks drink atleast 2 litres everyday.
True. But am very sure you and most people don't know that its the excess sugar that causes low insulin absorption (what you call lack of insulin).
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by revelvis: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
The problem is not dat u r addicted 2 coke,the problem is wif d company,once dy increase d price let say 1bottle of coke equals 200 naira,u go get phobia 4 coke,ma man,more greese 2 ur rustin elbow abi u don hia say diabetes dey affect poor men,naw rich men sickness,kip drinking

eeh
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Michky: 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
Excess coca cola consumption is not only a sure route to diabetes. You also stand the risk of dieing of cancer, liver and other body parts damage and the rest. Yes, we're all gonna die someday but its certain that you'll make yours quicker.

Solution: stay away from coke and alcohol. Best of luck.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by AZeD1(m): 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Please help me tell him and others. Sweets things dey do plenty damage for body; bitter things do the opposite.
This is fallacy.... Diabetes is caused by sugar found in carbohydrates not cubes of sugar.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Michky: 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Didi Love:

Then i must say you obviously don't google with intelligence.
You speak as though you're the one with the intelligence. What in this world do you expect wikipedia to say eh? Check other sites and you'll know what harms sugar can cause to the body. You're on your own.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Michky: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
A-ZeD:

This is fallacy.... Diabetes is caused by sugar found in carbohydrates not cubes of sugar.
Chei, see ignorance.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Michky: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
rianah: Well i've been taking a bottle of 50cl per day for the past 16yrs and I think its time I stopped i too. Even when I was in the labor room when the nurses advised me to take something warm,I coerced my hubby to buy me 2 chilled bottles of 50cl coca cola and pour inside my flask to deceive the nurses. And my case is even worse that I don't eat at all,a bottle of coke per day makes my day. It became so scary recently and this weekend I made up my mind to do away with the habit/addiction. I went to the market,bought Zobo ingredients,boiled,packed and kept it inside the freezer. When I was leaving home this morning,rather than take my usual bottle of coke,I took a bottle of Zobo,but when I was coming back this evening,I felt the urge to take a bottle of coca cola and bought one eventually. But I believe with time,I'll overcome the addiction.
Yeah. That's the spirit. You can do it!

1 Like

Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by topsy1971: 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
Coke, sugary and starchy foods doesn't cause diabetics. Diabetics is caused by inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin needed to convert the glucose in sugary foods to glycogen. The body cannot store raw glucose, its poisonous to store in blood stream. There is isle of lengharham in the pancreas which produces insulin needed to convert the glucose to a storable compound called glycogen and stotes in the blood. At the time of need, say during physical exercise,Adrenalin, produced by the pituitary gland located around the neck reconvert the glycogen back to glucose and can be used for energy required. You can take as many sugar as you can think of, in as much as your pancreas is healthy enough to produce insulin needed for the aforementioned conversion process. Diabetic people lacks this required insulin level.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Michky: 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
akino:
u guys are just saying what u dont know probably u this thread is sponsored to rubbish coke and favour its competitors.
Yes cocacola contains sugar as one of d ingredients.its also contains caramel,phosphoric acid and caffeine.check d crown to confirm this. Health wise, if u consume 6bottles per day without lauch,there no issue at all.but if u d ur 3meal are purely starch take 2daily.
I think you're paranoid and very soon you'll be schizophrenic. Here's your wake-up call. Please visit a psychiatrist before your case gets out of hand.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by MANOSUB(m): 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Odunnu: Chei!
I don see person wey I better pass.
My own is Mountain Dew I take it with each meal. I buy it in a pack of twelve and I buy 3 packs each time I visit the. I visit every week. Do the maths! Scary?! I'm scared myself.

Goodnews! I stopped since Dec '12. From then till now, I havent taken mountain dew and Pepsi is the new substitute but I dont take it everyday. I've been able to control it.

God! How do I completely detoxify my system?
People living with high blood sugar are advised locally to take some squized better liquid. Maybe that will help you to balance your blood sugar.
NB: do not take excess of it so you dont get advised by a doctor to continue drinking ur coke or pepsi
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by Michky: 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
topsy1971: Coke, sugary and starchy foods doesn't cause diabetics. Diabetics is caused by inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin needed to convert the glucose in sugary foods to glycogen. The body cannot store raw glucose, its poisonous to store in blood stream. There is isle of lengharham in the pancreas which produces insulin needed to convert the glucose to a storable compound called glycogen and stotes in the blood. At the time of need, say during physical exercise,Adrenalin, produced by the pituitary gland located around the neck reconvert the glycogen back to glucose and can be used for energy required. You can take as many sugar as you can think of, in as much as your pancreas is healthy enough to produce insulin needed for the aforementioned conversion process. Diabetic people lacks this required insulin level.
I agree with you to the point i embolded above. What you don't know is, sugar from beverages such as coke will disrupt the system to the point of hampering the activities of the pancreas and other body constituents. You might not agree with me but in 50years time, you will. It is well.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by movmentish(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
rev.elvis:
The problem is not dat u r addicted 2 coke,the problem is wif d company,once dy increase d price let say 1bottle of coke equals 200 naira,u go get phobia 4 coke,ma man,more greese 2 ur rustin elbow abi u don hia say diabetes dey affect poor men,naw rich men sickness,kip drinking

eeh
So you can't afford coke if its #200
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by naijabigfish: 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
You are only courting diabetes. May God help kill your addiction.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by razznaija(f): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
Didi Love:

OK dear, run along now.

[img]http://ametia.files./2012/11/lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg?w=470[/img]
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by movmentish(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
Razznaija and didilove cmon now stop the fytn already sad

Oya two of u should com and drink coke grin
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by ogele: 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
I have stop drinking Coke n no going back to that decision. Life is Good n that's one of the reasons I want to live long here on earth with good health.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by akino(m): 6:10am On Jan 15, 2013
CGKing: I will tell u want to do. First of all, coke can never be good for u. So u need to find out what really makes u like coke so much. There r two things I think. The chill: meaning u wont like coke if it isn't chilled. The fizzy feeling n tiny poppings in your mouth as it makes contact with ur inside. The fizz is caused because coke is a carbonated drink.

Look for an alternative that is carbonated with less sugar or no sugar, chill it well and u will still have the same coke satisfaction.

While u r at that, u may want to get yoyo bitters. If u crack up and drink ur normal dose of cole, just down a considerable ammount of yoyo buyers to flush ur system. Anytime I get careless n tale cake n soft drinks., I make sure I go for yoyo. When yoyo comes in contact with sugar, shitt happens.

It really feels good drinking coke right. But when u get diabetic and u have to inject urself with syringes, you would think back and wished u weren't so stupid. It's a horrible life. Among so many other troubles, wounds of diabetics hardly ever heal. So a little cut or scratch from any object mistakenly can become a massive wound and sometimes can lead to death.

So wisen up now and start hating coke. Get yoyo bitters while u are at it. Don't be ur own enemy.
Have u ever considered that bowl of eba,amala or rice with stew?they are food but they equally contain glucose which can increase sugar in the blood.why are dibetics patient asked not to take carbohydrate food?have u ever ponder on this?please go google to search for causes of diabetics and stop telling us what u dont know.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by akino(m): 6:18am On Jan 15, 2013
Michky: I agree with you to the point i embolded above. What you don't know is, sugar from beverages such as coke will disrupt the system to the point of hampering the activities of the pancreas and other body constituents. You might not agree with me but in 50years time, you will. It is well.
Pls follow d path of wisdom.michky has enlighten you and every body.take what ur body can use in a day may one or two or more expecially if u skip launch.stop this propanganda.coke has gone beyond what u can use cheap blackmail to bring down.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by toprealman: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2013
movmentish: I'm addicted to coke,I drink an average of 6 bottles per day. What I want to know is what are the long term effects of drinking it like I do (I hope pot belly aint one of it),and how will I quit
Switch to diet coke and try cut down on your daily consumption as time goes on.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by masks(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2013
How can you ask about the consequence when you know what exactly you are doing. Or you want us to tell you to stop? NO, prepare your bed and lie on it. Drink on. Pls s better issue to be discussed abeg.
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by paparazzi1987(m): 9:29am On Jan 15, 2013
I guess we are on the same shoe,but mine is better.I drink at least two bottles of Pepsi
per day.
Before i got married my friends and sibling used to tell me that if i continue with
Pepsi drinking habit that it might reduce my sperm count and that i will not be a bale to satisfy my Girl friend sex hurge(but she never complained).
But reverse is the case: I used to use condoms,but when i tried to know
my ability if my sperm count has bee reduced due to my drinking habit gbam! my wife(then Girl friend) got pregnant instanta.

I will advice you to drink local herbs (e.g OROKI herbal mixture)..five tea spoon per day will do....sorry for my grammar. wink wink
Re: He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! by blackbeau1(f): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2013
Its called self-control.help yourself and your family.are you now telling me that. 'Liquid' in a bottle controls you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Grand Oak Launches Korect Bitters / Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love / Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.