Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted (23522 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / 2013 FIFA Ballon D'or On Monday, 13th January 2014 / Messi, Ribery & Ronaldo On 23-man Ballon D'or Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Pharoh: 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
We have always known that sentiments will follow this kind of voting so i would have preferred a committee that distributes these awards among the players to encourage everyone of them. To imagine that amy wambach has never won the female world player of the year until now and any of those german or Japanese ladies too could not win it for the past four years says a lot about the voting process.

Marta winning it for six years in a row and messi also winning it for six years in a row is rubbish to me in my opinion. Hope they listen to the advice of senior vincente debosky who admonished them concerning fair play and failing football ethics rubbishing the sports right now. Fair play means they should be fair to other players like sneider, ronaldo, iniesta, messi,xavi, casillas,buffon, falcao and others who deserve this award too. Racism has not been curbed in these sports and something should be done to raise the ethical standards of the game. So hope sepp blatter and michel platini are listening, my 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Cornel88(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
I wonder why Papie Cisse's goal against Chelsea is not even nominated in the best goal category because, it is the best goal of the season, though my opinon.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by surveyProf(m): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
Cornel88: I wonder why Papie Cisse's goal against Chelsea is not even nominated in the best goal category because, it is the best goal of the season, though my opinon.

submitn of normination was already done, before the goal was scored, likewise that of Ibrahimovic's goal!
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Rex123(m): 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
omenziate: Casillas sef dey very unserious. Ramos over Ronaldo.?
i wonder o...
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Enegod(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
la furia: @ jarus, argetina and messi didnt vote for CR7.............In summary,everybody voted for his friend......
i thought the voting was strictly between cr7 y messi y iniesta,how did the others like ramos grin, alonso, ibra etc get a vote,? my point is why tell us the final three wen its obvious that i can vote for chamakh as world best player.......oh i see, you vote for the final 23, is alright grin

well all done and dusted....... but the fifa XI
that's what i thought as well o. I don't understand this method everybody voting for his friend and countryman. It should have been strictly between the three best players. Fifa is just clueless..fifa sucks!

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Pharoh: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
They have already told neymar that he has to come to europe before he can ever win the ballon dor. So if you are not in europe where there is much visibility, hype and advertisement then just forget it lol.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
Messi's world's Best 2009 thru 2015 and then another Barcelona player(NEYMAR) comes in and takes it maybe for 2 years in a row. That is the end of solomon Grundy(Ronaldo)

4 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by surveyProf(m): 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Pharoh: They have already told neymar that he has to come to europe before he can ever win the ballon dor. So if you are not in europe where there is much visibility, hype and advertisement then just forget it lol.

It can be won frm anywhere, it all depands on your performance, and contributn to team winning, George weah once won it, and he was an african, but was playing in europe, but dat does not not count.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Remii(m): 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Troll: The Way This Voting Is Being Done Nowadays; An African Will Never Win The Fifa Ballon D'Or. No Matter How Spectacular He Is On The Pitch. The Europeans Will Always Vote For Their Own. The Public Should Be Given Voting Power Or Else This Is Just Plainly Sentimental Bulshit. Imagine!? angry

Argentina is not part of Europe and George Weah was from Liberia when he won it in 1995
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Noblechyk: 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Messi deserved it. Ronaldo also deserved it. Congrats 2 Messi cos he carried d day. But i think dat a more mature process would hav been d votes 2 b casted among d top three with d voters pointing out why their respective candidates deserve d prestigious award. E.g, Messi scored over 80 goals (d first in history), Ronaldo scored against every team in liga last season(d first in history), e.t.c.

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by surveyProf(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Remii:

Argentina is not part of Europe and George Weah was from Liberia when he won it in 1995

Lots of people seems not to understand how the counting of votes works, if George weah could win it, back den, the question is how did he do it? Were der no European footballer den? Or was it basic on sentiment too? Lolz
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by BodyKiss(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
These votes shows that this award is becoming about who is more likeable than what one really achieve for the year it's being voted for.

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by FXKing2012(m): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
The voting process is extremely flawed, little wonder Messi won.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by duality(m): 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
if this is how its done; then, votes can be bought. with some pounds and lobbying messi can be stoped.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by lmm4real: 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
If messi is insisting he is so good, let him try his trade in another club. ronaldo tried it and he is still racked among the best in the world.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Noblechyk: 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
Cornel88: I wonder why Papie Cisse's goal against Chelsea is not even nominated in the best goal category because, it is the best goal of the season, though my opinon.
Dat goal was a bomb. Am a chelsea fan & it remain d best goal i hav ever seen. Analyst said dat it defied law of motion thereby tagging it Cisse's law of motion

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by surveyProf(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
lmm4real: If messi is insisting he is so good, let him try his trade in another club. ronaldo tried it and he is still racked among the best in the world.

U think so?
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by pak: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jarus:
Everybody that got nomination(by coaches, captains and journalists, even if one nomination) was among the initial long list released by FIFA way back November.

And getting the first 11 is also easy. Top ranked in each position. Messi (1st), Ronaldo (2nd), and Falcao (5th) were the top ranked forwards, so will automatically mean they are the forwards for FIFA 11. Drogba came 8th, and 4th ranked forward(after the trio). Except you want a strange formation of 4 strikers, Drogba couldn't have made First 11, despite coming 8th overall. Ditto for Pirlo. Yes, he did well, but other midfielders (Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi and who's the 4th again) ranked ahead of him, not because FIFA didn't his face but because the four guys appeared more in coaches and captains' nominations than Pirlo's.

It's that simple. I have never for once believed FIFA or CAF sit down and give someone award.

You're wrong there sir. The selection process for the team of the year is quite different from that of the WFOTY.
Case in point. Pirlo was actually 7th on the footballer of the year list, higher than Alonso's position, however Alonso ended up making the team.

Point 2 - Agreed FIFA's process is transparent (but then transparent does not always mean fair and Unbiased - refer to the poll for player of the century in 2000 to get what I mean) but in the case of CAF, meeeen, don't vouch for those douch bags. How else do you explain Hadji beating Okocha in '98 or EL-haddj beating champions league winning Ossei kuffour in 2001 (francophone connection anyone ?). or how in the world will you rationalize the year Drogba was denied the award simply because he refused to attend the show since he was preparing for a semi final match with the elephants team ! Those CAF guys are mostly out of their senses really.
When an organisation implements the head to head rule in a round robin competition that is not in the home and away format (2010 nations cup) Then nothing else should surprise you.

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by pgiddy(m): 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jarus:
Everybody that got nomination(by coaches, captains and journalists, even if one nomination) was among the initial long list released by FIFA way back November.

And getting the first 11 is also easy. Top ranked in each position. Messi (1st), Ronaldo (2nd), and Falcao (5th) were the top ranked forwards, so will automatically mean they are the forwards for FIFA 11. Drogba came 8th, and 4th ranked forward(after the trio). Except you want a strange formation of 4 strikers, Drogba couldn't have made First 11, despite coming 8th overall. Ditto for Pirlo. Yes, he did well, but other midfielders (Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi and who's the 4th again) ranked ahead of him, not because FIFA didn't his face but because the four guys appeared more in coaches and captains' nominations than Pirlo's.

It's that simple. I have never for once believed FIFA or CAF sit down and give someone award.
going by ur analysis, alonsso was neva in the top 10,and Pirlo was in it,so y was Pirlo not in starting 11 ahead of Alonso?

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by vicenzo(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
surveyProf:

Lots of people seems not to understand how the counting of votes works, if George weah could win it, back den, the question is how did he do it? Were der no European footballer den? Or was it basic on sentiment too? Lolz
I might be wrong,but i don't think the WFOTY awards were decided by this type of voting process in the days of george wear, i think this style of voting is a recent thing.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
gud for them sha, messi is the best.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by surveyProf(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
vicenzo: I might be wrong,but i don't think the WFOTY awards were decided by this type of voting process in the days of george wear, i think this style of voting is a recent thing.

U can never tell, I will find out!
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Hearme(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
CASILAS VOTE IS A SLAP ON MOURINHO. MOU HAS ISSUES WITH CASILAS AND RAMOS. BENCHED CASILAS AND GAVE RONALDO HIS FELLOW PORTUGUESE THE CAPTAIN BAND. I JUST DO NOT SEE HIM FINISH THE SEASON AS MADRID COACH. JUST THE REASON BARCELONA IS 16 POINTS CLEAR. OR GOD TELLING MOURINHO HE IS THE ONLY ONE.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by pak: 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
surveyProf:

U can never tell, I will find out!

That was actually the process in place back then.

I remember Amokachi scoring 3 points (someguy voted him as second) while Finidi scored 1 point (third).

However, there was caveat then that you couldn't vote for a player from you country. and yes, only coaches were involved then
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by surveyProf(m): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
pak:

That was actually the process in place back then.

I remember Amokachi scoring 3 points (someguy voted him as second) while Finidi scored 1 point (third).

However, there was caveat then that you couldn't vote for a player from you country. and yes, only coaches were involved then

I thought as much too, u might be right!
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by zubino(m): 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
I am a fan of Ronaldo ahead of Messi, but I think the only problem Ronaldo has is nothing but Messi. Notwithstanding being a fan of Ronaldo, if given opportunity to vote, I would have voted Messi. I just believe Messi is still the best in the world, sentiments behind. I will Ronaldo goodluck in his future career. Ronaldo u are the second best, that's not bad at all. Let's hope Messi will receive a supernal call and quit football, thereby creating room for my lovely second best to automatic best. What I really mean concerning Messi is divine call to become a pastor and not death. The first three deserve those positions.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by heykims(m): 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jarus:
Eto'o came 3rd as recently as 2004. He was an African. Stop the racist remark. Drogba came 8th and you wont tell me he did more than the 7 guys ranked ahead of him.
hey guy, u get brain o, keep it up...
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
In summary:

Messi's friends are more than Ronaldo's friends

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by eedreez505: 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jarus:
Yeah, there are sentiments. For example, I see Algerian captain voting for Karim Benzema as no 1. That's clearly sentiment-driven. No sane football watcher would say Benzema was best player in the world in 2012. Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Iniesta, Xavi, all debatable, but Benzema, clearly nah. But I can see teh connection - Benzema has Algerian origin like the voter.

Also, I think contrary to his vote, Messi himself believes Ronaldo is one of the top 3 players in the world. Same for the guy that voted for Portugal. He can't tell me he sincerely believed Messi wasnt among top 3 players in the world, but he left him out to reduce his chance.

But overall, I think the voting is diverse enough to reflect true best player. The few sentiments-driven couldn't have made much difference, especially since teh difference between winner and 1st runner up is so wide.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by eedreez505: 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
awards are most times sentimental, so not surprised. dont 4get wesley sneidjer deserved 2010 ballor d'or and andrea pirlo deserved a place in fifa 12 pro 11.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Stanvick1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
No sane football watcher will say this voting is void of sentiments...though i'm a Man utd fan i wouldn't say R.V.P deserve the no1 spot ahead of Messi and Ronaldo as his dutch compatriots voted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Liverpool (1 - 4) On 21st November 2015 / Club Brugge Vs Manchester United: UCL Play-off (0 - 4) On 26th August 2015 / Liverpool Vs Leicester EFL Cup (5 - 4) pens On 22nd December 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.