Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,418 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Elekiya Ayisat Giwa, Mother Of Dele Giwa, Dead At 87 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Elekiya Ayisat Giwa, Mother Of Dele Giwa, Dead At 87 (632 Views)

I’ve Been Stripped Unclad – Mother Of Twins Killed By Drunken-Cop / Mother Of Triplets To Hubby: Please Come Back Home (Photo) / Personality: Meet Dele Giwa's First Daughter, Funmilayo [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elekiya Ayisat Giwa, Mother Of Dele Giwa, Dead At 87 by fkaz(m): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Madam Elekiya Ayisat Giwa, mother of slain journalist Dele Giwa, has died.
Mrs. Giwa had been living with her youngest daughter, Mrs. Abibbat Ronke Aboaba in Ikorodu, Lagos. She passed on in the early hours of Tuesday at Aruna Ogun Hospital in the town.
Her famous son, Dele, is credited with bringing new panache and zest into Nigerian journalism in the late 1970s and early 1980s through his work at the Daily Times, Sunday Concord and NewsWatch, the newsmagazine which he co-founded with his friends after leaving the Concord Group of Newspapers.
In 1987, Mr. Giwa was killed in a parcel bomb attack on him in his home in Ikeja, Lagos, and was buried in his village, Ugbekpe-Ekperi, in Edo State.
“It is an irony of sorts that Mrs. Giwa has died at age 87, following her beloved son’s death in ’87,” an analyst told SaharaReporters today, “as if her last wish is to remind us all we must unearth the criminals responsible for Dele’s assassination in that year.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/elekiya-ayisat-giwa-mother-dele-giwa-dead-87

Re: Elekiya Ayisat Giwa, Mother Of Dele Giwa, Dead At 87 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
At least she outlived one of her son's killers Mrs mamankita
May her soul RIP
That picture may have been taken when baba killed her son
I said baba o
If you put ngida inside na you talk am o grin
Re: Elekiya Ayisat Giwa, Mother Of Dele Giwa, Dead At 87 by greatgod2012(f): 4:14am On Jan 09, 2013
babyosisi: At least she outlived one of her son's killers Mrs mamankita
May her soul RIP
That picture may have been taken when baba killed her son
I said baba o
If you put ngida inside na you talk am o grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Elekiya Ayisat Giwa, Mother Of Dele Giwa, Dead At 87 by GODWINGODSON(m): 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
May her soul r.i.p

(1) (Reply)

Grieving Son. R.I.P / What's the Most Amazing April Fool’s Day Prank You Have Heard Or Done? / Bobblehead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.