Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration (9875 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee / Aba Mega Mall Eye Dry Port, 5 Star Hotel Others / President Zuma In Abuja Nigeria For Inauguration (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by taharqa: 1:46am On Jan 09, 2013
The Oyo State Shippers’ Association has said the first phase of the Ibadan Inland Container Depot or dry port at Erunmu is ready for inauguration.

The president of the association, Dr. Ayo Omotoso, told the News Agency of Nigeria that the concessionaire, Catamaran Logistics Limited, would move into the ICD with its foreign partners after the inauguration.

Omotoso said that the rail line from Lagos to Ibadan and Kano had been rehabilitated and would facilitate the commencement of the dry port and others across the country.

He commended the Federal Government for rehabilitating the rail lines, adding that containers could now conveniently be transported by rail to ICD sites

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/ibadan-dry-port-ready-for-inauguration/
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:06am On Jan 09, 2013
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

You won't see the '......oni baje' crew in here b'cos there's a line in the report that says GEJ had something to do with it. wink wink

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 09, 2013
GEJ and dry ports. GEJ is really dry.
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by taharqa: 3:55am On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Jaideyone(m): 5:01am On Jan 09, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

You won't see the '......oni baje' crew in here b'cos there's a line in the report that says GEJ had something to do with it. wink wink
mumu when other countries are moving on to better things GEJ is giving us 20th century trains. That is a big achievment for you. It will take me 1hr30mins to drive from lagos to Ibadan but it will take that train 6hrs to get down to Ibadan, a distance of about 140km.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by EkoIle1: 5:10am On Jan 09, 2013
Jaidey-one:
mumu when other countries are moving on to better things GEJ is giving us 20th century trains. That is a big achievment for you. It will take me 1hr30mins to drive from lagos to Ibadan but it will take that train 6hrs to get down to Ibadan, a distance of about 140km.

GEJ and his trolls are all clowns with low and distorted mentality..
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by nameo: 5:24am On Jan 09, 2013
This is Great news. This should improve efficient movement of heavy goods in the country through the inter-modal modes of transportation.

When is the other planned Inland ports coming on stream

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by geeez: 5:43am On Jan 09, 2013
The Ibadan Dry Port has been there since God knows when
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by dridowu: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2013
"DRY PORT" INDEED
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 09, 2013
Space reserved while waiting for the GEJ clowns to put on the garb of big celebration.
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by dayokanu(m): 7:26am On Jan 09, 2013
Space is not for sale beware of insincere9jerian and Taharqa
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Jaideyone(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2013
dayokanu: Space is not for sale beware of insincere9jerian and Taharqa
rotflmao why should we beware of them? Se won ti mu ole mo ole ni?
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by TRILLIONIAR: 9:38am On Jan 09, 2013
MY LAFF SELF DRY
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by jomogbomo: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2013
I see some Igbo morons here commending GEJ for this. . . Have you stopped to think about what happened to the dry port he promised the Eastern region? How come the SW gets thiers b4 us? I am well aware he made us that promise year"S" ago! So far NONE of the promised projects have commenced or been completed in the East! A lot of paid idiots in here I tell you.
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Walexz02(m): 9:48am On Jan 09, 2013
E ehn?
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by GARRIx7(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2013
Aren't we supposed to ßξ rejoicing over this GOO NEWS

Or is there something I don't know?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 09, 2013
I still do not get the idea of a dry port. Its not like the country has cargo trains that make it feasible. Well, I might just be wrong.
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 09, 2013
god bless our country nigeria
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 09, 2013
While some people are only awaiting to celebrate bad news in 2013, good news keeps popping up.
cheesy cheesy
God bless nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by vanstanzy(m): 10:25am On Jan 09, 2013
Great! grin grin grin grin grin I hope it works to full capacity.

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by vanstanzy(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2013
jomogbomo: I see some Igbo morons here commending GEJ for this. . . Have you stopped to think about what happened to the dry port he promised the Eastern region? How come the SW gets thiers b4 us? I am well aware he made us that promise year"S" ago! So far NONE of the promised projects have commenced or been completed in the East! A lot of paid idiots in here I tell you.

U re truly shallow minded, SMH! angry angry
We should learn to put in more effort in fighting for ours, instead of condemning.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by kutchs: 10:37am On Jan 09, 2013
blink182: I still do not get the idea of a dry port. Its not like the country has cargo trains that make it feasible. Well, I might just be wrong.
Read the article again bro. It‘s all there for u to see.
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 09, 2013
Great job!
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by smsgold: 10:41am On Jan 09, 2013
nameo:
This is Great news. This should improve efficient movement of heavy goods in the country through the inter-modal modes of transportation.

When is the other planned Inland ports coming on stream
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by jadajada: 10:44am On Jan 09, 2013
will ibadan ppl allow dis 2 work since nothing good has ever come out of dat city afta d civil war.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 09, 2013
jadajada: will ibadan ppl allow dis 2 work since nothing good has ever come out of dat city afta d civil war.
Lol....which civil war?
The in-land port have been there for several years, dating back to Obasanjo regime.
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by jomogbomo: 11:13am On Jan 09, 2013
vanstanzy:

U re truly shallow minded, SMH! angry angry
We should learn to put in more effort in fighting for ours, instead of condemning.
Tell that to your father, you descendant of a demented ape. Talking about fighting for "ours". . . . "WE" have nothing in common dimwit!
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by taharqa: 11:18am On Jan 09, 2013
jomogbomo: I see some Igbo morons here commending GEJ for this. . . Have you stopped to think about what happened to the dry port he promised the Eastern region? How come the SW gets thiers b4 us? I am well aware he made us that promise year"S" ago! So far NONE of the promised projects have commenced or been completed in the East! A lot of paid idiots in here I tell you.
Oh! SHUT ya mouth there. The Aba Dry port wud be inauguratd in a mata of weeks or months, and wud mk a ton of sense once d ongoing PH-Maiduguri rail line completes soonest.... The dry ports ports in oda strategic parts of d country is also be constructd, and since the rail lines are finally bn revivd wud be reactivatd soon......
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 09, 2013
Dumb project by clueless attention seeking government. Realy dry ports. Sickening
Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 09, 2013
taharqa: Oh! SHUT ya mouth there. The Aba Dry port wud be inauguratd in a mata of weeks or months, and wud mk a ton of sense once d ongoing PH-Maiduguri rail line completes soonest.... The dry ports ports in oda strategic parts of d country is also be constructd, and since the rail lines are finally bn revivd wud be reactivatd soon......
Be kind enough to share the pictures, will you? Aba ports, portharcourt ports. Or are they projects built in your dreams? Clueless, corrupt and ineficient rogues called government. Let us see massive federal roads projects,faster rails, functional refineries,corrupt free system and we can praise him.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by vanstanzy(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2013
jomogbomo: Tell that to your father, you descendant of a demented ape. Talking about fighting for "ours". . . . "WE" have nothing in common dimwit!

DAMN! U RE ONE VERY INSULTIVE CHIMPANZEE. CORRECT URSELF INSTEAD OF INSULTING UR ENTIRE GENERATION, ORANGUTAN! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Dry Port Ready For Inauguration by vanstanzy(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2013
jomogbomo: Tell that to your father, you descendant of a demented ape. Talking about fighting for "ours". . . . "WE" have nothing in common dimwit!

DAMN! U RE ONE VERY INSULTIVE CHIMPANZEE. CORRECT URSELF INSTEAD OF INSULTING UR ENTIRE GENERATION, ORANGUTAN! grin grin grin grin grin ONE MORE WORD ABOUT MY FATHER AND I'LL TELL U ABOUT UR GENERATION. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Blasts Tinubu Over Market Women Leader / 1,000 Ex-militants To Get Samsung Job Offer / Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.