Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years (9542 Views)

Innjoo Max 2 Plus Phone Specs & Price In Nigeria / Scientists Develop New Battery That Lasts 20 Years / Stop That Ces Nonsense, Buy A Phone That Lasts 15 Years On A Single Aa Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Olateef(m): 7:45am On Jan 09, 2013
In a world of battery-hungry phones such as iPhones and Androids, the SpareOne Plus sticks out – its makers claim it lasts for 15 years.

The affordable mobile that runs on a single, AA battery and is built as a ‘spare’ phone for emergencies – it can even call emergency services without a SIM card.

Designed as a back-up phone you can carry without worrying if it’s charged or not, the SpareOne is built to leave in the car for emergencies, or to pack in travel luggage – especially if you or your loved ones plan to go off the beaten track (or off-piste).

The simple numerical keypad is also ideal for older users who might only use a phone occasionally.

The new version, SpareOne Plus, has a GPS tracker which allows the user to be tracked by

emergency services – and can display its location on a paired iPhone app.
The SpareOne can be pre-programmed for instant access to phone numbers of key contacts, including the relevant emergency services in any location.

That single battery offers a talk time of up to 10 hours.

The phone’s developer, XPAL Power, says: “it’s essentially designed to make and receive the most important calls, no matter what”.

It even comes with the AA battery included.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/unveiled-the-mobile-phone-with-a-battery-that-lasts-15-years-103800777.html
http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/unveiled-the-mobile-phone-with-a-battery-that-lasts-15-years/

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Tedyk(m): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2013
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Jaideyone(m): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2013
Interesting smiley
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by ATMC(f): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2013
Wonder wonder wonder
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:00am On Jan 09, 2013
this makes sooo much sense.
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by ciphoenix: 10:49am On Jan 09, 2013
Charge 3 times in a lifetime grin
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Francheezy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
and wh0 iz g0!ng t0 use d!z ph0ne 4 15yrs, ?*
to kn0w if d bat3 wld last 4 15yrS....bsyds, it wld sp0!L b4 2yrz....mtscheew...nd i h0pe d ph0ne wnt av a charger....

1 Like

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
Thinking τ̲̅ȍ use a phone for fifteen years is the beginning of poverty. All na wash.

2 Likes

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by ignis: 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
I wish there can be a blackberry that lasts like that.
Technology is really advancing,
Am glad to be part of this generation.
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by ThundrCork(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
This will be very useful to track your car if stolen: just buy one of these and hide it in a secure spot in your car. it eliminates the fear of "what if the battery dies". The thing make serious sense!

5 Likes

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by sylve11: 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
To me, it isn't a bad one. cool
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by ThundrCork(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
Chai i don spoil market for tracking companies Sorryyy oooo
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by immkels(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
2013 Sci-fi Age!!!
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by born2boink(m): 2:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
I can buy this phone, at least as backup phone for business, I will know PHCN and Carry charger around days have expired totally.......no more charging charger, no more saheed wetin happen to your phone,
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by imperiouxx(m): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
@immkels:
2013 Sci-fi Age!!!

That's the work of a nanobattery and such has been for some years back, not a news. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanobatteries

Even Toshiba nanobattery will gain 80% charge within 1 min, ~60 times faster than ordinary lithium-ion battery and discharges very slowly. http://phys.org/news3539.html
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Dygeasy(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
You can't browse with it

You can't listen to music with it

You can't take pictures with it

You can't record voice or videos with it

Just leave it till it rings and the pick up, how then won't it last a century?

Abeegi

1 Like

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Lordwize(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
How much e cost?
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by fiscalcliff: 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yomieluv: Thinking τ̲̅ȍ use a phone for fifteen years is the beginning of poverty. All na wash.
So charging your phone every other day is a pointer to affluence?
The way people think at times is ...

4 Likes

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by GeneralGaricks: 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
Okay
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by ojoawo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Dygeasy: You can't browse with it

Abeegi

Thank you Oº°˚˚˚°º abi

And it has only 10hours talk time- compare that with the smartphones around, tscheeew

Dis is wat I call a JACKSHIT
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by frank1989: 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
i tink i wud get one,nice fone
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Abyjah: 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
Thinking of how to send one of these to hell. It'd sure find use there.

Imagine satan calling Seun, for fifteen long years, to ask him how the threads that make front page would affect the price of garri.

Disclaimer: Abeg no ban me na joke I dey.

1 Like

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Trey195(m): 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
Great innovation.
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by fdigital(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Dygeasy: You can't browse with it

Abeegi
my tot exactly...though nice innovation
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by timpaker(m): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
WTF do i need it for? Abi NEPA wire no pass my house?
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Redmosquito(m): 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
The affordable mobile that runs on a single, AA battery and is built as a ‘spare’ phone for emergencies – it can even call emergency services without a SIM card.
Excuse me! Whose phone cant do this? undecided

1 Like

Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
na real waaoooo!!
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by guyosict(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
[sup][/sup] shocked Good one, more of dis
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by ignis: 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
timpaker: WTF do i need it for? Abi NEPA wire no pass my house?
How often does NEPA give you electicity?
Re: SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years by raynold17(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
I only need the ba3

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? / Oraimo Smart Watch OSW-16 Unboxing And Review: A Fitness Focus Device / How To Remove Snapchat Best Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.