Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,923 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice (7246 Views)

Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg / U.S. To Join Nigeria In The Fight Against Boko Haram / Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
e-talker:
Meet Okija Juju and he'll advice you accordingly.

Thank me later. cool

Na me go be the first godfather to test her goods... grin grin grin grin
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by OAM4J: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
maclatunji: Errrr... don't start by joining a political party. Start with your neighbourhood, what do people there need or require for a better standard of living? Can you use your skills to help to see that your community's needs are met? Can you communicate effectively with those in power to get things done? I think this is a safe way to start. In the process of doing this, you will learn more about human nature, how political power operates and how people use it.

I think the essence of politics in its pristine form is to acquire power to be able to touch people's lives positively- start with that and I guess you will find out if it is for you or not.

By the way, I am not a big fan of politics but understand that you need politicians to get the country going.

I agree with this and the other poster that suggested starting with an NGO. The system is currently too corrupt for one individual to fight. Start small and other likeminds will join you when they see the progress you are making.

Goodluck.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
with a very strong determination you can achieve your dreams. Just know that nothing good comes easy especially in naija where even nothing bad comes easy, talkless of Good. Utilize opportunities, be smart, and know her to think and act faster than your opponents. See you at the top.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Mospring(m): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
SlyIg: Nigerian politics is quite different from what you think politics should be.
1. A Nigerian politician must sell his or her conscience to the devil before being accepted into the game.
2. Must have a reputable godfather in higher authority.
3. If female,must have a quiet husband that has been tamed by her juju.
4. Be ready to send all your children outside the country out of reach of your opponents.
5. Be ready to call any dark colour white and vice versa.
These and many more,you must acquire before you can succeed in the Nigerian politics. But if you really want to help the helpless as you've put down on your writeup,why not start an NGO,a Non Governmental Organisation.
this assuance re all there is !!!! God bless naija; buh; subscribe to NGO!!!!!!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by solomon111(m): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Instead of trying to better her community first and build a reputation,she wants to dive into politics.
Tommorrow,we will hear that one female house of reps leader bought lip-sticks for 500million naira.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by surveyProf(m): 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
iv4fb: you can join anytime without your fears.

but note that

turning your private* to public* will gear you up faster.
allowing okija_juju 'cook' u will keep you longer and
corrupt dealings will full your pocket faster

Stop scary her, dis is not necessay @ the early stage!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by mkoabiola: 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
As a young lady, u won't to go into politics.
Y not meet Jagaban or meet kema chikwe to tell u what she pas tru.
But,u mus b ready to do juju.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by festusf: 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
As young lady,why not become somebody before u join politics?
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by SlyIg(f): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
OAM4J:

I agree with this and the other poster that suggested starting with an NGO. The system is currently too corrupt for one individual to fight. Start small and other likeminds will join you when they see the progress you are making.

Goodluck.
BANNED!
Don't agree wit me next time. You banned me the other day,you remember? I'm sure you're working hard to receive the moderator of 2013 but you'll lose it to Mukina,aka Mrs. Seun.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
freecocoa: OP whatever you do, please don't join PDP.
And in your plastic mind, PDP is the worst party in Nigeria?
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by AleciaM(f): 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
maclatunji: Errrr... don't start by joining a political party. Start with your neighbourhood, what do people there need or require for a better standard of living? Can you use your skills to help to see that your community's needs are met? Can you communicate effectively with those in power to get things done? I think this is a safe way to start. In the process of doing this, you will learn more about human nature, how political power operates and how people use it.

I think the essence of politics in its pristine form is to acquire power to be able to touch people's lives positively- start with that and I guess you will find out if it is for you or not.

By the way, I am not a big fan of politics but understand that you need politicians to get the country going.

Thank you for the advice, I think I will consider your advice and @slygy that talked about starting an NGO.

@others so what you are saying is that all female politicians sleep their way to the top?
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
J12:
Them swear for you?

Dey your lane o.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Alecia.M:

@others so what you are saying is that all female politicians sleep their way to the top?

Depends on your age. From my deductions it seems you're under 27, what the politicians will want from you is your waist. That's why you are advised to start an NGO first.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Alecia.M:

lipsrsealed
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Alecia.M:

Thank you for the advice, I think I will consider your advice and @slygy that talked about starting an NGO.

open their legs to the top
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by ayinba1(f): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
@OP

You can prove the naysayers wrong about females sleeping their way to the top. I agree that starting at the grassroots level is key. You will come across like minds in the process. There will be A LOT of offers to make you immoral or the typical Naija politician. You will always have a choice to make. Looking forward to hear good things about you starting from your neighbourhood.
Good luck and remember, LEADERS WANTED!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by OAM4J: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
SlyIg:
BANNED!
Don't agree wit me next time. You banned me the other day,you remember? I'm sure you're working hard to receive the moderator of 2013 but you'll lose it to Mukina,aka Mrs. Seun.

I cant even remember I banned you, just checked your ban log now and realized I banned you for derailing a thread with garri comment, sorry about it wink

BTW, I was the moderator of the year for 2011 so am not seeking the title again. I appreciate your posting in this section and wish to encourage many females to be involved in politics and political discussions as much as possible. Just cooperate with me by keeping the rules and we will be good friends. wink

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by AleciaM(f): 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
J12:

Depends on your age. From my deductions it seems you're under 27, what the politicians will want from you is your waist. That's why you are advised to start an NGO first.
Yes am still under 25 and the NGO thing is not a bad idea. I will start working on that now, I just felt been directly involve in politics will make me have direct impact in the life of many ordinary Nigerians with the money meant for them. Cos with the NGO I will still have to go back to the same politicians to source for fund and I will only be able to reach just a minimal number of people but I think it won't be a bad idea to start from there now, with all these black juju and opening of leg comments.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by seanet01: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
J12:
And in your own Cockroach brain, what party could stand for the worst party in Nigeria other than A party that spent $16 billion on power and yet we still import generators to power PHCN offices?
My guy use your brain.

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
dont get AIDS or others STDs grin grin
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
seanet01: And in your own Cockroach brain, what party could stand for the worst party in Nigeria other than A party that spent $16 billion on power and yet we still import generators to power PHCN offices?
My guy use your brain.
Don't mind her, make she dey there dey talk rubbish.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by cigaricon(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ma, u have a very good foresight, and my avice goes thus:
When we see all these corrupt leaders in our society in a photograph @ their young age, u will agree with me that what pple always say is "look at them, they never knew what they where going to be" or "aw, did he know he was going to be a politician?" No he ddnt and dats true, they never had a dream of being someones leader, its either they were pushed into it or they entered politics just because they saw others going into it hence their failure.

A man(this aplies to women too) who has a dream will understand that nothing comes easily and that there are hurdles on the way, and nothing I repeat nothin wil stop him from reaching the top exept he himself if u understand what I mean. A man who does sumtin just because he saw other ppl doing it or because he wants to please sumone will do whatever evil it takes to get there so that he will be praised.

All I'm trying to say is that pls if u know politics is not ur dream, I'll advice u not to go into it cos what u stated in 1,2 and 3 will definitely be the steps u will follow but if u strongly belive it ur dream then u have to knw this
-nothing good comes easily, one thing is having a dream and another is acheiving it

-u will surely be tempted, it is inevitable but if u want to acheive ur dream u will stay strong

-always believe in chang, that's y ppl say "never give up"

-never look for who to cast a blame unto insteat blame urself. In this way u are saying that if u were to be there, a problem wouldn't have occured and this will motivate u to look for solutions quickly

-dont ignore what u know is right to do, it will surely come back to hunt u

-always knw that karma never sleep she will surely reward u for ur deeds weda gud or bad

-money is not the root of all evil, the love for money is. If u love money then u must love evil but if u don't love money money will definately flow into ur purse through the right fountain cos u need it. Great men don't have money cos they love it, they have money cos they deserve it.

-finaly know that u are not a failure, claim it and see ur dreams come to pass.

I don't beg neigther do I force, I only advice pple to do what is good

My five shekels wink
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by mudistr(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
@OP
you can take baby steps by contacting the women ahead of you in politics. They'll mentor you to some extent before you outgrow them. Try getting in touch with women like Hannatu Musawa. Also avoid the lesbians amongst them, so that they don't use their tongue to finish you
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
mudistr: @OP
you can take baby steps by contacting the women ahead of you in politics. They'll mentor you to some extent before you outgrow them. Try getting in touch with women like Hannatu Musawa. Also avoid the lesbians amongst them, so that they don't use their tongue to finish you
they will initiate her to lesbianism or love-vendor her to the barons ..op just stay far away from politic for your own sake
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by mudistr(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
@OP, but if na your picture dey your profile. I no know how u wan do am without sleeping with men o. Them no go let u rest. If u marry powerful man when respect your ambition, he might be able to keep other men away. Ojukwu Bianca style
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
SlyIg: Nigerian politics is quite different from what you think politics should be.
1. A Nigerian politician must sell his or her conscience to the devil before being accepted into the game.
2. Must have a reputable godfather in higher authority.
3. If female,must have a quiet husband that has been tamed by her juju.
4. Be ready to send all your children outside the country out of reach of your opponents.
5. Be ready to call any dark colour white and vice versa.
These and many more,you must acquire before you can succeed in the Nigerian politics. But if you really want to help the helpless as you've put down on your writeup,why not start an NGO,a Non Governmental Organisation.

Is there any hope that all these could change anytime soon?
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by youngbest(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ OP my only problem with Nigerian politics is the highly evident threat to the lives of perceived do gooders, e.g Funsho Williams e.t.c
I can remember one painful story of one man from Ekiti state (forgot his name) who wanted to contest for Governor but was killed he was allegedly an honest and God fearing man that just wanted to do good but he was gunned down and is now cold. The evidence to the fact that this killings are politically inclined is the fact that the killers always disappear into thin air and are never found. PLEASE BEWARE.
the OP mentioned Abiki Dabiri as a mentor and to my knowledge there has yet to be a scandal against her i could be wrong but i think that is a clear sign that politics can be accessed without doing immoral things.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by mudistr(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
@OP with your beauty, you can not get into politics without being messed up badly by perverted men. But you know what. With God all things are possible. If he gave you the dream and burning desire, he will walk with you through the valley of the shadow of we peverted men

Kai, but u fine sha wink
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by no1madman(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
My fuckiiiiiiiiing head don scatter!no fuuuuckiin clue!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by demitola(m): 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2013

i tink diz d best comment i'v read so far on diz thread. D blatant truth is dat widout politicians (leaders) , govt siezes 2 be and d society turnz hyper-barbaric. It dosnt mata weda politicianz ar tagged corrupt or not & ur gender mst neva be a barrier. So, ur desire is legit, bt achievin it is d task, i feel u will nid d 150% cooperatn & assist of ur husband 4diz. Finali, neva mk it a do or die ambitn.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by TOMIWACHAMPION(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Dear Alicia, having read your post, i felt relieved because i realised there is still a YOUNG NIGERIAN that is still passionate about this country. Please if you dont mind, i will appreciate if you can reach me on 08060587003, tomiwachampion@yahoo.com or 23522DA9. I believe so much in this country and am sure we will do it. Expecting your response.

I also want to advise fellow nairalanders that the only way out of this mess we are is putting the upright in politics. The moment we reserve the place for thugs, rascals and drop outs, then the results we will continue to get will be disappointing. Look at the corporate bodies such as Banks, Breweries, Telecoms, etc who are taking advantage of this porous economy to make money, they dont joke with the kind of pple they recruit. They hire young intelligent smart individuals who are products of this same society and trained them to put on good character. Let me tell you the truth, all we need is a group of determined and focused people that will not be intimidated but who will face these so called POLITICAL GIANTS and rescue the country. For as many of us who still believe in this country, please you can reach me and i will share with you my vision. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
First Identify your areas of strength. Are you a community mobilizer or are you more interested in law making?
When you have realised which area you want to focus then study and know the issues.
Get close to your community.
KNOW WHAT THEY NEED, not what you assume they need.
Hold focal group discussions
Know your target I.e women, children or youth.
Register to a political party.
Don't jump in and contest just yet, intern and learn under a female politician you admire.
Take all the crap and all the good with your goal in foucs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSCDC Discover Bomb Making Factories In Borno / EFCC Resumes Probe Of Osborne’s $43.4m Cash / How Do I Tell Someone From Another Country That This Is Police In My Country??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.