Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling (5305 Views)

Dasuki Bought Assets In London And Dubai With Arms Cash - EFCC / Nigeria Arrests 15 Russian Sailors For Arms Smuggling / Interior Minister Abba Moro Accused Of Gun-running, Arms Smuggling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by agitator: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
all4naija: Is today I know Okija_Juju to be the most silly commenter on Nairaland. In his shallow mind because they are Russians they should be allowed to pollute our nation with their weapons of destruction. He is so myopic to think if Nigeria says no the Russia government will use force to get their citizens. Please, spare me this shiit. If Russian government needs the release of those criminals they should also release most of Nigerian criminals in their jail.

The weapons should be seized and given to our military force.

ocelot2006:

I honestly don't understand Nigerians like you. A number of foreigners were caught smuggling in arms, weapons used to rob nd killing both law enforcement agents and innocent civilians. Yet fools like you still criticise the military, police, and the FG for such arrest? Are you mad?

Kudos to the security agencies involved in the arrest. And I don't care if the criminals are Russians, Chinese, Americans, or even Martians. If they an issue with their citizens breaking our laws, then let lodge a complaint/appeal with the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

Small secretary ko, mini secretary ni.

Problem with nigerians is if you tell them the reality they label the person all manner of names. Is Okija_juju in charge of prosecuting the russians and he is reluctant to prosecute them? or he is blocking the government from prosecuting them

He analyzed what will happen, in the nigerian context and people are here insulting him

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Denn(m): 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
daryoor: boko haram boys no dey use russian ammu, na south south militants be dia customer .
Russia no be our mate make we just know our levels release those guys asap.

AK 47 is of russian origin and is an active assault weapon used by BH

In case you don't know, Nigeria has one of the strongest infantry in the world.

Be proud of your country.

What do you think would have happened if one our fighter jets strolled into russian airspace?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by yomalex(m): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
>>>>Basic Geopolitic Event<<<<
Yes they were with weapons, Yes they were in Nigerian waters.
But if you are thinking they will go to jail you simply don't know how this planet works.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
agitator:

Problem with nigerians is if you tell them the reality they label the person all manner of names. Is Okija_juju in charge of prosecuting the russians and he is reluctant to prosecute them? or he is blocking the government from prosecuting them

He analyzed what will happen, in the nigerian context and people are here insulting him
In your mind that is analysis while beefing Nigeria on the ground of weakness. You too is very myopic. Russia must come to term before those criminals will be released, simple.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by ortopazz(m): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
Henry120:

You are talking like an hediot. So because they are white, russian, they are now above the law of the sovereign state of the federal republic of nigeria. Do you know the high number of nigerians languishing in russian jails. We are where we are as a nation today, because of people marauding around with your sort of slave mentality and orientation. The government should do the proper thing and jail these russians. These merchant of deaths( russians, ukrainians, chinese, brits and americans) are indirectly responsible for the murder of over 3000 nigerians over the past 2years of boko haram's insurgency in the north, and the many armed robberies in the south. like in russia, laws in nigeria should be respected. These arm smugglers cannot / should not be allowed to go scot free, to send a clear message to others wanting to toe the same path as them. My country is not a safe haven for gun running.

I think u are the one reasoning like a kid here,, this is Nigeria and they are Russians, my brother we kow the right thing to be done is to prosecute buh the thing is will we prosecute!? Or do we have the balls.

Yea yea guns and so, u think Nigeria will suddenly grow bones at russia becos they caught their peeps for smuggling guns? We are nt even sure, point to note a country like Nigesia cannot and wont prosecute those dudes, so whether Okija is the kinda 0F Nigerians that shame u or nt, get close to REALITY FOR ONCE AND APPRECIATE IT. It pays to undastand things as a Nigerian, it really does.

Besides I doubt if we have laws that say once u smuggle guns u wil die, like the russians, if it exists pardon my ignorance, if nt we r just playin the circus game and being the best clowns, seriously! We are STILL DEFINING TEXTBOOK DEMOCRACY YET TO GO IN AND DO THE MAIN THING.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
ortopazz:

I think u are the one reasoning like a kid here,, this is Nigeria and they are Russians, my brother we kow the right thing to be done is to prosecute buh the thing is will we prosecute!? Or do we have the balls.

Yea yea guns and so, u think Nigeria will suddenly grow bones at russia becos they caught their peeps for smuggling guns? We are nt even sure, point to note a country like Nigesia cannot and wont prosecute those dudes, so whether Okija is the kinda 0F Nigerians that shame u or nt, get close to REALITY FOR ONCE AND APPRECIATE IT. It pays to undastand things as a Nigerian, it really does.

Besides I doubt if we have laws that say once u smuggle guns u wil die, like the russians, if it exists pardon my ignorance, if nt we r just playin the circus game and being the best clowns, seriously! We are STILL DEFINING TEXTBOOK DEMOCRACY YET TO GO IN AND DO THE MAIN THING.
Fvck off! You are typically a lawless individual from the way you speak. If Yemen can do that to Americans why can not Nigeria to Russia? The truth is that Russia can be severe in its relationship with Nigeria for all I care.

You guys are taking this out of the ordinary. Russia as a state don not have the right to force Nigeria to return their criminals without coming to term with the laws. Excepting the government of Nigeria does not know its rights!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju]

[b]Call me any fhucking name in the fhucking world you like...

The Iranians that were caught with container loads of weapons in Tin Can Port nko?! Where are they?!!

You are a half breed monkey that keeps decieving yourself. Politics is not monopoly board game! A russiann that goes to jail in any third world country will only do so because the Russian government isnt interested in that persons fate. GET THAT INTO YOUR SKULL NOW!!!! That vessel will be released, complete with its cargo and crew and they will disappear into thin air and thats because they are russians!! We can do that to Congolese citizens, not G-8 member citizens..

Okija juju or whatever silly name you call yourself. You are a nonentity and an un repentant, silly dullard. I do not wish to enter into an argument with you. I've got class, standard and I'm sorry you don't fit into the bill, you IQ is just too low to enter into any constructive argument with. Good day.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
daryoor: boko haram boys no dey use russian ammu, na south south militants be dia customer .
Russia no be our mate make we just know our levels release those guys asap.

Do u just feel like spewing nonsense

Who makes AK-47 rifles? It's a Russian made weapon and it's far cheaper than the American made SMGs.... They're one reason Africa has more arms than food... Bloody Russians
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by drsteroid(m): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
Our country's problem lies with d westener.dis men shud be chargd n jaild cos dis weapons r meant 4 criminals in dis country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by raynold17(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
first I. still don't believe they were smuggling arms since it hasn't been proven yet..who in his ryt senses go pass Nigeria water no carry gun..dem go use your heard do ransom..
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by MANOSUB(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
Okija_juju: WHY!!!!?!
They were not supplying anybody in Nigeria...
ANYWAYS!!! All it would take is one SMS from one small secretary in the Russian government to Jonathan that reads Release them now, or... And they will be free..
Biitch third world nation trying to prosecute a G-8 countrys citizen... If police dey find who to charge go court, Odili is live on ground...
No cause for alarm...
[size=4]MEANWHILE>>>> THIS IS MY SECOND FIRST TO REPLY POSTS IN 24HRS...... BABA GAWD YOU ARE TOO KIND TO ME... OSHE BABA!!! YOU ARE TOO GBASKI!! [/size]
Okija_juju & et al, please learn to be positive in some scenarios. Everything in Nigeria is not that bad. Arms smuggling is a betrayal of bilateral agreement if the story is true. Where do you think arm robbers, kidnappers, boko haram, militants etc get their weapons from. If we will be safe in Nigeria, we should all come together to fight these people who are taking advantage of the poor security arrangement in our country. Nigeria is our country, you can't deny this fact. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by MANOSUB(m): 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
Okija_juju: WHY!!!!?!

They were not supplying anybody in Nigeria...

ANYWAYS!!! All it would take is one SMS from one small secretary in the Russian government to Jonathan that reads Release them now, or... And they will be free..

Biitch third world nation trying to prosecute a G-8 countrys citizen... If police dey find who to charge go court, Odili is live on ground...

No cause for alarm...

[size=4]MEANWHILE>>>> THIS IS MY SECOND FIRST TO REPLY POSTS IN 24HRS...... BABA GAWD YOU ARE TOO KIND TO ME... OSHE BABA!!! YOU ARE TOO GBASKI!! [/size]

Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Okijajuju1(m): 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
[b]@ the sensible and sane headed few on this thread...

Last time I checked, everyone was entitled to their opinions.. Anyhooo

I actually posted a reply which carried the article of the Iranians and their cache of arms which were seized at Tin Can ports but pyguru banned me. That consignment had mortar rounds, artillery rounds and a lot more high powered weapons. That shipment landed in Nigeria. It's destination was Nigeria, yet nothing. They dragged the suspects around for a few weeks and the story disappeared from papers. Even the UN got involved in that matter..

Now that was Iran o! Same Iran that is facing so much international pressure and sanctions. Now we have some Russians who we caught in our territorial waters with a few guns and some ammo and we are jumping.

Those conversant with international politics knows that Russia will definitely get involved, some deals will go down in high places, the suspects will be released together with their vessel and their arms. This has nothing to do with our laws. This is international diplomacy at play. It's sort of like Iran that caught those American hikers that we're unknowingly in Iranian territory, what happened? Didn't Ahmedinejad release them?! Or the Christian American missionaries arrested in Iran that were supposed to be executed, what happened!? Nothing.. Power pass power..

If the Nigerian police are looking for work, they should start by catching and prosecuting common street thieves first. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Okijajuju1(m): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
Henry120:
Okija juju or whatever silly name you call yourself. You are a nonentity and an un repentant, silly dullard. I do not wish to enter into an argument with you. I've got class, standard and I'm sorry you don't fit into the bill, you IQ is just too low to enter into any constructive argument with. Good day.

Go fhuck yourself you bastard child of an unfortunate mother..

You talk about class.. Prolly kindergarten. You insulted me without provocation. You addressed me as an idiiot and now you talk about class.. You wouldn't know what class was even if you were sitted on a desk inside a school.

You even talked of IQ.. Nigga please.. Stay in your lane puppy, I eat biitches like you for dessert. Go to the kiddy section, that's were your class is located.. Fhucking bendeho
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by jaymichael(m): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
There is no evidence that they are smuggling the arms into Nigeria other than they were in Nigerian territorial waters. Worst case, they are trespassing. where and for whom the arms are destined for? though the whole world know say those Russian people na baba for gun running.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by 2million1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
Henry120:

You are talking like an hediot. So because they are white, russian, they are now above the law of the sovereign state of the federal republic of nigeria. Do you know the high number of nigerians languishing in russian jails. We are where we are as a nation today, because of people marauding around with your sort of slave mentality and orientation. The government should do the proper thing and jail these russians. These merchant of deaths( russians, ukrainians, chinese, brits and americans) are indirectly responsible for the murder of over 3000 nigerians over the past 2years of boko haram's insurgency in the north, and the many armed robberies in the south. like in russia, laws in nigeria should be respected. These arm smugglers cannot / should not be allowed to go scot free, to send a clear message to others wanting to toe the same path as them. My country is not a safe haven for gun running.
are you from Naija at all?, cus your comment sounds alien
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
Henry120:

Try and understand what Okija was trying to say, Nigeria as a nation doesn't have the swag to prosecute those people, just wait till russia threaten Nigeria and you will see how fast they will release them, in the case that russia decides to make a point to Nigeria by attacking one area in Nigeria, do we have what it takes to defend ourself?. Russia is brutal don't mess with them and naija as it is now with its current of security shouldn't provoke ndi russia. Yes we have the ability to be more greater than them in every area but no thanks to our stupid and senseless leaders
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Okijajuju1(m): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
gboss4sure:

Try and understand what Okija was trying to say, Nigeria as a nation doesn't have the swag to prosecute those people, just wait till russia threaten Nigeria and you will see how fast they will release them, in the case that russia decides to make a point to Nigeria by attacking one area in Nigeria , do we have what it takes to defend ourself?. Russia is brutal don't mess with them and naija as it is now with its current of security shouldn't provoke ndi russia. Yes we have the ability to be more greater than them in every area but no thanks to our stupid and senseless leaders
The one in bold is laughable but can be possible though(at the very slimmest chance). The UN must hears about what the provocation is for at this point in time,if such happens, when Russians are the culprits.

Jeez! You are infuriating me, dude!

I don't want to hear anything from those bedwetters who always go against American surveillance in the Persian gulf!
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
If na naija do am now those americans go don begin dey rate us for terror list rubbish
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by emmatok(m): 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
all4naija: The one in bold is laughable but can be possible though(at the very slimmest chance). The UN must hears about what the provocation is for at this point in time,if such happens, when Russians are the culprits.

Jeez! You are infuriating me, dude!

I don't want to hear anything from those bedwetters who always go against American surveillance in the Persian gulf!

I understand your patriotism but face the reality.
If they were actually smuggling weapons why didn't the government go after the buyers.

It will be more embarrassing if those Russians open can of worm on our government, cos the might actually know those buyers.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
emmatok:

I understand your patriotism but face the reality.
If they were actually smuggling weapons why didn't the government go after the buyers.

It will be more embarrassing if those Russians open can of worm on our government, cos the might actually know those buyers.
I like your trifling contribution. Russians are the culprits in this regard. If you ask me why, I would put it in a conjectural term as, 'there is nothing wrong in apprehending illicit drug lords and the users'. In other words, the group caught first among the two will face the laws at that point in time. And, Russian illegal weapons dealers happen to be just that first group.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Bastiger(m): 12:14am On Jan 10, 2013
it's very funny that people in Nigeria still have this "colo mentality" fela been talk years back say na wetin dey wori us.if not the colo mentality that has taken hold of most African leaders and citizens who in da bloody hell are russians?are they above the law? so they can bloody h ell do whatever they like cos they are russians?or may be they are a member of G-8?they should go breaking the laws of other countries? anyway i no blame una na our weak govt i dey blame if not people for no come here dey glorify russia..nonsense, russians my a ss
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by TerryCarr(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2013
josh4ever:

Do u just feel like spewing nonsense

Who makes AK-47 rifles? It's a Russian made weapon and it's far cheaper than the American made SMGs.... They're one reason Africa has more arms than food... Bloody Russians
AKs are also made in africa and else where. yeah lets blame Russia, Europe, America, and Arabs for africa's greed and corruption
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by ortopazz(m): 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
gboss4sure:

Try and understand what Okija was trying to say, Nigeria as a nation doesn't have the swag to prosecute those people, just wait till russia threaten Nigeria and you will see how fast they will release them, in the case that russia decides to make a point to Nigeria by attacking one area in Nigeria, do we have what it takes to defend ourself?. Russia is brutal don't mess with them and naija as it is now with its current of security shouldn't provoke ndi russia. Yes we have the ability to be more greater than them in every area but no thanks to our stupid and senseless leaders

Guy if u were close na beer Ah 4 buy 4 u, we no get that kan SWAG, chei God o! Where u find am just the rait word, we dnt have it, so pol.patriots bnk ur hopes else where.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by kristikat(f): 4:23am On Jan 13, 2013
if russian military were smuggling guns with the military of another country as an agreement between two governments of seperate countries,
or rephrased if the goverment of one country have such an agreement with another gov or another country using the military for its purposes,
then more than one country would be involved,
the matter would probably be taken to the international Criminal court of justice,
but if members of the military of that country (and not the government itself) smuggled weapons with civilians of another country and not with the heads of government of the other country,
who is doing the smuggling the government or the military? they are not the same thing, and not run by the same people, the military can break its own country's laws and then that country will have jurisdiction over its civilians for doing so,
then it would be a totally different matter as explained beneath:

people don't seem to consider who has jurisdiction in this matter,
either nigeria or russia will have jurisdiction, based on WHERE THE CRIME WAS COMMITTED OR STATUS OF NATIONALITY,

if the crime was committed in nigeria then nigeria would have jurisdiction over the russians,
but if the CRIME AND CONCLUDING THE AMMUNITION SMUGGLING was agreed upon in RUSSIA prior before entering nigerian waters then RUSSIA would have jurisdiction over its own military members,
you have to consider where was the ammunition loaded? where was the deal concluded?
surely the deal to smuggle weaponry was not concluded in NIGERIA,
and according to the law the "sea belongs to nobody" meaning that if weapons are found on the sea jurisdiction belongs to nobody but the country to whom the vessel it was found upon belongs to if say WEAPON THEFT was involved as a continual crime,
BUT WE ARE NOT DEALING WITH WEAPON THEFT BUT A DEAL MADE BETWEEN TWO PARTIES TO SMUGGLE WEAPONS, THE ONE PARTY IS NOT STEALING FROM ANOTHER BUT PROVIDING TO ANOTHER; the deal could have been concluded in another country and not in RUSSIA,
WHERE THE CRIME TO TOOK PLACE - WHERE THE DECISION WAS MADE TO SMUGGLE THE WEAPONS will determine jucidial authority aka jurisdiction.

it is not like the weapon smuggling begins in one place and ends in another,
for example if nigeria was indeed the destination it would be relevant and make nigeria look bad,
because what if the deal was concluded in nigeria via telephone or personal visit between nigerian and russian civilians before the merchandise was delivered?
then both nigeria and russia will have jurisdiction over the CRIMINALS INVOLVED, regardless of ethnicity, based on nationality alone,
in this case NATIONALITY will determine jurisdiction and which COUNTRY will be allowed to prosecute his own civilians.

both countries would have jurisdiction in above scenario or the one country can agree to give jurisdiction to another, and the criminals would be prosecuted in agreed upon country.
but if nigeria was not the destination and the contract to smuggle weapons was not concluded between russian an nigerian civilians then NIGERIA WILL HAVE NO JURISDICTION OVER THE MATTER, MEANING that NIGERIA would have no right to detain or prosecute the RUSSIANS involved in this crime.
Re: Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 14, 2013
kristikat: if russian military were smuggling guns with the military of another country as an agreement between two governments of seperate countries,
or rephrased if the goverment of one country have such an agreement with another gov or another country using the military for its purposes,
then more than one country would be involved,
the matter would probably be taken to the international Criminal court of justice,
but if members of the military of that country (and not the government itself) smuggled weapons with civilians of another country and not with the heads of government of the other country,
who is doing the smuggling the government or the military? they are not the same thing, and not run by the same people, the military can break its own country's laws and then that country will have jurisdiction over its civilians for doing so,
then it would be a totally different matter as explained beneath:

people don't seem to consider who has jurisdiction in this matter,
either nigeria or russia will have jurisdiction, based on WHERE THE CRIME WAS COMMITTED OR STATUS OF NATIONALITY,

if the crime was committed in nigeria then nigeria would have jurisdiction over the russians,
but if the CRIME AND CONCLUDING THE AMMUNITION SMUGGLING was agreed upon in RUSSIA prior before entering nigerian waters then RUSSIA would have jurisdiction over its own military members,
you have to consider where was the ammunition loaded? where was the deal concluded?
surely the deal to smuggle weaponry was not concluded in NIGERIA,
and according to the law the "sea belongs to nobody" meaning that if weapons are found on the sea jurisdiction belongs to nobody but the country to whom the vessel it was found upon belongs to if say WEAPON THEFT was involved as a continual crime,
BUT WE ARE NOT DEALING WITH WEAPON THEFT BUT A DEAL MADE BETWEEN TWO PARTIES TO SMUGGLE WEAPONS, THE ONE PARTY IS NOT STEALING FROM ANOTHER BUT PROVIDING TO ANOTHER; the deal could have been concluded in another country and not in RUSSIA,
WHERE THE CRIME TO TOOK PLACE - WHERE THE DECISION WAS MADE TO SMUGGLE THE WEAPONS will determine jucidial authority aka jurisdiction.

it is not like the weapon smuggling begins in one place and ends in another,
for example if nigeria was indeed the destination it would be relevant and make nigeria look bad,
because what if the deal was concluded in nigeria via telephone or personal visit between nigerian and russian civilians before the merchandise was delivered?
then both nigeria and russia will have jurisdiction over the CRIMINALS INVOLVED, regardless of ethnicity, based on nationality alone,
in this case NATIONALITY will determine jurisdiction and which COUNTRY will be allowed to prosecute his own civilians.

both countries would have jurisdiction in above scenario or the one country can agree to give jurisdiction to another, and the criminals would be prosecuted in agreed upon country.
but if nigeria was not the destination and the contract to smuggle weapons was not concluded between russian an nigerian civilians then NIGERIA WILL HAVE NO JURISDICTION OVER THE MATTER, MEANING that NIGERIA would have no right to detain or prosecute the RUSSIANS involved in this crime.
Bollocks! Bunch of bollocks!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Results 4rm Owo In Ondo State. / Who Is This Chap Enjoying His Life In London? / Owerri To Aba Road Construction Ongoing By Pmb Led Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.