Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,000 members, 7,799,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market (4169 Views)

DSS & Soldiers Raid Eziuche Ubani's Home, Driver Beaten / Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries / Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by mukina2: 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
ABIA GOVT INAUGURATES COMMITTEE TO RELOCATE MAIN MARKET

www.nairaland.com/attachments/942493_photonl_JPGfde8b32fcdff04aa5abd5cd40ee7e9a1

The Abia state government has inaugurated a seven-man committee to see to final realization of the Ubani modern market this year.
Inaugurating the committee at the government house, Umuahia, the governor, Chief Theodore Orji said the committee is to raise money for the completion of the market as well as to allocate shops equitably to traders.

He said that traders who have shops already at the main market should be considered first while allocating the shops rather than allowing those who have money to buy all the shops.

Chief Orji who said that the new market is about 80% completed disclosed that 2013 is the terminal date for the relocation of the main market to the new site and charged the committee to take the assignment seriously.

He advised the committee to discuss with the traders to make their own imput in order to ensure a smooth relocation.

The governor stated that the government has made tremendous progress at the new market as about 5,000 stores have been built while light has also been connected.

He made public that the relocation exercise is not punitive or targeted at any person but rather aimed at enhancing the aesthetics of Umuahia, the capital city of the state.

Responding on behalf of the other members, the chairman of the committee, chief Ebenezer Offors thanked the governor for choosing them to serve and assured that the relocation of the Umuahia main market will be completed by the end of July this year.

Nnaji Obed Asiegbu
Special Assistant e-Governance & Strategy
to the Abia State Governor

Nairalanders, What are your opinions on this Abia Government move:Is it worthy of emulation by other states? And don't you think Abians need to appreciate their government more?

2 Likes

Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ok... F.T.C tongue

2 Likes

Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by stacomaster(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
Umuahia ba ..ah knw blame una.. My aba Jt de Naked cry
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Okijajuju1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
ok....

1 Like

Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by brightk(m): 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
this man won just cause inflation for abians..me i de stay umuahia presently and i don reach d place. d place just 2 far for likin.. anyway all pdp governors de reason de same na wetin i don si b dat..

from were i de stay i go enter keke na pep go one end (former market) come trek small go d next bus stop.. come enter bus/keke na pepe go d present market..inflation for prices of garri and vegetable for poor man...

mtchewwwwwwww
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by agitator: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
ok fifth I need to go for deliverance. wink
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
A committee to relocate the main market? Hmmm... I see that Ochendo has been taking tutorials from the gentleman at Aso Rock...
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Afam4eva(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
There's nothing Theodore Orji does that tickles my fancy. He has failed Abians simple.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
This Mukina na heavy " Minister of Propaganda", What sort of Boys quarter market is this, to be emulated by other states,? I cant wait for that mugu to leave office and stop arresting those who criticize him
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by chinex86: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
thank God...Gov. orji has finally come to his senses. Lets see whether he will sustain the momentum.
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Livindon: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
market with aluminum roof, some one should help this man upgrade.
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Leboska(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
lolz
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Ejine(m): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
That market looks mediocre and cheap as hell.

This is what a real market should look like cool

Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by kelsonpoint(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
I hope dey are not relocating ariaria market also undecided
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by kelsonpoint(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ejiné: That market looks mediocre and cheap as hell.

This is what a real market should look like cool

u dey crase? We dey china?
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by thejurist: 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
The Governor has fulfilled one of the major promises he made to Abians during his campaign...The relocation of this market will put Umuahia on the map. Great move by Gov TA Orji
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by brightk(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
kels on point: I hope dey are not relocating ariaria market also undecided

how dem won take start.. fear nor go let am commot from thier mouth. d day dem try am na dat da women riot go raise its ugly head again and u know d former outcome..
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Igweka(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Good develop ment. But
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by ammnesty: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
LIES UPON LIES..HU HIM DY DECIEVE..ANODA MEANS 2 ESTORT MONEY FRM WE ABIANS..GOD WIL 4GIVE HIM
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by trix1: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
mukina2:

Inaugurating the committee at the government house, Umuahia, the governor, Chief Theodore Orji said [size=13pt]the committee is to raise money for the completion of the market as well as to allocate shops[/size] equitably to traders.

The committee isn't to relocate main market. there's no money to complete the project, na money dem dey find....
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Slimwize(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Iz dat an achievment?
Abeg make person hear beta word,other govns do better tinz,, all he knws iz to build market so dat old women(market women) wil side 4 him,.... .

His excellency ,with due respect,'go to hell'
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by trix1: 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
thejurist: The Governor has fulfilled one of the major promises he made to Abians during his campaign...The relocation of this market will put Umuahia on the map. Great move by Gov TA Orji

how has he fulfilled this promise? by setting up a committee to raise funds to complete the project?
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by thejurist: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
I am happy and remain happy. It's a great idea and appreciate the government on this. Also attracting Shoprite into Umuahia has become another milestone to us. Thank you governor TA Orji

Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by thejurist: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
The market is 80% completed, electricity and other facility available. The committee is to allocate shops and in the process raise money
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Ejine(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
kels on point: u dey crase? We dey china?

Bruvah, I'm not saying we should ape it to look like the Chinese style of architecture - not at all.
Um tawkin' about the sheer scale of this thing! The floors, the ambition and the uniqueness of this goddamned thing!

Just look at this!

Wanna bet the so-called Ubani won't even have a fucckkiing street lamp?
That craaap just looks like a fucckkiing farm room where you store your shovels, hoes, rakes, machetes n' shhiit.
It's not fit to be called a fucckking kiosk!

Nigerian architecture in general is so mediocre, ugly, and uninspiring! Just like the craappy no-sidewalk-having roads these dumb governors enjoy building, where you'll have to do a long jump over a gigantic, mosquito larvae-filled gutter to get to the other side.

What a shame!
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by Ejine(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
thejurist: I am happy and remain happy. It's a great idea and appreciate the government on this. Also attracting Shoprite into Umuahia has become another milestone to us. Thank you governor TA Orji

Why are you showing us the clocktower? Was it Ochendo who built the clocktower? Idiioot!
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by brianromel(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Seriously beginning to consider that Abia has a problem. When other states are moving on wit on project or the other.
The unable governor is inaugurating a committee to collect rent for a glorifies aluminum shop.

Someone remind me,When is his tenor expiring again.
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by ocelot2006(m): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
mukina2:

Nairalanders, What are your opinions on this Abia Government move:Is it worthy of emulation by other states? And don't you think Abians need to appreciate their government more?

Appreciate ke? You're not serious. Go and checkout the development in neighbouring Akwa Ibom state.
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by ocelot2006(m): 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
I truly feel for my Abian neighbours. Their leaders are totally incompetent, clueless, and downright wicked. It's about time Abians kick out useless clowns like TA and demand for good leadership.
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by cecegorz(m): 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
thejurist: The Governor has fulfilled one of the major promises he made to Abians during his campaign...The relocation of this market will put Umuahia on the map. Great move by Gov TA Orji
Are you the SA on e-governance that wrote that epistle? Umuahia on the Map indeed! Unless you mean Musiwa's map sha.
Better tell your sleeping boss to wake up.
The nation has gone beyond building a shanty kiosk and beating your chest in self adulation.
The last time I went to Ariaria last year rainy season, traders were wading through knee length of dirty flood to access their shops
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by jmoore(m): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
so T.A. Orji has started paying some moderators on nairaland to promote him.
Have you been to Abia? Have you been to aba? I have spent more than 20 years of my life in aba and I am still in aba while posting this comment. There is nothing to write home about T.A Orjis adminstration. If I am to score him I will give him 9% and thats being generous
Re: Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market by thejurist: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
We know that there are many sadists in Abia State but for whatever reason, sadist must see reason to appreciate governor TA Orji. He is the main man. The only man that has embarked on developmental projects since of the creation of Abia State. There is lighting Umuahia and environs because he invested heavily on power evacuation. Even the shameless sadists are enjoying the full current and security in the state. Bravo my governor. Onukwurunjo ke kwunma. He recently flagged off the reconstruction of 16 roads in Aba and yet those roads are almost put to use by the Aba sadists. No appreciation and no commendation. God will judge the sadists separately. Bravo my governor, I appreciate your efforts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari Throws A Bombshell At Buhari: Quit Now / Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House / I Will Leave Igboland If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Governor Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.