Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! (10409 Views)

Domestic Violence Against Men / Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? / Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
baby_123: grin grin grin grin cheesy

OK oooo. I dont agree with abuse against men.

But wait first. Some men act possessed. Some little insults here and there work magic to wake them up. And most of their friends like to put mouth where it does not concern them. Trying to take charge of someone else's home from outside. The woman suddenly finds herself fighting battles that she doesnt know who the enemy is. Men can be so sheepish sometimes that the woman has to take charge and put things in order. Otherwise, outsiders will make a mess of your life. Male friends need to know to stay out of couples business, because at the end of the day they will both fight you.

everything you said is true.
and it also applies to WOMEN. Some women who have NO PARTNERS will try to jeopardize the relationships of their friends, family, and associates spitefully to soothe their pain of being alone. The truth is though, some men are abused..if not physically, a lot are emotionally. We have to take it into consideration that just as we as women (who truth be told go through it much more) despise negative treatment from men AND OTHER WOMEN, we must check ourselves in the ways we deal with men. It's not right, regardless.

@topic: If you are not happy with your partner and there is constant arguing or even physical assaults, let that relationship GO! Separate immediately! If you feel you need to be "taught" how to treat or love your partner by those who clearly do not respect your relationship again you need to call it quits because you most certainly are not ready for it. If you ARE the abused (emotionally or physically) and feel trapped, you need to make the necessary sacrifices to free yourself. Don't let this thing called "love" blind you. That's not love but addiction hun, leave the source of your issues and work on loving YOU. When the time is right you will love again...hopefully not that same loser.

Abuse of any kinds is hurtful and damaging not just to the ones who receive the ill treatment but even to those who give them.

People just need to learn to respect themselves and others...the human male and female, alike.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by omocheche(f): 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
lol.................... still laughing
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by sageon: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
@op
This thread reminds me of two male colleagues back at our Lagos office; formerly cheerful folks until they were wedded, and how in a bid to escape, set up permanent residence in the office, under the guise of night shifts and uncompleted assignments. One was brave enough to mutter to a few friends, how he had been deceived and wished the step was never taken.

Sadly, the neglect of the right to protection, redress or equal hearing and treatment, of the adult male extends even to male children. Rarely do you hear of admitted abuses, by the women folk, to these kids earn their deserved rebuke; at best, a few days probation, a fine or warning, or worse- blame could be placed on the shoulders of the victim’s parents. The last case in Florida, which I followed, to see how fair and unbiased the laws could be, turned out to be the same cavil and a waste of time- the lady walked away free and was told to sin no more. You need not picture the scenario were a man the defendant or suspect.

This violence and abuse is not new. Men rarely are encouraged to find redress or evince even the most casual signs of abuse. Society insists his role is to slave and fend for the other, regardless; and goodness-“What are his brawns for?”, some will ask.

Today’s band of laws, and our docility to its basis, seemed to have given further tenor to that. We have seen legal imprimaturs to fleecing, under various divorce scripts that dot the books. You may be far from understanding the impact until you know some folk or may have been there yourself.

As to the possibility of a having these issues, earn some deserved attention or correction-I really doubt. It’s the duplicitous world we have patented-one that denies the human capacity for violence regardless of gender or race, one the insists of the entrenchment of a doctrine of entitlement, where nothing was sowed, one that submits to power without responsibility and, one that would likely be borne until retributive violence ensures society's demise.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by armyofone(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2013
No need for a woman to fight. If you live in nig, the day he puts his hands on you, leave to your parents house. If you have money, pay some awon boys to give it to him.
if you live in obodo, you dial 9-1-1 a day in jail licking jailers a-nus will teach a lesson.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by baby124: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:

everything you said is true.
and it also applies to WOMEN. Some women who have NO PARTNERS will try to jeopardize the relationships of their friends, family, and associates spitefully to soothe their pain of being alone. The truth is though, some men are abused..if not physically, a lot are emotionally. We have to take it into consideration that just as we as women (who truth be told go through it much more) despise negative treatment from men AND OTHER WOMEN, we must check ourselves in the ways we deal with men. It's not right, regardless.

@topic: If you are not happy with your partner and there is constant arguing or even physical assaults, let that relationship GO! Separate immediately! If you feel you need to be "taught" how to treat or love your partner by those who clearly do not respect your relationship again you need to call it quits because you most certainly are not ready for it. If you ARE the abused (emotionally or physically) and feel trapped, you need to make the necessary sacrifices to free yourself. Don't let this thing called "love" blind you. That's not love but addiction hun, leave the source of your issues and work on loving YOU. When the time is right you will love again...hopefully not that same loser.

Abuse of any kinds is hurtful and damaging not just to the ones who receive the ill treatment but even to those who give them.

People just need to learn to respect themselves and others...the human male and female, alike.

I never said abuse was right. But for people to try to say insulting your spouse is some kind of taboo is a big fallacy. If you disrespect me, I will insult you heavily. If a man wants to maintain his place in the home he has to act accordingly. You cannot imagine the level of disrespect Nigerian women are expected to endure. And all that disrespect is very abusive by the way. Besides I wonder how these so called pretenders fight, or they want to claim they and their husbands don't fight? Abeg, make dem park jare! Me and my boo get each other, I respect the guy well. So if I insult him he is even more disappointed in himself.lol. As for the friends part, na ontop bed we dey discuss them. He cannot keep a secret from me. So any friend trying to play side games will be caught and dealt with. All I am saying here is men should check themselves. If a wife is keeping your friend from you, you are the problem.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by baby124: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
armyofone: No need for a woman to fight. If you live in nig, the day he puts his hands on you, leave to your parents house. If you have money, pay some awon boys to give it to him.
if you live in obodo, you dial 9-1-1 a day in jail licking jailers a-nus will teach a lesson.

Abi o, too much story. Is my husband now a god that I cannot talk to him and tell it like it is. You think keeping your wife in a tight spot so you can be single while married is great abi. Well great for you, but not the woman. If you misbehave, be ready for whatever and take it in stride.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Michky: 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
baby_123:

I never said abuse was right. But for people to try to say insulting your spouse is some kind of taboo is a big fallacy. If you disrespect me, I will insult you heavily. If a man wants to maintain his place in the home he has to act accordingly. You cannot imagine the level of disrespect Nigerian women are expected to endure. And all that disrespect is very abusive by the way. Besides I wonder how these so called pretenders fight, or they want to claim they and their husbands don't fight? Abeg, make dem park jare! Me and my boo get each other, I respect the guy well. So if I insult him he is even more disappointed in himself.lol. As for the friends part, na ontop bed we dey discuss them. He cannot keep a secret from me. So any friend trying to play side games will be caught and dealt with. All I am saying here is men should check themselves. If a wife is keeping your friend from you, you are the problem.

True, violence against women has been a big problem in this part of the world. The laws are realy protecting women the more these days. THE UNITED NATIONS' recent RECOMMENDATIONS TO WORLD GOVERNMENTS one of which advocates for more women protection says alot.

However, IMHO, you're seriously mistaken when you say you have a boyfriend. My dear, look very well, that person you're dating is a woman (not a man).

Well, best of luck with your relationship. Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by coogar: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
Michky:

True, violence against women has been a big problem in this part of the world. The laws are realy protecting women the more these days. THE UNITED NATIONS' recent RECOMMENDATIONS TO WORLD GOVERNMENTS one of which advocates for more women protection says alot.

However, IMHO, you're seriously mistaken when you say you have a boyfriend. My dear, look very well, that person you're dating is a woman (not a man).
Well, best of luck with your relationship. Different strokes for different folks.

you mean baby_123 is a dyke?
she doesn't strike me as such - can you elaborate your findings further?
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by baby124: 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

Lol, really. You have time. I am over this thread already. *bored*.

My hubby is 1,000,000 more of a man than any of these lobotomized misfired drops of turd.

cheesy
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by bjcole(m): 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
debrief08: No one should stay with a violent person until the violent partner decides he/ she has a problem and gets help. No one should put up with violence and be expected to "cure" or "control" it
A victim should know that they didn't "cause it, they can't cure it and control it, its up to the person with the problem to decide to help him/herslef.
Madam ur argument is not correct, most cases of violence are instigated, If u r constantly being abused, then u ve a problem
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by armyofone(m): 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Lordy Lordy, where you come find this kin grammar?

baby_123:

Lol, really. You have time. I am over this thread already. *bored*.

My hubby is 1,000,000 more of a man than any of these lobotomized misfired drops of turd.

cheesy

l'obo kini/gini grin grin grin?
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
^^^ Even with such incidence, many pretend this issue is non existent...a mere disagreement.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
bjcole: Madam ur argument is not correct, most cases of violence are instigated, If u r constantly being abused, then u ve a problem

Oh lawd! Here we go again!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by SisiKill1: 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
ileobatojo:

Oh lawd! Here we go again!

LMFAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by tadysmart(m): 12:39am On Jan 13, 2013
Gambrosia: Glad to know 'Men' are now crying. . . .About time too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGfG5c65r2s

Men, when you sow violence. . . YOU REAP VIOLENCE.
No woman was born violent.
VIOLENT MEN TAUGHT THEM HOW TO BE! kiss

This what you get when marry a wrestler in the wife.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Michky: 5:57am On Jan 13, 2013
coogar:

Lol...not literary. Most men act more like women these days. Sad.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by funkem5(f): 4:12am On Jan 14, 2013
[color=#000000][/color] ;Dcute!!!nice1,though my case was "STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN"
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 4:19am On Jan 14, 2013
^^^ Thanks, Violence and abuse on any Gender in any form is Unacceptable.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by agiboma(f): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2013
Abuse in general is wrong. I have know many girlfriends that beat up their significant other. Its wrong and the couple especially the abuser needs to work on thier anger issues befor things escalate. Problem in Nigeria is their are very little support systems inplaced to help with such mental health issues. The culture on a whole sucha topic would be considered to be taboo. It starts with society on a whole realizing that this is a problem and programs need to be inplaced to take care of it. Butr i mean they have not even scratched the surface of female physical abused by their male partneers so this one is certainly a long shot.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by EfemenaXY: 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
What a thread!

The cursing, bitching and insults have been much more entertaining than the topic itself cheesy

(Now, that's just my opinion...)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Just Lost My Dad / 10 qualities every spouse/partner must possessto enjoy and sustain their marriag / Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.