Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,136 members, 7,780,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:57 AM

How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? (1076 Views)

10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ghettodreamz(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
Fellow Nairalanderz,let's play with some Math brain teasers here.

A farmer is trying to cross a river. He is taking with him a rabbit, carrots and a fox, and he has a small raft. He can only bring 1 item a time across the river because his raft can only fit either the rabbit, the carrots or the fox. How does he cross the river. (You can assume that the fox does not eat the rabbit if the man is present, you can also assume that the fox and the rabbit are not trying to escape and run away)
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ghettodreamz(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
Make una make attempt na... Una just de view without comment gringringrin

It's just for the fun of it na!
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by jhydebaba(m): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
Take the rabbit to the other side.
Go back and take the fox while returning the rabbit.
Take the carrot there.
Finally the rabbit.
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by YoshiMaster: 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
I would suggest that the rabbit eat the fox, and then the carrot eats the rabbit, that way the man can eat the carrot and have his raft all to his lonesome
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ghettodreamz(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
I would suggest that the rabbit eat the fox, and then the carrot eats the rabbit, that way the man can eat the carrot and have his raft all to his lonesome

Thats hilarious gringringrin
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ghettodreamz(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
jhydebaba: Take the rabbit to the other side.
Go back and take the fox while returning the rabbit.
Take the carrot there.
Finally the rabbit.

Hmmmmm. Nice 1, Ayam suzpectin somtin though gringringrin
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jhydebaba has said it but let me drop mine too:
1. The Farmer takes the rabbit first.
2. He goes back to get the fox, drop it and takes the rabbit with him.
3. When he gets to the starting point, he exchanges the rabbit for the carrot and drops it at the receiving end.
4. Then goes back for the rabbit.

OR

2. He goes back to get the carrot, drop it and takes the rabbit with him.
3. When he gets to the starting point, he exchanges the rabbit for the fox and drops it at the receiving end.

Problem solved!
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ghettodreamz(m): 1:48am On Jan 10, 2013
ferhyntorlah: Jhydebaba has said it but let me drop mine too:
2. He goes back to get the fox, drop it and takes the rabbit with him.
3. When he gets to the starting point, he exchanges the rabbit for the carrot and drops it at the receiving end.

OR

2. He goes back to get the carrot, drop it and takes the rabbit with him.
3. When he gets to the starting point, he exchanges the rabbit for the fox and drops it at the receiving end.

Problem solved!

Your first solution is the most appropriate here,it's quite obvious that the fox will def eat the carrots if the farmer had left it there with her whilst he goes back to get the rabbit.
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ghettodreamz(m): 3:56am On Jan 10, 2013
[size=14pt]MORE! MORE!! MORE!!!
[/size]

A merchant can place 8 large boxes or 10 small boxes into a carton for shipping. In one shipment, he sent a total of 96 boxes. If there are more large boxes than small boxes, how many cartons did he ship?

Three brothers live in a farm. They agreed to buy new seeds: Adam and Ben would go and Charlie stayed to protect fields. Ben bought 75 sacks of wheat in the market whereas Adam bought 45 sacks. At home, they split the sacks equally. Charlie had paid 1400 dollars for the wheat. How much dollars did Ben and Adam get of the sum, considering equal split of the sacks?

Good Morning...
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Your first solution is the most appropriate here,it's quite obvious that the fox will def eat the carrots if the farmer had left it there with her whilst he goes back to get the rabbit.

Well, I typed that based on the assumptions you gave. I just discovered that foxed are omnivores.
Re: How Good Are You At Solving Math Brain Teasers? by ghettodreamz(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Well, I typed that based on the assumptions you gave. I just discovered that foxed are omnivores.

Good you know better now.. The other 2 new Q's ?

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Update: No Retreat, No Surrender – ASUU President / Ican -ats September Diet. / ASUU Or Federal Government: Who Is To Be Blamed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.