Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life (41562 Views)

The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. / Any lady that says YES to these questions can't remain single for long. / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
9 Reasons Why Some African Ladies End Up Single For Life

[b]
1. Many African ladies will end up singles for life because of media exposure- it is so disheartening how a lady will glue her eyes on a mobile phone from morning to night, only to raise it up to focus on television to watch another celebrity entertainment channel. Tell me, what else will dominate this lady’s mindset aside how to live a fake celebrity life being promoted on television channels?

2. Many African ladies now dislike cooking and home chores just because they had been totally brainwashed by movies showcasing men playing the role of women in a family, and due to excessive exposure to modern media that promotes gender-equality in a destructive way that’s aimed at destroying the unique African family setting that made our previous African marriages everlasting and envious to the westerns. Now, with this attitude, how do you expect a African man to desire to marry when he knows he is only buying more headache and trouble than helper for himself?

3. Excessive makeup turns most decent and serious-minded men off- if you have observed, you will discover that most men dislike excessive makeup, and more don’t even like it at all; reason they often times discourage their true loved ones to do away with it cos it speaks ill of a lady even though so many men will applaud and complement you for looking like an Egyptian mummy. A slight makeup is okay; but if you are out for marriage, try always to look simple and natural, it will attract better men, decent and serious-minded, except you are still living in your high school life and not thinking towards marriage.

4. Stop Giving Your Number Out To Every Dick & Harry! No man would want to propose marriage to a lady whose phone is always talking and laughing with unserious calls. You may not be a playgirl, but he would judge you as one, and will likely flee at the slightest chance or disagreement.

5. You Don’t Bring Any Value Into The Life Of Men You Date or Are Dating- because your best friend married without contributing anything to the man that finally married her, doesn’t mean it will work for you that way. Think, work towards equipping yourself so that you can be a value and also add value to his life to convince him that you are worth committing to. Adding value to his life isn’t by giving him money, or material gifts, nope….good counsels, being his best friend, helping him attain his goals in life, lending him moral, mental and spiritual support, and by not just being a liability that only bring requests and problems to be solved.

6. Your Friends Run Your Life- how do you expect to find a husband when you still allow your clique of friends to be dictating which man you meet is worthy of your love and which is not? When will you wake up and face the fact that those your best friends even though they cherish you, wouldn’t want you to marry before them or to marry the best man?

7. You Give Everything Out During Dating- As a single lady who has not been taken to the altar, you need to reserve some things for your husband to be, especially your body, respect it and preserve it at all cost. In the past, men rushed to marry to get certain things or privileges they had been constantly denied while being single. Such privileges include and not limited to: constant sex and companionship, good food and tidied home, etc. But today, a single man gets even the best and of course more of constant sex, good food and excellent home-keeping more than his married counterparts, so tell me how the hell you want him to desire to marry you when you have given him virtually everything he desires from a wife while being his girlfriend? And the most painful part of it all is that he knows that you are prepared to cut down on sex supply, cooking, home-keeping, etc once he marries you, so why would he not want you to remain his girlfriend for life?

8. You Package Yourself Wrongly- in your attempt to look sexy, adorable and maybe appealing to guys, you have derailed from appealing to appalling. In fact you look more whorish than modest; more distractive than attractive, and more disgusting than adorable. Your dressing style determines who gets attracted to you most times. If you dress high school, only high school-thinking guys will be attracted to you, and if you dress excessively sexy and provocative, only randy men will come to you for urgent satisfaction of their immediate sex urge, so don’t be fooled by media hyping of certain kinds of dressing, they are meant for certain set of ladies you wouldn't like to be associated with, be careful. Remember, not all clothes that look sexy are good for a seriously searching for a soul mate single lady.

9. You Lack Manner, Character, Wisdom and Good Home Upbringing- definitely, your ‘hot girl’, ‘pretty girl’, ‘sexy girl’ looks will win you so many men; both the good, and the bad, but your inner beauty, your character and manner are the things that will determine whether any of those men would stay or run after accomplishing their evil missions. In order words, do away with nagging, being possessive, challenging with men in negative ways, the mentality of ‘what a man can do a woman can do better’, a lie devil has used to deceive and destroy so many ladies today, please do away with it.[/b]

www.facebook.com/relationships

224 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
+1

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by sistajay(f): 12:24am On Jan 10, 2013
Blah. . . . blah . . . . blah and blah love em or hate them, you'll still end up with one.

13 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 10, 2013
^^ the Op will marry an American grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Mynd44: 1:33am On Jan 10, 2013
SniperInADiaper: ^^ the Op will marry an American grin
Hmmmmm
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
Hmmmmm
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by donguutti: 5:34am On Jan 10, 2013
10.Stalking our social profiles,watching our every move on FB,BBM and even NL is not a marriage inspiring
quality.
But,op, are you trying to ruin my Year with Number 7.oga please remove it from the list.

7 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 10, 2013
Boohoo who cares
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by princemedico: 6:27am On Jan 10, 2013
On point and very true unlike the load of dos and don'ts we get here. Many ladies are victims of No. 4, they feel they are being social or jovial while they are doing damage.

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 6:38am On Jan 10, 2013
sista-jay:
Blah. . . . blah . . . . blah and blah love em or hate them, you'll still end up with one.

behold!... one of them.
it's not a must to get marry.

21 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 6:42am On Jan 10, 2013
SniperInADiaper: ^^ the Op will marry an American grin
probably...
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by ichidodo: 6:43am On Jan 10, 2013
correct piece,op. Will save this page #thumbsup#
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 6:52am On Jan 10, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Boohoo who cares
another one.
she boohooed and doesn't care,
instead of learning and make necessary amendments,they condemn you cos of their warped mindset.
wa b'eru re n'ibode

56 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
instead of learning and make necessary amendments
like turning into a zombie jus to have someone else's surname as my own? There is a reason why its 2013 not the 1950s anymore u adapt to it. Women had to adapt to going to receiving degrees and getting jobs jus like men,what makes a man too special to help wit taking care of his household (chores)

25 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2013
mondi_cheeks: what makes a man too special to help wit taking care of his household (chores)
see words,
well, helping in chores should be at the discretions of the husbands and shouldn't be seen as an obligation by the wives. this has been the general misconception among some ladies

37 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Mynd44: 11:04am On Jan 10, 2013
^^
Do they live in that house together? If they do why can't they share chores?

8 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^
Do they live in that house together? If they do why can't they share chores?
whaaaaat!... Mynd?
share chores? who shares n for who?
the husband can only help when it's absolutely necessary and the wife should see such as a favour not as an obligation.

25 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Mynd44: 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

whaaaaat!... Mynd?
the husband can only help when it's absolutely necessary and the wife should see such as a favour not as an obligation.
A favour that you help in the cleaning of your own house? Seriously? Guy are you kidding me or what?

14 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

shouldn't be seen as an obligation by the wives.
if he gets his own clothes dirty, when he gets hungry its shoudnt be seen as an OBLIGATION on her to cook or do his laundry, after all its his tummy and his clothes

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Frando29(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

whaaaaat!... Mynd?

thumbs up

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bunmila(f): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

whaaaaat!... Mynd?
Why should it be at his discretion if getting a job is no longer at her discretion in today's society but a must do. Let's be fair

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Adaeze003(f): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
Link pls. I've seen this before.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by jobaskia(m): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
@adeniyi. It should really be a favor not an obligation because women once given a meter they go extra mile. I do a lot of house chores at home whenever i feel i should do.

You don't need to tell me this is what that has to be done.God forbid a scenario whereby marriage crashes, i won't feel it that much coz i can do virtually everything except the key thing i cannot do myself.

6 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Mynd44: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
I can't believe what these guys are saying

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
bunmila:
Why should it be at his discretion if getting a job is no longer at her discretion in today's society but a must do. Let's be fair
gender equality will take you nowhere.

13 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

gender equality will take you nowhere.

Do you think that the lady should work also?

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
@OP, it is nice and for copyrite reasons for you to always acknowledge the original writer of a story/article. This piece you re-posted here was my original work. It is not only you that have done same, but I have seen lots of my works copied entirely and re-posted, and re-published in different blogs and sites without even saying thank you to the original writer, or dropping link to my personal blog where I publish most of these works, like I do when I copy another writer, which is me. That's bad, and it speaks bad of our reputation as Nigerians because I have heard several incidents where some foreign bloggers and article writers wrote me personally to ask for my permission to re-post and re-publish my work on their sites, and I gave them terms, and sometimes they invite me to be a guest writer on their sites/blogs.

Pls bro, next time, acknowledge the original writer for your own good image and honour. Thanks

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by fistonme(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
Mynd_44: I can't believe what these guys are saying

my brother you better believe oh. I no sure say u don dey relationship wey girl take such nice attitude of u wanting to share chores with her on the wrong perspective, you for no dey speak this your oyibo... O boy wake up oh na africa you dey oh even sef u be african. Make we no let MTV Base, Etv, BBc too brainwash us to our own detriment(hence the high rate of divorce in africa now compared to the pre-colonia era and advent of westernization of our culture in the name of civilization) in the name of enlightenment. Our culture is 95% right. Lets adhere to it and begin to enjoy the long 'diminished' joy in our homes and society at large. This is not to say i detest 'gender equality' but it has been observerd that most women rather want to use it as a pretext to ursurp the divinely ordained maxim man is the head in the home and abscond from duty. [Kindly pardon any harsh word used by me if any]

9 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bukatyne(f): 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

whaaaaat!... Mynd?
Is d hubby handicapped? Or does d wife only contribute when she feels like? There are some nice points in d OP but some re . Pray that you find a girl that suits you and stop generalizing. Oya be nice and tell mom why single men are not getting married?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
bukatyne: Is d hubby handicapped? Or does d wife only contribute when she feels like? There are some nice points in d OP but some re . Pray that you find a girl that suits you and stop generalizing. Oya be nice and tell mom why single men are not getting married?
...and who be that?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by malaria(f): 6:08am On Jan 12, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

whaaaaat!... Mynd?
But she will help u in sharing d financial burdens. Smh Nigerian husbands.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material / Please My Girlfriend Has Something To Do With Kanyamatta / Election Couple Getting Married This Weekend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.