Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General (6600 Views)

Is This True About Our Minister Of Finance, Kemi Adeosun? / Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance / Mohammed Dikwa Appointed Accountant-General Of The Federation By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by LocalChamp: 1:55am On Jan 10, 2013
EFCC Nabs Imo State Commissioner of Finance, Accountant General
Posted: January 9, 2013 - 15:11

Posted by siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) today arrested two Imo government officials for fraud related charges. The agency interrogators are currently quizzing the Imo state commissioner of finance, Deacon, Okafor Chike John and the accountant general of the state, Eche Ezenna George.

The two officials are currently in the Abuja office of the EFCC. It is unclear how the agency effected the arrest of the two officials however, a source at the EFCC office in Abuja involved in the investigations said their arrest is linked to a loan transaction from Zenith bank involving N47 billion.

UPDATE: The officials are being interrogated regarding their activities with the current regime of Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state. The governor enjoys constitutional immunity from arrest and prosecution

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-nabs-imo-state-commissioner-finance-accountant-general

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Jaideyone(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2013
Deacon Hmmm
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by aloyzin: 8:58am On Jan 10, 2013
Nice
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by victorD3: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2013
Just when I was about giving Rochas administration some kudos.
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 10, 2013
Nansense
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by EbiJUNIRO(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2013
good jab cool
SAHARAHREPOTERS on poinT
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 10, 2013
victorD3: Just when I was about giving Rochas administration some kudos.

Go ahead with the kudos.

Taking bank loan isnt a crime but embezzling it.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Ournaija: 9:09am On Jan 10, 2013
victorD3: Just when I was about giving Rochas administration some kudos.

We dont have enough details at hand. Though I dont support Rochas Okorocha`s Father Christmatic nature but this sounds to me like a plot to discredit his government.
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by IKdImpeccable(m): 9:14am On Jan 10, 2013
The drama has just started as some died flying in the air,and to some others mysterious means took them away. The macabre dance of witchcraft has just begun. we shall see!
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Ngwakwe: 9:16am On Jan 10, 2013
At least Rochas is the only Governor that reduced his State approved security vote of N6.5B to N2.5B to help him finance his free education programme.

Multiplying N4,000,000,000 * 4 years = N16,000,000,000 he would have pocketed legally as other Governors but he choose to donate it for good governance and human development

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: At least Rochas is the only Governor that reduced his State approved security vote of N6.5B to N2.5B to help him finance his free education programme.

Multiplying N4,000,000,000 * 4 years = N16,000,000,000 he would have pocketed legally as other Governors but he choose to donate it for good governance and human development
hmmm....is it now a crime to get a bank loan?
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Awhalin: 9:51am On Jan 10, 2013
Something is about to happen.

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 10, 2013
Hahahaha i laugh in hindu,i see a high level forces trying to discredit and demonize rochas adminstration,the fact is rochas runs the most transparent government in nigeria,this must be a paid news from one of the wicked forces against rochas.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by ba7man(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2013
This is not about Rochas but some suspected scumbags hiding in his Government. Every Government has them.
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by heynew: 10:15am On Jan 10, 2013
What is this sahara guys talking about, is it that the loan went into default or it was embezzled, what type of character assassination journalism is this
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by DTutu1: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2013
Emzybrown: Hahahaha i laugh in hindu,i see a high level forces trying to discredit and demonize rochas adminstration,the fact is rochas runs the most transparent government in nigeria,this must be a paid news from one of the wicked forces against rochas.

Please throw more light into your statement let us fully understand how transparent he is.
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 10, 2013
I'm not surprised a bit. What won't FDF do to discredit Opposition who posses threat to them? Yesterday it was Ashiwaju and Buhari. Today it is Rochas. Tomorrow it will be Ekiti,Ogun,Oyo Governors. FDF. Fower to the Feofle,i hail thee
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by alfaliman: 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
is d work of d emenies
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by alfaliman: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
is d work of d enemies
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Okijajuju1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
Imo is sleeping.. Rochas & his crew are looting..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by GOZILLA(m): 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
....And the revelation begins......
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by antontech(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
They just want to dent the name of Rochas,i just hope he is not corrupt too.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Maxlaw(m): 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
No governor in this country dat isn't corrupt. Rochas is nt a saint bt lets keep our fingers cross and wait 4 revelations.
antontech: They just want to dent the name of Rochas,i just hope he is not corrupt too.
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Okijajuju1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
I no sabi which kind juju wey Rochas use hold Imo State people..

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by GOZILLA(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
Okija_juju: I no sabi which kind juju wey Rochas use hold Imo State people..
My broda, I tire o!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by sundaybam(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
How can they collect that huge amount of money without the governor knowing about it. Rochas should be traced by the efcc too
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by GOZILLA(m): 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
berem: hmmm....is it now a crime to get a bank loan?
it is not a crime to get a bank loan. Remember EFFC was in the state in d middle of last year,they probably didn't see how d money was utilized and it definitely wasn't in the state coffers.
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by GOZILLA(m): 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
berem: hmmm....is it now a crime to get a bank loan?
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by gozmann1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=GOZILLA][/quote]exactly i kno d commisioner,deacon okafor i've attended churches several times with him...he is a good christian...a deacon very active...d money wasn't stolen its a from zenith bank to d state government...
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Fantacy1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
[/color]
Okija_juju: Imo is sleeping.. [color=red]Rochas & his crew are looting..
Okija_juju: [b]Imo is sleeping.. Rochas & his crew are looting..
[/b]
Okija_juju: Imo is sleeping.. Rochas & his crew are looting..
can u name one State Gov dat isnt looting? @least dis guy is working compard 2 all his PDP counterpacts put 2geda. Ohakim and Udewa can bear me witness
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by donwilz(m): 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
Okija_juju: I no sabi which kind juju wey Rochas use hold Imo State people..
I wonder o... He is doing nothing and people won't stop praising him.
Re: EFCC Arrests Imo Commissioner Of Finance, Accountant General by Okijajuju1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Fantacy1: can u name one State Gov dat isnt looting? @least dis guy is working compard 2 all his PDP counterpacts put 2geda. Ohakim and Udewa can bear me witness

OK!!! WHAT WORK HAS ROCHAS DONE IN IMO STATE PLEASE?! List them.. I have asked so many Rochas supporters this and they never seem to have any answers..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cameroonians Declares ''the Best Nigerian Is A Dead Nigerian'' / INEC Recruiting APC Members As Adhoc Staff 4 Edo 2016 Gubernatorial Election:PDP / Lagos Calls For Private Sector Collaboration In Meat, Fish Value Chains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.