Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' (1826 Views)

Big Brother Africa Logo & Illuminati Seeing Eye Are Similar? / Django Unchained As A Metaphor For Why Blacks Hate Nigerians. / If 'django' Was 10 Times Shorter and 100 Times More Honest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 10, 2013
Moviegoers tweet desire to kill white people after seeing 'Django Unchained'
After seeing the new Quentin Tarantino movie "Django Unchained," a number of moviegoers issued violent and racist tweets expressing a desire to kill white people, Twitchy reported Sunday.

"Seeing Django reignited my desire to kill white people," said "Flex."

The tweet had been deleted, but many more were available.

"After watching Django, all I wanna do is shoot white people," another person said.

"We need a modern dy django to kill some white people (sic)," tweeted another.

"#IsItWrongIf u wanna kill all white for 30min after you see Django Unchained (sic)," added "Joey Logan."

"After watching Django all I want to do is eat baked beans and biscuits and shoot white people for money," said "Rusty Nail."

In all, Twitchy posted 13 tweets expressing a racist desire to murder white people.

"If you’re worried about gun violence in the movie, just stop! Remember, this film received a stamp of approval from anti-gun fanatic Michael Moore," the Twitchy staff added.

"This weekend, go see 'Django'. I still can't get this movie outta my head- & I don't want to! Ignore all nonsense u've heard bout 'violence,' (sic)" Moore tweeted, despite warnings from critics.

"There's enough gun violence in the film to make the movie Scarface look like a Disney adventure," Leslie Sisman wrote at the Huffington Post, and Chiderah Monde of the New York Daily News called it “this season’s bloodiest movie…”
http://www.examiner.com/article/moviegoers-tweet-desire-to-kill-white-people-after-seeing-django-unchained
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by Kslib(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hmmmmmmnnnnnn,i just hope it will just end on twitter oh.. Cos i dont want to even imagine what will happen on the streets,if those threats are executed...
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by VillageBoi(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
People writing such tweets were mentally unstable long before they watched Django. I've seen the film and it didn't make me want to run out and kill oyinbo people but then again Americans are the most violent people on earth it's in their DNA.
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by omar22(m): 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2013
In 1993 when Malcolm X came out, in the cinema, it was a gripping moment and 15 minutes before the end oyinbo people started getting up and leave with the fear that they might get beaten up, some stayed to the end but that was then not now
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by Sweetgurl2(f): 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
It's very normal feel this way after watching such a film. They are in defensive mode. When
I watch films or documentary where a particular group of people are being treated cruelly by another group of people I feel very upset too especially documentaries where children are being molested and abused. I feel like getting the abusers on the behalf is this victim.
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by VillageBoi(m): 12:05am On Jan 12, 2013
Sweet.gurl:
I feel very upset too especially documentaries where children are being molested and abused. I feel like getting the abusers on the behalf is this victim.
Documentary... very understandable but fiction... nah, just nutcases.
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:00am On Jan 12, 2013
Those guys r sick.
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by zumbigbo(m): 1:44am On Jan 13, 2013
If they knew the history of their own family tree they would go and burn down Wall St.
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by bursturbrain(m): 6:37am On Jan 13, 2013
Quentin tarantino i so love dis dude, him and his revenge-themed flicks, he is my mentor in d movie writin and directing line, haha, and as always he delivers see critics giving him most bloody film of d season haha quentin ur a nut job
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by Owen2(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
And yet, Ben Affleck beat him to it.
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 11, 2013
i have yet to see that movie.
don't plan to either.
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by Briareos(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
The tweeters, imho, didn't really have a good grasp of the movie - just like most people. Many people will erroneous think the movie is about a black slave that got his freedom and carry out revenge on the white people that maltreated him and his wife?

But no, the movie, the way I see it, is about a dignified white man, that doesn't like slavery and find the way his fellow white folks' maltreatment of blacks appalling.

Who fred django? He didn't free himself - we all know. He was bought by the character of christoph waltz. Django was technically still a slave; only that his new master is a kind man.

Who taught django how to shoot a gun? Who helped him to free his wife? The answer is simple: Dr King! A white man. All Django was - is because of Dr King.

Remove the good dentist from the picture and Django would have remained a slave and his wife, prolly a prostitute.

The subliminal message the movie passed is that: blacks cannot do anything without the help of a white man.

DU is a great movie and it would have been a great movie for me if I am white. I was sitting down waiting for the moment django will truly be unchained - but he never did.

QT is a clever guy. He fooled us all.
Re: Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' by ikekings(m): 1:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
Nice movie... I love it...

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Present Anime/manga Wallpaper / Netflix Pro Mod Download To Stream Netflix Movies For Free !!! / Explosive New TV Series “lekki Wives” – Watch The Preview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.