Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. (6955 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Ladies: Who Would You Chose? Guys, Who Would You Chose For Your Sister? / Cute Names You Can Call Your Husband/wife/fiance/fiancee/better Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by davroca16(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2013
Would you allow your parents to choose for you a husband/wife?
1. Yes
2. No
3. May be
4. It depends................explain.

Mine is a capital NO!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by chronique(m): 10:01am On Jan 10, 2013
NO & NEVER. When problem of incompactibility arises later on in future,you'll hate them for doing that,and hate yourself for allowing it. My dad once tried it & I bluntly refused. Despite all pressures,I stood my ground. I'm an adult & want to be totally responsible for my actions.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Sirgen05(m): 10:01am On Jan 10, 2013
Double No. It's my life! Only their supports!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by greatgod2012(f): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2013
NOOOOOOOOO! Thank God they didnt try that with me, all i got was support, encuragement and advice.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by outrage: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2013
Children of nowadays don spoil all claiming to tear eye. How do you think your parents got married?
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nnekacherry: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2013
NO...
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2013
Consider their opinion but take the decision.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by slimyem: 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
Yes....in 1925grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Idowuogbo(f): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
yep! d rich ones y not? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by YuzedoII: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
If it turns out to be Slimyem or ItsModella..... Fuckkkkkkkkkk yeah!!! tongue kiss
If it turns out to be Shollypoopz or Idowudobo..... Hellllllllll NO!!! angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by jhydebaba(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
The bible says "honour thy father and thy mother..." So, for all of you saying NO, I SMH for you tongue
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by larrymoore(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
Too late
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by tpia5: 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2013
Depends.

Someone who is looking for a partner shouldnt just automatically disqualify a potential one just because s/he was brought by the parents.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
Idowuogbo: yep! d rich ones y not? smiley
na so... grin grin

@Topic
It depends. I might consider the person but the final decision still lies with me.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by oweniwe(m): 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
Maybe
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by misreal(m): 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
jhydebaba: The bible says "honour thy father and thy mother..." So, for all of you saying NO, I SMH for you tongue
m tke it dat u dnt knw de meaning of honour at all.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Idowuogbo(f): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
YuzedoII: If it turns out to be Slimyem or ItsModella..... Fuckkkkkkkkkk yeah!!! tongue kiss
If it turns out to be Shollypoopz or Idowudobo..... Hellllllllll NO!!! angry undecided
see below

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by aieromon(m): 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
If they can't get me Beyonce,then I'm not interested.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by dasparrow: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
@Post

If I was a child perhaps. As an adult, I say hell no!

jhydebaba: The bible says "honour thy father and thy mother..." So, for all of you saying NO, I SMH for you tongue

Please do not misquote the bible to drive home a point. Honoring one's parents' does not mean they should plan my adult life for me. What happens if the person and I are incompatible? This is 2013 not 1915 so times have changed. I don't believe in remaining stuck in some backward African tradition because I don't see where most African traditions have gotten us as a people economically and otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
yes and No

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by irich21(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
BIG NO!!! That was then, not again
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
No
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Agbgift(f): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
NO! I only need their support, advise and prayers
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Agimor(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
davroca16: Would you allow your parents to choose for you a husband/wife?
1. Yes
2. No
3. May be
4. It depends................explain.

Mine is a capital NO!
Funny thread,gone are those days when parents marry a wife for the male folk and start nurturing her till he you returns home.if i may ask does parents choose boyfd and girlfd for teenagers.Lolz
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
I'll reason with them over their opinion,but make the final decision.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by ghettodreamz(m): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
[size=14pt]YES!

YES!!

YES!!![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Clemzy16(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
I can never allow anybody to choose a spouse for me. I'm matured and ought to take full responsibilities for the way i want things done in my life.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
No.
But I would welcome their opinions and look into them.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by UncleJJ(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
People who marry for love get divorced
People who marry for money get divorced

People who marry on recommendation (parents mostly) have more prosperous marriage because marrying for love is like buying a house cos you like the color.

Marrying on parental recommendation in most cases is like buying a house on advice from a professional consultant - who takes into accounts

- goverment policies
- security
- buyer and seller behaviour
- building materials
- e.t.c

Our society was built by men and women who married on reccomendation - it's in such shamble today cos idiots like you and i buy everything the television sets sells us.

You need to remember marraige is long term investment, love grows and dies, loyalty is more important than love - cos loyalty is the sacrificial type of love.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by YuzedoII: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
see below
LMFAOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idowu, be nice to me! Haba! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Please Stop Doing These Things!!!! / The Decline Of Alpha Males & The Rise Of The Beta Male In Western Countries / Supernatural Beings And Ghosts: Checkout Some Scary Stories From Twitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.