Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids (17537 Views)

Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million / Kelloggs Setting Example For Nigerian Companies To Emulate / Transparency At Its Best: An Example For Nigerian Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Rocktation(f): 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
Yu Youzhen, a millionaire from Wuhan City, China, has been making headlines recently, after it was discovered that she has been working as a street cleaner for 14years, and for a 1,420 yuan (228 USD)  monthly salary, in order to set a positive example for her two children.

Yu Youzhen hit it big, when according to the policies of requisitioning and redevelopment of land in China, she and her family were compensated with 21 apartments for the three 5-storey houses they had built in Huojiawan, after several years...most of which were rented out. She wasn’t the only one, of course, but she personally witnessed how fellow villagers squandered away their fortunes on gambling, drinking and even drug use, so she made it a goal to set a good example for her kids and act responsible.

So instead of staying home and counting her riches, Yu kept working as a sanitation worker, a job she had applied for in 1998. She has to be at work at 3 in the morning, six days of the week, and she spends 6 hours a day cleaning a 3,000-meter long stretch of road, sweeping and cleaning trash cans. 

“Mrs. Yu’s family is so rich, yet still she comes to put up with this suffering”, says one of the co-workers who don’t understand her motivation. “I want to set an example for my son and daughter, a person can’t just sit at home and ‘eat away’ a whole fortune,” the hard-working millionaire worker is quick to explain.

After witnessing what great fortune and a bad attitude can do to a person, Yo Youzheng became determined to keep her family on the right track. She’s already warned her son and daughter: “If you don’t work, I’ll donate the apartments to the country.”
It seems to have worked, as now her son works as a driver in the Donghu Scenic Area, making over 2,000 yuan (321 USD) a month, and her daughter is an office worker, with a 3,000 yuan (482 USD) salary.

http://www.chinasmack.com/2013/stories/millionaire-cleans-streets-to-set-example-for-her-children.html

4 Likes

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by outrage: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
*smiles softly
Wow! People are truly remarkable. She made my day, rather this news.

8 Likes

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Afam4eva(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
I think i'll follow her example.

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Okijajuju1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
ALL THIS NA WASH............. angry

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Abujafood: 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
I wish one day Dangote or Adenuga could follow this woman's example and clean 3rd mainland bridge for 1 year on N20,000 per month salary while I help them run their businesses for them as a way of motivating young people!

16 Likes

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Abujafood: 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
Okija_juju: ALL THIS NA WASH............. angry

Sharap for 14 years she's been doing this and you say na wash!

6 Likes

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by AbdulAdam56(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
Wch example?
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
So I'm second to comment...
Thank Jah

Great woman btw
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Slyr0x: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by suxes2005(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
When will I ever be the first to comment?

Someone please prophesy biko!

Nice one millionaire - watch out fr 9ja guys tho
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
So I'm seventh to comment...
Thank Jah

Great woman btw
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by 2bosun: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Oyinbo don mad finish, this can never happen with a black fellow
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Denn(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Train up your child....when he grows, he won't depart from the teachings

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Okijajuju1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Abujafood:

Sharap for 14 years she's been doing this and you say na wash!

Come:: Na who you tell to sharap?! angry

12 Likes

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
I like her xter. If is Nigeria ladies, over ego no go allow dem do dis kind fin. Naija ladies take note.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by rushman003: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by rushman003: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
Rocktation: Yu Youzhen, a millionaire from Wuhan City, China, has been making headlines recently, after it was discovered that she has been working as a street cleaner for 14years, and for a 1,420 yuan (228 USD)  monthly salary, in order to set a positive example for her two children.

Yu Youzhen hit it big, when according to the policies of requisitioning and redevelopment of land in China, she and her family were compensated with 21 apartments for the three 5-storey houses they had built in Huojiawan, after several years...most of which were rented out. She wasn’t the only one, of course, but she personally witnessed how fellow villagers squandered away their fortunes on gambling, drinking and even drug use, so she made it a goal to set a good example for her kids and act responsible.

So instead of staying home and counting her riches, Yu kept working as a sanitation worker, a job she had applied for in 1998. She has to be at work at 3 in the morning, six days of the week, and she spends 6 hours a day cleaning a 3,000-meter long stretch of road, sweeping and cleaning trash cans. 

“Mrs. Yu’s family is so rich, yet still she comes to put up with this suffering”, says one of the co-workers who don’t understand her motivation. “I want to set an example for my son and daughter, a person can’t just sit at home and ‘eat away’ a whole fortune,” the hard-working millionaire worker is quick to explain.

After witnessing what great fortune and a bad attitude can do to a person, Yo Youzheng became determined to keep her family on the right track. She’s already warned her son and daughter: “If you don’t work, I’ll donate the apartments to the country.”
It seems to have worked, as now her son works as a driver in the Donghu Scenic Area, making over 2,000 yuan (321 USD) a month, and her daughter is an office worker, with a 3,000 yuan (482 USD) salary.

http://www.chinasmack.com/2013/stories/millionaire-cleans-streets-to-set-example-for-her-children.html
Actually it doesnt mean anything pretending to her children who she is not, cus its only God that can direct and control minds even if she over does it, her children mit fall into the hands of wrong people, let just pray for God to direct us to the rit path.... all the same she tried and was able to do that cus she s nt born wit silver spoon........... i trust ma nija peez grin grin grin abi they don pretend!
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by nollywood20: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2013
outrage: *smiles softly
Wow! People are truly remarkable. She made my day, rather this news.

Good lesson for those in Nigeria.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by larryh539: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2013
She rili stooped so low and thats commendable.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by hayoakins(m): 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
leading by example...Iyaniwura truly

how many father care about how the kids turn out especially the wealthy ones? sad

I love you more mum, you rock my world
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by akintun: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
Rubbish. Wat stupid example is dis. I'm sure dat she does not have d talent to get a better job. Dis would not stop her children from doing whatever dey like.

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by CrazyMan(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva: I think i'll follow her example.
Then you had better equip yourself with enough security men while displaying such humility, or else you're likely to get kidnapped.

Nigeria isn't china.

2 Likes

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by free2ryhme: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
Good Example to emulate ... So Afam4eva is now a MOD.. well anoda nkita on seun's leash undecided no kill ya self for anoda mans wealth
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by suxes2005(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
9icest: [b][/b]

You are kidding me bro. Even I the owner of an inspirational blog dont think this is applicable in Nigeria.
And congrats Afam on becoming a MOD, and please stop deleting my post.

He's a friend. I'll help u talk 2 him.
Btw, wats ur blog url?
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Idowuogbo(f): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
hahahahaha! d streets she dey sweep no dirty like some streets for naija na... she go sha pangolo and pampers hen! make she dey dia dey suffer head. all dis stunts sef no make sense mehn.. teach ur kids d fundamentals of hard earned money. Cleaning streets wen thy LORD has blessed me? impossicant! na rags to riches not riches bck to rags.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by ogochukwunasa1: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
next news pls
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Leadn(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

Choi!!! grin grin grin grin grin this ish is just too funny!

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
Idowuogbo: hahahahaha! d streets she dey sweep no dirty like some streets for naija na... she go sha pangolo and pampers hen! make she dey dia dey suffer head. all dis stunts sef no make sense mehn.. teach ur kids d fundamentals of hard earned money. Cleaning streets wen thy LORD has blessed me? impossicant! na rags to riches not riches bck to rags.
+100...if she was cleaning Naija streets, dem no go tell am, she go quit sharp.

There are better ways of teaching her kids the fundamentals of hard earned money. Make them get jobs or something, no be by sweeping oshodi dem go understand....

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Parnassuss(m): 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
rushman003:
Actually it doesnt mean anything pretending to her children who she is not, cus its only God that can direct and control minds even if she over does it, her children mit fall into the hands of wrong people, let just pray for God to direct us to the rit path.... all the same she tried and was able to do that cus she s nt born wit silver spoon........... i trust ma nija peez grin grin grin abi they don pretend!

This is just moribund in any department of sense. So she should leave her kids to chance and prayer, that is how to raise children properly? What did God say of Eli his prophet sef Abeg go learn proper Christianity not one psycho has dreamed up in his 'Make it now' pamphlet of a book.

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Idowuogbo(f): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

oloshi! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking! This Young Man Harshly Grabbing D Lady's Breast! / Waec 2019/2020 Timetable Is Out / Tb Joshua & Scoan Now Attracts More Visitor Than Jerusalem!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.