Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Nutriend Vs Cerelac - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nutriend Vs Cerelac (65134 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Originalsly: 9:19am On Jan 12, 2013
I can't believe people are actually proud to say they were feeding their babies on formula from birth instead of breastmilk. Are you guys brainwashed by TV commercials?.... or is it the extent of foreign is better mentality? There is no formula period that can compare with breast milk. .....and what's up with giving the baby what the baby likes best? Breast milk has all the nutrients a baby needs the first months of its life and in a form that can easily be digested. It also helps the baby to develop immunity from diseases which no dormula can do. After breast milk....its time to introduce natural solid foods ....in the form of soups and puree. If you really want your child to grow up physically and mentally healthy....keep your child away from formulas/processed foods as much as possible. Finally.....look at the ingedients label of the formula.....google each ingredient to find out what it really is. At least 25% of them are poisonous or very harmful to your health....and that is what you are proudly feeding to your child.

1 Like

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Chefo(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2013
Please Oga go for baby friending instead of all these cow and goat milk. Or what is your wife doing that 'll make her deprive baby of his/her natural milk?
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
bankylan: I have a baby who is 14 months old.She feeds on SMA gold and Gerber,..and lately -Purity cereal and I believe from my experience that these cereals are good for baby's growth, mental development, and skin. I don't know much about Cerelac and Nutriend as I had never bought both simply because I don't like the brands. I hope you won't mind if I stay away a bit from ur question!!!
If your baby consumes heavily like my baby, I will suggest you mix SMA gold and Gerber- though they are expensive. Sometimes you can buy Purity which is a bit cheaper, but equally good. SMA costs about 2000 depending on where you are buying from, Gerber is 750, and Purity is 550. The only thing is that she can finish the 750 Gerber is less than 48 hours, and the SMA in 3-4 days, and the Purity in 2 days, so this is not a joke at all. As the breadwinner in the house, sometimes it's going to affect you, but you have no choice other than to give your child the best.
Some friends have told my wife that we should be looking at other cheaper foods, but we are not listening. My baby displays rare intelligence, started walking at 7 months, you will think she lives abroad because of her skin, I no longer have to stand up to pick TV remote, and lately she just wants nothing but her mum's Mac Pro.
I will pray that God continues to bless the guy that asked this question so that he can give the baby the best.

I have tried Amala and Potato, but my baby can't stand the sight of these foods let alone the taste. But she takes rice, and my housegirl told me last week that my baby finished a pack of idomie onion chicken at a go....I have not verified this, but she eats indomie too.

Lastly, just give ur baby whatever is best for, and never force her to eat any food because of affordability. God bless you

Yea dat purity ceraeal is just the best cereal so far,I use t too for my baby.Buh introduction to solids is d best provided u can mash them wella for ur babies nd esp fruits,arh arh I dnt miss it.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rich Dad: @all caring mom & nutritionist,
I don't really know how to explain this but I beg you all to try to comprehend my curiosity.
My daughter of 10 months has been feeding on SMA(gold,progress) since birth. Couple of months ago my wife decided to combine both Friso Gold(rice) with SMAprogress because she seems hungrier. But recently shes getting hungrier again to the extent that she normally finishes both within 5 days and she doesn't look content still.... Lol.
So someone recommended Nutriend to my wife, on getting to the s/ mart Nutriend cost #800 while Cerelac Nigeria cost1300 and the imported goes for 2000 . So I decided we go for the imported Cerelac (honey&wheat)because it cost more(meaning its better Abi?) with so many variants . Now my question is: is Cerelac really better than Nutriend? because both are products if the same company or just the imported hype? Also which baby milk is okay to mix the Cerelac with( though we are planning of using SMA progress for now and later switch to Peak 123). I will really appreciate you candid suggestion and recommendations.

Plz, don't mind my blunders.(I'm on mobile). Just a curious dad here....lol

Nna advice ur wife to stick to dawa pap oh,wit blended groundnuts,soya bean,some grinded prawns very nutitious dn ogbono soup wit akpu nd icefish in btwn nd oda foods lk rice beans eggs nodles mashed potatoes wit red oil and crayfish nd friuts simple save cerelac money for oda tins.And most esp tea and water dnt forget water pls.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by othenok(f): 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
OP, Though i prefer Cerelac my 9mth old baby eats less packaged food. He eats everything we eat but adores oatmeal and mashed banana, ground noodles cooked with carrot and egg yolk,Moi-moi and Ogi ( Guinea corn & Corn ), Soft cooked rice with mashed sardine or ordinary Mackerel. Ehee! They love ogbono and okro soups. I usually advise parents to equally introduce our local foods with little salt n pepper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by adaphic: 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
othenok: OP, Though i prefer Cerelac my 9mth old baby eats less packaged food. He eats everything we eat but adores oatmeal and mashed banana, ground noodles cooked with carrot and egg yolk,Moi-moi and Ogi ( Guinea corn & Corn ), Soft cooked rice with mashed sardine or ordinary Mackerel. Ehee! They love ogbono and okro soups. I usually advise parents to equally introduce our local foods with little salt n pepper
Ground noodles? How do u do that?
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Issfat: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
adaphic:
Ground noodles? How do u do that?
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Issfat: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
Can i gv amala 2 7mnths baby
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by noradash22: 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pls am a new mum....I nid ur advice, can I give my 5months old cerelac?
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Queendo(f): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
noradash22: Pls am a new mum....I nid ur advice, can I give my 5months old cerelac?

Its best if d baby is 6months old.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by damlar: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
@richdad u can never be curious than i was when i was about introducing solid to ma premie bt u know wat enfamil did it 4 me,enfamil is very fine and am sure u wil love d result on ur baby anytime anyday,only dat its expensive and scares here in naija,and as 4 solid all food is good as long as ma baby takes it i believe its good,caring for premies is d hardest job when it comes to babies i tell u,so try enfamil wit gerber cereal with ur home made food in moderation,sodium is good 4 d body as long as its not in essess cos even all formular has some pacentage of sodium and even bossommilk,from 6month babies r good to go wit anytin aslong as it soft nd prepared in a hygenic condition,NICU has taught me lot bt today i am happy cos ma premie is now 10month old healthy,reaching her milestone,shes my morounranti
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by damlar: 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
[quote author=Issfat post=14961586]Can i gv amala 2 7mnths baby[/quote.yes you can give as long as your baby is fine with it but make sure you follow the 3days rule to know if your baby body is reacting to it hmmm Goodluck
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by diamondspooky: 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
@ummrummy plz wer did u buy d foreign cerelac is it in Lagos and where . i stay in ojodu
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by claseek(f): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
free2ryhme:
pls help ask the author of this article if she is a runs girl. if yes then y is she not yet married and if not y is she a virgin. abi she nvr get opportunity
what are u saying sef?
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Ekeseges(f): 8:29am On Oct 02, 2018
Please I need Isomeal baby food.can anyone help

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Antelope My Dad Bought For New Year Celebration (Photos) / The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State / Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.