Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development (7213 Views)

Ohaneze Demands Creation Of South East Development Commission -- Punch / APC Kicks As Jonathan Meets Adams, Obanikoro In Lagos / Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 11, 2013
Jonathan had a closed door meeting with some Igbo elders.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday met with Igbo elders from Lagos State over development of the South East and improvement of infrastructure in the region.

In an interview with State House correspondents after the closed door meeting, the President General of Ndigbo, Lagos,. Anya O. Anya said that the Aba Power Projects , the state of the roads in the region as well as the resuscitation of rail lines topped the agenda.

“On the issue of power, we wanted to be sure that there is no modification to the plan for the Aba Power Project in terms of the agreement.

“In the next 10 months, the project will be ready. So, when you start tampering with a project that is almost finished, you might perhaps be saying nothing will happen.

“We don’t want that to happen; not in the area of power and the President has given us his assurance. We are quite satisfied,” he said.

Mr. Anya, a former Vice Chancellor and former Chairman of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group said the response from the President is encouraging.

“If Nigerians knew the responsiveness of the President to issues like this, maybe people will recognise that perhaps a lot is being done.

“I must confess that some of the things we were told are on-going, we did not know they were there,”he said.

Mr. Anya said there is a need for more flow of information betweenthe government and the governed.

Other elders in the delegation include the Chairman of MTN, Pascal Dozie; Sam Ohabunwa; Raymond Ebiere; and former Chief of Naval Staff, Allison Madueke.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/114707-jonathan-meets-igbo-elders-over-south-east-development.html
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:25am On Jan 11, 2013
Good. I trust Prof Anya O Anya. He is not a turncoat.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 11, 2013
This is part of the reason I like this president. Very humble, simple, unassuming, approachable and fatherly.

In fact, Mr president is just like the next door neighbour.

If not that he may be targetted for assassination by some devils from the international community (because of PIB and other issues) and the far north, he would have been more visible around the country and move in convoys of not more than one or two vehicles

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Afam4eva(m): 5:05am On Jan 11, 2013
It was a high calibre delegation.
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by onatisi(m): 5:41am On Jan 11, 2013
wink grin
settlement time .
it is time to start settling ppl in order to win political support .2015 campaign has started .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Omexonomy: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2013
onatisi: wink grin
settlement time .
it is time to start settling ppl in order to win political support .2015 campaign has started .
i pity you if the guy do they will still talk if the guy no do they will still talk most of nigerian problem is being caused by Igbo and yoruba people they want all the allocation for them selves
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Omexonomy: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2013
settlement time .
i pity you if the guy do they will still talk if the guy no do they will still talk most of nigerian problem is being caused by Igbo and yoruba people they want all the allocation for them selves and region
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by onatisi(m): 6:32am On Jan 11, 2013
Omexonomy: i pity you if the guy do they will still talk if the guy no do they will still talk most of nigerian problem is being caused by Igbo and yoruba people they want all the allocation for them selves and region
cry thanks for the compliment,we all know better anyway.
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Ozonna(m): 6:33am On Jan 11, 2013
No mention of 2nd 9ja bridge Anyway na high calibre men go there oh
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by iamtheprincipal: 6:33am On Jan 11, 2013
GEJ, we are tired of your meetings and setting up of committees. All we want to see is result.
The South Eastern region have not felt an inch of your government's presence in your going to 3years of administring the affairs of this nation.
I do hope you would move away from these meetings and setting up of committees of yours and get down to real business of governance.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by fkaz(m): 6:40am On Jan 11, 2013
afam4eva: It was a high calibre delegation.
From where?
Why not leaders who reside in southeast instead those in lagos. I believe they will known better than those high calibre, who don't know what is going on in their region.
Sincere 9gerian:
“I must confess that some of the things we were told are on-going, we did not know they were there,”he said.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Afam4eva(m): 6:41am On Jan 11, 2013
fkaz:
From where?
Why not leaders who reside in southeast instead those in lagos. I believe they will known better than those high calibre, who don't know what is going on in their region.
My thoughts too.
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Igwe9(m): 6:44am On Jan 11, 2013
Omexonomy: i pity you if the guy do they will still talk if the guy no do they will still talk most of nigerian problem is being caused by Igbo and yoruba people they want all the allocation for them selves and region
And what does Hausa want, unrealistic demands, turn muslem or you die
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by MajeOfficial: 7:01am On Jan 11, 2013
Ndigbo have been subjected to a grave insult.
Never in this world will nigeria have a meeting about the north in Onitcha
It will never have a meeting about the West in Maidugari
it's now the south east that you'll go to Lagos to discuss. GEJ doesn't have my vote. confirmed

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Afam4eva(m): 7:03am On Jan 11, 2013
Maje Official: Ndigbo have been subjected to a grave insult.
it's now the south east that you'll go to Lagos to discuss. GEJ doesn't have my vote. confirmed
The meeting was not held in Lagos. At least the article did not posit that. It's Lagos based Igbos that met with him. The article did not say where they met him.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by geeez: 7:07am On Jan 11, 2013

SE leaders from Lagos. Very funny

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Maxymilliano(m): 7:13am On Jan 11, 2013
They've been meeting for as long as I can remember, waiting for Ambassador Ralph Uwechue to also lead his own group of Igbo leaders in the South East to a meeting with the President soon...
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by nku5: 7:42am On Jan 11, 2013
geeez:
SE leaders from Lagos. Very funny

Not from lagos. Its a collective of igbo leaders of thought who reside in lagos. It means two different things
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2013
Ozonna: No mention of 2nd 9ja bridge Anyway na high calibre men go there oh
Construction of 2nd Niger bridge will commence by April this year. The building of 2nd Niger Bridge by the GEJ govt is a foregone conclusion.
Others promise and later give excuses but GEJ promises and DELIVERS. Thats the difference!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by dridowu: 9:26am On Jan 11, 2013
Meeting upon meeting nothing to show 4 it
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by eagleeye2: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2013
2015 campaign things. GEJ can fool some of the people some times, but not All the people All the time.
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by olaadegoke(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2013
Meeting them for their Pocket development
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by ypzilanti: 9:45am On Jan 11, 2013
What can a meeting with TA Orji and Uduaghan result in except promises. These people do not know who or what they are dealing with.
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Omen100(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2013
Ok ooooooo, we don seat down dey look like DONKEY.
Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by achi4u(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2013
settlement time .
Comfirmed.
This is hw he promise us heaven on earth when he's looking/seeking for our votes during last election.

Now he has started again!...seems our husband(president)has gone mad again?grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 11, 2013
Please and Please you guys should start by removing T.A orji as the Governor of Abia State. that man is a disgrace to ndi igbo.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by MaziOmenuko: 9:46am On Jan 11, 2013
olaadegoke: Meeting them for their Pocket development
Here comes the vultures, getting an e.r.e.c.t.I.o.n over matters concerning igbos.
@topic: we igbos deserve more than we're getting from this administration. All these propaganda is way bellow our expectations for this 'ebele' guy.
The power ministerial slot Gej promised to return to igbos after kicking out nnaji is still there, 2nd naija bridge is still a mere whisper heard from the likes of insincere 9jerian.
We are still waiting...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by passion007: 9:50am On Jan 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ...Other elders in the delegation include the Chairman of MTN, Pascal Dozie; Sam Ohabunwa; Raymond Ebiere; and former Chief of Naval Staff, Allison Madueke.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/114707-jonathan-meets-igbo-elders-over-south-east-development.html
Isn't his beautiful Portharcourt wife part of our problem? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development by kennytidistar(m): 9:58am On Jan 11, 2013
[quote author=]Ndigbo have been subjected to a grave insult.
it's now the south east that you'll go to Lagos to discuss. GEJ doesn't have my vote. confirmed[/quote]

i think what i read was "from lagos" and not in lagos as you point out in your post. So it is possible the meeting was held in igbo land and the participant were from lagos.

But igbos are lucky because those people are not ordinary men, they can always knock at jonathans door anytime anyday to remind him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Receives U.S Diplomats, Urges Deeper Global Cooperation / Video: Nnamdi Kanu Surfaces Again After Nigerian Army Invaded His Home / Biafra: Kanu Blows Hot In Fresh Interview, Blasts Jonathan, Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.