Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched (783 Views)

Christians: Hyper Grace "silly" Reasons Against "Anti" Grace / Why Is There An Increase Of The Unchurched In Our Country / Reaching Out To The Unchurched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
Let me fly my colours straight up. I would rather be unchurched and saved, than churched and unsaved.

This concept of targeting the unchurched has its modern manifestation beginnings with the “seeker friendly” movement, but it’s really just a rehashing of the ancient Papal heresy of, “there is no salvation outside the church.” Of course, when Catholic apologists think church, they think the institution with its headquarters in Rome. When the current crop of churchians think church, they think their personal little religious kingdoms. I suspect that many of the mega churchian leaders have a sneaking admiration for the Roman religion. After all, they have managed to sell to millions of people the idea that they must belong to their organization if they want a secured eternity.

This distinction between unchurched and churched is actually a rewriting of Jesus’ instructions to His followers. Christ called us to make disciples of Him, not to join a religious group. His focus is always on redeeming sinners, not churching unchurched.

Not only is the whole intention of churching people unbiblical, it actually works against obedience to Christ.

Now we have multitudes of religious folks who think the main goal is to get people along to the meetings, rather than to present the beauty, majesty, and necessity of Jesus and His plan for salvation.

This insidious man-powered and man-focused doctrine leads to the error of proselytism rather than evangelism.

Proselytism is focused on getting people to join OUR thing.

Evangelism is committed to seeing people align with God’s thing.

Proselytism exalts men and loves their earthly organizations.

Evangelism exalts Jesus Christ and loves His heaven-birthed family.

Proselytisers can travel over land and sea to make one convert and yet make him twice the son of hell they themselves are.

Evangelists will also travel land and sea but snatch the hell bound from the fires of destruction and set them safely under the wings of the Almighty.

Proselytism leads to syncretism and godless pragmatism. Whatever works is the motto.

Those with the heart for evangelism love Jesus more than building a reputation by adding notches to their Bible. Therefore, they are faithful and sincere and will only present their message in strict obedience to their Lord.

The sad result of the doctrine of churching the unchurched is religious organisations filled with unregenerate attendees. After all, if going to church is the goal, why bother getting saved? Why bother repenting, or studying God’s word, or fellowshipping with Christ. I go to church; what more do you want?

This of course is where the Catholic institution is today. While it is possible to come to the Lord in the Roman cult (even Luther thought there was enough light in Catholicism to get saved), the truth is very few are. I’ve never personally met a committed Catholic who I could be sure had a saving faith, and half of my extended family is Catholic.

However, there is no refuge in modern Protestantism or Evangelicalism or Pentecostalism either. When these groups embrace the same errors as the Roman Catholic Church, they will end up with the same results; hyperchurched heathen in an unsaved “church.”

Not only that, it produces the most horrible situation of false converts, men and women who think they are safe from the wrath to come because of their ecclesiastical membership rather than by the eternal blood of the Lamb of God.

I love the church of Christ. The blood-purchased believers, living stones of a holy temple, heavenly citizens of an eternal kingdom, but I despise the demonically-inspired, man-focused religious clubs that unrightfully claim the title “church.”

Precious believer, don’t fall for the satanic propaganda that you must belong to a church as defined by the churchian who is spreading this deception. Don’t ever fall for the subtle but deadly error that your goal is to “church” people. Don’t be deceived by the demonic doctrine that there is no salvation outside the church. Please don’t allow yourself to be institutionalised; rather be sanctified, set apart for the Master and ready for service to Him.

Father, I ask for Your protection over Your people in apostazing institutions. Call them out and connect them with true brothers and sisters. Bring revelation to those who have not yet been converted but think they have and grant them repentance unto life. Empower us afresh with Your Spirit to present Your truths to this dying generation, and Lord, expose those who don’t know You and yet use their religious reputations to deceive sinner and saint alike. For Jesus’ sake.

[url=http://www.indywatchman.com/church/the-%e2%80%9cchurched%e2%80%9d-the-%e2%80%9cunchurched%e2%80%9d-and-the-hyper-churched/#ixzz2Hg8tw0oc]Read more[/url]
Re: The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by An0nimus: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
Quite enlightening.
Re: The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
Problem is, people are talking about the great falling away , not knowing that it started eons ago and has taken full hold.

We need Peters advice in this dangerous age we live:

" Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells." - 2 Peter 3:11-13
Re: The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by Goshen360(m): 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
@ Frosbel, Kindly check your email and reply. Thanks bro.
Re: The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Goshen360: @ Frosbel, Kindly check your email and reply. Thanks bro.

sure, will respond shortly.
Re: The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by engrtee(f): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
Long.sumary plz
Re: The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by kristikat(f): 2:01am On Jan 12, 2013
i don't know,
i think they are both full of sheeeet,
it is just how I feel right now.
Re: The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by kristikat(f): 2:03am On Jan 12, 2013
engrtee: Long.sumary plz

evangelism is supposed to be about true faith and not using religion as a tool for power and control.

while proselytism is all about converting people for power and social control without really believing in a GOD per se but only using that falsehood to get people to do what you want them to do.
Re: The “churched,” The “unchurched,” And The Hyper-churched by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
kristikat:

evangelism is supposed to be about true faith and not using religion as a tool for power and control.

while proselytism is all about converting people for power and social control without really believing in a GOD per se but only using that falsehood to get people to do what you want them to do.

good summary !

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The Devil Is Capable Of Collecting Your Bible And Replacing It Books / Dawkins Vs Deepsight / Are You Asking God Or Your Pastor What To Do With Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.