Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

My Neighbours Children Are Wild - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Neighbours Children Are Wild (5246 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
blink182: What do you mean by wild?

Attention:

They talk carelessly sometimes rude, hardly greet, rough at play sometimes spoil my children toys and show no remorse etc
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by BasseyJ(m): 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by BasseyJ(m): 7:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
As to the arguement of keeping kids indoors 24/7, i think it's very possible, let me use my cousins as an example(although they stay in a big compound alone, they rarely go outdoors to play), they get back from school at about 1pm, eat and rest, then it's t.v time(cartoon net, nick,kid's co, Amagic,learning tv etc) till like 4 then onto homeworks and reading, then back to tv, the trick is to censor your dstv channels else they may even be learning worse than the ''wild'' neigbours would rub onto them.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2013
BasseyJ: As to the arguement of keeping kids indoors 24/7, i think it's very possible, let me use my cousins as an example(although they stay in a big compound alone, they rarely go outdoors to play), they get back from school at about 1pm, eat and rest, then it's t.v time(cartoon net, nick,kid's co, Amagic,learning tv etc) till like 4 then onto homeworks and reading, then back to tv, the trick is to censor your dstv channels else they may even be learning worse than the ''wild'' neigbours would rub onto them.

^^^^wow! what will be will be..... To each his owns.... Back from school at 1? Now that's different. Talk about priorities, TV vs real play. Let Sagamite hear this cheesy
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by dominique(f): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
My children's physical, psycological, behavioural well-being is my no.1 priority not what neighbours percieve of me. I can't let my kids mingle with unruly neighbourhood kids period. Anybody should feel free to label me as proud or wareva. In the words of our beloved presido, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
dominique: My children's physical, psycological, behavioural well-being is my no.1 priority not what neighbours percieve of me. I can't let my kids mingle with unruly neighbourhood kids period. Anybody should feel free to label me as proud or wareva. In the words of our beloved presido, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!

To each his own , your kids physiological and behavioural well being is not gonna be influenced by neighbourhood kids they play with for 2hrs a day max ( worst case)

I'd rather focus on their school friends instead cos they spend most of their time there .... period.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by dominique(f): 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
^ I'm not saying I won't let my kids play with neighbourhood kids. But if I see they're unruly and can possibly influence them negatively, I'll shield them from such kids regardless what people say. My SIL's son changed drastically upon relocation to another area. He stopped speaking English, sings obscene yoruba songs and uses cuss words I would never use. Imagine a 4 year old telling a much older cousin 'abi o n'siere' ('are you insane'? sorry my written Yoruba is bad. I wanted to spank him right there but I had to restrain myself out of respect to SIL.) There's no way you wouldn't know he's being influenced by the kids around him. If you were a mother living in such area, would you encourage your kids to mingle with kids like that?
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 13, 2013
Uju..i ain't here to judge who's right or wrong but i can relate well with what jidegirl is trying to point.

You lived in a 'gated' environment and never played with kids 'outside' your gate..yeah that's good but we are talking out kids living in the same compound i.e. Seperate flats in a compound.

I have a sister who has almost same scenario with op and she isn't on good term's with one of her neigbours simply because of the wild attitude of their kid. But do you know that my sis kids still find a way to the balcony and keep calling and exchanging words with the neigbour's kid.
How would you fell if one of the kids shout and tell the other kid my mum dosen't want me to play with you...embarrassed i guess?
You dont expect her to lock them up 247 indoors and deprive them of fresh air just because she has such a neighbour. Best thing is to train your child in the best way posssible and he wouldn't depart from it. You peeps even talking about home, how do you know their aren't wilder kids at your childrens school, don't tell me you also follow your kids to the classroom and gum their booty to the plastic chair.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 13, 2013
Thank you o my brother , see excuses...

my kids told the lady I said they shouldn't go in their compound again.... that was the reason for the 'misunderstanding o'.... It started in summer when they came to swim and I said the 3yr old can't swim without a life jacket and also a grown up from their house abi ! I'm busy cooking and I don't want handcuffs in my hand embarassed for manslaughter .....

I had to let them ( mine) go back cos it really was ugly situation .... My kid said it which proved it's true. I'm sure she got my message cos next summer she ain't swimming without a life jacket whether she likes it or not and I'm not buying cos my kid will tell them I have a spare in the house...

So I fought that battle and its settled . I'm not gonna keep my kids indoor watching TV , baking , doing crafts they probably already did enough in school & after school and rolling chinchin 24/7 cos I don't want them to mix up with neighbourhood kids? Hell NO!

Cos parents went thru that doesn't make it right, I'm not gonna deny them of freedom.

I'm not forcing my way on anybody o! To each and his owns.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 3:11am On Jan 13, 2013
dominique: ^ I'm not saying I won't let my kids play with neighbourhood kids. But if I see they're unruly and can possibly influence them negatively, I'll shield them from such kids regardless what people say. My SIL's son changed drastically upon relocation to another area. He stopped speaking English, sings obscene yoruba songs and uses cuss words I would never use. Imagine a 4 year old telling a much older cousin 'abi o n'siere' ('are you insane'? sorry my written Yoruba is bad. I wanted to spank him right there but I had to restrain myself out of respect to SIL.) There's no way you wouldn't know he's being influenced by the kids around him. If you were a mother living in such area, would you encourage your kids to mingle with kids like that?

You are a product of your environment just doesn't mean neighbourhood friends.... actually chunk of it has a lot to do with parenting ..... train your child and he'll never depart from it .....

your SIL kids behaviour switch just doesn't have to to with kids next door.... what bout school they just changed ? Naija Movie magic the parents watch carelessly or even parents slip of tongue via phone convo ..,.. I'm not gonna start making excuses and make a tornado out of steam....I've already made my point clear. smiley
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by baby124: 3:33am On Jan 13, 2013
These are just kids being kids. If you are not happy with your kids playing with them, then don't let them. Your kids should be priority, forget what the neighbors think. You can try reporting them to their parents, and if you don't see a change keep your kids at home. After school, and all the play they have done there I don't see how they can have such energy for play anyway.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 13, 2013
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 13, 2013
See why I said different strokes for different folks? Since October ?!!!

Our pool is transformed into a skating rink....bundle up with our earmuffs and that's one way of my spending time with them... My daughter will be bored like heck if I chose indoors to spend 'quality time ' with her except on school days, tell them to put on their winter ensembles and see shout of joy grin

We drive snowmobiles around the compound and they love it and its memorable...something to talk bout over dinner

They enjoy playing in the snow making snow angels and more..the baby will cry for hours when it's time to come in grin

As per the accent; hehehe is that really important ? I'm just hearing this for the first time it's a crime to speak your own dialect ....I will be proud if my kid says ooo after a word grin...come see when she corrects her teachers how to pronounce her last name properly grin they eventually give up after several attempt.

Everybody is different and that's what makes us special wink

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 8:03am On Jan 13, 2013
jidegirl12: See why I said different strokes for different folks? Since October ?!!!

Our pool is transformed into a skating rink....bundle up with our earmuffs and that's one way of my spending time with them... My daughter will be bored like heck if I chose indoors to spend 'quality time ' with her except on school days, tell them to put on their winter ensembles and see shout of joy grin

We drive snowmobiles around the compound and they love it and its memorable...something to talk bout over dinner

They enjoy playing in the snow making snow angels and more..the baby will cry for hours when it's time to come in grin

As per the accent; hehehe is that really important ? I'm just hearing this for the first time it's a crime to speak your own dialect ....I will be proud if my kid says ooo after a word grin...come see when she corrects her teachers how to pronounce her last name properly grin they eventually give up after several attempt.

Everybody is different and that's what makes us special wink

Snowmobiles are motorized vehicles, they are not backyard -type vehicles
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 13, 2013
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 8:09am On Jan 13, 2013
@ CC, blessed are the peacemakers wink
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 13, 2013
MMotimo:

Mr teacher.... tell me o cheesy mtcheww
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 8:10am On Jan 13, 2013
MMotimo:

Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 13, 2013
[quote author=MMotimo][/quote]

I don't have your time.... I'm enjoying this movie with NL on top.

Google up and stop looking for definitions in dictionary.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 13, 2013
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 8:15am On Jan 13, 2013
kiss. Good morning to you and good night from my end
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 8:18am On Jan 13, 2013
OMG, I can speak English at last! So that really looked like a dictionary meaning, I am so delighted grin
jidegirl12:

I don't have your time.... I'm enjoying this movie with NL on top.

Google up and stop looking for definitions in dictionary.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 13, 2013
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 13, 2013
MMotimo: OMG, I can speak English at last! So that really looked like a dictionary meaning, I am so delighted grin

Sounds like it to me...... besides what's your beef bout that? Oh you've never seen kids ride snowmobile in their compound? Or those things I listed up there makes you mad? Please o..... me I no send nobody o... if you can't deal, just ignore me. I flaunt my stuff and I can't help it. grin

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 13, 2013
http://www.skinet.com/ski/files/_images/201008/kids_snomobiling.jpg

Is that too gigantic to drive in your compound
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 8:28am On Jan 13, 2013
@CC

That your last post was a TKO, I have absolutely nothing more to add. I can't stop laughing at the James Bond part , wow, all the JB-type fun you could have in your very own backyard! grin
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2013
jidegirl12:
http://www.skinet.com/ski/files/_images/201008/kids_snomobiling.jpg

And this is driven around a compound? The pix background is not anybody's compound/backyard
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2013
MMotimo:

And this is driven around a compound?

Yep... How's that too difficult to comprehend? Snowmobiles are driven every-time around the compound, all the grass is covered with snow , so there's enough space.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 13, 2013
MMotimo:

And this is driven around a compound? The pix background is not anybody's compound/backyard

You don't expect me to carry snowmobile like im crazy? you make use of what you have.

How bout this? I guess I need the tarmac for this grin

http://cdn.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/FisherPrice-Power-wheels-Cadillac-Escalade.jpg
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by dominique(f): 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
You have to live in a multiacre mansion to be able to accomodate a snow mobile. Wetin bush me sabi tongue
@topic
Thinking about it again, the way your child turn out depends on the envieonment and your efforts as the parents. This my SIL in question is too easy on her son. Whenever her son uses such bad words, she hardly corrects him. Though they live in a large compund with lots of rowdy kids. you as the parent can mould them how you want them to be regardless what they pick up from the environment. I know a lady that spent most her entire life in warri yet can't speak pidgin English properly.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
dominique: You have to live in a multiacre mansion to be able to accomodate a snow mobile. Wetin bush me sabi tongue
@topic
Thinking about it again, the way your child turn out depends on the envieonment and your efforts as the parents. This my SIL in question is too easy on her son. Whenever her son uses such bad words, she hardly corrects him. Though they live in a large compund with lots of rowdy kids. you as the parent can mould them how you want them to be regardless what they pick up from the environment. I know a lady that spent most her entire life in warri yet can't speak pidgin English properly.

Na you sabi grin I actually do with crazy backyard that leads to a lake tongue ... but nothin compared to the open range ... and another thing is you actually need a licence for you to operate lipsrsealed.... maybe when they grow more we can start going to the community range , they are just under 10 for now and the ideal age is 14 ....those motorized Cadillacs are driven in the basement too ( hardwood floor) ... I'm sure some people prefer more open space but that's the way we want it for now.

As per the discussion; I'm glad you finally agreed that its how you raise your kid they will turn out...regardless of their neighbourhood structure.

Chaircover ..... I'm sure the kids didn't only pick up oooo from neighbours.... it's compounded with how people around them converse too.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by gabbytabby: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
Your children and how they are brought up should be your primary concern. You dont necessarily have to stop them coming over entirely you can insist on having a proper play date at a time you can supervise and if they are still wild and disrespectful of you and your home you then know what you need to do.

I went to Nigeria last summer and had to experience a 4 year old from mars and to this I said never again and made sure to have installed a security gate every where so that only invited guests can come into our home. It was so bad that my daughter could not wear her prescribed glasses cos this rascal would break it in one day like all the toys that got out of the house before I had a chance to put it under lock and key. He was also touching her privates.

You need to protect your children and if it means having supervised contact or no contact at all then so be it cos if they turn that corner and become unruly then you suffer the consequence. Some parents cant give to their children what they do not have and that is the reality of life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wife Cooks Badly / #IWD2022: Mamador Celebrates And Stands With Nigerian Women To Break The Bias / Most Nigerian Mothers In-law Are Diabolical. Reality Or Stereotype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.