Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:07 PM

Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) (12921 Views)

Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2013 Nominee List / Tiwa Savage Is Not A Grammy Nominee But Fela! Is, Sade Won Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by ijebabe: 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
In the film Beasts Of The Southern Wild, 9 year old Quvenzhané Wallis’s character Hushpuppy lives on a forgotten island without modern technology.

But it was a different story on Thursday night when the young actress accepted the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Young Actor/ Actress, and read her speech from her smartphone.

With a cute smile on her face, Quvenzhané (pronounced Kwe-ven-zhah-nay) charmed the audience at the Santa Monica event and the millions watching at home.

The nine-year old received her award from Superman star Henry Cavill and Vampire Diaries actress Nina Dobrev, but unlike most winners at these type of events, kept her speech short and sweet.

‘First I would like to thank God for all my blessings,’Quvenzhané read from her smartphone. ‘I would also like to thank the film critic’s for this award.’

‘Thanks to Mr. Benh Zeitlin and the Court 13 family for thinking I could make a good Hushpuppy.

‘Lastly, to my family, friends and fans—good night!’, she finished to heartfelt applause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF7i2n5NXLo

http://www.ynaija.com/meet-the-youngest-ever-best-actress-oscar-nominee-9-year-old-is-a-charm-and-already-winning-watch/

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
So cute. Many more Oscars to come.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by mkmyers45(m): 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nice
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by dominique(f): 10:28am On Jan 12, 2013
I love her unique name. Hope she doesn't go the way of most Hollwood child stars. I think Anna Pacquin still holds the record for the younest winner.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by semid4lyfe(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hmm, passed up on downloading the movie when I first saw it online late last year but seeing that Oscar nomination thread and this one last night, I immediately downloaded it. . .yet to watch it sha.

Checked IMDB and it has a rating of 7.5 but I still can't help feeling the movie is dry undecided Maybe it's cos of the dull movie jacket and the somewhat uninteresting synopsis

Well, IMDB ratings have misled me many times but I'll watch it and form my opinion of the movie and the girl's acting

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by vanstanzy(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
That's my girl, i raised her and tot her all she knows. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley Daddy is so proud of u.

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Kaxmytex(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
[size=28pt]Hard work pays....if u no win oscar award,u'll definitely win mata award....put more effort,i tellya....u go succeed[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by SamMilla1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
Atleast her dressing looks decent unlike the bigger ones who wears long gowns that sweeps the floor and shows their boo.bs. Then take their children to Church every Sunday to teach them that people who show their bodies to public go to hell when they die.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Goldenheart(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
Great kid...bright future

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by OmerianConsult: 7:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
Awesome! Watching out for u...
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Chinwem(f): 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
Is that her handbag? Awwwww......so cute!
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by vanstanzy(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
Its high time the rest of us started encouraging and supporting our own kids to be the best in their good and worthy endeavours. Remember she's my daughter!!! wink wink wink
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Idowuogbo(f): 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
U go bebe! kiss

1 Like

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Chiemekaorizu(m): 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
Kudos lil girl.......it's high time I encouraged my children to explore their amazing talents
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by sholay2011(m): 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
Is that Steven Spielberg shaking her hand? Dis girl lucky o.
Look at the confidence she exudes as she shakes his hand...she is a very gud actress.
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
Please don't do boys o.most are bunch of confusion and career-killers

1 Like

Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by neksummi(m): 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
More power to your elbow lil girl.
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Ejine(m): 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
semid4lyfe: Hmm, passed up on downloading the movie when I first saw it online late last year but seeing that Oscar nomination thread and this one last night, I immediately downloaded it. . .yet to watch it sha.

Checked IMDB and it has a rating of 7.5 but I still can't help feeling the movie is dry undecided Maybe it's cos of the dull movie jacket and the somewhat uninteresting synopsis

Well, IMDB ratings have misled me many times but I'll watch it and form my opinion of the movie and the girl's acting

And how exactly is THAT jacket dull? With the color riot wey dey there, wetin else you dey find?

Anyway, it's a known fact she won't win the oscar sha. That award is reserved Bradley Cooper's co-star in 'Silver Linings Playbook' - don't say I told you sha wink

By the way, I'm shocked to the marrows The Dark Knight Rises didn't recieve a SINGLE nomination! Not even for "Best Sound"! Choi!! shocked grin

Oh, and Leonardo DiCaprio was snubbed again!!! This time, for his role in Django.

Mehn, this whole thing sucks asss! sad
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Raxxye(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
Gosh, I can‘t watch the video...this my phone sef!
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by NSNA: 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
I watched the film and was impressed by her acting skills. Great film, writer, directors and actors
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by vanstanzy(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
Please noone should delve into the comparison with Nollywood act(ors'/ress'), and bring boredom to this topic.
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by nollywood20: 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
@poster, two thumbs up for this great post.
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by taharqa: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
Beautiful, talentd girl.... Just read about her yterday
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
I see greatness in this child very confident and smart. Congrats darling!
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by etalker: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Please don't do boys o.most are bunch of confusion and career-killers

Hey, wait a minute.... Are u advising her to be a les.bi.an? Huh?
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by yemstok(m): 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]Hard work pays....if u no win oscar award,u'll definitely win mata award....put more effort,i tellya....u go succeed[/size]

Mata award ko! Lukaku award ni!
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
Let us not forget Macaulay Culkin and many others who started so brilliantly. I can only pray God impact wisdom into her as she grows
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by free2ryhme: 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
make Illuminati no hijack dis one ooo... Justin bieber is gone already
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by olagamalin(m): 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ejiné:

And how exactly is THAT jacket dull? With the color riot wey dey there, wetin else you dey find?

Anyway, it's a known fact she won't win the oscar sha. That award is reserved Bradley Cooper's co-star in 'Silver Linings Playbook' - don't say I told you sha wink

By the way, I'm shocked to the marrows The Dark Knight Rises didn't recieve a SINGLE nomination! Not even for "Best Sound"! Choi!! shocked grin

Oh, and Leonardo DiCaprio was snubbed again!!! This time, for his role in Django.

Mehn, this whole thing sucks asss! sad
well, Dark Knight Rises does not cut it for me oooo...too boring IMO, maybe cos the Joker is Dead anyway.
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by olagamalin(m): 12:05am On Jan 13, 2013
Visionaire: The Learning Edge presents HOW TO START A HIGHLY PROFITABLE COMPANY seminar holding in Lagos on Saturday 26th January, 2013. To participate, simply text your name, email and phone number to 08127706770 or 08037368720. Facilitators with practical experience and thriving businesses would be teaching and mentoring you after the training. Cheers!
Learnin Edge, lmao...In this Era of 3G,4G nd d likes...
Re: Meet The Youngest Ever Best Actress Oscar Nominee :) by Uchenna42(m): 2:35am On Jan 13, 2013
Download the movie...grin......98%......99%........error....downloading failed.......*faints*

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum / Meet 100cm Girl Who Is Looking For Love And Wanna Start A Family / Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.